{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

When an investment is counted, not only maintenance is counted.Everything must be included, and the initial investment of the Dexcom apparatus is very high, which of course must be prorated in the monthly or annual expenditure of the device, which causes the amount to be raised with respect to the free.And all this without going into which one is better or worse.That is another debate.Here we talk about spending.And denying that Dexcom is more expensive than a free is like saying that it is now night, come on.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/26/2015 10:24 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

hello,
And returning to the issue of free availability, does anyone have news if we are going to have the option to buy it via web?
I am waiting too.

thank you

josebas's profile photo
josebas
01/26/2015 2:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hansolo said:
When an investment is counted, not only maintenance is counted.Everything must be included, and the initial investment of the Dexcom apparatus is very high, which of course must be prorated in the monthly or annual expenditure of the device, which causes the amount to be raised with respect to the free.And all this without going into which one is better or worse.That is another debate.Here we talk about spending.And denying that Dexcom is more expensive than a free is like saying that it is now night, come on.

Of course you have to include everything, and you have to make numbers (I think I already did them at the time and here I put them), but I do them again ... things with the naked eye may seem what it is not.And of course what I put is "theory", because there are many things that can affect, as a technological change that is not in our hands (although with the G4 something they have learned and the new supposedly will use the same sensors, as the Seven PlusI could use those of the G4 perfectly if they wanted).

There are my numbers:

With this, and an average of 2 weeks of sensor (and here comes the nuances, there will be people who last less, but I 95% of the people I know, take 2 to 4 weeks, and quite a lot of 3to 4)

We have to with this investment, we have covered (approx, 1 month = 2 boxes), 21cajas + 1 box = 22 boxes = 44 months.

Assuming 1 year x Transmitter, we will need 2.7 transmitters during these 44 months (Note: 0.7 because it would be 8 months and still had 4 theoretical months of life).

Each transmitter costs 407 euros

Now we add everything and we have
1300+ 3x2200 + 2.7x407 = 8999 euros (Joer, often price, like a car)

8999 /44 months = 204 euros per month.

Now the free, 44 months = 88 sensors, at 60 euros each = 5280 + 60 euros of the receiver = 5340 /44 months = 121 euros

Well, so far of course ... but say that Dexcom, as you have more time, is amortized ...
That is, if you have it for 5 subscriptions = 7x5 = 35 boxes + 1 of the Incial = 72 months.

In 72 months we will need 4 transmitters (+1 incial) = 4x407 = 1628.

In total for 6 years we have that Dexcom will have cost us monthly 1300+ 5x2220 + 4x407 = 14028 euros, that is, per month = 195 euros.

The cost of free in 6 years would be 144 sensors x 60 + 60 of the receiver = 121

And if we already give the example that you take 3 weeks to Dexcom (I insist, many people), then:
3 Subscriptions = 21 + 1 boxes = 22 x 3 months = 64

1300 + 3x2200 + 4.3x407 (4.3 transmitters) = 9710 euros for 64 months = 152 euros per month

Free = 121 euros per month

And we lack the "bad" case of which Dexcom only draws 1 week (the minimum guaranteed)

3 Subscriptions 22 boxes = 22 months
1300 + 3x2200 + 1.9 x 407 = 8673 for 22 months = 394 euros per month

Free = 121 euros per month.

Well, with these numbers (and insist, variable apart, a sensor that lasts less, another that lasts longer, a transmitter that lasts less, another that lasts longer ... variable that in free does not exist, 2 weeks, minimumAnd maximum, ball point) we have those prices ...

If it lasts 2 weeks (they last that minimal), for 44 months .... 204 vs 121 euros
If you last 3 weeks ... 151 euros vs 121 euros
If you last 1 week 394 vs 121.

Now each one that puts himself in the case that touches him with the Dexcom, and these are numbers.And the more you use it, the more you amortized.

In my case seeing this ... 204 vs 121euros ... There is no bargain, moreover, "121" is more "expensive" for me ... for 80 euros a month I don't even think about it, I can't.
And those who take 3 weeks or more to Dexcom, come on, are that they can not even consider, what the "free" dive.

Of course, if you are one of those who gets 1 week ... Well, you are annoyed and free wins by win.Everyone will know what he takes.

And said that, that the dexcom is more expensive is clear, or in other words, the free is cheaper, than not economical, but that says nothing, because the cheaper are even the glucose strips, that those almost cost us0.

