{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

But if you have to be checking and they don't give you security .. it's not what they promise.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/22/2015 11:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have not tried the free or think it see what has seen.More expensive and infinitely worse than the Dexcom.
In addition, I have not read anyone telling the DEXCOM if you get a defective sensor, they send you a new one in two working days ... We the last box of four sensors have all returned us since they gave defective measurements (they check it with thecalibrations) So I've been with four sensors for two months and I still have two left unopened ...
If the Dexcom is better in everything and we also add customer service .... White and in bottle ...

renoca's profile photo
renoca
01/23/2015 12:42 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Renoca is no more expensive than the Dexcom.The accounts are very simple.Free is much cheaper.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/23/2015 3:03 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello ... I have talked about the "benefits" for me, of course, of the Dexcom, and the shortcomings (regardless of reliability, which seems like what is read, it is not "much"))of free.
Despite all this, the "free" will eat it with potatoes in the SS arrived at the time, and the header-endocrine doctor tries to "vent".Nothing new.And let's not confuse cheap with economical ... because the free can be cheap, but they have nothing economically (it is more "economical" the Dexcom, at least for me)

That said, and each one will be a world, to me the Dexcom (and I still continue with the "old" they took about 7-8 years), it gives me an excellent result, reliability in the measurements.And I think this feeling is more than common to any Dexcom user ... moving from Dexcom to free, I think that very few will do it, because it is a "batacazo" ... from free to Dexcom is very easy (it is more than more thaneverything) and it is the natural step.

The customer service that I have tried from ABBOTT (not for free, but for a meter of ketone bodies) a few weeks ago is painful, 0, res of beef ... I do not know how many days without being able to contact or answer forThey changed a meter.Cheap.But this can change (I should) I already complained.

Each one who makes their numbers, but free, insist again, for me, is very expensive ... a scam ... at cost 0, give away ... Well, now pay 240 euros for 4 sensors (and notI let me know of a hip, or hyper) ... If you make a subscription, they are 70 euros less than those of the dexcom (in my case they last 2 weeks minimum, right now that I have -toco wood, goes for the 18 daysAnd like a clock) ...

However, despite the prices we have here (very expensive, as throughout Europe) of the distributor we have I can complain about that, what it costs (although lately I do not use it, if I was several years client), but I must say what an answerFast to any questions and problem, fast shipping of the products, a direct phone that they answer, as Renoca comments, in these 7 years that I carry 2 sensors failed me, one before it was sold here (they changed it to me in the USA without problems)And another that failed me here and also responded.Come on, there is no color (but since everything is not beautiful, and as criticism of me I would like an aggressive campaign like free, "buy" doctors, envelopes, iPhones and others ... to recommend it ... and let it arriveTo the SS, it sounds bad, but it works like this.).

Aandres ... I have the alarm in 100 (and I do not understand why you can't put more, but good) and of course when an hypo caught me, it is because I went to listen to the beeps (which also happens ... thisthat you are entertaining doing something and even bothers you that it whistles).Of course, when the sensor's end is approaching I already notice it perfectly (continuous saw teeth ...), but that gives the experience and know the product, the rookie if he insists at the end of his life will take disgust (there areto recognize it and voila).

I cannot live without the Dexcom ... I do not need new insulins, new treatments or fantastic diets ... I just need a Dexcom and what we have, I already signed until the end of the days (that the SS clearly paid me and notI had to mortgage me).

It seems great to me that I am there, it does not seem great that my doctor recommends it to me (rather it seems shameful), it would not seem good to me that the SS gave it (I need a dexcom, not a free), butThe truth, as long as I can, not disregarding continuous measurement (alarms) or joke.The freedom that gives that, does not give it the "free" (I don't know what that name comes at :)).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/23/2015 3:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

hansolo said:
renoca, is no more expensive than the dexcom.The accounts are very simple.Free is much cheaper.

No, it is not much cheaper and, yes, free is infinitely worse.
The Dexcom is more expensive only the initial kit, okay (although it is worth it and give you payment facilities without surcharge).With regard to the sensors to me, I get the annual subscription to 75 euros (VAT included) each.

