{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@nigiri you will see that it is going quite well, especially for stages of lack of control.

I get the free application of a website, not for the Google Play.Someone put the link here and that's why I had it before Spain was released to the market.I am doing well when I leave home to go with less junk in my bag.

@Rociollinares Install the Glimp, as you make hair before each meal, you can put the value and the Glimp is recalculating the curves.You can also try the LIAPP.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2016 2 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sigsauer said:
@ruthbiaone that works with an algorithm ..

I have not seen it on my back either and that many begin to be seen on beaches, swimming pools, costumes etc, etc, it is seen that Abbott is doing great commercial management ..: D

Let's see if by the end or first of the year the patches of Nemaura Sugar Beat daily come out and surprise us with prices so that the rest puts the batteries, I have signed up on their website to have information.

@sigsauer ... I think it is finally the sensors that make the measures change, not the glucometer.If you compare the free (the glucometer) with the freeLink app gives you the same values ​​all the time because it uses the same calculation algorithm, but if you use in parallel glymp or liapp vary, but also turn the direct value they have used for theiralgorithm.
The value that glymp reads from the sensor (almost pink purple line) is not the same as they interpret free and freelink and should if it is the value stored without interpretation;And it gives the chance that is closest to the capillary.Glimp measures (the red curves) are those of their own algorithm.

If it were the theme of glucometer, as the algorithm is not made of other parameters, it should always give the same deviation regardless of the sensor that you put, and it is not so, it fluctuates a lot from one another.

My conclusion is that it has to do with the sensor and with the sensitivity of the filament that we introduce ourselves into the skin.The electronic part is fixed and constant in all sensors.And the filament does not find documentation to know what type of material is and analyze its tolerances.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2016 2:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia surely you are right, on August 1 I am not like to do an algorithmic study of the different meters ..: ((((

I understand that you know that Abbott's reader has his own algorithm and Glimp and Liapp give you the real RAW value at the same time that is why me in an imminent descent when I do sports between Glimp or Liapp and the reader I can have differences of 80 mg/dl ...
I simply told you about the differences in glucometers due...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/01/2016 3:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'll tell you @ruthbia!At the moment I am very happy!I have been a little uncontrolled for several weeks and without knowing very well why and that is why I have decided not to wait for September but the next one I will put it in gluteo like you :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/01/2016 5:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Maybe you could try where I put it, in the lowest part of the back, it is a good alternative to the buttock.
Just there is always fat where it hooks well, it measures well and is very discreet.

I'll put photos, let's see if I remember.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/01/2016 6:11 p.m.

What I have noticed is that there is enough difference between my meter and the freestyle, the nurses in the Diabetological Education course told us to rigrate or by one or the other, that if not, we were going to go crazy ...has it happened to any?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/02/2016 8:54 a.m.

@nigiri tell us how much difference and in what circumstances to know if they are normal or not, keep in mind that the free measure carries a delay of 15-25 minutes and before very fast ups or declines the blood glucose varies a lot.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/02/2016 10 a.m.

@nigiri, if the differences are very large, compare with an Abbott glucometer, in those cases they usually replace it, but those differences would have to be seen, as @Sigsauer tells you things and we will try to help you.
I was with differences of more than 100 for more than 15 days and in the end what was wrong was the capillary, Menarini changed them, in this case the free was of great help.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/02/2016 10:07 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

For example, last night I had a descent, the free gave me 56, I took something and for a long time I kept giving me low, in fact lower, 46 on the contrary in the normal glucometer I already gave me 75 and shortly 80. Today I haveRaised with 150 in the free and 219 in the glucometer @sigsauer and @rociollinares that is what I usually raise lately when I always usually dawn with 80 - 90. As I am with the threeiba for a couple of months or threeI am still regulating it and I will start uploading it because I put it at night at 9:30 p.m.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/02/2016 10:21 a.m.

That is what I wanted to tell you, for example at 10:00 the free marks you 56 mg/dl but that blood glucose is 09:40;You take something and trace, at 10:20 you do with the capillary glucometer and already mark 80mg/dl and the free continues to mark you low because it is the glycemia of 10:00 in which you have taken something to trace.I do not know if I have explained or I have put you even more, at the beginning the same thing happened to me.

In the morning I spend the reader or mobile 3 or 4 times almost in a row because being unused all night it seems that it costs to adjust glycemia.

I have been with Tresiba for 3 months and it seems that I am now starting to calibrate the doses and schedule a bit, it is also true that it has caught me in summer season, total sports laziness and other celebrations and it is not the best time to adjust.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/02/2016 10:35 a.m.

