{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

siga said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree, I thank you for the explanation but it is not necessary to do what I speak I understand the concept of delay, the peaks, the rations, the hyper, the hiccups, when this touches a child you inform yourself and formsto the fullest more than if it happened to yourself just feel not to feel what he feels and above all I cannot solve it ...
With all this I mean that when I say that a sensor is going badly all that is more than assumed, and if he tells you that it is 270 down smooth, it cannot be that in blood it is 170 ... or 80 down soft in blood they cannotBeing 180 is not the same or acts the same.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
06/07/2016 3:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fjf said:
sigsauer said:
@fjf to see, when blood glucose is very variable, that is, insulin making the maximum peak, the macarrones doingThe maximum peak, you are doing sports or in the later 2 hours of sport, capillary and free glycemia can suffer lags of up to 70-90 mg/dl but it is because of the variability so fast and the delay that carries free with respect to respectto the capillary glucometer ... When we are stable, the glycemia practically nail them with very small variations ..

I'm sorry but I don't agree, I thank you for the explanation but it is not necessary to do what I speak I understand the concept of delay, the peaks, the rations, the hyper, the hiccups, when this touches a child you inform yourself and formsto the fullest more than if it happened to yourself just feel not to feel what he feels and above all I cannot solve it ...
With all this I mean that when I say that a sensor is going badly all that is more than assumed, and if he tells you that it is 270 down smooth, it cannot be that in blood it is 170 ... or 80 down soft in blood they cannotBeing 180 is not the same or acts the same.

Amen !!I do not say that he is right, it is simply statistical when several people tell you them.I carry more than 15 sensors in my body and here there are people who wear more sensors and they will tell you more or less the same, it is a matter of practice and sensations in my body and about that I think .. as we always say whatOne is not good to work the same as the one next door .. me in all the sensors has never given me those differences or doing intense sports, which I do not want to say that I cannot happen to me in the following sensor.About irritations I can talk to you badly because you have already left me but that is another issue.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/07/2016 3:33 p.m.

@fjf ... children are growing and therefore advise the sensors to a certain age because they are not reliable when they vary both their hormones.Maybe that's why you have those values ​​that do not have a more or less deductible guideline.

I carry fewer sensors than @sigsauer and I am with her;He who fails me always gives me the same margin of error.The one that I have now fluctuates between 12-20 of difference with the capillary, always below.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2016 1:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

6 days the sensor has lasted.... I've taken it with a bag that I was carrying in my arm
What anger!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/11/2016 9:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I finally decided to put my first sensor !!!After placing it as if I was handling a watchmaking pump I put it on me and when I look at my arm in the mirror I had almost put it in my elbow, well I will put it better.
The real problem is that I have it since yesterday morning and I don't give one, I can't trust because there is usually a variance of 20 or 30 and sometimes more.With respect to the capillary. This is normal?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/11/2016 11:23 p.m.

@Ruthbia I so protect it from the first day I put it on, otherwise the sensor would not even come to the third day in place ...

@Aliciaalicia If you are the first one you will be passing the reader every 30 minutes and when the blood glucose is very variable, the values ​​will coincide very rarely;If you pass it 1 hour after having punctured you and eaten in which the blood glucose is doing the maximum peak and insulin is also stopped the difference between free and glucometer will be very large and that value of little will serve you, you better have a good time and see in the graph the trend of the last 3 or 4 hours.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2016 11:56 a.m.

Hello!I am new in the forum.I am 21 years old and I was very hopeful with the freestyle to be more controlled with more comfort.
I see that the same thing happens to more people, ... Freestyle leaves much to be desired.I have had 5 sensors and two have not worked for me and they have had to send another replacement.And in addition, this one, I have been wearing now it is useless to have it because it detects me from 50 to 70 mg/dl below the blood glucose level ... that is, yesterday I looked at my sensor and was 51 (Down) and I looked at my glucometer at the same time because I was not dizzy and I was indeed at 80 in blood ... They are very serious failures, because if you trust these sensors you can be healing a descent that you do not have, among other things.And finally, what my endocrine told me that I could trust the levels when the arrow is straight (that the value is stabilized) and not when it goes down or climbing, I found it super reasonable, but for example yesterday it gave me51 with the straight arrow .... that is, no, that this theory is not real either.

MarinaPC's profile photo
MarinaPC
06/12/2016 12:36 p.m.

Hansolo said:
I am reporting all my experiences on my Facebook page.And yesterday I put a screenshot of one of the last measurements: 142 the free and 315 in blood !!!!He is going worse as the days go by.This matter of the erratic of the sensors is beginning to be worrying, Auqnue is also true that we do not know what percentage of users affects them.But with my individual experience I have been wearing 7 sensors (I am one of the most experience in free) and it has been the following:

Sensor 1: Perfect.awesome.A 10
Sensor 2: Perfect.equally impressive.another 10
Sensor 3: Just as good as the previous ones.another 10.
Sensor 4: Crazy.It did not work from minute 1 of day 1 to day 14. All evil.unacceptable differences of up to 50%.A 0.
Sensor 5: Regular.Acceptable, but above the promised.It was approx a 20-25% deviation.A 5
Sensor 6: The same as the previous one.Similar deviation percentages, around 20%.another 5
Sensor 7: unacceptable.Unlike sensor 4 that was consistent and always marked 45-50% less than real glycemia, in this the values ​​are disparate and erratic, and as soon as it gives me a 20% deviation (it is not getting close much more than that)As 50% (see what I published last night at FB Link 0.

