{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@Palomilla Look in the Nightcout Spain Facebook group.You can patch the LibreLink application to send you the data to the phone and pick them up with another app called XDRIP.I have not yet done it because I continue with Free 1 and I have Miao1, but I think people are happy .... What is not clear to me is the calibration I am not very sure here in the forum I think there is another threadAbout it ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/18/2020 5:29 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

palomilla said:
hello, forum:

From Dexcom G4 I just passed to Free while I hope they call me from the FJD to give me the Guardian Connect (at the end of April I wrote to the doctor to ask about the sensors and told me that they were still going to take me to call me because everything isHe had delayed a lot by Covid and were now calling the first financing group).

Three days ago I put on my first free 2 sensor that I use with the FreeLink app.The problem I am having is that the differences in blood glucose between the app and the glucometer are sometimes vertiginous.I wanted to know if I can use Glimp while LibreLink.In fact, I have downloaded the application, but it tells me that it does not recognize the sensor.I have unmarked the High Data Rate options (I pointed out to me), Miaomiao and Blucon.

Maybe you can recommend another app if Glimp and LibreLink don't work together.What would interest me is an app that connects to the sensor and that allows me to introduce some capillary measurement to correct those differences between glucometer and LibreLink.

Can anyone help me, please?Thank you so much.

In this thread there is talk of everything related to connecting 2 to external apps as you want, both patching the FreeLink app and through external sensors (Miao Miao 2) with different tutorials, to see if it serves you
Link

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/19/2020 6:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone!14 days have passed since I placed the Free Style for the first time, my mother as a fast time passes.The truth is that for now I am happy, it works correctly and has not given me any kind of problem, so great!The only thing that in the end I already have a little detached and that is aesthetically very ugly and attracts attention, so that we are going to fool ourselves, right?Hahahahaha but now that I have to change it, I get the question of what if I immediately have to put the next sensor or if I can wait a few hours to place it.Oh and if someone tells me of a place in the arm in which it is practically not seen, I will be eternally grateful.
Greetings to all!

Anaaa's profile photo
Anaaa
05/26/2020 11:01 a.m.

How interesting all guys, the truth is that in that forum you learn something new every day.By the way, I was interested in finding a Ammonia refrigeration company and they have spoken to me very well about Tefrile.Does anyone know or requested their services?Thank you very much and greetings.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
05/28/2020 5:05 p.m.

What a disenchantment with free 2 !!!
Worst measurements that with free 1
Capillaries of 128, sensor 180, 140, sensor 235 and so on every day.
I have already used 3 with which I have been wearing and all bad.
If you call Abbott it is wasting time because they enter the admitted tolerance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/29/2020 2:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

How unfortunate !!

Because they presumed to have improved precision.We can think that you have had bad luck with that game of sensors, but three bad sensors is a lot!

Patience !

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/30/2020 2:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Of @raulserrano
Hello good morning,
Attention to free sensors 2, how medical personnel, I must warn that they frequently give hypoglycemia, that reading errors are very frequent, with great differences much lower than real values.
They can cause unnecessary urgent alerts and consultations.
Advised

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2020 9:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Link

Hello,
I wanted to inform, about the problems of the free freestyle sensor 2, which often gives very low erroneous values, when checking with a drop of blood, the difference is more than 100mg ...
It is dangerous, since people may think they have hypoglycemia.
The client service has told me that the first days the measures can be wrong, 48 hours, and that it puts it in the sensor's brochure, which is false
This only happens in Spain or also in other countries?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2020 9:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me the truth is that both the 1 and 2 have gone quite well since I started using them, I have had no problem with one that did not work for my alarm and changed my sensor, then it turned out that it was not a matter of thesensor but of mobile configuration.They give me values ​​similar to the capillary, sometimes practically the same, with a difference of 2-6 mg per dl.We will touch wood.When the alarms sound, I have only activated the hicc2 is similar.I prefer the 2 for the theme of alarms for inadvertent night hypos and let me know, but now for example I have 1 because they are the ones that gave me in the SS up to two or three months that the 1 are over, andI apply, with the new slow insulin I do not lower me more than 50 and with those levels I am well to eat something, I still do it very frequently and if I can also at dawn in case.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/09/2020 2:11 p.m.

