{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I think the first thing to understand is that free is not accurate and nobody tries to sell it as such.It is declared that it can have an error of 11% but eye, regarding the measurement in laboratory blood, not in a capillary glucometer.Because all the devices we have (free, dexcom, capillary glucometers, measurements based on sweat, tear, etc.) All have a statistical error based on the algorithm they use.
Therefore, only the Dexcom G5 with a 9% error is accepted to make therapeutic decisions based on the measurement of an MCG.
I have been free for more than a year, and it is true that there are differences between some sensors and others.There are more exact and less, as with any other product there are not two equal units.
But what is undeniable is that with greater or lesser error, the free gives you a brutal information that you did not have before.I always make a comparison: capillary measurements are like photographs of your glycemia at a certain moment, while with the MCG (either dexcom or free) what you have is a video of the whole day.
Hopefully it was more exact, smaller, never took off, it was totally hypoallergenic and cheaper !!!But even and with all its buts it seems to me a very remarkable advance.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
06/15/2016 11:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@nachemi I would never have expressed it better !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/15/2016 6 p.m.

@Sigsauer I have put the sensor in the upper part of the buttock and it does not go.90 brand and capillary 150 ... does not move 90 :(
In the end I marked all the glucose low the previous one and I had to remove it at 9 day ... Lately they do not go well ... or I fall mysteriously.

I correct ... it seems that it is going well, but it was very pissed off because the previous one began to give me "go down" and "go down" all the time without meaning so I imagined that it broke down to 9 day.I've been in a row without reaching 14 days.
Of course, the sensor zone hurts.I have put it right where the panties ends to cover it and with a tips on itself.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2016 10:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia get used to protecting it from the first day because if you take it to hair even if it should not be moved, between heat, showers, which can enter water or any other unforeseen event can fuck you the sensor and are not cheap precisely so that youThey last for the middle of the days.The theory is very pretty but you will feel more safe with him protected than carrying him without more.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/22/2016 7:22 p.m.

@Sigsauer The last sensor I do not carry it protected, I had to take off the apostite of Fixomull at 5 day because it made me an allergic reaction, since then with nothing, swimming pool, heat and showers ... and it seems incredible to me but I endure!That if the last two days I thought it fell because I wear half a sensor taken off, haha ​​still works !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/22/2016 11:11 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I have two in a row to palman to the fifth or sixth day.My fault for bringing them to hair and going crashing into glass walls at six in the afternoon with all the heal.However, the adhesive is very improvable when it comes to its resistance to sweat...In winter instead I carry them with nothing and endure perfectly for the 14 days, it even costs to take them off...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/23/2016 9:02 a.m.

The same happens to me.In winter hair and so far none have fallen despite the daily showers and I can hardly take them away less the last than on the beach I took off from the saline environment.I put tape and well but in the end it failed.
I believe that constant humidity is not doing well;He is not prepared for salinity and that is why cascó.

What I am surprised is how well it measures in the buttocks, it gives me the same measure as the capillary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2016 10:56 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, I have never put it in almost two years, it will be a matter of trying it and seeing if I give myself less blows than in my arms...

DiabetesForo
06/23/2016 11:10 a.m.

Yes, I commented that I do not know if it is a coincidence or is psychological but it gives me the feeling that in the buttock gave me better values ​​than in my arm, I think that the ideal is to alternate from place as @joseludi said here, left arms-Derecho, left-right buttocks, thighs etc.

@kraken I think they have improved the adhesive when they saw that the first sensors fell to the minor unforeseen, beautiful, sweat etc and began to receive complaints and have to change sensors and I believe that the price of that improvement of the adhesive now has now been thatMany people and more and more among those who include me have begun to create irritations that 6 months ago did not come out.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/23/2016 3:14 p.m.

I have rotated the areas, but the key is to have stable blood glucose and move little during calibration.

In the buttock I do better but I think it is because I have more fat (I have a bikini operation, yes or if ...), in the arms little fat and insulin does not go very there.

@sigsauer I have also noticed the adhesives, what they would have is to sell the sensor with the exterior adhesive, instead of having to buy it apart, just as the wipe comes to clean the area.
And improve the extraction of the applicator, which I have already been able to use because the applicator takes them, one has changed it to me.
The applicators could be more, I don't like throwing them at the trash.It is not plastic or organic.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2016 4:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I want to move on to freestyle, do you recommend it?Apart from the reader and sensors, I don't need anything else, right?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/24/2016 11:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri the truth that within the failures that may have in measurements and other rolls that you will have read, I would tell you that in general it is beneficial.
With the capillary you cannot be clicking every 15 minutes to monitor how you are going;Freestyle and other meters allow you to control and manage to better adjust doses and meals.I personally compensate for me;The other meters as I have read are better but the cost seems exaggerated.