The half-life of each sensor is 15 days, but we never downloaded 20-25.
If a sensor does not work correctly the first week (+35% of the measurements), we send the data to the central and replace it for free in two working days.
With the Nightscout, while the child is at school, on a birthday, with his grandparents .... We see wherever we are the levels of glucose in real time.

Taking into account all the factors .... Simply, for me, there is no debate.

Understand me, respect your opinion and everyone's, but try to sell the motorcycle with which the free is an advance ... It is the technology of the past and totally obsolete, yes, their commercials bribe very well to social security doctors who, unfortunately, when they see Dexcom stay speechless ... That is the true penalty.

Now the endocrine that has the case of my son passes directly to us the phones of the parents of children who debut to be told about the Dexcom since there has been no choice but to accept that it is the closest thing we have in theNews to the cure of diabetes (saving the huge distances, of course).

I am not a dexcom commercial, I am simply grateful since, thanks to this apparatus, my son has a glycosilada of 5.7 (without hypoglycemia) and his life is the closest thing to that of any other child at all times.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
01/23/2015 5:48 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

renoca said:
hansolo said:
renoca, is no more expensive than the dexcom.The accounts are very simple.Free is much cheaper.

No, it is not much cheaper and, yes, free is infinitely worse.
The Dexcom is more expensive only the initial kit, okay (although it is worth it and give you payment facilities without surcharge).With regard to the sensors to me, I get the annual subscription to 75 euros (VAT included) each.

The half-life of each sensor is 15 days, but we never downloaded 20-25.
If a sensor does not work correctly the first week (+35% of the measurements), we send the data to the central and replace it for free in two working days.
With the Nightscout, while the child is at school, on a birthday, with his grandparents .... We see wherever we are the levels of glucose in real time.

Taking into account all the factors .... Simply, for me, there is no debate.

Understand me, respect your opinion and everyone's, but try to sell the motorcycle with which the free is an advance ... It is the technology of the past and totally obsolete, yes, their commercials bribe very well to social security doctors who, unfortunately, when they see Dexcom stay speechless ... That is the true penalty.

Now the endocrine that has the case of my son passes directly to us the phones of the parents of children who debut to be told about the Dexcom since there has been no choice but to accept that it is the closest thing we have in theNews to the cure of diabetes (saving the huge distances, of course).

I am not a dexcom commercial, I am simply greatly grateful since, thanks to this apparatus, my son has a glycosilada of 5.7 (without hypoglycemia) and his life is the closest thing to that of any other child at all times.

How can Nightscout get?

Thank you

asanz's profile photo
asanz
01/23/2015 6:34 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

Pabloj2000 said:
Hello ... I have spoken for a long time of the "benefits" for me, of course, of the dexcom, and of the deficiencies (regardless of reliability, which seems aboveFrom what is read, it is not "much") of the free.
Despite all this, the "free" will eat it with potatoes in the SS arrived at the time, and the header-endocrine doctor tries to "vent".Nothing new.And let's not confuse cheap with economical ... because the free can be cheap, but they have nothing economically (it is more "economical" the Dexcom, at least for me)

That said, and each one will be a world, to me the Dexcom (and I still continue with the "old" they took about 7-8 years), it gives me an excellent result, reliability in the measurements.And I think this feeling is more than common to any Dexcom user ... moving from Dexcom to free, I think that very few will do it, because it is a "batacazo" ... from free to Dexcom is very easy (it is more than more thaneverything) and it is the natural step.

The customer service that I have tried from ABBOTT (not for free, but for a meter of ketone bodies) a few weeks ago is painful, 0, res of beef ... I do not know how many days without being able to contact or answer forThey changed a meter.Cheap.But this can change (I should) I already complained.

Each one who makes their numbers, but free, insist again, for me, is very expensive ... a scam ... at cost 0, give away ... Well, now pay 240 euros for 4 sensors (and notI let me know of a hip, or hyper) ... If you make a subscription, they are 70 euros less than those of the dexcom (in my case they last 2 weeks minimum, right now that I have -toco wood, goes for the 18 daysAnd like a clock) ...