I'm going to advertise a car brand
Link "Style =" max-width: 300px;

The Toyota of 14990 euros is cheaper than that of the campaign than +1 euro, and brings 4000 in equipment.If you are looking for the cheap, it is clear that it is not worth paying that euro.But among us, we know that the most "expensive", that is, 1 euro more, is much more "economic."

Ok, it's an exaggerated example, almost manipulative ...

A 108 Nokia that cost 25 euros ... or a "Chinese" smartphone of 50 euros ... the Nokia is cheap, but expensive expensive expensive ...

Gasoline car vs Diesel car ...
You buy a gasoline car for 10,000 or a diesel for 12000 ... because the cheapest is gasoline, falls from drawer.And if you only use it to go for bread, small exits, close destinations ... you may compensate.
As soon as you get kilometers, the "expensive" will be more profitable.

And in this diabetes ... friends, I think we are all truckers :)

In summary, free is very good and cheaper, that's undeniable, as cheaper are the strips.
But if we look for money-price, or price-pretations, or .... I think the free is totally offended (except for particular cases, voucher) of the Dexcom or the Navigator 2 Abbot (which for what I have read the costs inUK are very similar to Dexcom).

I honestly, it seems expensive for what it offers, and in my case that amortized the hardware to infinity, it not only seems more expensive, it is that it is.

I am very clear, the fate of the free is to be free and substitute for the strips ... nothing more.

But what is said is my experience, very personal, and respecting everyone's needs, which I insist, there will be people who find it ideal ... but I would also like the doctors themselves to "offer" real and automatic continuous medication... And the free ... the problem is that they only speak (charge) of the free, if the 2 options, costs, etc ... few would buy the "gasoline" knowing the kilometers they are going to do....

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/26/2015 3:09 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:
for my family the dexcom has been so valuable as for me, they no longer care as before, now the subject is when they listen to the beep they stay looking at me as saying, whatAre you waiting?ha ha ha.

I fully identify myself! My character changed since I use the Dexcom ... but my wife's too (and much).And the beep ... the same ... "Dad, he is whistling you," the crio tells me :).I have to admit that my wife is a saint ... at night when I do not wake up with the dexcom ... it is she who warns me (and wakes up :(). Anyway, a change of total life.

As a good endocrine says ... "the greatest advance in diabetes, since insulin"

Greetings

pabloj2000
01/26/2015 3:38 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, I improve the account, the receiver is 371 with VAT included, and with the subscription anuan the box leaves € € je je !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 6:18 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

We do not stop valuing prices ....... The question is not to compare, it is to value whether the free results and if it helps in its day to the diabetics people, the two devices are fine, each knows how theEconomy of your home and knows what can be spent, from my point of view as the son of a diabetics that suffered very serious hypoglycemia to the point of needing 4 glaucason injections and not waking up for me free is imported, thanks to the freeMy mother did not fall back and to identify a hypoglycemia in time when in free brand 50 knows that she has to eat and already is, for me that of Dexcom as free is a more necessary utensil as eating, which gives somefailed??'Of course, as the Dexcom, nothing is 100% safe, but they fulfill the same functions, 2 mobile phones one of high -end and one of the low range, but they are two identical terminals that are used the large part to receive and make calls,Therefore, for me, the free measurement of self -service measuring meets, this is going to go to a gasoline: free meter is the same as self -service (you have to be looking at the glucose yourself) the dexcom is like a gas station that you arriveAnd the person comes out to put the fuel and you care to stain you .... DIFFERENCE ???None both options are valid.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2015 6:52 p.m.

I don't know when this thread has become a free battle vs. to see which one is better.I have tired to read how people are doing free and find someone every few comments saying that Dexcom is much better than Blablabla.We already know the other option, thanks, it is not necessary to enter here every day to remember when it does not come to mind.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
01/26/2015 8 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

laire said:
I don't know when this thread has become a free battle vs. free to see which one is better.I have tired to read how people are doing free and find someone every few comments saying that Dexcom is much better than Blablabla.We already know the other option, thanks, it is not necessary to enter here every day to remember when it does not come to mind.

Yes what a tire, yes

DiabetesForo
01/26/2015 8:45 p.m.

chema said:
hello to all@s!
How about the experience with Abbott's customer service service?Yesterday morning I put on the sensor and in the afternoon began to give problems: "Please check its glucose in 10 min.", After this he stopped working and tells me that the sensor is exhausted and that it changes it for another new.
Today I am going to call Abbot, someone from you have changed it to you for a new one?All I have is the invoice that they sent me by order of the order, since the box threw it.
Thank you.

gala said:
The same thing happened to me the 2nd day, I called them and they told me to wait 2 hours and if I did not return it took it to me, that they would already get in touch with me and until today, this has been at the beginning of November .....

