{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I have seen this information on the republikadiabetes website, maybe it can be interesting (but does not indicate the date of sale of free 2 in Spain!)

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/08/2020 3:29 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The analysis is very interesting, my conclusion is that I keep free 1 + a system do it yourself if I want to resemble an MCG.

I do not see much market if you only "whistle" to pass the reader and measure glucose, we already do it with free 1 when we notice something strange or we need to know how we are going.
His thing is that taking advantage of Bluetooth technology transferred the data and are visible on the screen.
As it seems what the user configures thresholds in the sensor and he sends the signal to glycometer / app of "escala majo" to see what happens to you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2020 3:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia the free 2 would be a good system if the freeLink allowed the calibrations with the capillary for when you get a sensor of those that we all know although many times the capillary glucometer is not very trustworthy with differences 20-30mg/dl above- Below in 2 consecutive measurements.- I believe that that is why Abbott does not allow calibrations because they do not trust their own hair glucometers to make a calibration, in fine.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/08/2020 7:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

jldiazdel said:
I have seen this information on the republikadiabetes website, maybe it can be interesting to you (but does not indicate date of sale of free 2 in Spain!)

Link

Views other reviews of the countries of origin where it has been and the use is much more widespread, it is clear that the free 2 is worth little, logical is that they cannot do it continuous glymia meter could not make the advertising they do.
Shameful that the brand does market an MCG in the United Kingdom but do not bring it to Spain and after having informed my person both in this forum and in other networks the data of the true MCG of said marketer brand (which I do not want to name because I think they shouldof being more honest and serving everything they have) they blocked the Spanish IP so you can not easily visualize their continuous glycemia meter.

It is clear that to make a LOOP system, a system that applies microbles, increases basal depending on the time of the day and reduces or for insulin infusion, the best thing not to complicate life and not do anything is to have a microinfusora tandem tx tx slim 2,which currently uses the IQ basal system and will be the IQ control shortly, all without any configuration problems or stories with the fantastic Dexcom G6 system chosen by 99% of the people who use LOOP systems, people who carry itAll the year even if sometimes they say they only use it in summer for three months, this is demonstrated by their networks of networks, it is a reliable system and that it gives security not as it seems that it happens in the flash system in most cases.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/09/2020 7:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@sigsauer, really what Abbott Publicita is that the freestyle system does not need calibration against other brands in the market.That is the strong point that "sells," my endocrine told me.
Nor do they want to turn it into MCG because they have entered a new market niche that the other brands did not offer at the time.Now there are other brands offering something similar to flash.

I give little future to free2.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/09/2020 10 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@sigsauer, really what Abbott advertises is that the freestyle system does not need calibration against other brands in the market.That is the strong point that "sells," my endocrine told me.
Nor do they want to turn it into MCG because they have entered a new market niche that the other brands did not offer at the time.Now there are other brands offering something similar to flash.

I give little future to free2.

But it is not true that it does not really need to calibrate or that it is the end to capillary analysis (if you read the small print that this is another story).
What this commercial brand does is simply deceive everyone.The strong point that really sells is the price, a price that can be achieved better using alternative methods for calling them that other systems, but that people do not know or do not want to complicate their lives.
They do not want to turn it into MCG because they could not advertise it if they did because they already have one working very well in the United Kingdom but much more expensive than other MCG systems from here.
No brand I think is offering the flash system or anything similar, they are reliable systems that really do not need calibration, but they are honest laboratories that know that calibration may be necessary and give the option to it, not because these systems are worse but because they say thereality of life without deception.
You cannot afford the advertising that this laboratory does and how it sells it because it is a lie that only harms us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/09/2020 11:19 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

After more than a year with free freestyle, I have to say that it is not a reliable system, since I have found many badly calibrated sensors, always marking below (about 40 mg/dl of less).If you make decisions based on these measures, you will make many mistakes.Advertising is misleading since you need if or if hair glycemia controls.What I do not understand is how social security knowing this, risks subsidizing these sensors.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
01/09/2020 12:12 p.m.

pinkkypank said:
After more than a year with free freestyle, I must say that it is not a reliable system, since I have encountered many badly calibrated sensors, always marking below (about 40 mg/dl of less).If you make decisions based on these measures, you will make many mistakes.Advertising is misleading since you need if or if hair glycemia controls.What I do not understand is how social security knowing this, risks subsidizing these sensors.

