{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

xavi104 said:
good partners...
Yesterday my last sensor expired and with the Glimp application I wasprotection!I am anxious to see if this one that I have put now I can extend it more.
As for the differences with respect to the machine, I think it is because it shows the sample to make a softening of the values ​​with at least one hour samples ... That is why waiting at least 60min for the new sensors.Android's application shows raw values ​​... is my hypothesis...

I will tell you!

That's right, the Abbot reader shows the value generated by calculations (which I have no knowledge of that) that is, it would give you a "prepared" measurement.I don't know how to explain it

The application gives you the "raw" measurement.

I don't know what will be better, I guess Abbot will be better.

Today my sensor has taken a bit off so I have put Tegaderm (I still have 7 days).I hope I get well to try Glimp

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/22/2015 12:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sigsauer said:
my joy in a well, as my glucometer is Abbot's optium xceed I can make my hair glycemia with the same reader of the free thing that is a great advantage I think.Right now one made one with the NFC sensor and gave me 60 stable, I have done another with blood strip in the same reader and oh surprise 111 stable.FIN, I just started so I will have to start interpreting the values ​​although for me the most important thing is the flechite, by the way on the phone it gave me 84 mg (to see if it will be the best ...?).

Joseludi, tell us if the application could stretch the sensor a few more days because if so now it would not have color with the Dexcom I think .. you could do business with me selling some sensor at a "extra" price (it's joke).
By the way, a question, where you throw the sensor and all the devices to place them after using them ...?

Kraken, transfer, when you see it, please let me know ..

All the best

I hope that he endures today when he arrived at my house after having run a little and that is always a sign (at least for me) that he had taken off a little.I have put Tegaderm and I hope you endure

I waste all yellow container that give me in the health center

DiabetesForo
09/22/2015 12:24 a.m.

I think the needle must be cut and throw it into yellow because it is biological residue.The needleless sensor in principle is electronic residue.The truth is another aspect to improve, the amount of waste generated by a sensor to the size of a currency...

DiabetesForo
09/22/2015 9:41 a.m.

Are you then refer to the containers on the street?I was referring to the small container they give you in the health center.The sensors could be considered technological waste, Peeeeeero is that it turns out that it has the filament that you have had under the skin.

Another solution would be to remove filament and everything that has made contact with the skin and throw it into organic waste, and the rest of the sensor to the other container.

DiabetesForo
09/22/2015 10:23 a.m.

With you throw the needle into the yellow container, it is not necessary to cut the needle, or encapsy the syringes ... They throw themselves like this so that you do not punish you manipulating them.Yellow waste containers go directly to the incinerator

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/22/2015 10:23 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Forgive my interference, but I am completely new in this and I am reading you carefully to understand everything.I am thinking of buying the freestyle, but the biggest problem I see is that I exercise a lot of day.SUDO MUCH, and then I do several hours of pool + SPA on Friday afternoon.So it's going to be soak.The tegaderm you mention protect against this, right?And what advice do you give me above all for the question of wetting it?Do you notice a lot?The truth is that my health is not a thing that I like to count around, and carry the device in a pool sure is striking.

Thank you all, really.I feel more accompanied thanks to you;I had never imagined that this was so difficult to carry, you have to live it, really.

Greetings from Barcelona

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/24/2015 4:37 p.m.

joejunior said:
forgive my interference, but I am completely new in this and I am reading carefully to understand everything.I am thinking of buying the freestyle, but the biggest problem I see is that I exercise a lot of day.SUDO MUCH, and then I do several hours of pool + SPA on Friday afternoon.So it's going to be soak.The tegaderm you mention protect against this, right?And what advice do you give me above all for the question of wetting it?Do you notice a lot?The truth is that my health is not a thing that I like to count around, and carry the device in a pool sure is striking.

Thank you all, really.I feel more accompanied thanks to you;I had never imagined that this was so difficult to carry, you have to live it, really.

Greetings from Barcelona

Hello compi !!Here there are people with more experience than me with free, I started on Monday so I've been with him for 4 days thanks to a countryman (Kraken's crack).I have gone to him with him to the gym and also gave me a little repair, the first day with a gauze and tegaderm and the second with a bracelet that I have manufactured with elastic gums that sell in any fabric and arrangements store, the truth is that doing very well -subject sports and in the shower nobody has asked me for it, one day it will be the first

: -L ..
With what I am hallucinated is doing static bicycle and then fitness machines, looking every 10-15 minutes as glucose varied in the smartphone, the security it gives you is the pump .. !!
Freestyle veterans will advise you better ..
By the way, for the moment I have put it on the arm, I have not tried it in the gut, pelvis etc .. that I understand that if you go to the spa and pool it would be much more discreet because I would cover it in a swimsuit ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/24/2015 9:21 p.m.

I carry from the beginning with free and this summer was my first summer with this system.I was looking for neoprene bands for the arm or the way of making them and in the end as I am a "drying animal" I was leaving it by neglect.So I have no experience.As for Tegaderm, I doubt that it will endure many battles with water, they are not very friends.When I used the tegaderm and I have shower, I have seen that he has suffered a little and has lost a "pelin" of adhesion but not much.

In this same thread is our friend Rafach who lived this summer more time within the water hehehe and can leave you better opinions than me.

My advice is that in the first place you register on the freestyle page even if you do not plan to buy it because the waiting list is quite large (you will not be able to ask for it right away) and that you look for some neoprene.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2015 10:51 p.m.

sigsauer said:
joejunior said:
forgive my intrusion, but I am completely new in this and I am reading you carefully to understand everything.I am thinking of buying the freestyle, but the biggest problem I see is that I exercise a lot of day.SUDO MUCH, and then I do several hours of pool + SPA on Friday afternoon.So it's going to be soak.The tegaderm you mention protect against this, right?And what advice do you give me above all for the question of wetting it?Do you notice a lot?The truth is that my health is not a thing that I like to count around, and carry the device in a pool sure is striking.

