{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I see two inconveniences ... I inaccurate many sensors, some, very bad and that generates a lot of psychological stresss.When we put it on my child it is an obsession ... and we rest when

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/16/2016 3:03 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

At first I did obsess me, but not now.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/16/2016 4:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With the first one I got obsessed, I spent 50 times a day (as is a crash), with the following I set out to pass it to me when I really needed it (gym, paddle, curro, celebrations etc ...) or noticed hypos or hypers that forThat is the invention, since then delighted and the accuracy within the reasonable values ​​+/- 20-30 mg/dl although there are days that nail them with the capillary ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/16/2016 5:29 p.m.

Hello, I don't know if you can tell me if I can buy only the sensors without buying the kit since I have a phone with NFC?
As I have this phone I think it is not necessary to buy the reader thanks and greetings.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/26/2016 12:47 p.m.

Be careful with the last freestyle sensors.They are giving a lot of mistake, and many people begin to return them to Abbott.

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
01/26/2016 12:58 p.m.

Let's see @oscarelgato, you have already said that you are not happy.What many people where you get it?I have only returned one and not for errors but because I have left allergy when using it.
Do not alarmed people is not necessary.

Anaisabel
01/26/2016 1:15 p.m.

@acinco, only the sensors I think you cannot buy them.

Anaisabel
01/26/2016 1:16 p.m.

@acinco, I think that only the sensors can be purchased, what happens is that with the apps that exist for mobile phone and that they use NFC, for the moment the new sensors cannot be started, you have to start them with the original reader.

Once they are started, you can read them on the mobile for 14 days.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 1:22 p.m.

The other day I saw on Facebook that the creator of Glimp had taken an application to initially sensor, I do not know if it will work, I know if the sensors are sold without the starting kit.Anyway because of how little it is not worth the risk

DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 1:46 p.m.

You can buy only the sensors, in fact, I had the reader, I sent them an email and they told me that without problems I could acquire the sensors so I did so.Without problem.

There is an application to initialize the sensor without the official glymp s reader and then for the glymp and liapp readings I have not tried to initialize the reader, with the next one I try it even if there is someone who proves it before it tells us ..

@Anaisabel totally agree with your last comment.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 2:08 p.m.

Hello thanks for answering a pleasure so fast, I would be very grateful, if you try it and you can tell me if you can start it with the application GLIMP S.
Really a pleasure greetings.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/26/2016 5:19 p.m.

I planned to use the starting kit that send me and equal to the app, to compare measure results with the TLF app.More than anything, in case the device fails to have a plan b.
I don't know if you can download data on more than one device, or if you would download the option to download them in the other ... do you know any how this works or if I am saying a burial?

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/26/2016 5:37 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

To download the data I believe that the best is the official reader and connect it to the PC because you can see the daily, weekly and monthly means and graphics, also have a series of food patterns, glucose food schedules etc.
Smartphone applications are much simpler at least liapp, you only see glycemia, the up-down arrow trend and on the next screen a list with all the measurements you have made and the hours you have made.Glimp has more options to put insulins, punctures, carbohydrates, daily measurements, trips etc ... but I have not used it more than to make measurements so I have not studied it ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 6:10 p.m.

I have installed the Glimp app and it seems very complete, what I am looking for is to be able to go on a trip and not take so many devices since if we count mobile, meter of the freestylelibre and also for safety gluconometer blood.It is the comfort of using the phone and it seems that this app is very complete, I will ask for a sensor and try how.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/26/2016 6:44 p.m.

What happens is that if I started with Glimp you can no longerWith the TLF app.More than anything, in case the device fails to have a plan b.
I do not know if you can download data on more than one device, or if you would download the option to download them in the other ... you know any how this works or if I am saying a buried ??

Starting the sensor with the official reader you can use the mobile or reader at the same time.Eye, only the reader generates reports.

Keep in mind that if you initialize the sensor with the GLIMP S application

Link

You can not use the official reader with that sensor:

" -if you initialize a sensor with glimp s you will be unable to read like abbott freestyle reader "

I think it is not worth using the mobile nothing more than for very isolated cases.

DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 7:48 p.m.

You can not use the official reader with that sensor:

I didn't know that data @joseludi.Very important information !!!I no longer start with the application.Thank you so much

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 10:14 p.m.

Hello,
I just received my free freestyle and I just put the sensor as who says.I need to consult you.Because I see a difference of 20 units between the sensor and glucometer values.Is it normal?Can't calibrate?At first it usually happens and then the measure is corrected?In addition to the arms, is there any other application zone?
Thank you so much.

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
02/01/2016 6:34 p.m.

vitrichenko said:
hello,
I just received my free freestyle and I just put the sensor as who says.I need to consult you.Because I see a difference of 20 units between the sensor and glucometer values.Is it normal?Can't calibrate?At first it usually happens and then the measure is corrected?In addition to the arms, is there any other application zone?
Thank you very much.

Man, if we say that the capillary is for example 100 and that of the free is 120 is very good, and let's not say if you are very high, then it would be magnificent.Even so, I think it is quite well, he thinks that with the punctures on the finger you will never have the same data, the exact exact would be the analysis in the laboratory.

There are people who have placed the sensors in the thigh (for example) and in the belly.

I take this opportunity to comment that last Thursday ended the life of the last sensor and as today they have made a resonance I have had to be all these days without free, I had the feeling of being "less free", a very rare feeling, I threw it out ofLess, we go that I think that once the continuous measurement is the system that is there is no progress left unless it is for very strong causes

DiabetesForo
02/01/2016 9:19 p.m.

@joseludi is true, I between sensor and sensor stop between 5 and 7 days for arm rest and to recover sensations with the capillary and it is true that the first 2 days without it I am very restless and uneasy, totally agree ..

@Vitrichenko A difference of 20 mg/dl taking into account that the result of the free is 15 mts previous at the time you do to me seems to me an almost perfect result.The result of the hair glucometer is not perfect either ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/01/2016 10:34 p.m.

Thank you.That leaves me much calmer.

And in order to try other areas such as the gut or legs, I suppose it is in the injection areas, with a fatty tissue, right?I do not feel like taking the sensor in sight in my arms.It will be nonsense, but for me it is important.I have put this first there, because I have asked for help a nurse and has been very resounding that the correct placement zone is that.But and on the back, just above the culete, in that area also suitable for injections, how do you see it?Has anyone tried it?

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
02/01/2016 10:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.