However, despite the prices we have here (very expensive, as throughout Europe) of the distributor we have I can complain about that, what it costs (although lately I do not use it, if I was several years client), but I must say what an answerFast to any questions and problem, fast shipping of the products, a direct phone that they answer, as Renoca comments, in these 7 years that I carry 2 sensors failed me, one before it was sold here (they changed it to me in the USA without problems)And another that failed me here and also responded.Come on, there is no color (but since everything is not beautiful, and as criticism of me I would like an aggressive campaign like free, "buy" doctors, envelopes, iPhones and others ... to recommend it ... and let it arriveTo the SS, it sounds bad, but it works like this.).

Aandres ... I have the alarm in 100 (and I do not understand why you can't put more, but good) and of course when an hypo caught me, it is because I went to listen to the beeps (which also happens ... thisthat you are entertaining doing something and even bothers you that it whistles).Of course, when the sensor's end is approaching I already notice it perfectly (continuous saw teeth ...), but that gives the experience and know the product, the rookie if he insists at the end of his life will take disgust (there areto recognize it and voila).

I cannot live without the Dexcom ... I do not need new insulins, new treatments or fantastic diets ... I just need a Dexcom and what we have, I already signed until the end of the days (that the SS clearly paid me and notI had to mortgage me).

It seems great to me that I am there, it does not seem great that my doctor recommends it to me (rather it seems shameful), it would not seem good to me that the SS gave it (I need a dexcom, not a free), butThe truth, as long as I can, not disregarding continuous measurement (alarms) or joke.The freedom that gives that, does not give it the "free" (I don't know what that name comes at :)).

Greetings

Without encouraging to argue or create a Dexcom-Libre war, but I think you forget all the huge initial investment to be done when you buy the Dexcom.AreComparing prices and duration of sensors, but what about the emitter?And the unit where the data is read?

Anyone cannot afford that initial disbursement.With free are only 60 euros from the reader, if you go wrong, you will only have lost 60 euros.If you go wrong with the Dexcom ... calculate.Also if I do well with the free (as is my case) and tomorrow something better comes out, it changed me without hesitation and without an initially spent money.

It is clear that the free one was not going to be good for you like many others, but in my case that I have no problem of inadvertent hypos, I have plenty all the things that Dexcom takes, but I do not have precisely money to embark on theAdventure of spending everything that costs the initial kit.And if then they change it to the 4 days ...

All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2015 9:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Joseludi, you are right in what you say, the initial disbursement (and then the transmitter every time), that has already been spoken.Perhaps the ideal is that each test (if there are test units) the DEXCOM, because if the sensor lasts 1 week, it is a lot of money ... now if they last 3-4 weeks like many people (at my 2 andIn the best of cases 3 scarce) not only do the sensors get better, but more economically (and you can amortize the initial disbursement), in short, you can "trace".

Of course, one of the Dexcom's problems is the "technology changes" (if they were quiet!That in 2 years they tell you that there are no longer transmitters for example, as happened with the Seven Plus).

Free is a European product (from an American laboratory, it is curious, and that there is not, or I doubt that it will be ... normal, it does not paint anything, to see who is the handsome who asks his insurer to a "free" and being able toAsk for a Dexcom), with too many shortcomings for the price it has, but of course, if there are people who may be without them as it is, it can come well for you, but it is not a "complete" product.

Continuous medication is the future, and free is not continuous measurement, no matter how much you wantThey can offer (ABBOTT itself with Navigator II by ex).

For me, Abbott is selling us a Nokia 1100 of 2003, and above expensive.Hey, that is going very well, and to receive calls and make them great, and if you need, perfect, so that you are going to pay more ... but we are in times of iPhones and Galaxys S5 that "make everything", and they are not much more expensive.

