{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Put the reader in rice without a case or anything and leave it for a day, then try to see if it works.Having started the sensor with the reader and not starting it with the app during the next hour, you will not be able to use it with anything other than the same reader.Greetings and luck.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/22/2020 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

palomilla said:
I think every sensor should have application and reader.If you lose one of the two, you always have the other.
Always use the reader (I have the app just in case): I find it more comfortable and I do not know if the mobile would have supported the falls that the reader has endured.
The alarms work well, but, @nigiri, eye!Alarms do not sound indefinitely.After x times, if you have not passed the reader, they stop.
Hippo offer you the possibility of reminder at 15 minutes.Those of Hiper notify you and if, for example, you have used insulin to correct, you have to go to "reminder" to program when you want it to sound again.
Both the hiccup and hyper alarm have a defect: they sound, you pass the reader and do not sound again.For example, you have the range set at 75-140.When you pass from 140, it will sound.If you keep up and you have not put the reminder, you don't notify you again.Just as if you get out of 75: it warns you, but if you have not used the 15 -minute reminder or if you have not scheduled a reminder, you can continue to go down and not let you know again.

I just changed to the iPhone and alarms sound low.I don't find out.Someone happens to you?I even restore the mobile and remain the same.

fer123's profile photo
fer123
12/14/2020 4:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nigiri said:
put the reader in rice without cover or anything and leave it for a day, then try to see if it works.Having started the sensor with the reader and not starting it with the app during the next hour, you will not be able to use it with anything other than the same reader.Greetings and luck.

It has been in rice for more than a week, I have put it to load and load, but the screen does not turn on.

Do you have a purchase link?I need the reader, I do not use mobile application.
I can't find on the Abbott website, I would buy it at Abbott or wherever.

Thank you.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
12/15/2020 9:19 a.m.

Antonio334 said:
It has been in rice for more than a week, I have put it to load and load, but the screen does not turn on.

Thank you.

Link

jasom's profile photo
jasom
12/15/2020 10:15 a.m.

jasom said:
Antonio3334 said:

Thank you.

Link

Thanks I have already asked.I would have liked to take 2 but I only left one unit.

antonio3334
12/15/2020 10:42 a.m.

Antonio3334 said:
jasom said:
Antonio3334 said:
Antonio3334 said:
It has been in rice for more than a week, I put itTo load and load, but the screen does not turn on.

Thank you.

Link

Thanks I have already asked.I would have liked to take 2 but I only left one unit.

I am selling another meter, in case you are interested.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/15/2020 9:44 p.m.

jasom said:
Antonio3334 said:

Thank you.

Link

Hello, I am selling a meter.If you are interested, write me a private.

DavidAG2000
12/15/2020 9:44 p.m.

Regarding the connection loss alarm that Nigiri comments above, I do not suffer from them because from the beginning (following the advice of another user -I do not remember if it is from this forum -), I disconnected it.
Contrary to what they said in the video-scorch that Abbott gave before facilitating the artifacts, the system works perfectly despite that disconnection.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
12/20/2020 7:43 p.m.

In my case, my son use Dexcom G5 and G6 for almost 4 years, we did not go well, we could rarely extend it, the first day was a disaster, very different, and on the 8th and 9th times the same.Since the measurements were very different to capillary and we tried different areas, we used with changed battery, that worked well, since its duration was almost double, I am from Argentina, with which it added to be getting who will travel and bring it to me, that I was lucky and they did not retain it in customs, almost a year ago we changed Free 1 with Miao Miao and I am happy to have encouraged me to make the change, my experience is very good, I put it 24 hrs before activating it and the firstDay goes better, and the measurements are almost even with capillary, the reader hardly uses it because it never coincides, nor does it approach with capillary or xDrip.

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
12/21/2020 4:29 a.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

I have managed to reproduce the same failure.Mobile app: your sensor doesn't work.Remove your sensor and start a new one, 19 hours of expi and the glucometer measured until the end without problems.