Well, let's see I don't want to be clear by saying it but think .... But as you say something strange, when also the public health executives themselves announce it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/09/2020 1:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I hope the Dexcom is subsidized.From what you say, it gives me much more confidence.
Although my daughter has not tried any

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2020 10:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, a question, I have lost my reader and I have to buy another.I just put a sensor.My question is, if I buy another reader, I have to put another sensor or do you recognize it?My mobile has no NFC

It is not the same as the joke costs me € 60 as € 120

Digui's profile photo
Digui
01/12/2020 11:33 a.m.

For when Freestyle Free 2 in Spain?Will they notice with time?Any discount for those of us?

I say it because it is important to know to stop buying the sensors since they will not be compatible.I've been with the device for 2 months and I bought sensors for a while.

Does anyone know anything?Thanks in advance

Digui's profile photo
Digui
01/12/2020 12:14 p.m.

@Pinkkypank is that the glucose that marks is different of course, it is interstitial, which is not the same ... and gives less that is true.
@Digui, do you mean the new sensors that have alarm?They have not told me that they have to change the "device."

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
01/12/2020 3:24 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

@Digui good question, if you have started the sensor with a reader and now you have to read the sensor with a new one, I do not know if you will recognize the sensor that you have already started, I would call Abbott before buying it because it is a task to have to throwA sensor to garbage.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/12/2020 4:04 p.m.

digui said:
Hello, a doubt, I have lost my reader and I have to buy another.I just put a sensor.My question is, if I buy another reader, I have to put another sensor or do you recognize it?My mobile has no NFC

It is not the same as the joke costs me € 60 as € 120

He will not read it to you.That sensor is associated with this reader.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/14/2020 12:13 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

In any case, they leave you a phone with NFC until that sensor ends

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
01/14/2020 7:42 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Digui you have to use the mobile for the sensor you have in use with an app like Glimp, Abbott's, LibreLink, it will not work for you because since you activate the sensor with the reader you have 60 min to pass the mobile and whatBoth measure you during the 14 days of the sensor.

My advice does not buy the reader, use the mobile.Give the same values ​​with the advantage you can see live reports in Libreview.Soon, the SS will give you the sensors and a reader.My nurse gave me a reader because my glucometer stopped reading strips at 3 years (according to the useful life that Abbott gives, nor to carry a stopwatch) but the NFC signal reads it well.

Free2 will have another glucometer because it will have acoustic warning signs.

Do not worry about those you have bought, I have for 3 months.I will then claim the SS to cover them, in my specialties center they told me that they would begin to deliver them this January, for when and ask for them, surely I enter the quota.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/14/2020 11:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Today I have come from the review hospital and we have already started with the problems of supply of free, due to distribution problems they have only been able to give us 2 sensors instead of the usual 6 with the grace that makes you have to return to sensors in your hourslabor with what it entails;And the worst of all has come with the capillary strips because I had the 30 strips that I have in the glucometer and it has told me that how they are seeing that free users are using practically the same strips as when they did not have the sensor, they wereThey have strict and for me for 3 months I wanted to give me "2 boxes" I never seen when I have always had plenty strips, I have told him that minimal would give me for the 3 meals of the day when you put insulin but it has cost me GodAnd it helps to take 5 boxes +1 that I have stolen from the closet.-
The nurse was new and did not enter the head that the sensor wears a delay of 15-30 mnts with respect to the capillary and to put insulin can lead to mistake only trust the sensor unless you are super stable.
So if it is already a lazy to go to the consultation, take a cup and a half.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/14/2020 6:41 p.m.

If they believe that the free sensor is reliable enough to do without strips, we are going very badly.
If it were, we would not use strips, that we are not masochists.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2020 12:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Puff, the strips to me already happens to me and without free.They give me 2 boxes of 50 for 3 months because free use that does not pay me the ss .... take now!
The last time 1 box, so I buy them by Amazon.In addition to the shabby new "m" glucometer that I am going to return and of which they only gave me 50 strips for 3 months.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2020 12:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
puff, the strips to me already happens to me and without free.They give me 2 boxes of 50 for 3 months because free use that does not pay me the ss .... take now!
The last time 1 box, so I buy them by Amazon.In addition to the shabby new "m" glucometer that I am going to return and of which they only gave me 50 strips for 3 months.

Incredible.Manda 00

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
01/15/2020 7:58 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.