By the way, you talk about unnoticed hypos ... I find out perfectly about my frequent hypos, but the problem is that I do not want to have them, because every time I have them, it is as if they gave me a beating and I ended up shattered (I do not know you), when I have it at 60 and even 70 I find out perfectly, and at night, jump from bed.But it is what I want to avoid and with the Dexcom, I find out when I see 100 and an arrow.It is the difference, to stick to eat at dawn, sugar, sweet, soft drinks, anxious, nervous, with eyes like dishes and dilated pupils, eating cookies like Triski (yes, the cookie monster that did not swallow anything but destroyed them all) .... to get up calmly, a fruit, a cookie, a sorbit of soda and continue sleeping.The difference is a lot, at least for me, and if it is at night, I win the next day in my life ... and if it is for the day, I win a few hours of normal life.Time is the only thing that cannot be purchased.
There is talk of that "inadvertent hypos" as an advantage ... of course, but you should talk about hypos ... what you have to avoid (for doctors a hiccThey suffer ... For me it is torture, anxiety, nervousness, sweat, tension ... a bad drink of noses, and if you are working by doing certain operations that you should not stop, a lion of noses)

Let's see "the much more expensive" is relative, everyone knows their life and possibilities, of course (I am from the curls), but in my case, it is worth the difference, and I think that the one who tries both, candecide to keep the Abbott for economic issue, but nothing more ... and I still think (although there are cases that do not think so) that the equal price of cost-maintenance, the ABBOTT does not put on anyone even if a doctor goes andHe recommends it -for the way, that doctor will surely be given that iPhone before for free x that you recommend, which makes clear the product difference.I need to have freedom and that the meter guides me ... I regret andNot having bought it before what I did (in the USA), since I lost 1 year of my life due to ignorance.
If I have to pay for free what they ask ... Well, I think about it and I still pierce my fingers every hour (I will have them the same and nobody will warn me).And beware that paying the Dexcom hurts and it costs me a lot ... but it is what there is.

Abbott has to make the leap to continuous measurement that he already has (and has not evolved) that also has good reviews, because taking out a product like free in these times (despite the marketing campaign he has applied, beastial), isA bad bet and is condemned to disappear, or to "pay" it in the SS at very cheap cost (which is an advance, and it is the next step, always behind the real possibilities, of course), but pay for that technology...
Dexcom has to lower prices, but Abbott too, although I think his bet goes for the SS, not to compete with anyone (he has no rival).Or to take the Navigator 3, at the same price as free, and then the thing would change (it would be a real option, and for me, to dexcom that give it a lot ... thanks to them I am not paying a car or aMoto that I like, that is, that they are happy either).

GREETINGS

pabloj2000
01/24/2015 1:36 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo What does the Navigator 3 do?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2015 3:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Joer Pablo that of course you have explained it, but you have explained it many times and there are people who only have eyes for the Free, that meter that has given as "the end of the punctures in the fingers" and there are people who click morethan before for distrust.
After 30 years of diabetic, for almost three, I have not suffered a hypoglycemia with the amount of sport I did and that did not do before.
But I think that for 30 years of diabetic the only real advance has been the Dexcom and that it had to have left 20 years ago.Because we are going the progress that the feathers have been noses, in 30 years they are not able to invent a smaller and more insulin pen.
Anyway for tastes colors.As long as there is this market economy, advances will be minimal and with drops.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/24/2015 5:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

3 years without a hypo?Uf seems to me something utopian, when I have been able to have 1 hip every 3 days on some occasions.I am one of those who use the traditional strips and I was considering the free, but when I decided to buy it I had already been exhausted and they told me that for the first quarter of the year they would have, but after reading so many comments, and living in myMeat the lousy customer service, I think I am not going to buy it and I will have to start saving for the Dexcom.

I have been very funny for Pablo's writing with the nocturnal hypo, I think that many identify with you with that moment Triskis hehe at 3 a.m.That you attack all kitchen cabinets hehe, and later fatigue.AISHH

valky's profile photo
valky
01/25/2015 12:53 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

You are comparing two machines that have nothing to do.My mother has given a very great change of life, absolute traquility and freedom for me and for her.Now if he wants to go for a walk he takes his free and looks at him every half hour, he controls his glucose, when he has it in 60 in the free one takes a caramel or a sugar envelope and already this, in the dinners if the19y30 sees that its glucose is in 130 is raised and down until its glucose is between 80/100, the difference in blood glucose is 15 or 20, except for some error that can be 40 but for that they areThe strips, so that you look and controls, my mother is only guided by the free, at breakfast, dinner food ....... if you feel like taking a coffee with milk or eating something looks at it in free and ifIt is high as in 130 because something is done to get it down and then take your fruit or your coffee ....... nobody said that the future is the future or that with free you no longer have toLooking at the hair glucose, but that gives a very big freedom if, freedom to live calm, the free is not the future, of course, but thanks to the free you can look at your glucose constantly, and when you see that something is wrong because aCapillary test, my mother can say that only a half capillary is made in 14 days of one a day at random to verify that everything fences well and I can assure that everything is correct, except for the margin of 15/20 ..

