{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

After using 15 sensors my free freestyle reader has failed.Normally, when you connect it to the PC to download the data, the message " device connected " appears in the reader.Well, in my case that message appeared without connecting it to the PC, and if it connected it to the PC, I did not recognize that it was connected:

After calling Abbot and being more than 40 minutes taking data and doing tests, and checking that the error was not from the PC, they told me that the technical service would contact me.
I had 1 day with my last sensor on.I do not use mobile with NFC, but I have a 2nd new freestyle reader, however I did not let me use it because I said that the sensor had already been read by another reader (I didn't know this)
I had 2 options:
- Change my sensor and use it with the new reader.
- Open my damaged reader, because an electronics technician told me that there could be moisture problems in the reader's microusb plug contacts.And I did so, although it was not easy to open it:

Drawed arrows indicate the place that was sulfatado and that I cleaned with a coil moistened in alcohol.(I regret not put a photo before cleaning it).After cleaning the communication with the PC worked perfectly and now I can continue using the sensor put until the end.

Part of the reader's plastic was deformed when opened, and it didn't look good when I closed it, so I used packing tape.It's not very nice, but it works.I will use my other reader with the next sensor.

After this happens, I think that a simple case for the reader would avoid this problem.It would even be enough to be in a small plastic bag, of those easy closing.The truth, I always carry the reader on top and at work, in the pocket of the robe, it has been exposed to moisture without realizing it.

I do not pretend that this is a tutorial, because it is not easy to do, but I share it because it seemed quite interesting.

I am still waiting for the ABBOT's technical service call, although I know they could not have fixed the problem.

magl's profile photo
magl
08/26/2020 1:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, good !!!
The first stopped reading the glucose strips and the SS gave me another.I tried everything and did not get me to read the strips.
Now I use the NFC and the glucometer, as I am not interested in alarms, first active the glucometer and then the mobile.
They always measure different, despite being both duly updated.And the mobile differs much more from the capillary than the glucometer that nails most of the time (and measures better in the buttock than in the arm or legs!)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2020 11:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Last week I went to the outpatient has collected the sensors and I already gave me the free 2, I live in Valencia

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
08/31/2020 3:45 p.m.

Yesterday I went to see my endrocrino and gave me 5 free sensors 2. Madrid.Jiménez Díaz Foundation.They have taken but finally begin to give them.:)

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
09/05/2020 6:51 a.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

@amiranda because last Thursday they told me that they suspended the delivery of those authorized in Pontones of the FJD.
I am pending to be prescribed, I've been paying them for 4 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/05/2020 3:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia because I don't know why.It is true that we are both under the same FJD umbrellas.It makes no sense.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
09/05/2020 4:21 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp

In Santander, at least in my health center, we continue with the free 1. They still have a cargo so waiting to prove free 2.

franarg's profile photo
franarg
09/05/2020 5:27 p.m.

Look what ABBOTT has just taken for athletes.His name Abbott Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor.It is for athletes and do not sell it as a medical device.It only measures between 55 and 200 mg/dl.And it seems that it gives real -time measures, that is, MCG.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
09/19/2020 7:26 a.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp

Better 1 sensor and 1 reader, because with more you go crazy.
Normally, when I went to bed with less than 130 I take something.

The sensor's time was finishing, and, by mistake, I put on the new sensor 1 day before (I never do it so soon).But, as I said in my last message, I was also going to change your reader for the fudge I did with the previous one.As I had 2 sensors and also 2 readers it occurred to me to activate the new sensor before the old one ended to compare the readings.

With the old reader I read the sensor that was finishing and with the new reader who was starting.

There was a difference of 35 mg/dl in reading.It is not so much, and I think that the control of diabetes can get along with both.

But the glass of milk that had taken me was enough for the figure of the old sensor, but it was too much for the glucose read in the modern.And what had to happen happened, at 2 hours, that the 1st sensor had already finished, the 2nd marked that it was reaching 200 and I had to correct it with 1 insulin unit.

