{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Well, my Glimp still gives me values ​​above the capillary and reader.

As for checking what the reading lasts after expired, we will see.It turns out that next Tuesday and at the beginning of the week I began to take off and put Tegaderm.On Thursday I began to take off the Tegaderm a little and I did not pay much, yesterday I began to notice the filament and I saw that it was time to change the tegaderm, I did so but since then the measures between the capillary and the sensor are notso similar.Let's see if I can hold the sensor

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2015 1:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it gives me quite accurate values.On Wednesday the sensor expires and I will leave it and take the two to see what happens.My skin is that it must be adherent because I don't wear anything most of the time.And when I wear Tegaderm when it comes to taking it away from me, I was still very close and it was only my feeling that was taking off.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
09/27/2015 8:45 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Hello everyone, thanks to all of you I have been able to learn from your experiences with free.Last Friday I put my first sensor, I've been very happy for a short time with the information it provides.I usually do a lot of sport and the theme of adhesion has a bit worried.I put it with Skin Tac.On Saturday I made a soft output with the mountain bike and everything perfect.But on Sunday after making the long exit with the road bike, he noticed that the adhesive surrounding the sensor was starting to be lifted in some areas.Since then I have been subject with a hipoallergenic tape return.I also have been spinning to go with him for some time.
Regarding the Neoprene bracelet, it had occurred to me to buy some sparks (socks) of neoprene in Decathlon, they sell them in the diving section, and cut them through the ankle area to make the brazalete, but I do not know if it will work.At the moment I will not go to the pool until there was little to meet the 14 days.Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
09/28/2015 11:03 a.m.

rafach said:
Well, it gives me quite accurate values.On Wednesday the sensor expires and I will leave it and take the two to see what happens.My skin is that it must be adherent because I don't wear anything most of the time.And when I wear tegaderm when it comes to taking it away from me, it was still very close and it was only my feeling that was taking off.

That is what I plan to do, have the old man until I read it.Tomorrow night ends, as soon as I have something to tell I will put it here.

What happens to you with good adhesion happened to me until this summer.Since this summer some sensors have taken off

DiabetesForo
09/28/2015 6:53 p.m.

calerun said:
hello everyone, thanks to all of you I have been able to learn from your experiences with free.Last Friday I put my first sensor, I've been very happy for a short time with the information it provides.I usually do a lot of sport and the theme of adhesion has a bit worried.I put it with Skin Tac.On Saturday I made a soft output with the mountain bike and everything perfect.But on Sunday after making the long exit with the road bike, he noticed that the adhesive surrounding the sensor was starting to be lifted in some areas.Since then I have been subject with a hipoallergenic tape return.I also have been spinning to go with him for some time.
Regarding the Neoprene bracelet, it had occurred to me to buy some sparks (socks) of neoprene in Decathlon, they sell them in the diving section, and cut them through the ankle area to make the brazalete, but I do not know if it will work.At the moment I will not go to the pool until there was little to meet the 14 days.Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I had thought about something like that, I also intended to see some parapharmacy.What happens is that I am not much of pool and that is why I have been able to happen this summer without looking for anything.But for next time I have to have something.Tell us to see how you are doing with the invention, I think that if it could be, the main thing is that they adjust well but not as much as when you put or take off your bracelet you take the sensor.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2015 6:56 p.m.

Anyway the edges take off immediately, but the center of the sensor endures much more.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
09/28/2015 8:42 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Any brave who has gotten into the sauna with the sensor ... ??
I have read in a foreign forum that people have used it in Saunas and has not chamuscated, at least that of Dexcom.Someone commented that when leaving the glycemia correctly without indicating arrow but that of a while it worked again.I intended to try the last day of the sensor because I like it a lot but if anyone has experience and can share it with great help ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/28/2015 8:44 p.m.

rafach said:
The edges are taken right away, but the center of the sensor endures much more.

Your comment reassured me a little yesterday, since seeing the edges raised as soon as I thought it would not last for 14 days.
After a while I hit me with a door and almost totally detached me.Uff what anger !!I hit it again but at midnight I stopped working.At the moment I have it well attached and although I am a little pissed off I have thought about leaving it to see how it endures if it mistreats it a bit (pool, sport, ...)
I have also wondered if with the application of the Glimp mobile I could continue measuring.It would be interesting to know if after an accident with the sensor we could use the mobile during the rest of the useful life.I don't know if someone has experience in this regard.I will try to look for someone with a phone that has NFC and see if it lets me try.

Edito: I just came from running and I have been completely detached.When I looked from behind I have seen that the filament was bent and did not pass the skin, so I could not take measurements.
Perhaps if he had not left his site he could have continued.
I hope to have more luck with next.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
09/29/2015 11:04 a.m.

Sorry Calerum, it happened to me twice.Now I have learned to spend a little further from the frames from the doors, not to take my sweaty t -shirts, not to rub my forearm very strong in the showers and to offer the opposite shoulder when a friend will give you a palmadita...It cost me a year and three or four sensors....

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 4:25 p.m.

Ha ha ha.I have been funny about the Palmaditas, today I have gone to work after 3 weeks of vacation and everyone wanted to give me the "palmadita" in the sensor's arm and I put me in a defense-attack position in case the flies!!!
At the moment I am being lucky, I have been in place in place, it is also true that I am taking better care of my car and my girlfriend, to do sports and work I take it protected with the tape, Tegaderm, Tiritas etc ..And at the moment there have been no doors that move only (I cross the fingers) ..