The initial 169euros pack comes with the reader and two sensors;Then you buy the loose sensors.If you don't like them at most, you just lose the 60s of the reader who also with Opium strips also works as a capillary but in the anthracite SS they have nothing more than Lite strips.
The first time you wear it has its truquito: the applicator has a bit before putting it so that the applicator is then released and the sensor is in the skin, although it does not always work and if you take the sensor or take off becauseThe applicator will drag it, Abbott changes it to another, returning it ... I suppose the chip can recover it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2016 1:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

We have been great.For insulin and hyper we always check with capillary.For hiccups, sometimes not, if you coincide with the symptoms we trust, and the truth that sometimes marked hypo, with symptoms and yet the capillary no.
We have avoided having to wake up my daughter at night, I or my husband are doing the controls and if it is in acceptable values ​​we do not wake her up.And in the case of my daughter, as long as it is in acceptable values, the capillaries of before and after the class of education, training and careers have been avoided, which are always of two or four per day.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/24/2016 2:54 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much @ruthbia, I'm going to throw myself without a doubt, I'll tell you!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/24/2016 8:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Have you used free with strips?I have arrived today the order of strips (the SS does not give me these strips, only the lite) and I have been testing;
At the moment it measures me more or less the same as the insulix but I think you do not take these values ​​to show the curve, only those of the sensor.Example:
Free sensor 14:21 measures 72 mg/dl
Free with strip 14:23 measures 67 mg/dl
Insulix 14:20 Measures 71 mg/dl

So the accuracy is not bad, but the optium strips need more blood or the fattest drop;I leave my finger for little ... and as I am clumsy ... When changing the needle of the pen I have nailed it and I have done another bleeding on another finger;I could have passed before to save a finger!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2016 5:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@sigsauer, @rociollinares .... my third sensor in the buttock but as the first one that put none.The last two go between 10-15 mg/dl below although sometimes they coincide with the capillary, in the morning nail it.
Variations of 10-20 do not consider them relevant, so I keep the buttock for comfort.

I have read one that puts it on the back and on the beach I saw one with two at the same time, one in the arm and another in the abdomen.@-)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2016 2:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sigsauer said:
I definitely think I'm not going to write about freestyle because I seem to sell them !!The only real blood glucose is what they do in your health center in the analytics, the capillary glucometer does not give you the real glycemia, I was sometimes making 2 glycemia in the same finger with the glucometer has given me values ​​with 30and 40 of difference, in the end everything is approximate algorithms to make a decision, be it the glucometer, dexcom or freestyle .. who has not done a glycemia in the capillary before going to the analytics and there is always an error of 30-40or 50 mg/dl .... ??Well, the capillary is more reliable .. ??

Totally agree.

Try the capillary to the media twice to see if it gives you the same results.The only reliable measurement of truth

ruthbia said:
@sigsauer, @rociollinares .... my third sensor in the buttock but like the first one that I put on any.The last two go between 10-15 mg/dl below although sometimes they coincide with the capillary, in the morning nail it.
Variations of 10-20 do not consider them relevant, so I keep the buttock for comfort.

I have read one that puts it on the back and on the beach I saw one with two at the same time, one in the arm and another in the abdomen.@-)

In the back?I never heard that, what group is it in?The two sensors sure is because one is about to expire and the following had already been put

DiabetesForo
07/27/2016 2:48 p.m.

@Ruthbia to me precisely almost always marks me 10-20 mg/dl but above but I think that is not a sensor problem but of the different glucometers that we use each that works with an algorithm ..

I have not seen it on my back either and that many begin to be seen on beaches, swimming pools, costumes etc, etc, it is seen that Abbott is doing great commercial management ..: D

Let's see if the patches of Nemaura Sugar Beat daily come out of the year and surprise us with prices so that the rest puts the batteries, I have signed up on their website to have information.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/27/2016 2:59 p.m.

sigsauer said:
to see if by the end or first of the year the patches of Nemaura sugar beat daily come out and surprise us with prices so that the rest is put on the batteries, I have pointed inyour website to have information.

@Sigsauer Cañes!I didn't know any of this!How good the Nemaura looks like ... They can give Dexcom's mortals as soon as it goes on sale.
Thanks for sharing it!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/27/2016 3:16 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

sigsauer said:

Let's see if by the end or first of the year the patches of Nemaura Sugar Beat daily come out and surprise us with prices so that the rest puts the batteries, I have signed up on their website to have information.

Thanks @sigsauer, I have also signed up to see what comes out at the end of all this.As we are not "tied" to free, at any time we can change the system and so comfortable :-)

DiabetesForo
07/27/2016 6:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.