Of 5 sensors that I carry, 2 of them to replace because they decide to run out ahead of time ... one when they had 7 days left and it is last when 5 days left.

Good statistics that carry.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/11/2020 3:39 p.m.

@meginer, where do you put the sensor, in an area or in several?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2020 12:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I usually put it on my arm although I have ever done it in the Superoexternal part of the buttock, or on thigh.They all go as good for me.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/12/2020 3:39 p.m.

They have told me that the Free Styl or what is the name of costs here about € 60/70 ..... right?, Well, as I live in Banyoles in half an hour of Le Perthus (France-Spain) is that half is Spain and the other France, because on the French side there is a pharmacy that sells it over about € 30/unity and there goes myCompanion to buy it, so as soon as we can go to France I will buy to try it, he takes it and has taught me how it goes, it is very good, to see when the SS will give it to the diabetics 2? ...

match53's profile photo
match53
06/14/2020 3:08 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

I carry my free room 2 and just as evil.
I'm not going to ask for more.As soon as those that have the end of the product are over.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2020 5:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

drjesusangel said:
@macarena93 thanks to your contribution I have been able to get sensors in Lisbon and I will use it directly with the iPhone.It has been strange that in the Alentejo pharmacies they are limiting the dispensation only with a recipe.I am looking forward to Saturday to be able to go to Lisbon and try the first.

I have not endured the three months that have given me a margin in Endocrine in the Extremaduran Health Service, after the disastrous experience in consultation, in which I put the endocrine test and did not notice, I do not know if someThe same thing happens to you: endocrine anchored to the past and willing not to facilitate life ... although I think this deserves another topic of conversation.

@meginer with what you tell, and with the experience that I have had for the first time in the endocrinology service, when they want to supply them the freestyle I do not see my time in informative talks.

In the Infanta de Badajoz they have stopped sending me the strips of the official glucometer.They have not given me a sensor and I don't know how to communicate with them.They have sent me to the primary nurse who does not know where he has the right hand.

On the other hand I would like to know where to buy freestyle1 in Lisbon or Portugal or but in another country.

Can anyone give me some light?

@meginer @macarena93 @drjesusangel

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/27/2020 6:18 p.m.

Antonio3334 said:
drjesusangel said:
@macarena93 thanks to your contribution I have been able to get sensors in Lisbon and I will use it directly with the iPhone.It has been strange that in the Alentejo pharmacies they are limiting the dispensation only with a recipe.I am looking forward to Saturday to be able to go to Lisbon and try the first.

I have not endured the three months that have given me a margin in Endocrine in the Extremaduran Health Service, after the disastrous experience in consultation, in which I put the endocrine test and did not notice, I do not know if someThe same thing happens to you: endocrine anchored to the past and willing not to facilitate life ... although I think this deserves another topic of conversation.

@meginer with what you tell, and with the experience that I have had for the first time in the endocrinology service, when they want to supply them the freestyle I do not see my time in informative talks.

In the Infanta de Badajoz they have stopped sending me the strips of the official glucometer.They have not given me a sensor and I don't know how to communicate with them.They have sent me to the primary nurse who does not know where he has the right hand.

On the other hand I would like to know where to buy freestyle1 in Lisbon or Portugal or but in another country.

Antonio, it is not clear to me, where are you from?, Is that I don't understand all these troubles to buy in other countries.In Spain, I believe that in all communities they finance the Free, perhaps with the issue of the crisis of the Coronavirus, everything has been delayed and the processes that were underway, have stopped.I did only one day one -hour course, it does not seem so much if it is the protocol that they have to give it, you pass it and it ends and now, if also with the delay that there is, you say that you have been using the sensor for years, perhaps notYou have to do it.They even send them home, so that they don't go to the hospital for them, they send me 8 for four months.And before I had two or three boats of 100 strips a month, I made countless controls, and now I obviously need very little because I have reduced the prescription since I do not even arrive in the middle of the box per month.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/28/2020 10:30 a.m.

meginer said:
Antonio334 said:
drjesusangel said:
drjesusangel said:
@macarena93 thanks to your contribution I could get sensors inLisbon and I will use it directly with the iPhone.It has been strange that in the Alentejo pharmacies they are limiting the dispensation only with a recipe.I am looking forward to Saturday to be able to go to Lisbon and try the first.

