{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I have asked in the Facebook group of free users if in their ABBOT countries it has thrown the house through the window or in Spain we are the only ones that we have the right to buy 6 sensors and save the shipping costs of 2 orders.In the United Kingdom and Holland is at least the same

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2016 9:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Today a question came.Tomorrow I will be away from home and I will not be able to change my sensor, well I could do it last hour, but I almost prefer to do it in the comfort of my house, I am not yet experienced haha, so when I stop working I will choose to take it away from me one dayAnd ready.But something that I don't know did, if it can be done, if it happened again, could I put a sensor the day before, for example, and start it the next day?And if it can be done ... would lose one day of measure or the 14 days have only since you start it in the meter?

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/23/2016 11:07 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

You can put it a day before until you activate it does not work.The fourteen days begin at the time you activate it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/23/2016 11:26 p.m.

@Anaisabel the next one that happens to me and I know that I can do it, today I did not want to risk.Thank you so much

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/24/2016 2:06 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:
@anaisabel the next one that happens to me and I can do it, today I did not want to risk.Thank you very much

They also say that putting the sensor 24 hours earlier.It doesn't matter to me, when it comes good, give it good and when it goes bad it is bad even if I put the sensor one day before

DiabetesForo
02/24/2016 2:48 p.m.

Good morning,
Today I have to change my sensor.And I return to the same issue.What other areas, in addition to the arm, are viable?In the thigh, in which area: behind, below as if we said of the culete?This second sensor has had more variability in the measurements, respect the glucometer and put it on the back, just above the buttock (in insulin injection zone, go).And, as one always seeks to blame himself first, I say ... it is the same that in that area of ​​my body, the sensor works badly ... or sometimes the sensor is regulero?

I don't like to carry it in my arms.I was generated insecurity because the minimum they give you in my arm, I already gave me the paranoia that I was going to fall ... and on topCLOTHING ... PUF, I am very lazy my arm ...

Thank you so much.

A hug.

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
02/29/2016 7:18 a.m.

I tried in the gut and I was not very fine, but due to allergy problems I took three or four days alone.In the gut it was more uncomfortable to wear.In my arms it is very comfortable to me.

Anaisabel
02/29/2016 12:41 p.m.

Hello yesterday I asked for a start kit on the Abbott website animated by the impressions I read here.Although I correctly redirected PayPal and I made the payment have not yet contacted me with order number or the payment has been processed.Do you know if there are supply problems?
Greetings

tigrecito's profile photo
tigrecito
03/14/2016 8:53 p.m.

It seems that the next Glimp update will incorporate sensor software calibration.

Link

DiabetesForo
03/16/2016 6:01 p.m.

Hello, I have been using the sensors since November 2015, I had been waiting for them for more than a year and has been a real disappointment.
Some sensors work quite well in correlation with hair glycemia, but others have a lot of error with respect to it, in the end I wear the sensor and it is a matter of luck that works well or not.
But my biggest problem is that many sensors do not even start, they don't work directly.The last time I made an order of 6 sensors and none of them worked, it seems incredible but it is true, the first one stayed the needle of the applicator nailed, the second -tero-fourth and sixth said reading error (badly stuck sensor, whatthat was not true because it was perfectly stuck) and the fifth sensor did not even leave the applicator.An authentic disappointment, have replaced me 4, but the other 2 will wait to analyze them before replacing them.
What frustration, after spending a money the sensors are defective.I have written a claim to Abbot and I am waiting for a solution, they are playing with our money, hope and illusion.

Marisa33's profile photo
Marisa33
04/04/2016 11:56 a.m.

I copy here the last email received by Abbott that you have received you and it is in relation to the placement of the sensor for correct readings apart from what has already been commented here to put it on when blood glucose is as stable as possible.

The correct application of the sensor is key to obtaining a complete image of the
glucose, so be sure to apply it
correctly following these three steps:
Select an area from the back of the remote arm,
At least 2.5 cm where
Inject insulin or where the last sensor was applied
Avoid areas with scars, moles, stretching or packages.
It is very important that the application zone is fully clean.
Use the
Tallita with alcohol supplied and wait until the area dries.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/13/2016 1:19 p.m.

I have not received any email.Thanks, @sigsauer.

Anaisabel
04/13/2016 1:26 p.m.

I also received it @sigsauer @anaisabel with a PDF to learn to interpret graphics, although more than to interpret comments the different options to see data.It would be good to help us with that, because in my hospital they walk and I learn on the fly and thanks to you to change the chip to start seeing curves and not seeing just specific figures

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/13/2016 3:23 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello, we will have the opportunity to manufacture an automatic transmitter, direct to our phone to know our glycemia every 5 minutes, and put alarms.
What do you have the page Link

acinco's profile photo
acinco
04/14/2016 10:55 a.m.

@acinco had already read it, but I don't understand very well as possible.The theory is that the freestyle transmits to the mobile now with NFC but for that you have to scan the sensor, how will this transmitter work?I am not an expert in the field and perhaps it is a silly question, but it is not clear to me how I can transmit data continuously if they do not change something in the sensor

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/14/2016 3:34 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I imagine that it will be an NFC reader and this one would send it via Wifi or Bluetooth to a phone, tablet or smartwatch.
Soon we will know the size of this NFC reader that I think will have to take near the freestyle.
The NFC reader every 5 minutes would read the freestyle and send it to the device, being able to put alarms of high or low glycemia.
I think it could be yes.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
04/14/2016 4:41 p.m.

I thought that, I would have to take it close.We will have to be attentive and see that it continues to leave, because little explains for now

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/14/2016 5:02 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

If I hope you have an adequate radius of action, we have to wait and that the ABBOT Coja house note and apply it in future versions of this product, that with the technology there is no problem.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
04/14/2016 6:16 p.m.

From what I have read on the page that you have put @acinco I see that an electronic plaque called and manufactured by Arduino which is the one that reads the sensor and transmits the data to the mobile every five minutes.The mobile through a program called XDrip sends them to the cloud or an intelligent clock (I prefer to call it if to call it smartwatch).

I imagine that the plate Iria in a case as in the photo and that case must be subject to the patch

I have no idea of ​​programming or electronic but I suppose that the plate and the sensor do not know if they will be connected physically by cable or the same read plate by NFC.

The project will have to be followed closely because it promises even if I don't know how to go.Who has created the project is looking for people to join

So Arduino is a world full of applications and possibilities:

Link
Link
Link
Link

DiabetesForo
04/14/2016 7:14 p.m.

If I have seen it, I hope Group I grows can create this device that would help many people.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
04/14/2016 7:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.