{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Hi @Juaky13 If you read the threads about freestyle you will see that it is weird or very rare that gives you the same result as the glucometer of a lifetime.A question knows how continuous measurement works ... ??You know that the sensor reading is about 15 mints before the one you do with the normal ... ??You know that the capillary glucometer does not give you the same result if you make 2 measurements in a row .. ??Courage and patience.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/08/2016 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You know some program for iOS to be able to read it with the iPhone 6 Plus.

I also want to buy the band to hold it in sports

roberdlv's profile photo
roberdlv
02/08/2016 6:47 p.m.

I'm not sure but I don't think there are Glimp and Liapp for Android.It is commented that an official ABBOTT application has to leave, the LibreLink that I imagine will be worth for the iOS and Android .. I think it is only working in Sweden ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/08/2016 7:07 p.m.

sigsauer said:
hi @juaka13 If you read the threads about the freestyle you will see that it is rare or very rare that gives you the same result as the glucometer of a lifetime.A question knows how continuous measurement works ... ??You know that the sensor reading is about 15 mints before the one you do with the normal ... ??You know that the capillary glucometer does not give you the same result if you make 2 measurements in a row .. ??Courage and patience.

GREETING

Hi Sigsauer, thanks for your answer and your spirits.The truth is that I have not read the book, since it is in German (currently living in Germany).The thing is that many times, when I have the "low sugar" the machine gives me "lo".

Tonight I will look for manuals in Spanish online.

Greetings :)

juaky13's profile photo
juaky13
02/08/2016 8:03 p.m.

roberdlv said:
you know some program for iOS to read it with the iPhone 6 Plus.

I also want to buy the band to hold it when playing

Well, there is the complicated thing because I think Apple has the NFC that is the technology that is needed to read the sensor.Developers can work on Android, but in Apple if the company does not facilitate things ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 8:47 p.m.

@Juaky13 Keep in mind that the free freestyle sensor measures interstitial fluid so the result will be different from the blood glucometer and the result you see will be the glucose you had 15 minutes ago +/-.A difference of between 5 and 25 mg/dl I think is well taking into account that the arrow is very important.There will be days that will give you the same result and others will be larger differences depending on the activity, meals etc.

I sleep many times on the sensor and I have not had very different measurements although I could influence, the truth is that I do not know .. greetings.;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/08/2016 8:49 p.m.

sigsauer said:
I'm not sure but I think no, there are only glimp and liapp for Android.It is said that an official ABBOTT application has to leave, the LibreLink that I imagine will be worth for the iOS and Android .. I think it is only working in Sweden ..

I think that people are proven in the United Kingdom, to see if the application reports improve that there are now because it is very short.You cannot make data filtered, you cannot make search, if in certain measurement the brands with a note, in the report you get the note but you do not know what measurement corresponds, and thus a lot of things.

DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 8:49 p.m.

juaka13 said:
hello @juaky13 if you read the threads about the freestyle you will see that it is rare or very rare that gives you the same the sameresult that the glucometer of a lifetime.A question knows how continuous measurement works ... ??You know that the sensor reading is about 15 mints before the one you do with the normal ... ??You know that the capillary glucometer does not give you the same result if you make 2 measurements in a row .. ??Courage and patience.

GREETING

Hi Sigsauer, thanks for your answer and your spirits.The truth is that I have not read the book, since it is in German (currently living in Germany).The thing is that many times, when I have the "low sugar" the machine gives me "lo".

Tonight I will look for manuals in Spanish online.

Greetings :)

It is not a matter of reading the manual @Juaky13, I recommend you read the threads corresponding to free and dexcom, come on, everything related to continuous measurement

DiabetesForo
02/08/2016 8:51 p.m.

Hello everyone!I am new with this freestyle, the truth is that I have been superIt has already been in tune!I only have one question, let's see if any has happened to any ... has the sensor bleed you ever?It is not that I have a lot of blood but I see blood as in the part of the tape ...

Thank you so much!

gha's profile photo
gha
02/11/2016 3:48 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

You will have taken some venilla, if you do well I would not give importance.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/11/2016 5:05 p.m.

I have just arrived from Abbot telling me that there is already freedom to ask for and without restrictions.You can also ask for up to six sensors at the same time.What I do not like is that they do not discount, you just save the 11.90 of 2 shipments.

DiabetesForo
02/16/2016 11:40 a.m.

They could make some promotion such as the large supermarket chains, "Buy 6 and pay 5" also that buying 6 sensors should take into account the issue of expiration if you do not continue them continuously ..

The truth is that I do not see many advantages to be able to buy 6 sensors of a tacada if there is no discount in between ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/16/2016 1:21 p.m.

sigsauer said:
could make some promotion such as large supermarket chains, "buy 6 and pay 5" also that buying 6 sensors would have to take into account the issue of expiration if you do notYou continuously put ..

The truth is that I do not see many advantages to be able to buy 6 sensors of a cup if there is no discount in between ...

None, I only see that the expense of two shipments is saved.It would be necessary to give "war" and "make them see" that their promotion does not interest.The fact is that I have to ask now and I don't know what to do

DiabetesForo
02/16/2016 1:42 p.m.

Yesterday I asked for 2 and I already saw that in the drop -down of the number of sensors I let me take up to 6. As I had 1 sensor it is not a matter of having bulk -stored sensors in the closet ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/16/2016 1:53 p.m.

@sigsauer.I am about to continue asking them for 2 in 2.

It seems to me a tease that they intend to charge you the same if you buy 1, 2 ... or 6 sensors.

I would be delighted that if they offer me a small price with the condition of buying them x sensors.But this?

DiabetesForo
02/16/2016 11:38 p.m.

By the way ... Is there no way that I measure the device once it arrives on the 14th, right?What morro they have ... I am very angry ... I hope the day comes when the social security covers it ...

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
02/17/2016 7:30 a.m.

The LIAPP application for mobile reads a couple of hours more than the official reader, at first there were 12 hours more or so but I think they have caught it ...

@joseludi The only sense that I see to be able to buy up to 6 sensors without discount is for a family in which more than one person with diabetes are.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/17/2016 10:53 a.m.

roberdlv said:
you know some program for iOS to read it with the iPhone 6 Plus.

I also want to buy the band to hold it when playing

@roBerdlv, with respect to the band to hold it during sports practices I use a normal puff doll that is used to dry the sweat.I have previously stretched it for a few days so that the arm does not tighten too much.What I do is put it on a boat/jar that has a diameter much larger than the arm and thus yields the rubber.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
02/18/2016 10:17 a.m.

Hello, I have been in diabetic for 40 years (I have 46 now), when I was younger I told me when we arrive at the year 2000 instead of going by car we will go in spacecraft and the diabetes will be cured ... and a shit ..I continue with my Renault and my diabetes .... But something has changed my life, the freestyle. A formidable apparatus that could relieve and improve the control of my diabetes I have taken almost 2 months but in the end I had to remove it..
Do you know if there is any initiative of any group that presses the authorities to be included in the S.S.?

bernat's profile photo
bernat
02/18/2016 11:25 p.m.

tresiba 24u. hora 6:00 AM
novorapid a demanda 1 u. x racion HC

There was some initiative at Change.org to sign the request, I don't know if it will remain active ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/19/2016 3:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.