The sauna I understand that no one has tried it.We will have to continue investigating or get the last day of the sensor ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/29/2015 8:21 p.m.

Well, I just finished the period of 14 days of the sensor and I have started the new one.I have spent the mobile through the old man and he has continued reading.Let's see how long it lasts.Wish me luck

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 8:56 p.m.

I am very aware with the theme of the doors and when I take off and I put shirts, instead when I am showering I am with the "frenzy" of spending the sponge with desire on all sides and I have sometimes been about to take meSome patch rubbing.The same when drying with my towel.Fortunately I have come to realize on time

As for the Palmaditas, type "What if, what am I right, that it is very funny what I am telling. Yes, to that yes ...? I always have the bad luck that I have to theAnother person on the side of where I have the sensor and makes me want to shout:

But don't touch, why do you touch?

As Amador says to his neighbor in the series (see photo)

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 9:02 p.m.

Joseludi said:
well, I just finished the period of 14 days of the sensor and I have started the new one.I have spent the mobile through the old man and he has continued reading.Let's see how long it lasts.Wish me luck

Go informing of the days that continues to measure you half correctly with the application.Anyway "Good luck"

: -BD

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/29/2015 9:29 p.m.

Good evening to all and everyone, although it is the first time I write in the forum, I have been following and learning from you for a few years, since I have a son who debuted 5 years ago.
I wanted to comment on the "solutions" we use so that my son does not take off the sensor, the first thing we put is a “corone” that we do with the téada -tongue strips, this is not the technical name, which the fisotherapeutas use.I put a photo.
And the second "Inventillo" is a neoprene bracelet, we bought a neoprene baby suit in Decathlon,
12 or 14 euros, and we cut it to measure and sew Velcro to be able to adjust it well, his arm is not very grade.Tell you that this bracelet we have used throughout the summer when it bathed, and it has bathed a lot both in the pool and in the sea, and we have not had any problem with the sensor.

Again, thank you for your contributions, ideas and knowledge.

All the best

IÑAKI1's profile photo
IÑAKI1
09/29/2015 9:40 p.m.

Hopefully the night will end at least hahaha.

Thank you Iñaki1 for your contribution, I have more and more clear that I have to look for some neoprene and cut it to make me a bracelet.The next time I go to a decathlon I have to look good

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 10:23 p.m.

sigsauer said:
j
The sauna I understand that no one has tried it.We will have to continue investigating or I will get the last day of the sensor ..

Although I have never entered a Suna I have been looking at an English group that there are users of the free on Facebook and there are from those who comment that nothing has happened to them, to some who have taken off (few).It seems that what is used most to protect the sensor is OPSITE.

Even so, to experiment, better wait for the last day just in case

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 10:31 p.m.

Joseludi said:
sigsauer said:
j
The sauna I understand that no one has tried it.We will have to continue investigating or I will get the last day of the sensor ..

Although I have never entered a Suna I have been looking at an English group that there are users of the free on Facebook and there are from those who comment that nothing has happened to them, to some who have taken off (few).It seems that what is used most to protect the sensor is OPSITE.With Tegaderm there is a girl who did not do well

Even so, to experiment, better wait for the last day just in case

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 10:31 p.m.

IÑAKI1 said:
Buenas noches a todas y a todos, aunque es la primera vez que escribo en el foro, os llevo siguiendo y aprendiendo de vosotros desde hace unos cuantos años, ya que tengo un hijo queHe debuted 5 years ago.
I wanted to comment on the "solutions" we use so that my son does not take off the sensor, the first thing we put is a “corone” that we do with the téada -tongue strips, this is not the technical name, which the fisotherapeutas use.I put a photo.
And the second "Inventillo" is a neoprene bracelet, we bought a neoprene baby suit in Decathlon,
12 or 14 euros, and we cut it to measure and sew Velcro to be able to adjust it well, his arm is not very grade.Tell you that this bracelet we have used throughout the summer when it bathed, and it has bathed a lot both in the pool and in the sea, and we have not had any problem with the sensor.

GREETING

Thanks for your contribution Iñaki1, I will try to try it with the next sensor.You could tell me what kind of tape you do the "crown", it seems that it is one piece or you have done it with several pieces

The Neoprene bracelet I see it a very good idea!I had not occurred to use a child's neoprene.
Thank you very much again.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
09/30/2015 12:15 p.m.

calerun said:
Iñaki1 said:
good night to all and everyone, although it is the first time I write in the forum, I have been following and learningOf you for a few years, since I have a son who debuted 5 years ago.

GREETING

Thanks for your contribution Iñaki1, I will try to try it with the next sensor.You could tell me what kind of tape you do the "crown", it seems that it is one piece or you have done it with several pieces

The Neoprene bracelet I see it a very good idea!I had not occurred to use a child's neoprene.

This is the photo of the neoprene.

IÑAKI1's profile photo
IÑAKI1
09/30/2015 3:05 p.m.

calerun said:
Iñaki1 said:
good night to all and everyone, although it is the first time I write in the forum, I have been following and learning fromYou for a few years, since I have a son who debuted 5 years ago.

GREETING

The tape we use is Darco Elastic Tape, the technical name I think is kinesiotaping tape, there are different brands and many colors, there is also meat color.

And the ¨Corona¨ we make it one piece, with a compass and scissors it is relatively easy to make and adjust.

IÑAKI1's profile photo
IÑAKI1
09/30/2015 3:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.