{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Hello everyone, 10 days ago I am using the free ... They have given it to me in the SS, I live in Valencia, they called me from my ambulatory and they gave me a meter and 6 sensors, I call my endocrine and a nurse explained howUse it and she placed the PRI.I have returned to me a month to give me a more detailed course ...
I am very happy with the Free, to see if it does not give me many failures ...

Greetings, Rafa

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
10/21/2019 4:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A few days ago my nurse from the health center when collecting the inputs told me, I was not very put, it must be that I was going for the first class .... I only knew about the flash.He told me that it is to prescription of the endocrine and will be delivered at the health center in Madrid.
On Friday I have consult with endo, to see what they tell.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/21/2019 9:56 p.m.

I went down with my nurse to the warehouse and there he gave me a glucometer and strips.I didn't see any free and asked him (my nurse is very up to date with everything and is very interested in diabetes and diets), she told me that.I live in Madrid Capital and Endo in June told me that I was leaving for a subject of budgets.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/23/2019 7:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I went down with my nurse to the warehouse and there I chose a glucometer and strips.I didn't see any free and asked him (my nurse is very up to date with everything and is very interested in diabetes and diets), she told me that.I live in Madrid Capital and Endo in June told me that I was leaving for a subject of budgets.

I think we go to the same reference hospital, the Jiménez Díaz Foundation.In my cap, last week my nurse was studying a sensor course, images of the 3 were seen, and he told me that they will start to give them very soon.
In fact I went with her to the warehouse by needles, and there was already a shelf with freestyle start kits ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/23/2019 6:54 p.m.

Yes, but it is the health center that gives the material and in Legazpi they do not wait for it until

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/23/2019 9 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
yes but it is the health center that gives the material and in Legazpi they do not wait for it until within much

My mother is no longer that there is enormous inequality between autonomous communities, there is between cap of it ...

Honestly, I can continue making the effort a time to pay for my pocket sensors, although I could not make my profession without them ... but there are families that can not even allow it ... we are talking about a substantial improvement of quality of life, for other garbage there is money ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/25/2019 1:50 p.m.

Hello,

For those who still do not have the application of the mobile that serves to scan the sensor (parents, grandparents, teachers, brothers) I leave you a link so that they can lower it to their mobiles:

Link

Happy afternoon.

AlbertoVasc's profile photo
AlbertoVasc
10/26/2019 7:55 p.m.

Well, what they told me is that since my hospital does not belong to the hospital network, as well as Jiménez Díaz Foundation, for example, they are studying the way of giving the sensors, for the topic of turnover, to see if for next year, go ahead for everyone anywhere in the community and to ask in any territory of Spain ... regardless of age,

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/27/2019 12:14 p.m.

The problem is that the system we have is unsustainable to cover health and pensions.
They will finance the sensor but in return they have reduced the strips, from 600 to the quarter to 150.
And more things that will reduce and suppress.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/28/2019 7:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

First day with freestyle.They placed it yesterday at 10 in the morning.Today I get up and indicate blood glucose 46. Without symptoms.How odd.I make a capillary and 113. Throughout the day the free marking less than the capillary.It approaches but never less than 20% difference.
We will see tomorrow.For now a little discarded.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/01/2019 6:01 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Ignasi_p

That sometimes happens with some sensors.Check at least when you eat the sensor, pick it up (around 20 -30 minutes).At least it will serve you and you calculate with the GAP that you have wherever you walk.It is not the best obviously but at least it will serve you

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/02/2019 10:31 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

After 48h the thing has improved, and a lot.Now practically the measure is practically the same as the capillary.But the results of the first day give little confidence.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/03/2019 4:59 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Well the sensors are like this and those of Abbott work a bit regular but I think they will greatly improve the quality of life and help you improve your HB.Some go better than others and you can never trust at all but they help.

Of course, do not put insulin corrections without first checking it!I was wrong times for trusting the sensor.

jldiazdel
11/03/2019 6:22 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Ignasi_p The first 24 hours and the last days can give you more different results, you can try to place the new sensor 12-24 hours before activating it.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/03/2019 10:17 p.m.

OystersVery good idea.Do not lose days of operation?

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/04/2019 7:58 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

No, you put the new one a few hours before the old man explodes and until you are active do not begin to count the 14 days, when the old man expires, you active the new one that you have placed a few hours earlier, it is simply for the filamentGo to soak up your interstitial fluid before activating it;This is not an exact science but it usually works.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/04/2019 1:29 p.m.

I place it minimum with 48 hours, sometimes with more time, only the first 12 hours go fatal, then the usual difference, about 30 below the capillary.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/05/2019 9:51 p.m.

Thanks for the answers.Now the free is nailing the capillary.I am very happy with him.To think that I controlled the glycemia (after 2 hours of the meals I had them within the range) I have realized that after the meals I make some beastly peaks.Without the freestyle I did not know these climbs.It is most likely because I got the fast just before eating.It may also be that I remain a bit low in the calculation of the dose and some unit is missing.Now the first thing will be to try to put it before.It will be a matter of testing.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/06/2019 3:13 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

@Ignasi_p
Yes, that is, you have to try what is best for you, and TB keep in mind that it depends on both the type of food you do and the activity that you come/do.In the morning, I put the insulin 15 m before, I usually have a share of action, but in the meals and dinners just at the beginning (I take more fatty and proteins).Well, in the meals in fact sometimes at the end, because it is when I come from the gym and I do not want me to enter the insulin before the ch.

You will see how you learn a lot about how your body reacts to the different types of food and improvements your control.

All the best

jldiazdel
11/06/2019 5:21 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Is there any way of transferring the app that myomiao uses that of the freestyle?My nurse uses the latter to monitor my

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/15/2019 4:39 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.