{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

iñaki1 said:
calerun said:
Iñaki1 said:
Iñaki1 said:
good night to all and all, although it is theFirst time I write in the forum, I have been following and learning from you for a few years, since I have a son who debuted 5 years ago.
I wanted to comment on the "solutions" we use so that my son does not take off the sensor, the first thing we put is a “corone” that we do with the téada -tongue strips, this is not the technical name, which the fisotherapeutas use.I put a photo.
And the second "Inventillo" is a neoprene bracelet, we bought a neoprene baby suit in Decathlon,
12 or 14 euros, and we cut it to measure and sew Velcro to be able to adjust it well, his arm is not very grade.Tell you that this bracelet we have used throughout the summer when it bathed, and it has bathed a lot both in the pool and in the sea, and we have not had any problem with the sensor.

Again, thank you for your contributions, ideas and knowledge.

GREETING

Thanks for your contribution Iñaki1, I will try to try it with the next sensor.You could tell me what kind of tape you do the "crown", it seems that it is one piece or you have done it with several pieces

The Neoprene bracelet I see it a very good idea!I had not occurred to use a child's neoprene.
Thank you very much again.

This is the neoprene photo.

IÑAKI1's profile photo
IÑAKI1
09/30/2015 3:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What was given was over.This morning I followed the mobile reading the old sensor.But in the middle of the morning no longer.Total that will have been just over 12 hours.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 6:22 p.m.

Hello everyone !!We also managed to stretch the sensor a few more hours with the mobile.Little, but at least something is scratched ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
10/01/2015 12:17 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Oh!Our joy in a well, 12h x 52 weeks = 26 days a year, that is 2 sensors, that is € 125.Less gives a stone...

DiabetesForo
10/01/2015 12:34 p.m.

Hello, we have only been with Maria's diabetes for 4 months and we are already considering the theme of the continuous meter and more now that with the school schedules we carry some lack of control, two days a week begins an hour before and if we add to thatEF classes and hormonal change .... You know better than me how all this is going !!!
My consultation is, within my ignorance, what is the difference between freestyle and dexmon?Apart from the price, does the freestyle have any alarm?Can you synchronize with a mobile?Should I ask for your endocrine or can I share it?I have seen the demonstration video but I have a lot of doubts .... Many grace.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/01/2015 1:29 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I have also vitsto that is not recommended for children under 18.Maria Ará 14 years in January and for what I have read if there are children who carry it.

RocioLlinares
10/01/2015 1:49 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Not the Freetyle has no alarm and you have to pass the reader through the sensor every time you want to know how much you have, the Dexcom do nothing, the figures go directly to the receiver or the mobile, you have a distance of 6 meters even 50 in 50Open spaces (the latter according to the commercial) and then the freshlele sensors last 14 days, well it seems that with the mobile they have achieved a few more hours, those of the dexcom last at least 15 days, to appear from there each is a world, to myThey last 4 weeks, with some I have reached 5 weeks!
The place of placement, the El Free is the upper part of the arm, the Dexcom recommends the abdomen or the upper part of the culete, but we have already tried here other sites such as the arm like the free, the thigh or me, which, whichI carry it in the upper part of the side, cover with the bra, discreet
.Discretite
For me the issue of alarms is very important especially at night and when I exercise, well and when I am also working because I cannot be aware of passing the reader every little, I scheduI remember the sugar.
I certainly stay with the Dexcom if you can pay (think that the sensors are removed, that at first you throw the accounts for a week and fall on the ass of the scare, but you see it last much more

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/01/2015 1:51 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, just adding to the great explanation of the gala that the freestyle for the moment is not available because they are short of production and do not allow more users, they are supposed to solve it as soon as possible.What you can do is enter the ABBOT Spain page and "point" to the waiting list to let you know when available.At that time you can buy it online and it costs € 60 the sensor, which is changed every 15 days.

Here I leave you an exhaustive comparison of Hansolo's blog, a partner of the forum.

Link

I hope I have helped you.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2015 4:41 p.m.

Many Gracias Kraken, great link, my husband and I will have to read with peace of mind.
Gala, in principle we were afraid of the nocturnal hypicThe Dexcom in case of a hiccThe class ..... we will continue to inform ourselves and have such.

RocioLlinares
10/01/2015 5:47 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Yes, I take it alone in vibration but if you get off 55 if you get to whistIt reaches 55 is that you are already below the figure ...
(It is normal that you do not reach 55 because for that you have the other alarms, the ones that only vibrate, I always have it at 80)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/01/2015 6:09 p.m.

gala said:
yes, I take it alone in vibration but if you get off 55 if you get to whistle and that cannot be disagree and rightly not deactivates because you remember that both theFree as the Dexcom go 15 minutes late, then if you reach 55 is that you are already below the figure ...
(It is normal that you do not reach 55 because for that you have the other alarms, which only vibrate, I always have it at 80)
Does not gala.The 55 is also for vibration initially.If you do not attend it, after a while I whistle.By the way, the maximum in 130 ?? !!Fuck!What a flat curve you should have (of glucose, I mean, je, jeee).
Rocío, if you can afford it, do not hesitate.For children, Dexcom is a guarantee of tranquility, for them and for you.It's like forgetting less diabetes when needed.You will sleep and she will be on a pending class of what she has to be.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/01/2015 6:32 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

For all who have problems with the doors frames ..... put it in the thigh.I have put them there and I have not noticed that the measurement is more inaccurate.What I have noticed is that the frames of the doors do not arrive there, and that no one gives me palmaditas on my thighs hehehe.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
10/01/2015 9:33 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

As for stretching the sensor more of the same at a few hours since I was 86 when I was 160 so lasting does not last anymore.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
10/01/2015 9:34 p.m.

rafach said:
for all who have problems with the doors of the doors ..... put it in the thigh.I have put them there and I have not noticed that the measurement is more inaccurate.What I have noticed is that the frames of the doors do not arrive there, and that no one gives me palmaditas on my thighs hehehe.

What area of ​​the thigh do you place it?

calerun's profile photo
calerun
10/02/2015 12:18 a.m.

If Alandres, I try not to make me the meals, depending on what I vya to eat faster or slower, I do not start eating until I see in the dexcom that starts to go down or on the contrary, if I am low and I go toEat something very slow until it does not start up I do not punish and correct if I pass 130

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 12:47 a.m.

How good @gala !!This is the graph of my girl today ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/02/2015 1:55 a.m.

calerun said:
rafach said:
for all who have problems with the doors of the doors ..... put it in the thigh.I have put them there and I have not noticed that the measurement is more inaccurate.What I have noticed is that the frames of the doors do not arrive there, and that no one gives me palmaditas on my thighs hehehe.

What area of ​​the thigh do you place it?

On the front, looking forward as if we said.Also as use leg underwear if you put them at the top or look.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
10/02/2015 10:42 a.m.

gala said:
if Aandres, I try not to make me picos, depending on what I go to eat faster or more slow, I do not start eating until I see in the dexcom that IStart going down or on the contrary, if I am low and I will eat something very slow until it does not start up, I do not punish and correct if I pass 130

Were you era type 2, right?

Because that flat graph would be amazing for a type1 (which is not on honeymoon), what happens to Q's girlfriend is more normal.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/02/2015 11:48 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

No, I'm type I, since 14, honeymoon, hopefully ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 12:56 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica, who takes your girl to recover the descents?Because it gives the feeling that what it does is bounce, eat to recover the descent, then go up too much, click and go down and how it lowers eates again and goes back up too much and so on.
The same should take less to recover the descents
Also from time to time I get similar graphics, New York Bag type !!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/02/2015 1:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.