{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Hallucino with the message! ... On the one hand, because they have it controlled and that is able to detect a problem of readings by the cold, on the other hand ... hallucino that there is this problem !!: Cold_Sweat:

fer's profile photo
fer
11/11/2020 10:11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The best thing is that the glucometer if it measured,
He gave me 53 (capillary 75).And when he measured that strip he left her without data.

The very hot sensor message has also come out and after a while again.

What does not put the specification is the sensor operating temperature range.14 degrees I do not seem an excessive temperature.If you do sports you don't wear much clothes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 10:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi, I'm new in the forum, but I've been reading everything you put.I have been with this story for 48 years, very Arto on many occasions.Three years ago I use insulin pump and freestile sensor.For a few months, social security is given, (Madrid) which despite being so not very exact helps you a lot, to receive them for free we have done a course about their operation, so I want to comment on some detail in case it can help you.
The sensor advises to put it on the arm, but also in the upper area of ​​the buttock.That is a very good place in summer since it is not seen.
The sensor as such is deposited in the container of the batteries.
If you are supported for a while on the area where you have the sensor the reading will give you incorrect since there is less interstitial liquid.
If I remember anything else I will comment.

javielo's profile photo
javielo
11/11/2020 3:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @javielo!
I skipped the course because I used it for more years, it cost me a bit to get them (Madrid too).
In the gluteus it measures well, I have put only 2 in 4.5 years on my arm.In the leg, where the pants pocket also measures well, but you have to be careful with clothes.I almost always carry it in the buttock.
Another trick is to activate it when you have stable glucose during the 60min of calibration, better option sleeping.
If capillary pillas when putting it is great because those are the ones that best measure.Do not be scared by the blood, it is a drop and lasts little.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 8:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Today my first sensor is over.It has worked quite well.Do you have a brand?
Where the needle is stuck, but after a few hours it is almost not notice.Where there is a brand-rose is in the form of the sensor, where the adhesive that sticks stands out.I hope it is not allergy.At the moment I have not had itching.Let's see if it doesn't happen to me as a few years ago.
I put this sensor an hour after having eaten with its corresponding insulin and then I was moving and it has done well.If I put the sensor after putting the slow insulin, is there any problem?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/13/2020 1:38 p.m.

@Anaisabel If you leave marks, to me the needle lasts months.Also the redness of the glue, but cleaning the area well and with a moisturizer goes quickly.

With the slow one nothing happens, they are so flat that the sensor calibrates well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/13/2020 3:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Another question, and if you activate the sensor with the high glucose is calibrates well?
Thanks, @ruthbia

Anaisabel
11/13/2020 4:03 p.m.

I always activate it two hours after having eaten and had fast.That is, I try to be a time when glucose is more or less stable.During that calibration time, I try not to eat anything.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/14/2020 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Anaisabel Yes, nothing happens if during the 60 min not alter abruptly.That is the key to be a bit more precise.
You have to see what threshold is more reliable.
By Elemplo, the one I carry well between 110-190, below 80 almost 40mg deviates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/14/2020 10:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, everyone

A few months ago I am a freestyle user 2, and yesterday it was the first time I had to call the technical service due to problems with the sensor, from the first day I gave me reading errors, and the differences between the capillary and they arrived atBeing 60-100mg less than the capillary, sometimes it sometimes gave glycemia that there was not, agreed to send me a new and that they retired, I do not know if you ever step something the same?

The fact is that yesterday night I put the new one, and now in the morning I looked in a capillary

What do you think?

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo
Gijonessugar1984
11/14/2020 11:03 a.m.

I put it 8 hours before activating it and active just when the previous one ends.They told me in the course that it was good to do so so that when you activated it, the puncture when putting it.

javielo's profile photo
javielo
11/14/2020 10:21 p.m.

Hello, let's see if someone can advise me.Free 2 alarms on my mobile are fatal, every two for three, the signal is lost and I am thinking of buying the reader of the 2, is it worth it?Is it more precise with alarms?Greetings and thanks.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/17/2020 4:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I think every sensor should have application and reader.If you lose one of the two, you always have the other.
Always use the reader (I have the app just in case): I find it more comfortable and I do not know if the mobile would have supported the falls that the reader has endured.
The alarms work well, but, @nigiri, eye!Alarms do not sound indefinitely.After x times, if you have not passed the reader, they stop.
Hippo offer you the possibility of reminder at 15 minutes.Those of Hiper notify you and if, for example, you have used insulin to correct, you have to go to "reminder" to program when you want it to sound again.
Both the hiccup and hyper alarm have a defect: they sound, you pass the reader and do not sound again.For example, you have the range set at 75-140.When you pass from 140, it will sound.If you keep up and you have not put the reminder, you don't notify you again.Just as if you get out of 75: it warns you, but if you have not used the 15 -minute reminder or if you have not scheduled a reminder, you can continue to go down and not let you know again.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
11/17/2020 7:19 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

It is my second sensor, so I have a little experience, but I prefer the reader2 the scan is very comfortable and the alarms are going well.
I have the app too, I find it more comfortable to put data.

Anaisabel
11/17/2020 9:07 p.m.

@nigiri I have no idea, but since my glucometer is old and is at the limit of the 3 years of useful life, I will surely buy it for having two measuring instruments.
I like glucaometness because it is faster reading than the mobile, but it is easier on the mobile to put data on meals, insulins and exercises.I always point out the hair measures I make.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2020 12:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I did not know that the reader at three years was no longer useful: o

Anaisabel
11/18/2020 5:25 p.m.

Hi @Palomilla, I have the application and I have the reader too but it is the old one so it has no alarms, so I want to buy the two.I want the alarms at night simply, I take note of your notes, thank you.
Thanks also @anaisabel and @ruthbia, the truth that I don't put a single note, it would not be more like to do it ... greeting for everyone.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/18/2020 11:34 p.m.

@nigiri, they gave me the reader2 with the first two sensors that provided me.
For alarms at night it is very good, the scan is more comfortable than with the mobile while you are sleepy.He also opts for the alarms in the reader so as not to take my mobile to the bedside table.

Anaisabel
11/19/2020 2:23 p.m.

It is fair for that for what I want, I am normally very stable but there are nights that start to rise to me and that is where I want to tackle the problem.During the day I look at it every two for three so I don't need alarms but at night, unless I get a lot, I don't wake up and I barely detect them too.In my case, when they began to supply the sensors, they had x number of readers and they were given to those who came first because like all of us who went to the course that were already given free users.Reading the sensors, in short, you know how things are.I will definitely buy it, it is not an immense expense and I think it will come very well.Thank you, @anaisabel!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/21/2020 11:47 a.m.

Good I have wet the freestyle2 reader and the sensor I cannot read with him since he does not turn on.What options do you have?Buy another reader?The application of the official mobile nor recognizes the sensor.I have tried the Freestyle1 reader and logically say that the sensor is already in use.

If there is another application and someone wants to send it to me privately.It is the first freestyle2 that I use.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
11/22/2020 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.