{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

vir said:
hello, could someone pass me a link to buy the sensors in France or another cheaper place please?Thanks

Link

I buy them here, but with international shipping and that only sell 2, you save little, 10 euros per sensor

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
08/12/2019 10:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

merchem said:
vir said:
hello, could someone pass me a link to buy the sensors in France or another cheaper site please?Thanks

Link

I buy them here, but with international shipping and that only sell 2, you save little, 10 euros per sensor

Taking advantage of vacations in France, I bought 2 sensors in a pharmacy in Paris, € 37 each, € 74.As they pass in Spain.

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
08/16/2019 12:56 p.m.

Good afternoon!Am I thinking of buying the free freestyle ... Any recommendation?Or do another sensor choose?Thank you

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
08/17/2019 7:20 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

@vandorta
Very good idea!
I had to leave them because they gave me allergy.And I passed to Dexcom G6.
If your budget allows it, I think that Dexcom is much better.It is a real monitor.He sends you the signal to the mobile app every 5 m and in general they work very well.But it is very expensive.About 1000 euros every 3 months.Even though there are programs to extend the life of sensors (10 days).

In any case, Abbott is very good.And there are also programs to turn it into a real monitor.

But you will have to learn to handle it with care and head.It has a delay with respect to the blood of more than 20 m.In my case, I checked q around 30 m.That is, when you eat the sensor it will take to pick it up.And when you are down, you will be in blood somewhat lower than the sensor tells you.The trend usually works.But it has error (20 ml and sometimes more!).That means that you don't think about correcting you with insulin without really checking blood like these.I put my leg a couple of times!Inversely, if you eat because the sensor says that you are low and you are not the thing is less serious.

But it is very useful, your HB will lower you and improve the quality of life.

Greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/18/2019 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@vandorta then it depends a little on your budget, the freestyle if they will not finance it you already know what it costs (€ 59 -14 days) and the benefits that you will give you, if you do not put a Bluetooth transmitter on top to see itIn the mobile directly and have alarms (myomiao, blucon or some other that I do not remember the name) you have to spend a reader or mobile to see the glycemias.-

Another option is the Guardian Connect of Medtronic if you have a compatible smartphone and if you can afford it economically dexcom G5 or G6 that although it is something more expensive, it is the best of all and there are truquillos to stretch the sensors a few more days.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/18/2019 11:52 a.m.

merchem said:
vir said:
hello, could someone pass me a link to buy the sensors in France or another cheaper site please?Thanks

Link

Thank you very much, I found a pharmacy that has sold me for 37e.You can buy those you want.Shipping without 20e but is worth it.I have not tried them yet but according to the comments I suppose they will work.They do not sell online but I asked for the favor and they have done it to me.
Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/18/2019 5:47 p.m.

Thank you very much, I found a pharmacy that has sold me for 37e.You can buy those you want.Shipping without 20e but is worth it.I have not tried them yet but according to the comments I suppose they will work.They do not sell online but I asked for the favor and they have done it to me.
Greetings
@Vir Jo, because it is a bargain .... I just asked for 2, using the "discount points for each purchase" that are 5 euros for every 5 sensors, it hurts that it has been like a favor ☹️☹️☹️☹️ ....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
08/18/2019 10:29 p.m.

Hello people, without many comments, take a look at this: Link

Edited by Fer: This campaign has nothing to do with the forum, please, if the link still works and you want to help, you can open the campaign and denounce it, I hope that they will withdraw it.

Ivan1995's profile photo
Ivan1995
08/21/2019 11:37 a.m.

Eye
It is probably honest and each one who does what he wants.But there have been unfortunately many scams with these things and collections of private funds, not by institutions or foundations, which then disappear.

I have only curious that I say "the idea is to raise funds through diabetesforo.com help buy it for everything that needs it"!But "Darko Tkalcevic", which organizes the background, does it through another website.

As I have said each one that assumes its risks and I hope it is an honest and real background.

jldiazdel
08/21/2019 11:54 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Ivan1995 How have you reached that link?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/22/2019 2:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, I totally dema the participation of the forum in this crowdfunding campaign, as I see it, it is a scam, I will see how you can report the initiative on that platform, if anyone knows how, or has already done so, I appreciate help inThis topic.

Thank you all !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2019 4:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

nigiri said:
@ivan1995 How have you reached that link?

I answer myself, it is the one who has created it, Mail there and here in the user.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2019 4:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Unfortunate that these things happen!

jldiazdel
08/22/2019 5:21 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

What barbarity, @fer, what little shame does people have

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/23/2019 2 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

"The idea is to make a list with the people who contact us and as we have sufficient funds, even for 1 meter, the money would be sent for the purchase on your own"
This phrase summarizes everything, good understanding ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2019 2:56 p.m.

meginer said:
I really do not see too many advantages, just to puncture and the fact that you can be every two minutes if you want, measuring the blood glucose.But in reality what I think would come to me and what really would be an advance, would be a system similar to this but that I had some type of alarm to warn you in the face of hypoglycemia.It occurs for example sleeping.With the sensor put and some type of device that will let you know if the low glycemia at a default level.This would avoid important hypoglycemia, I have had several very strong, in 30 and even less, and totally asymptomatic, and they give me dread because I know people who have not told it.I remember when the clock came out, that would have been a great invention.But it's like everything, it doesn't interest, and it's a shame.Hugs.

Elena

There is myomiao that can be attached to free and has alarms

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
08/24/2019 12:18 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

And there is also the gluconightwatch, a company in Valencia produces and the reader is put with a tape.I use the beta version last year (before allergy to Abbott sensors) and worked perfect.It emits every 5 m to the mobile and with alarms.The reader's battery is impressive.I used it at night.And it was great.

And the freestylelibre2 is already marketed in Germany, which has automatic alarms.Even if it still does not be a real -time monitor.But they say they have also improved precision.To check.And maybe they have already changed the damn acrylate that produces so much allergy!

Greetings

jldiazdel
08/24/2019 1:06 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

merchem said:

Greetings

@Vir Jo, because it is a bargain .... I just asked for 2, using the "discount points for each purchase" that are 5 euros for every 5 sensors, it hurts that it has been like a favor ☹️☹️☹️☹️ ....

I'm going to talk to them and tell you if you are interested in continuing to sell in Spain.The truth is that economically comes great.I bought 5 by 210 with shipping costs included.In Spain 5 they are 300e.Although I fail one, I still save 30 E.In a couple of days I have to change the one I carry, I try the Frenchman and if there is no problem I talk to them and leave the link in the forum.
Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/25/2019 10:33 a.m.

Hello!!

This morning, after several Low measurements that were not such (proven with glucometer), an error message has appeared, something like " sensor error, start new sensor , ofHEHCO Now I don't get any active sensor .. the one that had been in 4 days:#

In the event record, er3, 365, p , I have looked at the search engine but I have not seen that no one has put it.

Tomorrow I will call Abbott, that I want to know why this happens .. The sensor was not taken off, nor had he received any blow or anything, in fact I was on the couch quietly.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
08/25/2019 11:16 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Hello that is a sensor failure.It happened to me but always with the newly put sensor.They should change it to you, the only thing you don't say that you only have 4 days because you can put on you.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/25/2019 1:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.