It is clear that two systems must be used.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2020 7:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't put the sensor until I was financed.I started with the one in full phase development of the software today I think that I have 50 sensors placed some have failed me then flipped by excess of scanning use of the sensor always tell the days that remain and how much I carry in both percent.Allergy none but sometimes you can put it in a venula or capillary vessel then will tend to excel to leave the measurement only if you place it in a capillary glass is completely different from the interstitial.Today I use the mobile device with a configuration similar to the software of the medical device currently in the beta phase ending shell small modifications.My measurement usually takes me between 5 and 12 of difference with capillary.Now, suppose I take 30 really where insulin acts is in the interstitial fluid to help you know how long it takes for a quick insulin to make slow effect how much it goes up if I like a fruit if I drink a juice with two sugar sugars enough for me enough toControl a fat hypoglycemia, and above all I have lost the fear that the fear hypoglycemia had when I used it without alarms I put reminders how good the interstitial measurement has is that you can make a curve every day I with the 2 andMobile telephony I already took about 28 daily scans I take it to 98 99 percent if I spend goodbye sensor.Anyway, I call the house, I study it, they analyze it and I improve my mobile application.I fulfill the law I do not use pirate things the minimum problem informed to the company we are gradually knowing both.For me it is an incredible invention, and my way of seeing the disease has truly changed and being able to anticipate the problems.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 4:04 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Starting that I follow the principle that "how much less chirimbolos you carry, the better", start the Freestyle 2 sensor with the mobile application.
I was surprised that the sensor started with the mobile, reader 2 does not work.I suppose that if you start the sensor with the reader and then escapes with the mobile, the two will work (as with the previous system), but having only alarms the reader, as indicated by the instructions.
Reader 2, for me, is relegated to some hair check.
On the checks of capillary glycemia that rarely use, I indicate that a few days ago they made me a cataract operation, with a result of 127. 10 minutes before, the Free Style had indicated 130.
I am happy with the artifact.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
12/27/2020 7:36 p.m.

Good I am with the new freestyle reader 2 PQ break the other wetting and did not turn on again.I don't remember how it was before, but I think you weren't like that.I explain myself:

It gives me high glycemia alarm .... I analyze I check 140 .... continue to raise glycemia up to 300 and do not tell me anythingaaaaa.But what happens is that it does not continue comparing with the maximum marked value ????

I I think q with the other towards snooze and woke me up several times at night if I went up !!!

This is so or do I have to update the reader or return it?

For the next one, should I use something else that does the High Glycemia snooze?Mobile, mine or what?The more simple the better.

Thank you!!!

antonio3334
01/04/2021 11:43 p.m.

Hello, I already commented on another thread in which the sensor was also talked about, the alarms etc ..
Let's see if someone can help me ☺️
I have been with Apple Watch5 for 1 year to let me know the alarms doing sports and at night.From the beginning I was vibrated and sounded quite high.All with Free Style's app.
However, I have been since October or that the clock only vibrates me or if it sounds it is very low.Impossible to find out at night.
I have not touched anything at any time so that the adjustments have changed ...
I have already looked at the sound of the clock and everything related.

Something similar happens to someone?Or does it occur to him how can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance: Smile:

Lorglez's profile photo
Lorglez
01/20/2021 1:27 p.m.

DT1 desde 1998, con 7 años.
Fiasp y Tresiba
FS Libre 2

palomilla said:
I think every sensor should have application and reader.If you lose one of the two, you always have the other.
Always use the reader (I have the app just in case): I find it more comfortable and I do not know if the mobile would have supported the falls that the reader has endured.
The alarms work well, but, @nigiri, eye!Alarms do not sound indefinitely.After x times, if you have not passed the reader, they stop.
Hippo offer you the possibility of reminder at 15 minutes.Those of Hiper notify you and if, for example, you have used insulin to correct, you have to go to "reminder" to program when you want it to sound again.
Both the hiccup and hyper alarm have a defect: they sound, you pass the reader and do not sound again.For example, you have the range set at 75-140.When you pass from 140, it will sound.If you keep up and you have not put the reminder, you don't notify you again.Just as if you get out of 75: it warns you, but if you have not used the 15 -minute reminder or if you have not scheduled a reminder, you can continue to go down and not let you know again.

