{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

antonimar said:
by the way you use the free you know if the meter can regulate light intensity and duration that the light is turned on more than anything at night at night
Thanks

You can't do any of the two things.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/27/2019 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good!

I have a friend in Andorra and I told him to buy me a free freestyle patch in a pharmacy.There they sell them, right?

I have told him a loose patch, which I think is € 60-70

Will it cost you to find it?It is the first time I will use it, for a trip to Japan.First year with diabetes.

All the best.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/01/2019 11:23 a.m.

@Jotabono
Hello

I don't know if they can buy in Andorra pharmacies! But I would advise you in any case that you buy several sensors for two reasons.
First, a sensor can fail / go wrong and you will be thrown out of sensors.
Second, and more importantly, you have to learn to use them and get used to interpreting the graph and readings.And learn not to overcome.They have a measure of measurement over the blood, between 20 to 30 m sometimes.You have to get used to reading and interpreting your trend (when you mark a fast descent, you may in the blood you are alreadyabove (or below) of the blood.
Oh and never put an insulin correction because the sensor tells you that you are high.If so, always co, blood test before putting corrections.I already put the leg for a couple of times.The inverse error, that the sensor says that you are low (and do not these) and start to eat is less serious.
In short, I would buy three and started using a sensor before the trip

... and good trip

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/01/2019 11:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

In Andorra online pharmacies they sell them more expensive than in Spain.
In Spain I think new users already admit and shipping is fast, or at least a few months ago.
I buy them in France online cheaper than in Spain.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
10/01/2019 9:52 p.m.

merchem said:
in Andorra online pharmacies sell them more expensive than in Spain.
In Spain I think new users already admit and shipping is fast, or at least a few months ago.

Hello in which pharmacy in particular?I asked in one that was hung here in the town of Blois, and they tell me that 232 with shipping included 4 sensors .. I bone practically the same as here.They tell me that they have uploaded the price of the sensors.Thanks in advance

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
10/03/2019 5:37 p.m.

Well, in the end I will buy my first three patches for the Spain online store.

A question, do you recommend the reader?Or with the patches and the mobile app is well?

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/04/2019 1:35 a.m.

@Jotabono

I think I remember that Abbott's reader was not very expensive.They gave me free at the hospital with a first sensor.

I activated both (just in case), but the truth is that the app (I used it on iPhone 6s) worked very well.Remember, as soon as you put the sensor, you activate it first in the reader and downside in the app.And it will work later in both.If you activate it first in the app that you will not be able to activate the sensor in your reader.

All the best

jldiazdel
10/04/2019 2:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Jotabono

This podcast (a Japon with diabetes) I think you may be interested

Link

jldiazdel
10/04/2019 4:30 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello

I have very bad results and I am determined to buy free freestyle.If I buy myomiao combined with free freestyle is it as if I had the Dexcom?With Miaomiao I understand that he warns you or pita when the glucose values ​​are very high or very low of a figure that you specify and I think that the good thing he had is that he already did this function.So now I wanted to ask you if you can tell me what the difference is or if the Dexcom and Free Freestyle+Miaomiao are exactly the same now

On the diabetic page appears the exhausted stock of Myomiao do you know any other place to buy it?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/04/2019 7:56 p.m.

fer123 said:
Hello

I have very bad results and I am determined to buy free freestyle.If I buy myomiao combined with free freestyle is it as if I had the Dexcom?With Miaomiao I understand that he warns you or pita when the glucose values ​​are very high or very low of a figure that you specify and I think that the good thing he had is that he already did this function.So now I wanted to ask you if you can tell me what the difference is or if the Dexcom and Free Freestyle+Miaomiao are exactly the same now

On the diabetic page appears the exhausted stock of Myomiao do you know any other place to buy it?

The combination of myomiao with free freestyle can be considered equal to Dexcom.
The difference between these two systems is precision and calibration.Dexcom is more precise than free freestyle, but FS free never requires calibrating.
Miaomiao is exhausted because version 2 has already come out: Miaomiao 2.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/04/2019 9:07 p.m.

sugarluis said:
merchem said:
in Andorra online pharmacies sell them more expensive than in Spain.