@nigiri The important thing about free are the trend arrows.Know if in the next few minutes you will go up, get off or stay more or less.
No glucometer is accurate and is subject to a lot of variables.You have to look if the deviation is more or less constant against the capillary (the FJD nurses can calibrate it in consultation, they did it to me the last time);The one who uses today varies between 10-20mg/dl, so as I measure him 20 tailored and stay calm.
I mix the two glucometers, always hair use before each meal and the rest free.In addition "food" the glimp that is more effective.

What a work to adjust the basal, they told me that they will take away the Levemir ... I have 4 Lantus feathers and many others will be left in September when I go to consultation.I hope to save me a puncture a day.

@Sigsauer The sensor in the back of the back is a good idea for the winter ... that in bikini is seen!I now carry two, one in each buttock because one "dies" tonight, to see if I get 20 hours before, better measures than the current one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 10:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@nigiri with those ABBOTT differences, the sensor would change you, but always with a glycometer check and if it occurs more times, and with a stable trend.It is also true that in most cases the first days is when the most difference gives.
Try that Abbott of sending strips, if you ask them to send them to make checks, although it takes several days and you already have them.
If you do not have your hair, you have two options or say that you have and that you use your "such" strips or tell them that they have made a pharmacy or health center, it makes no sense, but according to them, they are worth a capillary ofA professional, as if they used special capillaries, but well ......
And another thing, before any consultation or claim always tell them that the trend is stable, and if in the end you decide to change the area, always say that you carry it in the arm, and never throw anything until the sensor ends.
As Sigsauer says, the hypo is like that, with the free it takes to see the comeback for the reasons he has told you, but because of the trend you can anticipate many.
At the moment it continues to observe, they calculate them by variations of %

RocioLlinares
08/02/2016 11:33 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well, it was clear that it was not going to be so easy hahaha thank you very much @sigsauer @rociollinares and @ruthbia, I'll tell you.Today has been the first day that I have come to civilization with him, I am in the mountains in the middle of nowhere and yesterday I did not cross anyone but today I have gone to the supermarket and my mother, everyone looks at you looking at you !!Several children by asking her parents what that girl was carrying in her arm and in the end the cashier has directly asked me what she was and already a traca is when she has told me that if I do not know that they have already found the cure for diabetes ...
Greetings to all and thank you very much again !!!:)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/02/2016 12:55 p.m.

Tell them you are "the bionic woman" ... hahaha
Enjoy summer!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 1:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Some of that I will do until I put it in the gluteo hahahaha

Equally @ruthbia!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/02/2016 1:23 p.m.

And how fun it is to leave everyone with curiosity !!!
My daughter with the athletics luggage shows a lot in the culete, in the last race she says that in the exit line, both girls and boys began to talk about it, that if she had a lump, that if she wore a button, that for him to want a button ..... and she all did was laugh.I told him why he did not tell them what it was, and he was content, for what, if they will not know what it is, that they suffer .... and what I have laughed what ???

RocioLlinares
08/02/2016 1:39 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Ruthbia the idea of ​​the sensor in the lower back has been @Artorias not me, you have confused the r :))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/02/2016 8:15 p.m.

I wear my second sensor but I'm still adapting.I have a lot of insecurity the values ​​... since having 60 in the sensor and 120 in blood in a postpandral ... What did I trust?
With respect to putting the sensor in the gluteo or in the lower part of the back it is reliable?I am considering putting the next there because I work in a store and with my uniform it is in sight and the truth is that there is no day that someone tells me ... "That is to look at the sugar? I saw it the other day in aMagazine and how does it work? "or "what is that we are wearing?"I know it is something for my health but to be giving explanations every day to customers ...

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/03/2016 12:02 a.m.

leticia21 said:
I wear my second sensor but I'm still adapting.I have a lot of insecurity the values ​​... since having 60 in the sensor and 120 in blood in a postpandral ... What did I trust?
With respect to putting the sensor in the gluteo or in the lower part of the back it is reliable?I am considering putting the next there because I work in a store and with my uniform it is in sight and the truth is that there is no day that someone tells me ... "That is to look at the sugar? I saw it the other day in aMagazine and how does it work? "or "what is that we are wearing?"I know it is something for my health but to be giving explanations every day to customers ...

You can also put it in a thigh, I have put the last two like this and they have done very well.Well the fact is that they have also gone well in my arms

The truth is that I must be very lucky because the ones that have gone worse have not given me differences as scandalous as the ones I see here.In that sense I can help you here

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2016 8:09 a.m.

@Rociollinares How do I ask for control solutions for freestyle?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/03/2016 1:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.