Antonio, it is not clear to me, where are you from?, Is that I don't understand all these troubles to buy in other countries.

I don't know where they take you.I have sensed the conversation that you maintain that some of you take you in the infanta like me.

In Spain, I believe that in all communities they finance the Free, perhaps with the issue of the crisis of the Coronavirus, everything has been delayed and the processes that were underway, have stopped.

No sensor has been offered to me, I have to pay it

I did only one day one -hour course, it does not seem so much if it is the protocol that they have to give it, you pass it and it ends and now, if also with the delay that there is, you say that you have been using the sensor for years, perhaps notYou have to do it.They even send them home, so that they don't go to the hospital for them, they send me 8 for four months.

I'm interested in knowing where this, hospital and doctor and electronic contact if it could be if it is the infant.

to go to the hospital is prohibited and you don't want to go with the health crisis

And before I had two or three boats of 100 strips a month, I made countless controls, and now I obviously need very little for what I have reduced the prescription since I do not even arrive in the middle of the box per month.

I have never had a 100 -strips boat.All my boats have been 50. Before they gave me 300 strips or 350 and now they give me 100 which with a bomb is to laugh.

pd.International purchase? ... if I want to buy it, it was for a price and why do they not give it to me.Apart that I want the version 1 sensor that Spain no longer sells.Which I said for a previous comment by @drjesusangel

By the way do not send me anything home with the consequent danger of Covid

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/28/2020 11:09 a.m.

Antonio3334 said:
meginer said:
Antonio3334 said:
Antonio3334 said:
@Macarena93 Thanks to your contribution I have been able to get sensors in Lisbon and I will use it directly with the iPhone.It has been strange that in the Alentejo pharmacies they are limiting the dispensation only with a recipe.I am looking forward to Saturday to be able to go to Lisbon and try the first.

Antonio, it is not clear to me, where are you from?, Is that I don't understand all these troubles to buy in other countries.

I don't know where they take you.I have sensed the conversation that you maintain that some of you take you in the infanta like me.

In Spain, I believe that in all communities they finance the Free, perhaps with the issue of the crisis of the Coronavirus, everything has been delayed and the processes that were underway, have stopped.

No sensor has been offered to me, I have to pay it

I did only one day one -hour course, it does not seem so much if it is the protocol that they have to give it, you pass it and it ends and now, if also with the delay that there is, you say that you have been using the sensor for years, perhaps notYou have to do it.They even send them home, so that they don't go to the hospital for them, they send me 8 for four months.

I'm interested in knowing where this, hospital and doctor and electronic contact if it could be if it is the infant.

to go to the hospital is prohibited and you don't want to go with the health crisis

And before I had two or three boats of 100 strips a month, I made countless controls, and now I obviously need very little for what I have reduced the prescription since I do not even arrive in the middle of the box per month.

I have never had a 100 -strips boat.All my boats have been 50. Before they gave me 300 strips or 350 and now they give me 100 which with a bomb is to laugh.

pd.International purchase? ... if I want to buy it, it was for a price and why do they not give it to me.Apart that I want the version 1 sensor that Spain no longer sells.Which I said for a previous comment by @drjesusangel

By the way do not send me anything home with the consequent danger of Covid

I am from Andalusia, nothing to do with the Infanta that you comment, specifically from Seville, Andalusia is one of the last communities to finance the Free, they still give me the 1 PQ they have in stock before confinement but I prefer the 2 sinceI have inadvertent night hypos and I have tested the 2 and I prefer it.
As for the strips, that depends on the endocrine, but there are boxes of 50 and 100, I spoke a lot that I take them out of 100. The endocrine is the Q in the report puts the daily controls to be done and according toThat finances you, I have no problem with mine., absolutely none.I am a doctor and I have an easier relationship with him, I need it, I call it his consultation, but for financing purposes we all have to pass the same protocols (with him.Unity, which have the same opportunities.
In Extremadura they do not finance the free ??.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/28/2020 11:21 a.m.

Hi, @Antonio3334.

