{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

vir said:
hello that is a sensor failure.It happened to me but always with the newly put sensor.They should change it to you, the only thing you don't say that you only have 4 days because you can put on you.

To me, just missing one day, they have returned it to me, their guarantee is for the 14 days, they only asked for the lot the sensor code and together with the replacement sensor they sent me an envelope to return the defective.

Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
08/25/2019 2:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fco_javier_8888 said:
vir said:
Hello, that is a sensor failure.It happened to me but always with the newly put sensor.They should change it to you, the only thing you don't say that you only have 4 days because you can put on you.

To me, just missing one day, they have returned it to me, their guarantee is for the 14 days, they only asked for the lot the sensor code and together with the replacement sensor they sent me an envelope to return the defective.

Greetings

Ah well, he said it as a precaution.When I failed a sensor, it has always been at the beginning and I have not had problems but it is also true that they have emphasized the days I had with him.Thanks for the information.Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/26/2019 10:17 a.m.

I've called Abbott and they send me a new sensor :)

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
08/26/2019 5:18 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

@morganeta Hello!I wanted to ask you, have you hit you?Because I have called me the 2 times.

For those who interest you, I tell you my story.I've been using the free for 3 years and the money has always left my pocket.I have called 2 times, although there have been many more that the sensors have not worked as they should.The first time, they had me (without exaggeration) 45 minutes on the phone to tell me that a difference of 100 between the capillary and the sensor reading was normal.And yesterday I called again, it stays almost all the time in it and if it goes up it gives me a difference of 70-100.They told me that I went to a pharmacy to make me a capillary test there or to look for you to do it with one of Abbott that the glucometers we have at home are not as good as public ... This is very clear.After paying everything that is paid and of having called only 2 times in 3 years, that they swell you to questions and on top of questioning the operation of your glucometer when it is obvious that I am not in the ... the truth is that IThey want to go through the phone and shout at the whole company.

And since we are, someone who uses the Dexcom for how long does it come out?

Thanks in advance :)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
08/29/2019 10:15 a.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@"Niñaburbuja"

Hello, I use the Dexcom G6 and payment (here in Germany) 940.10 euros for a pack of 9 sensors with transmitter.Each sensor officially lasts 10 days, with what reaches me 3 months.I have not bought your reader, but I use an iPhone 6S and TB read the readings in iWatch.It works very well.On the subject of Dexcom of the forum, I think they explain how to extend the life of the sensors.I don't.

I use when I start with Abbott diabetes.And several very very bad sensors came out.I never called the distributor, until I was given a great allergy at 6 months.I put all kinds of systems (compered, tegaderm etc) and allergy followed.Call and they told me to go to a dermatologist!Until I discover that they use a damn acrylate that gives a lot of allergy and they already told the company both the British and the German authorities.So I passed me to Dexcom.

Here in Germany, Dexcom forces you to do an interactive course on a 1 hour and 15 m website and then signs a role of which you have understood how it works.They are serious.

I have only had some temporal loss of connection (15 m) and I have only given the first hours two sensors, but then as a silk.Errors with respect to capillary of 10-20 mg.I have only seen a 30 mg error once.But it was in the first reading.Ah with Dexcom the measurement delay when you take carboh is around 15-20 m, and in Abbott in my case it was 30-40 m.

In my (short) experience, Dexcom sensors are expensive but very good

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/29/2019 12:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Niñaburbuja" how strange.
I have been with the Free for 3 years and several sensors have changed me.I also pay my pocket.
The last change was in July.
I use the Free for capillaries and I had to buy the last strips because in Madrid they no longer cover them.They don't know too many in Amazon.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/29/2019 3:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have also changed enough sensors and without problems.Only once they asked me to send it first but then they replaced me without problems.It is also true that it has always been or take off or because they have not worked directly from the beginning.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/29/2019 6:58 p.m.

@"Niñaburbuja" due to sensor errors or adhesive problems and that has taken off do not usually put many problems, but due to glycemia differences with respect to the capillary they will put all the fights and for having.I changed one 1 week ago and as I already knew, I had all the differences with the Freestyle neo of more than 70mg/dl, so and all the interrogation was important, I was about 40 million to the phone giving it all kinds ofData, they just lacked if I had hair or was bald.- What is curious is that if you say that you have taken off you change it without problems, the truth is that I do not understand.

There are people who say that it is preferable to call early in the morning or late in the afternoon.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/29/2019 8:32 p.m.

@"Niñaburbuja" did not put any paste at all, in fact when I commented on the error, they told me that they sent me another sensor

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
08/29/2019 11:12 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Thank you very much for answering so fast!It must have 2 black candles put out there, although I am glad to know that I am not the only one to which these things happen.I will take into account the advice and next time I will call in the first hour, to see if there is difference.

As for Dexcom, it is expensive, but it is true that something bad of those sensors is rarely heard.

Thank you :)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
08/31/2019 9:23 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hello, I stayed to leave you the contact from where I buy the sensors in France.
Link
The pharmacy is this.They do not sell online but I sent them an email and they had no problem sending them to me.At the moment I have used one and everything great.

Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
09/02/2019 7:49 p.m.

@Vir in 2 weeks I try it ... I go for the seventh French sensor, and well, as the Spaniards suppose, with Miao Miao, very acceptable their values.

The mail I suppose you wrote it in French or speak Spanish?
Thank you

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/02/2019 8:57 p.m.

merchem said:
@vir in 2 weeks I try ... I go for the seventh French sensor, and well, as the Spaniards I suppose, with Miao Miao, very acceptable their values.

The mail I suppose you wrote it in French or speak Spanish?
Thanks

I write to you in French of the Google translator, they must laugh with the translations but they understand me jiji

Vir's profile photo
Vir
09/02/2019 9:01 p.m.

@Vir I have contacted them, but it is not clear to me if I have to organize the collection in France or if or then include in expenses and shipping, but they do not secure the package ...
Transfer payment.
Would you know me ??

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/16/2019 8:45 p.m.

merchem said:
@vir I have contacted them, but it is not clear to me if I have to organize it in France or if or then include in expenses and shipping., But they do not secure thepackage...
Transfer payment.
Would you know me ??

Hello, I also thought I had to take care of the shipment and looked for a company and everything.But then they gave me the price by adding 20 e of shipping costs (it was reasonable with what I had seen on the Internet), I did the transfer and they sent it to me.The truth is that I had no problem with them.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
09/16/2019 10:49 p.m.

What a good misinformation of news.

Link

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
09/19/2019 10:09 p.m.

A good idea insulin patches;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/19/2019 11:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I also thought I had to take care of the shipment and looked for a company and everything.But then they gave me the price by adding 20 e of shipping costs (it was reasonable with what I had seen on the Internet), I did the transfer and they sent it to me.The truth is that I had no problem with them.

50 euros for shipping costs (total 190 the 4 sensors)
But well, I keep saving to pay one more ... I get on 26.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/23/2019 8:52 p.m.

I have also had some problem to make orders on the web but I call on the phone and they immediately do it and charge and receive them in 3 or 4 days, they do not charge me shipping costs

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/27/2019 6:39 p.m.

By the way you use the free you know if the meter can regulate light intensity and duration that the light is on more than anything at night
thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/27/2019 6:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.