{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

In case someone is interested, I sell 5 sensors for € 220 of my son who does not use them because he is now with the Dexcom G6, expired in February 2020.

ANGEL

MOBIL 637547029

ahn's profile photo
ahn
04/22/2019 11:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Chic@ s, has any@ led a sensor without activating 14 days?
I put one on Sunday and Monday began to measure very low and spent many hours with "lo", total that I put another one in anticipation of calling the next day to claim the one who is going wrong, thinking that it would be all night.
Suddenly it has recovered and works well, total that I carry two sensors, one without starting for 12 days and that has managed alone.
Now I panic that the one who is without starting falls.I lost one doing kayak at 3 hours after starting it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/17/2019 10:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello,
Put on some water resistant patch in which you have started and the safest I hold on.
It happens to me that they have a deviation of more than 50 in the 3 ulithm sensors that bought before the update that Abbott did and I do not know if those sensors are a bad game or that they are not calibrated well with the new updateOr even I doubt my glucometer, a rare thing because I have been with him for a long time and with the sensors prior to these 3 I was great differentia from +- 10.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
07/17/2019 10:58 a.m.

I am a computer expert and I say, if you can crack programs of thousands of euros, how noses nobody has already put the sensors to make them more durable?It is a matter of analyzing how the accountant works and stopping once activated.It is feasible to do so, unless it is limited by hardware, then the hack would be more difficult.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
07/17/2019 10:01 p.m.

I have opened an exhausted sensor to see how it works, and wears a button pile inside and I suppose my knowledge of electronics, they do not give to do reverse engineering, which will be because the battery after 14 days will no longer maintain enough energy forThat the data is reliable, because I suppose the sensor will work until the battery is exhausted, if there are already problems with the newly released sensors imagine what will happen when the battery is in the last

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
07/17/2019 11:25 p.m.

txitxo said:
I have opened an exhausted sensor to see how it works, and wears a button pile inside and I suppose my knowledge of electronics, they do not give to do reverse engineering, which will be why thePile after 14 days you will not maintain enough energy so that the data is reliable, because I suppose the sensor will work until the battery is exhausted, if there are already problems with the newly released sensors imagine what will happen when the battery is in theLast

With the XDrip app, the sensor's life can be extended if you also carry myomiao, although the sensor has still died, but I have proven that the deviations are huge and nothing reliable ...

sil's profile photo
sil
07/18/2019 11 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

I have had a run of 4 defective sensors that have changed me.
The funny thing is that I have not updated the glucometer and measures the same as the app that is, shouldn't they measure different?Well no.

The useful life of the sensor is a combination of HW and SW.Although piety you can crack the SW, you need to crack the HW code.And I think you won't lengthen much more than 5 or 6 days

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/19/2019 7:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not understand the update of the app. On the mobile I do not get any update, I have uninstalled it and re -install and apparently the app is exactly the same as the previous one and on the computer what is different now is the LibreView,No?I don't understand how much jaleo, the glucometer How to update?

To me the last sensor has also been defective, I just put a new one, I hope this is going well

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/22/2019 6:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The app is updated alone if you have the mobile configured to do it when wifi caught.
The glucometer you have to update by connecting it to the PC but it seems that there are problems.I have not updated it, so I am surprised that they measure the same when they proclaim all hype that there has been an improvement.

The sensor he used now measures 30 or 40 below the capillary with the mobile and the glucometer.He was a whole day with him.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/22/2019 9:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My question is as follows:
Free, apart from not having to click on your finger, does anything else?I do not understand the love you have for this meter, since it does not calculate the bowling.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
07/28/2019 8:48 p.m.

What asks!
Do you think little?
Imagine that you do skiing at least ten degrees and want to know how you are.Are you going to prick your finger?
Apart from allowing you to sports safely (I would not advise anyone to do demanding sports without a MCG), I allowed me to know me and know how I reacted to the CH and calculate my factor when I start with the DM1.I avoid many hypos and also helped me to correct in time up for not calculating the CH.

It is a great invention.The only problem is that times the sensors do not work as they should!And that causes you a anger sensation, because you get used to them.
The new ABBOTT sensor (Freestyle Free 2) also incorporates alarm, for nights.A great help especially without you are young and you walk with the revolt hormones.In any case, it is still NFC and here that the mobile or reader approaches to know how you are glucose.
To me the Abbott sensor allergy and passed me to Dexcom G6 (q is a real MCG that works via Bluetooth).It is a very useful to have a good HB and in my case it allows me to do sports safely.In the case of Dexcom, I see the readings that automatically send the iPhone and control them on the clock.And it has alarms.Simpler and more impossible.
I guess if you have been with diabetes for a long time and you have become accustomed to clicking and you know your body and insulin factors well, you don't think it's a very useful pot.Even so, I recommend it.And then you will see the ups and downs in real time.You just have to get used to using it with head and not overreacciously.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/29/2019 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

After 14 days with a sensor stuck but without activating .... Don't be activated !!!!
Give the 60 min and you can activate it again, and so on everything you want .... The message "checks your sensor. If you are not in contact with the skin, remove the sensor and start a new one. You willhas applied correctly, try to start the sensor again "...
They change it to me because I do not know if it is to take it so much inactive or because it was already defective and it was not going to activate in any way.
When removed, the needle was well inserted, so it allowed to restart it all the time and did not detect it as exhausted.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2019 11:31 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, could someone pass me a link to buy the sensors in France or another cheaper place please?Thank you

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/06/2019 7 p.m.