I have not had any problem with any sensor, I just put the seventh and fine fine.On some very punctual occasion the same message has come out, but within a few minutes I have been able to read the sensor without problems.

I talked to the Abbott service to send me a sensor replacement (you would surely have to return the erroneous as proof. If they did not pay much attention to you (I do not know if you are still the same and you have removed the sensor and you have not had againnews of them), I would go directly to OMIC and make a claim.

I think I read that they have done so in a diabetic forum in England

I think the technical service is exceeded and Abbot has not hired more people, but they would be worth not to give a bad image

DiabetesForo
01/26/2015 9:28 p.m.

The sensor was in November and I call them and nothing

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 9:46 p.m.

gala said:
the sensor was in November and I call them and nothing
>
Do not you answer or tell you that they are in it?I would go directly to OMIC and send them the complaint to your email.How you get crossed with arms is when you are not going to get anything

DiabetesForo
01/26/2015 10:23 p.m.

That are the it, which will already contact me.
I continue with my dexcom ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 10:35 p.m.

gala said:
that are the it, which will already contact me.
I continue with my dexcom ...

Well nothing, what comes better to you.His thing is that there were many more options, so we won

DiabetesForo
01/26/2015 10:57 p.m.

Well yes, like glucometers, there are at least 100 models.
I continue with the Dexcom because I have hardly proved free, I have died of laughter, and the alarm theme for me is important because I have had a couple of fat scares at night and gives me a lot of peace of mind andDuring the day, the truth is that I forget the sugar if I pada something whips.
Let's see if they tell me something and I can tell you how it goes to me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 11:10 p.m.

Joseludi you are right in what you say, may seem heavy (Abbott's marketing, for me it is also, and almost offensive, as well as that article that I have put from the "dogs" detectors of hypoglycemia).For my part I will not make comments about it because it does not lead anywhere (more than wasting time, I all suppose), it was my opinion of course, I "do not let me get" marketing and honestly hurts me to see whatA doctor speaks to me of this (for interest, I love you Andrés).The more options and important, the more affordable, the better.But above all, that they all know each other, and what each one offers and does not offer.For me (I insist for me) the continuous measurement -automatic and warned -it is the closest to "normal life", but it may not agree.

greetings

pabloj2000
01/26/2015 11:15 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

chema said:
hello to all@s!
How about the experience with Abbott's customer service service?Yesterday morning I put on the sensor and in the afternoon began to give problems: "Please check its glucose in 10 min.", After this he stopped working and tells me that the sensor is exhausted and that it changes it for another new.
Today I am going to call Abbot, someone from you have changed it to you for a new one?All I have is the invoice that they sent me by order of the order, since the box threw it.
Thank you.

Well, I already have an answer from Abbott.Substitution sensor sent.I already have the confirmation and mail that will be replaced by a new one.
For now very happy with Abbott.
= D & GT;

chema's profile photo
chema
01/27/2015 8:31 p.m.

Equal.I had a problem when starting a new sensor and Abbott has sent me another.As for precision I have observed that after showers or sports, I suppose because it gets wet, it can have incorrect measures.Even operating failures.From the protecting with a water resistant film it does not happen to me.

Greetings

xavi104's profile photo
xavi104
02/04/2015 12:10 a.m.

Today I have performed the analysis of my 10 sensors with the free and I have taken the balance of what was experienced so far (which has been a lot).As it is a lot to tell, I have no choice but to put the blog link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/06/2015 11:48 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

As in the previous ones, I comment that the last two sensors are going much better, with variation of not reaches 30 at most.The last best, there is usually no difference of more than 15 or 20, for me a luxury compared to the previous ones!

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
02/16/2015 4:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

But those who say that they are better, also happens to you with the descents?

Because to me, even with the most good and stable sensors, accuracy disappeared as soon as it reached 80-90, then the freestyle always marked me sugar (60).(In the bad guys I marked being 120)

Come on to detect true hypos, freestyle is a total failure, I don't know if it is by prevention or why reason.But I, basically because of that problem and also because it is a bit annoying to carry a patch always stuck, I have stopped using it.

Sincerely, what seems fundamental to me is that it is necessary when you are in that range in which it always fails, to know if I have hypo or not.If I am high, knowing if I am 220 or 190 I am not interested just at all.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/16/2015 5:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.