DiabetesForo
01/25/2015 11:55 a.m.

Salvador, what you say seems totally true ... As I said ... there are people who with a nokia 1100 of 12 years ago do very well (my parents for eg, they also have pre-marrtphones phones, and they would do the same withAn iPhone, 2 calls a week, and surely more complicated).That is an improvement, I have no doubt, but advance, it is not ... when we have already had products for many years, with really good benefits.If the "free" gives freedom ... I assure you that a Dexcom or an Abbot Navigator 2 gives you much more.The difference between "having to look at her" and "that he warns you" is a lot.

But I insist, as you say, they are machines that have nothing to do ... free is the substitute for the strips and a little more.Nothing else.A improvement and good (when it is free, paying what it costs ... for me it is expensive).But no advance.

Greetings

pabloj2000
01/25/2015 12:47 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

regina said:
Pablo What does the Navigator 3 do?

Hi Regina ... The Navigator 3 is a "assumption" of mine, it is what we expect from Abbott.They already have the Navigator 2 which is a good product, and it works very well (it has improvable things, but the operation for what I have read of people with Dexcom that has tried it, is good, and even better than the Dexcom, takes measures eachminute for example). Link
That is the way to follow by Abbott in my view.Embark on the "free" with the technology they have, it doesn't make it more sense than a public contract, not an "interesting" product (I insist, paying)

Greetings

pabloj2000
01/25/2015 12:50 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

My endo has recommended it to me and says to read the opinions in the forums .. It is really curious what Gala says or there are very few users of Dexcom and free or we only write them.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/25/2015 1:09 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Pabloj2000 said:
If the "free" gives freedom ... I assure you that a dexcom or an abbot navigator 2 gives you much more.The difference between "having to look at her" and "that he warns you" is a lot.

The difference between having to look at it and let you know is a lot of depending on the cases, I personally do not suppose anything, nothing, any discomfort of getting the reader out of pocket and looking at me.That simple gesture would mean a lot of disbursement euros initially and in each sensor.In addition to the cost of buying the issuer (which is not cheap) every x months.And everything so that the four days take something else and have to "eat" the Dexcom with potatoes

In your case and in that of many others, I do not doubt it, I would go to the Dexcom because the free would not give me almost any advantages.

I do not know why you think it is not a great advance, it is a very large qualitative leap between the strips and the patch and for a price that although it is not cheap, to me and many others compensates us.To me doing sport, it gives me a lot of security.
And the great "advance" between Dexcom and free does not compensate for the "huge" cost differential.

And I do not want to get into a silly warfare against pro-dexcom, which seems to pay us :-)

DiabetesForo
01/25/2015 1:10 p.m.

With all the recommended endo the same we will be trending topic.The next one to give his opinion is going to be little Nicolás.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/25/2015 1:13 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

For my family, Dexcom has been so valuable as for me, they no longer care as before, now the subject is when they listen to the beep they stay looking at me as saying, what are you waiting for?ha ha ha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/25/2015 2:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello everyone!
How about the experience with Abbott's customer service service?Yesterday morning I put on the sensor and in the afternoon began to give problems: "Please check its glucose in 10 min.", After this he stopped working and tells me that the sensor is exhausted and that it changes it for another new.
Today I am going to call Abbot, someone from you have changed it to you for a new one?All I have is the invoice that they sent me by order of the order, since the box threw it.
Thank you.

chema's profile photo
chema
01/26/2015 6:53 a.m.

The same thing happened to me on the 2nd day, I called them and they told me to wait 2 hours and if I did not return it, that they would already contact me and until today, this has been in early November .....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2015 8:53 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.