Greetings from Barcelona

With a bracelet that I have manufactured with elastic rubber

I'm glad you are still happy with the free Sigha, can you tell me how are those elastic gums?Could you put a photo if it is no inconvenience?

DiabetesForo
09/24/2015 10:54 p.m.

Joseludi said:
sigsauer said:
joejunior said:
joejunior said:
forgive my interference, but I am completely new in this andI am reading you carefully to understand everything.I am thinking of buying the freestyle, but the biggest problem I see is that I exercise a lot of day.SUDO MUCH, and then I do several hours of pool + SPA on Friday afternoon.So it's going to be soak.The tegaderm you mention protect against this, right?And what advice do you give me above all for the question of wetting it?Do you notice a lot?The truth is that my health is not a thing that I like to count around, and carry the device in a pool sure is striking.

Greetings from Barcelona

With a bracelet that I have manufactured with elastic rubber

I'm glad you are still happy with the free Sigha, can you tell me how are those elastic gums?Could you put a photo if it is no inconvenience?

Tomorrow I take a couple of photos

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2015 12:44 a.m.

Sigsauer, I'm glad you are taking advantage of, I have been putting on now, I think it is the best I have taken, is nailed and with 3 paddle games per week does not present bad signs.Let's see if it is not a coincidence and finally the batteries have been put...If I am stretching the sensors in principle, they have to be "left over", so when I have my pantry, the next order is for you if you want, but it will depend on them lasting for me every 14 days...Well, for now, take it all the game you can to get all the information you could not before, later to see what happens with Abbot, Dexcom and company.

DiabetesForo
09/25/2015 10:13 a.m.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2015 10:47 a.m.

Forgive the photos, just let up less than 2 MB but to get an idea I think they are worth ..

Thanks Kraken, for the moment I have not played Padel after the unexpected defeat of the last Saturday, ha ha,
You have me informed of the quota surpluses that you have, you have to see if with the application of the mobile you can stretch the sensor a little more although wearing something nailed for so many days I do not know if it will be very good ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2015 10:54 a.m.

What a great invention @sigsauer.Do you know if they sell something like that in Neoprene?

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/25/2015 1:19 p.m.

sigsauer said:

Forgive the photos, just let up less than 2 MB but to get an idea I think they are worth ..

Thanks Kraken, for the moment I have not played Padel after the unexpected defeat of the last Saturday, ha ha,
You have informed me of the quota surpluses you have, you have to see if with the application of the mobile you can stretch a little more the sensor although wearing something nailed for so many days I do not know if it will be very good ..

So sigsaeruer, do you have 2, a white and another black?I guess they do not isolate from water to be cloth or something similar, right?I looked for something similar but neoprene, like Joejunior although I have not done much effort either.

Thank you very much for the photos :-)

DiabetesForo
09/25/2015 2:28 p.m.

joseludi said:
sigsauer said:

So sigsaeruer, do you have 2, a white and another black?I guess they do not isolate from water to be cloth or something similar, right?I looked for something similar but neoprene, like Joejunior although I have not done much effort either.

Well, I don't know if there will be neoprene or similar, I am sure that in Decathlon -type sport stores they have of all sure that you can find something that can be adapted, one day I will look at it ..

They do not isolate from the water but the moment of the sweat of sport and shower I leave it because better or worse they protect the sensor or even to work, then I take it off, dry the sensor well and clean the invention.Man, I understand that the neoprene is more necessary if you are going to swim or spend a lot of soaking in the spa as Joejunior says, for now it works for me but if I find something better of Neoprene I put it here ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2015 6:58 p.m.

sigsauer said:
Joseludi said:
sigsauer said:
sigsauer said:

Well, I don't know if there will be neoprene or similar, I am sure that in Decathlon -type sport stores they have of all sure that you can find something that can be adapted, one day I will look at it ..

They do not isolate from the water but the moment of the sweat of sport and shower I leave it because better or worse they protect the sensor or even to work, then I take it off, dry the sensor well and clean the invention.Man, I understand that the neoprene is more necessary if you are going to swim or spend a lot of soaking in the spa as Joejunior says, for now it works for me but if I find something better of Neoprene I put it here ...

All the best

THANKS SIGSAUER.;-) By the way, you have given me the idea and a well-known diabetic of my people I have told him about free and I am going to ask him to try it.;-)

DiabetesForo
09/25/2015 9:38 p.m.

Thanks for buying this app.Just in case I forget the reader at home, it is worth it.If we can also extend the life of the sensors ...... Well, you see.I just installed it and it has measured me quite well.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
09/26/2015 9:47 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Hello,

Does anyone know why month are accepting requests?I asked for it 4 months ago and I'm still waiting ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/26/2015 10:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

tica said:
hello, Hello,

Does anyone know why month are accepting requests?I asked for it 4 months ago and I'm still waiting ...
Well, for now I do not know how the requests are, I also have 3 or 4 months.The other day the endocrine commented that they are trying to solve the issue by expanding production, in the end I am seeing that they take it to China you will see ..

;)

Joseludi, I am delighted with the test, the truth is that it is worth what I do not know is when the 2nd sensor ends if I can live without it, ha ha ha.I imagine that if I have been all these years I can expect a little more.

There are days that the reader does not carry because what I have always carried is the mobile and having the measurement option with the phone seems to me the milk !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/26/2015 11:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.