{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

What experience do you still have those who have been with freestyle for some time?
I do not decide to buy it with such difference in opiinions.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/13/2015 11:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
What experience do you still have those who have been with the freestyle for some time?.
I do not decide to buy it with such difference in opiinions.

I, to get even more, I can tell you that I go for the sixth sensor and I just asked for a couple more.All the sensors have done well, some somewhat better than others, but none has given me exorbitant differences of those of saying that I cannot trust free.The best sensors for me have been the first and the latter.

If you decide for what we think, you will not be able to decide anything.I would buy the starting pack and as you see or not buy anymore.In this free, each is a world.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/13/2015 11:41 p.m.

How good @joseludi!At least one works !!!;)

With the sixth sensor I am since Thursday.Twice has given me well, the rest at least 20 or 30 of difference (on approx. 70 in capillary).The previous one was a total disaster.

@meginer, I agree with @joseludi.Let's see if you are going well for you too and do not try it for which we are doing badly.Look to see if you can give you one in the hospital so as not to pay it at the beginning.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
01/14/2015 12:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Has anyone tried to take a warm bath while wearing the sensor?I am afraid that I take off with the steam or spoil when I have a lot of time in hot water.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
01/18/2015 4:11 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

We last month we went to a spa. It emerged to the little days of changing the sensor. I thought I was going to take them out but it was an opportunity that could not miss.More than an hour of immersion and in warm warm water and endured ... and two days in a row !!Put a Tegaderm type dressing.
And regarding the accuracy of the sensors I remain confusing ... some go very well, others fatal.And it is curious that after days they are calibrating .... I keep testing.

beti's profile photo
beti
01/18/2015 7:46 p.m.

There are some sensors that between 110 and 350 nail it, but it is to reach 80-90 and there that the freestyle always puts itself well below.

Not even in the good sensors the descents goals.You have to wait for Low to put.And yet ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/19/2015 12:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

A mystery of the sensors, but either fix it or try Dexcom even more expensive.Fortunately the act to good .... but it does not guarantee.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/19/2015 8:52 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Has anyone contacted Abbott to comment on the sensors?I do not understand the differences so abysmal that these sensors are giving us, in periods of glycemic stability 40 of difference with the capillary and even 100 !!!

beti's profile photo
beti
01/19/2015 10:58 p.m.

Well, I just read that the Dexcom has the same problem with the notices for declines that are not.In the comments of the news in English about the tattoo that I have put before, there are people who say that the Dexcom often whips for hiccum when when you puncture on the finger it is at 90-100, they recalibrate it but soon it does again.same.

I thought it was due to excessive zeal of freestyle because it could not be calibrated.But the Dexcom also happens to the same ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/20/2015 2:25 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have carried the Dexcom for about 6 months and the truth is that in general weird is the time it is not very close to or like the capillary.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
01/20/2015 11:54 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
Well I just read that the Dexcom has the same problem with the notices for drops that are not.In the comments of the news in English about the tattoo that I have put before, there are people who say that the Dexcom often whips for hiccum when when you puncture on the finger it is at 90-100, they recalibrate it but soon it does again.same.

I thought it was due to excessive zeal of freestyle because it could not be calibrated.But the Dexcom also happens to the same ...

Let's see ... the Dexcom default warning is 80, which I imagine is the one that we have 90% of users.If you are in 90-100 and the Dexcom brand 80 does not seem to be an excessive deviation.
What is true is that, at night, if you are in those values ​​better take something because every time it rises from 80 and then lower, notice to the song and there is no one who reconciles the dream!

From what you are counting on the reliability of the free, the Dexcom is in that aspect to light years of free.And if you also add the rest of the advantages (continuous monitoring, alarms, recent developments of accuracy and mobile reception, share data ...) then white and in bottle.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/20/2015 12:04 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

aaandres said:
sherpa41 said:

From what you are counting on the reliability of the free, the Dexcom is in that aspect to light years of free.And if you also add the rest of the advantages (continuous monitoring, alarms, recent developments of accuracy and mobile reception, share data ...) then white and in bottle.

I recommend price quality.Very reliable quality, except for some patch, razable price

DiabetesForo
01/20/2015 12:34 p.m.

I have not tried the Free and I cannot speak about it, only that it surprises me as they have announced it to hype and saucer "the end of the analysis in the fingers" and it is not true.I am very happy with Dexcom and I have it 3 years old.And now that the sensors last for 3 weeks more happy than ever, I still have unable to put it under the axila at chest height, that some companion puts it there and last 4 weeks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/20/2015 3:05 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I suppose that initially what attracts attention is the price, at home being two people with diabetes, calculate, 240 euros per month in sensors (more shipping costs hehe).I am clear that if I continue trying and I am not happy I will put the Dexcom to the girl and I to the traditional method.What has me bewildered is that some sensors (and since it went on sale I have not spent a day without a sensor, plus another that they gave me previously in the hospital) they were almost nailed, it is not that it is a measurement method at all badnor to rule out, because if they would not all go bad .... I continue with a thousand doubts

beti's profile photo
beti
01/20/2015 6:27 p.m.

I carry the dexcom and as the companions have said, little lag, in fact I to prick my insulin I did to the Dexcom values, before I checked it by now no longer and my have since use the Dexcom are between 5,6-5.9 and I am talking about before could be up to 9. So I continue with the Dexcom.
I tried the free and the sensors failed me, giving hypos that were not, I was 100 and marked 55 and that only lasted 3 days and asked me for a sensor change

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/20/2015 6:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I am very happy with the free and I have been 6 sensors and they arrived a few days ago.I cross my fingers, I will be lucky with this.

I believe, for which it is undecided between buying it or not, that whenever there is something, it seems that there are more people with problems than the one that does not have.A reason may be that people who do not enter or comment on anything.It is an assumption, it may be wrong.

DiabetesForo
01/20/2015 7:09 p.m.

I don't think it's that people who are doing well do not comment because if you look, we are more less the same people who comment on this forum, few new people who between

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/20/2015 10:15 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

At the moment the free one is doing well, I go through the fifth sensor and I have not had abysmal differences with respect to the capillary.Except for a sensor that was fatal to me, marking the whole time.I complained, they sent me strips of the free to buy it with the same meter, they told me they would call me again and nothing, of course.I called a lot of times more, but they have a horrible customer service and it is very difficult for you to answer you.I have also written an email and I still receive an answer ... Come on, they wash your hands.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
01/21/2015 2:03 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I don't know what to answer ..
It doesn't seem well to me that they have thrown it with that advertising and with so few guarantees ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/21/2015 10:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is difficult to know the percentage of users with "crazy" sensors.In my private statistics I carry 20% of unacceptable sensors, 40% of perfect sensors (and I speak of an accuracy superior to the Dexcom), and 40% of sensors that we could qualify in a fork between a simple "good"and an "acceptable", with differences that sometimes exceed what is promised by Abbott.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/22/2015 11:08 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.