Hello in which pharmacy in particular?I asked in one that was hung here in the town of Blois, and they tell me that 232 with shipping included 4 sensors .. I bone practically the same as here.They tell me that they have uploaded the price of the sensors.Thanks in advance

Hello, I'm going to try to make my second order to Blois's pharmacy to see how much they ask me.My first order were 5 sensors for 210 e.As I upload the price I look for another because on their website they are still at the same price.With me they behaved well but it gives me the feeling that they are taking advantage of what you have told.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
10/06/2019 8:03 p.m.

Hello again, with respect to buying the sensors in France, in some pharmacy they tell me that they cannot be used with a reader of another country .... I am not very sure, but I think that Abbot does not want us to buy the sensors in France ..Because I doubt that a "France" sensor does not work with a "Spain" reader, if in theory all of the same factories will be theory and with the same standards, correct me if I can make mistakes.All the best

sugarluis
10/11/2019 12:40 p.m.

amiranda said:
@sugarluis I have never bought sensors in Spain.Those who use are the French that I buy online or when I go to Paris for labor issues.I measure them with my mobile app ... And without problems.I can't tell you about the reader.

Thanks Amiranda.I would say that nothing happens, I have the application anyway so I don't think anything happens.It makes no sense to make sensors for each country.All the best

sugarluis
10/11/2019 2:30 p.m.

sugarluis said:
hello again, regard to buying sensors in France, in a pharmacy they tell me that they cannot be used with another country reader .... I'm not sure, butI think Abbot does not want us to buy the sensors in France ... because I doubt that a "France" sensor does not work with a "Spain" reader, if all of the same factories will come out in theory and with the same standards, correct me if I canwrongGREETING

@Suguguis I already have a few sensors bought in France and I had no problem or with a freestyle reader (Spanish) or with the application of the mobile.All the best

jasom's profile photo
jasom
10/11/2019 4:36 p.m.

jasom said:
sugarluis said:
hello again, regarding buying the sensors in France, in some pharmacy they tell me that they cannot be used with readerFrom another country ... I am not sure, but I think that Abbot does not want us to buy the sensors in France ... because I doubt that a "France" sensor does not work with a "Spain" reader, if in theory everyone will come out ofThe same factories and with the same standards, correct me if I can be wrong.GREETING

@Suguguis I already have a few sensors bought in France and I had no problem or with a freestyle reader (Spanish) or with the application of the mobile.All the best

Thank you, I will try without hesitation ;-)

sugarluis
10/11/2019 9:05 p.m.

To the 12 good goodbye, he tells me that he does not work and changes it.I called Abbott for change, and all normal, the strange thing was that the next day they called me to know if it was from the SS and my age.
They seem to stop replacing or something.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2019 1:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sugarluis said:
hello again, regard to buying sensors in France, in a pharmacy they tell me that they cannot be used with another country reader .... I'm not sure, butI think Abbot does not want us to buy the sensors in France ... because I doubt that a "France" sensor does not work with a "Spain" reader, if all of the same factories will come out in theory and with the same standards, correct me if I canwrongGREETING

I have 1300 euros in sensors to 52 euros each.PortugueseSpanish reader.Not a single problem.

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
10/19/2019 12:16 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

For those in Madrid: I have been told in the CAP that the nurses are doing a course of continuous meters, Dexcom, Freestyle and another that did not see well what it was.

As I have been told, the financing seems to be imminent, prior favorable report of the endocrine.

Finally this is really moved, it is a money every month, the punishment tax for being diabetic.

On the other hand, not everything is good news, it seems that the Madrid administration is stopping buying small BD needles, so it will be time to put a claim and at the moment using the BD of 8 very diagonally, because the rest of the brands revince me.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/20/2019 11:18 p.m.

Well, my nurse has told me that nothing at all has changed the glucometer with new strips because I don't give me optium for free.
The sensors do not expect until well into 2020.
In December I will ask the endo again, to see if they cover it or again only for those with high and poorly controlled levels.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/21/2019 7:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
because my nurse has told me that nothing has changed my glucometer with new strips because they no longer give me optium for free.
The sensors do not expect until well into 2020.
In December I will ask the endo again, to see if they cover it or again only for those with high and poorly controlled levels.

Well, it's weird, I'm going to the sensor in mid -November, and I have a stable diabetes for now ... and they will put it on me.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
10/21/2019 11:56 a.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.