Now I have 1 sensor and 1 reader, and I don't have to make comparisons, and that's fine.

magl's profile photo
magl
09/19/2020 9:35 p.m.

How curious about comparing two sensors ...
My question also goes on two sensors ... before having free 2, when I had to change the sensor one hour before it will end the new one and activated it with the reader and still asked for in the old man with my mobile ...
Now with the free 2, I put the new one hour before the old man ends and active with the mobile ... but the doubt arises if during that time could be measured in the old man with the mobile?Common sense told me not better, so I call Abbot and they told me that the old one would not read once the new one was activated ...
What do you think?

Greetings and thanks, Rafa

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
09/20/2020 8:02 p.m.

Rafa1959 said:
How curious compared two sensors ...
My question also goes on two sensors ... before having free 2, when I had to change the sensor one hour before it will end the new one and activated it with the reader and still asked for in the old man with my mobile ...
Now with the free 2, I put the new one hour before the old man ends and active with the mobile ... but the doubt arises if during that time could be measured in the old man with the mobile?Common sense told me not better, so I call Abbot and they told me that the old one would not read once the new one was activated ...
What do you think?

If you activate the two with the mobile, but if you use one reader with one and active with the mobile the other, yes.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/20/2020 8:29 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
rafa1959 said:
how curious compared two sensors ...
What do you think?

If you activate the two with the mobile, but if you use one reader with one and active with the mobile the other, yes.

You can also use two mobiles, or with a single mobile, you can install the same reading app (LibreLink, XDrip, ...), but the second you have to install it inside a virtual environment simulated on the mobile (for exampleWith the VMOS APP for Android, according to this information: Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/20/2020 9:11 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@amiranda because last Thursday they told me that they suspended the delivery of those authorized in Pontones of the FJD.
I am pending to be prescribed, I have been paying them for 4 years.

Hello, I am also in pontoons, and more than a year ago I say that I am on the list to receive them, and they don't call me or anything.Every time I go to the endocrine or educators they tell me that they are slow but still waiting.So to continue buying them from my pocket, and I don't know what to start buying me on 2 or continue with 1. Are those who give are the 2?

valky's profile photo
valky
09/27/2020 12:01 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I already have the sensors financed by the SS !!!!

Via web I put a complaint last week to the FJD and they called me on 29 to go to 30 to pick them up.
My endocrine had aiming at my history that I am a user since 2016, so I signed a consent role and gave me the 6 pack in an Abbot bag with a manual.
Normal, I don't know why the other nurse was committed to be called for the talk and that as they couldn't give them I had to wait for me as the number two hundred and something on the list of talks.

By the way, today the letter of response by ordinary mail has arrived.They tell me that they take me calling since September 21 and they can't locate me .... Anyway, I at certain times or see the mobile and how are we rare not lame.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/01/2020 2:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Great, they are begging, but finally they arrive .... I'm very happy

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/06/2020 10:33 p.m.

Does anyone know if some strips work in the free freestyle sensor that are not the officers?

In my ambulatory I doubt that the officers give me, always give me the glucometer they have ...

Greetings!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/09/2020 11:12 a.m.

jotabono said:
Does anyone know if some strips in the free freestyle sensor 2 other than the officers?

In my ambulatory I doubt that the officers give me, always give me the glucometer they have ...

Greetings!

No

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/09/2020 12:02 p.m.

Good, last night I put on a new sensor and there is no way to start.When it ends the 60 minutes it tells me to put a new one and scan.I scan, 60 minutes begin and so on.

Any solution?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/11/2020 10:05 a.m.

One like that came out.The only solution is to call Abbott, give the sensor serial number and the incidence number that the reader keeps and send you without any charge, a new sensor.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
10/11/2020 2:32 p.m.

A few days ago they made me a blood analytics in which I gave 93 mg of glucose.
5 minutes later the sensor scan the phone and gave 92 mg.Pleasant surprise.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
10/11/2020 2:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.