I now belong to Don Benito's health area so they do not see at the University Hospital of Badajoz (former Infanta Cristina) is more or see me in the endocrine service of Don Benito, my family doctor derived me in February by theFreestyle and two weeks ago I was discharged from the control for control and because according to them I already had the free and I did not want to show the data, something logical that I know for my work to be left over: any minimal thing that the Extremaduran Health Service does toSome patient of mine invoices us and by far.

When I was at the University in Badajoz, the Infanta Endocrinology Service was quite accessible, I remember that it called for anything and it was fast and in the health center that I had then (La Paz) had no problems with the strips, except the schedule for the schedule for the schedule forcollect them.

I work in Badajoz and I am thinking of changing my health center there and being able to be seen in the University, because the experience with my family doctor and the endocrinology service in Don Benito is disastrous, to the point that I have already tired of claims.Of course with the nurse of the health center I have no problems for the strips and needles, it gives me 150 strips and a box of 100 needles need what you need without problems.

I normally buy the sensors in Holon pharmacies in the Lisbon area through a friend of mine, but in Elvas there are almost always in the pharmacy of the Bairro de Boa Fé and in the European Pharmacy on commission.To that I add that I can in my case acquire it with Portuguese recipe for 7 euros the sensor so I do not deserve to submit to "humiliation in endocrinology consultations."

@meginer is not the only disastrous experience that I have had since January with the SES, so now I am worth the excuses of the coronavirus and I do resort to the international purchase for the main reason that there are medications that with private recipe cost much less than much less thanIn Spain or find them while in Spain they are exhausted because there is no stock by having made a mass purchase public health services.I also have to say that with Coronavirus I have been very well treated in the Emergency Department of Don Benito Hospital, so the excuses of the rest do not use me.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
06/28/2020 11:51 a.m.

drjesusangel said:
hello, @Antonio334.

I now belong to Don Benito's health area so they do not see at the University Hospital of Badajoz (former Infanta Cristina) is more or see me in the endocrine service of Don Benito, my family doctor derived me in February by theFreestyle and two weeks ago I was discharged from the control for control and because according to them I already had the free and I did not want to show the data, something logical that I know for my work to be left over: any minimal thing that the Extremaduran Health Service does toSome patient of mine invoices us and by far.

When I was at the University in Badajoz, the Infanta Endocrinology Service was quite accessible, I remember that it called for anything and it was fast and in the health center that I had then (La Paz) had no problems with the strips, except the schedule for the schedule for the schedule forcollect them.

I work in Badajoz and I am thinking of changing my health center there and being able to be seen in the University, because the experience with my family doctor and the endocrinology service in Don Benito is disastrous, to the point that I have already tired of claims.Of course with the nurse of the health center I have no problems for the strips and needles, it gives me 150 strips and a box of 100 needles need what you need without problems.

I normally buy the sensors in Holon pharmacies in the Lisbon area through a friend of mine, but in Elvas there are almost always in the pharmacy of the Bairro de Boa Fé and in the European Pharmacy on commission.To that I add that I can in my case acquire it with Portuguese recipe for 7 euros the sensor so I do not deserve to submit to "humiliation in endocrinology consultations."

@meginer is not the only disastrous experience that I have had since January with the SES, so now I am worth the excuses of the coronavirus and I do resort to the international purchase for the main reason that there are medications that with private recipe cost much less than much less thanIn Spain or find them while in Spain they are exhausted because there is no stock by having made a mass purchase public health services.I also have to say that with Coronavirus I have been very well treated in the Emergency Department of Don Benito Hospital, so the excuses of the rest are not worth me.

Obviously they are not excuses.Lo.q I do not understand is that there is so much difference Bdecun site to another and that they do not give you the free for having good control, is not what is pursued?, The PPIO financed the one.February in Andalucia for all dm. Type 1, no matter.In my hospital, all type 1 DMs have the possibility of obtaining it for free, in fact they sign a role to those who do not want to make sure they have offered them and have not wanted them.
If Realm you have a possibility with a private recipe to buy Free for that price, it is not worth it, anyway if you change from the health area, I would comment with the endocrine.What I did not know is that in Portugal they would be given with a recipe for that price and that it was prescribed.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/28/2020 12:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.