palomilla said:

palomilla said:

palomilla said:
Hippo offer you the possibility of reminder toThe 15 minutes.Those of Hiper notify you and if, for example, you have used insulin to correct, you have to go to "reminder" to program when you want it to sound again.

ruthbia said:
It is best that the glucometer if measured,
He gave me 53 (capillary 75).And when he measured that strip he left her without data.

The very hot sensor message has also come out and after a while again.

What does not put the specification is the sensor operating temperature range.14 degrees I do not seem an excessive temperature.If you do sports you don't wear much clothes.

Hello

Does anyone have problems with free 2 who don't last 14 days?

I have a very bad streak in the last three.

The first lasted 10 days the second lasted 10 days and the last one has lasted me 6 days

They always give error 365. Their sensor does not work, remove the sensor and start a new one.Nothing is taken away.

The first two I have called on the phone and they have replaced me with another but the three bad sensors have continued to be followed by each other and now even sticks to call to claim the third.

I always put it on the back of the arm as indicated.I would like to try in other parts of the body to see if someone tells me areas where they have good reading, I am thin and I have no fat, in case it is an important fact.

fer123's profile photo
fer123
03/22/2021 10:37 a.m.

fer123 said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:

palomilla said:

palomilla said:
Those of hipThey offer the possibility of reminder at 15 minutes.Those of Hiper notify you and if, for example, you have used insulin to correct, you have to go to "reminder" to program when you want it to sound again.

ruthbia said:
He gave me 53 (capillary 75).And when he measured that strip he left her without data.

What does not put the specification is the sensor operating temperature range.14 degrees I do not seem an excessive temperature.If you do sports you don't wear much clothes.

Hello

The first lasted 10 days the second lasted 10 days and the last one has lasted me 6 days

They always give error 365. Their sensor does not work, remove the sensor and start a new one.Nothing is taken away.

The first two I have called on the phone and they have replaced me with another but the three bad sensors have continued to be followed by each other and now even sticks to call to claim the third.

I always put it on the back of the arm as indicated.I would like to try in other parts of the body to see if someone tells me areas where they have good reading, I am thin and I have no fat, in case it is an important fact.

These sensors can fail very often, I have also had several fault gusts I don't know how many followed.

On the other hand, if you put it in another part of the body other than the arm, you will lose the guarantee.

All the best.

DavidAG2000
03/22/2021 10:50 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
fer123 said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:
The alarms work well, but, @nigiri, eye!Alarms do not sound indefinitely.After x times, if you have notAfter the reader, they stop.

ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

Hello

These sensors can fail very often, I have also had several fault gusts I don't know how many followed.

On the other hand, if you put it in another part of the body other than the arm, you will lose the guarantee.

Greetings.

And have those of Abbot always replaced you?Even how many times have you called them?

I go for the third and have already replaced me two and it gives me a little shame again to call to tell him that the third has also failed me ...

fer123's profile photo
fer123
03/22/2021 11:10 p.m.

@Fer123, if the third is also failing you, call again that you are not to blame.And investigate the reason why they fail.And change it to you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2021 3:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fer123 said:
davidag2000 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:

palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:

ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

Hello

Greetings.

And have those of Abbot always replaced you?Even how many times have you called them?

I go for the third and have already replaced me two and it gives me a little shame again to tell him that the third has also failed me ...

It is the second that spoils at 10 days.I have not called any time they said that they only changed I don't know how many a year, so they were crowded.

antonio3334
03/23/2021 12:13 p.m.

-

antonio3334
03/23/2021 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.