I told my endocrine that they already subsidized free freestyle and that I wantedSensors, they told me that everything I need is asked before the material is over. I just released my first sensor and I am very happy, there is a difference of 5, 10, 15, sometimes something else between the GC and theGi I have avoided hypo when they were starting, because before I notice when I was already in 30 and it was hard for me to go back.I like to know how glucose evolves throughout the day and night, provides a lot of information to control myself better, thank you all why I am learning a lot from you, I always read you that I can.All the best.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
08/09/2019 8:06 p.m.

@"Marybe Days"
Brilliant !You will love to know how these and how you evolve.And surely you learn a lot how your body reacts.And surely you will improve your HB because you will avoid many climbs on time and the descents.It was very useful to me.

But remember that sooner or later a sensor will be "frog."And that will be angry!Those of Abbott only use them 9 months and I had one in particular with differences of up to 90 mg!A barbarity.But the trend and ups and downs gathered them in general.

In my case, from which I ate something until the sensor picked it up, it took a 30 m average.So be patient.Because I put the leg first times!I had a descent.Take a juice.And the sensor did not go up.At 45 m plus or less the curve who drew was like the Everest mountain.And then I had to put insulin!A disaster

Ah!And don't put an insulin correction without really checking how you are!I ever put my leg.Well many.If the sensor says that you are 180 and want to correct yourself, check it before in blood.You may really be 120 and if you get insulin then you have a juice!If that happens to you at night, like me, it's not pleasant, why you won't sleep well all night!Remember that the trend marks well, in general.But you will learn and see how they work.Each sensor is a world.

My only suggestion is, if you doubt check in blood before these.The sensor is a very useful tool, but you cannot trust the blindly unfortunately.At first I got angry with my endocrine until I learned how they work.Because they don't take it every day like you.And that makes the difference.

And if you do sports they are very important and useful.

I have written more!Greetings

jldiazdel
08/09/2019 9:17 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have recently failed two sensors consecutively.The first, on the fourth day of use, after leaving the reader the message "Try it after 10 minutes", finally came the message that a new sensor began.The same thing happened with the second.
In both cases I have claimed Abbott and after three days I have had new sensors at my home at no cost.In the shipments of the new ones they accompany a preferred envelope to refer to the defective sensors.
In the 18 months that I have been using this ingenuity, it is the first time I have had this incidence.
I guess they have had a failure in the manufacture of a sensor game.
ABBott's customer service works very well.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
08/10/2019 7:01 p.m.

What happened to me in the last 5 or 6 sensors, I put it on the night before and active in the morning and as in the activation time it is slightly under the sensor marks me 40-50 mg/dl below,That is, today I have risen in 110 (by activating it 80 mg/dl) and the 65 sensor and from there it does not move, when you start eating and varying the glucose is when the accuracy is improving but it can take perfectly 1 day or 2That in the end I have to calibrate with Miaomiao and XDRIP.- I still do not understand how Abbott still does not take out an app that allows calibration when the sensors have so much deviation, so much will cost them .. ??The rest of MCG can or should calibrate with a capillary for greater reliability,

On the other hand, in Germany and France I think they were already selling the new sensors with the component of the changed adhesive that caused the reactions and allergies, someone knows if they have arrived here or will arrive at some point or will continue to sell us and give the hospitalsAll the morla that is being left in stock ..?As we are always the last of the row and take us for the whistle of a serene.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/11/2019 12:01 p.m.

Yes, I confirm it, in Germany the free is now available for some time. And the app with the new sensor is already compatible.Of course, the Abbott reader if you want to use you have to buy the new one.It is not compatible.And it has alarms.They ensure on their page that precision has improved according to clinical studies that they have done.

Here is an Abbott agreement with German health.That is why here the distribution restrictions are less strong.There is no waiting tail and the limits in the number of sensors to ask for is high.The last one I asked, left up to 6 sensors at the request.

Yes, a shame that in Spain the SS does not put more effort and interest.Regrettable.

jldiazdel
08/11/2019 12:35 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel yes, Freestyle 2 knew that it was already being sold in Germany, I said they had begun to manufacture sensors without the adhesive component that causes allergies and irritations to many people who use them, I included.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/11/2019 1:43 p.m.

@sigsauer

That is very good news!

jldiazdel
08/11/2019 1:47 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.