{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

diegomiquel said:
hello.By mistake I had to ask for a reader instead of the sensor.If someone is interested, I sell it to the same amount that cost me.59.90.

Return it, no problem, there is an established period for it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/18/2019 5:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
well, another sensor that fails by day 10. They change it to me, like the others, but they go 5 this year ... now they ask you if you have been using them for more than 6 monthsAnd if they are provided by the SS.

Hello, I am new in all this (and in the forum) and today the same has happened to me, the sensor marks me 120 and it seemed weird, I have checked with the capillary machine and I was 250, I am pregnant so omagina the scare.

When the sensor fails you, do you take it off and you put another?

Yomismo1990's profile photo
Yomismo1990
12/19/2019 10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Yomismo1990 do not take it off, before that call Abbott and explain the differences.They will ask for measurement data to register them in the claim, the serial number and the lot number.They will ask you if you have needed medical assistance for the sensor failure.
The normal thing is that they send you a substitute and a bag to return the one that has failed;When you have talked to them, you can take it away.Remember to save the sensor to send it back.The latter has arrived in 3 days.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/20/2019 10:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@yomismo1990 do not take it off, before that call Abbott and explain the differences.They will ask for measurement data to register them in the claim, the serial number and the lot number.They will ask you if you have needed medical assistance for the sensor failure.
The normal thing is that they send you a substitute and a bag to return the one that has failed;When you have talked to them, you can take it away.Remember to save the sensor to send it back.The latter has come to me in 3 days.

Hello! I have gone this morning to my nurse.He has not taken me sensor or anything, only does not mark the glucose.

He told me that I left it 24 hours and that before putting another one week, so I do not know what to do because the comfort of the sensor shows.

What would you do?
Thanks for your answer

Yomismo1990's profile photo
Yomismo1990
12/20/2019 11:50 a.m.

The margin of error of the sensors is quite large in my opinion.With +/- 70mg/dl I am not sure that it is not inside the sensor tolerance threshold.
The sensor gives us "orientation" of blood glucose but in the face of a meal and doubts, the capillary is more accurate.
I use the Glimp application to measure glycemia in addition to LibreLink.Glimp allows adding capillaries and recalculates a prediction.

Do not wait 24h to put the following sensor, in fact I wear it 5-12 hours before activating it, it gives better values.In that period I carry 2 sensors, the new active when the one who was wearing, and always active being without doing anything during the calibration time and without rapid insulin in the body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2019 11:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I also placed my sensors the night before activating them but the last 3 I have put them at the same time in activation and they are perfect so that I have disassembled all the theory of putting them early so I think that ifGood leave good regardless of the moment of placement ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/21/2019 5:42 p.m.

ruthbia said:
By the way, yesterday I went to collect material to my nurse and there is no free in Madrid until within a long way.She was given "online" training a few months ago but they don't know when they will enter or when they will give them the practical classes.

Today I have been in Nursing of the Gómez Ulla hospital, and I am super happy, they already have the material for 14 patients and I am included, adult and with inadvertent hypos.
They have to prepare "the course" and they will start calling us.
I think I have understood that they will give the sensors for 3 months, then it will go through the health centers.
He has also told me about other Siemens readers, but I think he has not heard very well, he is about to retire, and I do not find information with this brand.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/26/2019 12:44 p.m.

As explained by Endo on December 17, Free has gone for budget waves.The Jimenez Foundation (which takes me) did not enter the first phase and now enters January 2020.
He offered me the bomb (which I rejected) and told me that the first free has to put the endocrine and explain, then in the nursing of the health center.But in my health center, I have already commented, that they have no idea when they will have them.

I have learned for a co -worker with a husband and diabetic son who in La Paz there is another system, subcutaneous, but I don't know what laboratory.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2020 1:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia treat me in La Paz and have only offered me that of Medtronic (for carrying the bomb) or the free ... they pointed me on a waiting list and they told me that patience, that being well controlled it was going to be ofthe last ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/02/2020 1:54 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Today, the nurse who supplies the needles and strips has told me that if I want the free the only thing I have to present is a report of the header in which I approve it.I do not know if I put it again since it could be bought in Spain, but in the months I gave me allergy and I left it.I am not very convinced because taking it for me means being pending at all times and it is like I do not disconnect from diabetes and M came to overwhelm.With the Free I learned things from my body, the truth that helped me a lot, but without him it does not go wrong.
Do you know if the sensor's glue have changed?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/02/2020 9:58 p.m.

anaisabel said:
today, the nurse who supplies the needles and strips has told me that if I want the free the only thing I have to present is a report from the header doctor in which I approve it.I do not know if I put it again since it could be bought in Spain, but in the months I gave me allergy and I left it.I am not very convinced because taking it for me means being pending at all times and it is like I do not disconnect from diabetes and M came to overwhelm.With the Free I learned things from my body, the truth that helped me a lot, but without him it does not go wrong.
Do you know if the sensor glue has changed?

Yes, they did a while ago 🙂

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/02/2020 11:38 p.m.

@Anaisabel have changed several times on adhesives and depends on each one, depending on their skin type, the one that allergia or not.
They do not produce reaction and also the new adhesive sticks much more.

If they give it to you, take it and use it when you think you are worse controlled, the typical bad week we all have.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/03/2020 9:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I will tell the GP, to see if it does not make me any inconvenience that I do not feel like dealing with anyone.What fits me the most of this is that doctors, nurses, etc. have no idea of ​​the subject.If I know you don't happen to you, but yes.
Another question, I have the freestyle glucometer since 2014 I think.I won't serve anymore?

Anaisabel
01/03/2020 2:22 p.m.

@Anaisabel In principle, only the adhesives have changed in the United Kingdom because after thousands of complaints from the English, the British health service threatened Abbott with stopping acquiring their products in hospitals and starting to give Medtronic or Dexcom, AbbottHe put the batteries and changed the adhesives, there are no references that the adhesives have changed in more countries except in Germany that have free 2.-
Anyway, the reactions occur after a few months or years of use of freestyle, you know that there are truss and others:- In the Freestyle and Dexcom allergies group there are people who do everything, you would be surprised.

And without having to correct anyone.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/03/2020 2:23 p.m.

That was understood that they have not changed here.
We have ever spoken @sigsauer, but I and crafts are not compatible.
At the same time that I stress to wear it, it measures me well, as I am, I look, rowing, failure, etc.I know I have to update at least try.If I am I am going to bombard you to questions.

Anaisabel
01/03/2020 2:31 p.m.

I have been using the freestyle 21 months uninterruptedly and with respect to the adhesive I have not had any problem, but I have noticed that the last sensors have a different one, with less adhesion power, which does not prevent them from continuing to effectively fulfill their function.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
01/06/2020 12:43 a.m.

It is known when Free 2 arrived in Spain

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
01/06/2020 4:28 p.m.

@Anaisabel you can use the same glucometer without or with update via computer (tongo !! Measure the same as the app that is updated) or the mobile app that is automatically synchronized with freeview to make the reports.

To me after almost 4 years of uninterrupted use, it has not given me allergy and I do not notice that the new sensors have less adhesion, it is or yes, they fail more, in 5 months they have already replied 6 units.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/07/2020 12:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "Rafa1959"

No. Although probably, it arrives very, very soon.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/07/2020 10:48 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
rafa1959 said:

Hopefully

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/07/2020 11 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.