In conclusion;This matter is producing a certain confusion.Forgetting what happened to others and what percentage of affected sensors have, my particular statistics throw me 30% of unacceptable sensors, which really is not a little.I hope that in Abbott they can give solutions to this issue.I was impressed when I first tried it with the values ​​I showed.I don't understand this matter.

I don't understand anything either!I am new in the forum.I am 21 years old and I was very hopeful with the freestyle to be more controlled with more comfort.
I see that the same thing happens to more people, ... Freestyle leaves much to be desired.I have had 5 sensors and two have not worked for me and I have had to send the replacement.And in addition, this one, I have been wearing now it is useless to have it because it detects me from 50 to 70 mg/dl below the blood glucose level ... that is, yesterday I looked at my sensor and was 51 (Down) and I looked at my glucometer at the same time because I was not dizzy and I was indeed at 80 in blood ... They are very serious failures, because if you trust these sensors you can be healing a descent that you do not have, among other things.And finally, what my endocrine told me that I could trust the levels when the arrow is straight (that the value is stabilized) and not when it goes down or climbing, I found it super reasonable, but for example yesterday it gave me51 with the straight arrow .... that is, no, that this theory is not real either.

MarinaPC's profile photo
MarinaPC
06/12/2016 12:47 p.m.

I definitely think I'm not going to write more about freestyle because I seem to sell them !!The only real blood glucose is what they do in your health center in the analytics, the capillary glucometer does not give you the real glycemia, I was sometimes making 2 glycemia in the same finger with the glucometer has given me values ​​with 30and 40 of difference, in the end everything is approximate algorithms to make a decision, be it the glucometer, dexcom or freestyle .. who has not done a glycemia in the capillary before going to the analytics and there is always an error of 30-40or 50 mg/dl .... ??Well, is the capillary more reliable .. ??

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2016 5:40 p.m.

sigsauer said:
I definitely think I'm not going to write about freestyle because I seem to sell them !!The only real blood glucose is what they do in your health center in the analytics, the capillary glucometer does not give you the real glycemia, I was sometimes making 2 glycemia in the same finger with the glucometer has given me values ​​with 30and 40 of difference, in the end everything is approximate algorithms to make a decision, be it the glucometer, dexcom or freestyle .. who has not done a glycemia in the capillary before going to the analytics and there is always an error of 30-40or 50 mg/dl .... ??Well, the capillary is more reliable .. ??

Yes, the capillary is more reliable.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
06/12/2016 6:10 p.m.

@sigsauer, are you the seller-commercial?;) Please change the glue: D :)) =)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/12/2016 8:02 p.m.

It would be good for the distributor to read this forum and thus take note of the failures.
@Anaisabel please please please have to do so that the dolls come out because when I give one you get arrows or parentheses.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 8:12 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia, you give the doll that you want and come out a signs that when you send him they leave.Proof :)

Anaisabel
06/12/2016 8:18 p.m.

: x

DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 8:24 p.m.

@Anaisabel goes !!!Thanks: -h = D>

DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 8:25 p.m.

= D> :)

Anaisabel
06/12/2016 8:26 p.m.

@fjf I like your argument and reasoning, Amen Jesus !!!

All absolute or resound

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2016 9:57 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@fjf I like your argument and reasoning, Amen Jesus !!!

Everything absolute or resounding scares me and it infuses me suspicions

You are right, I argue with what I see day by day, when a sensor is going well no problem is wonderful, an example of when it goes wrong, keywords of my son "I am bad" capillary glycemia in that case always low, does not fail, instead a bad sensor can mark you 100 stable, it is a lottery.That is why in my case I was much more than the capillary that is always the one that always blocks my son's sensations.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
06/13/2016 1:03 a.m.

Among all the control systems the capillary is the most stable and reliable, but the free has given me exact values ​​to the capillary if I put it on and I am at absolute rest the time that the calibration lasts.Try it and you will check it.
I am waiting to get the next one because I am in the quiet OFI and so surely it gives me good measures.

By the way, on Saturday at a party everyone asked me about the sensor and I told them it was "bionic" ;-)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2016 10:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think that glucòimeters also have too much margin of error, if not there would be no difference between one and the other. There is to understand the concept of continuous measurement; I use freestyle since it went out to a sensor every fifteen days ....Well, I will take more than 30, to me it is a product that is worth it, it helps me to better manage my diabetes, without having blind faith in its values ​​but neither in the glucometer, sometimes it gave me hiccups in the sensor and normal in the capillary andThe sensor was right ... some sensors have been to throw in the trash ...; for my daughter I have opted for Dexcom because the alarms in children especially when they sleep are more than a peace of mind for parents ... and I amvery happy.
I do not know if the photos will be seen well, it is a measurement made right now with three different glucometers (the associated with my insulin bomb, that of my daughter and that of the freestyle reader with capillary strip) and what the sensor marks meI don't think capillary differences are acceptable ... 114,139 and 182 where does it go from?
Each ends up opting for what it works, it cannot be generalized.

beti's profile photo
beti
06/14/2016 2:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.