{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Good to all,

I just debuted in a type 1 diabetes, just three weeks ago that I am at home, and well, I learn day by day, both to measure glucose at the right times and in the use of hydrates rations, I think I have a lotgood.I have already been looking at Abott's free freestyle, and well, I am interested in acquiring it, but on its website it says that due to the high demand, they only let it buy from current customers.

Do you know if there is any alternative way to buy it, as well as to pay me to send me the sensors every "x" time?

All the best!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/07/2019 2:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jotabono There is no alternative means to buy the freestyle, on its page they do not let new customers enter and for the moment in Spain they are only financing those under 18 years of age or older than 18 years of age with some conditions, inadvertent hypoglycemia, very bad control, very bad controletc, etc.It is said that free financing will be approved for all people in Social Security, time will say.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/07/2019 10:17 a.m.

@Ferle because it doesn't bother me.I carry it two fingers below the rubber of the underwear, that is, I never feel about the sensor.It is much above the area where I feel.I sleep about him, but I don't notice.I make normal life except for those who see me measure with something strange (glucometer) or mobile by the buttock.
I have not protected it for several months because it gave me an adhesive allergy I use.It is fastened well with underwear.
I am careful when putting pants or stockings, but nothing more.
It measures me well, very close to the capillary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2019 12:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have control blood analysis every six months.One of the indexes that I hope to see is the value of glyd hemoglobin, during the entel it serves as a value of the estimated A1C that give the reports of the free freestyle, but I have doubts about the reliability of this number.Do you have experience on this matter?

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
01/10/2019 8:22 p.m.

In December with the XDrip data, nailed, with the Free data this marked 0.2 below.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/10/2019 9:45 p.m.

It gives me a little above what the freestyle @"ton" marks me if it marks 5.8 in the device in the analytics gives me 6.2 and when it has marked 6.2 in the analytics it has given me6.8.I usually be between 6.2 and 6.8

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/10/2019 10:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, above the real value.
I just did the analytics yesterday ... 5.5 of Glico and the free gives me 5.8%.It is also true that the last sensors mark more glycemia than the real.
Before making the analytics I mediate me and I had 100mg/dl, the blood result is 62 mg/dl.

I have put on a new sensor and go 40-50 above ... They are the last ones I bought.Really bad as you commented and some posts.So .. based on strips before eating in case.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2019 1:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The one that I have was going so well until this morning, is 4 days to overcome and deviate a life.60 in sensor and 108 capillary.I would blame excessive heat or that.: |

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/15/2019 10:24 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Link

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
01/16/2019 7:33 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Confirmed at least in my case .. 10 days perfect and the last 4 days it is easily deviated 50% just medium in sensor 65 and capillary 120 nose if it is abbott or what will be but it is frustrating I can even calibrate since no app is enabled in theAPSTOR OF MY COUNTRY.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/18/2019 2:04 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

I can complain with real sensor data, capillary measured with the free and analytics of the SS.
They cannot deny that the sensor is wrong.
Capillary: 75
Analytical: 62
Sensor: 112
But with the tolerance so high that they regulate this system, there is nothing to do

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2019 8:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Something similar happens to me, the first 6 days 25-40 mg/dl above, between day 7 and 12 it seems that it is calibrated and is going very well and the last 2 days gives me lower than the capillary;The truth is that it gives me a bit the same because I use Miao Miao or the Blucon and with XDRIP and Glimp calibrated they are almost like a clock;If I only use the freestyle to hair I think I would have changed the system.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/18/2019 10:49 a.m.

Notice in case you are fair of sensors: it seems that all orders this month have delay.In Abbott they have said that they have problems in the warehouse again and that they can take up to 3 weeks to send.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/18/2019 11:24 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

ruthbia said:
I can complain with real sensor data, capillary measured with the free and analytics of the SS.
They cannot deny that the sensor is wrong.
Capillary: 75
Analytical: 62
Sensor: 112
But with the tolerance so high that they regulate this system, there is nothing to do

Are those differences only now?With these last sensors?Or always?It happens to me since October more or less and I use free a year ago.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/18/2019 11:39 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

The only thing I have as an alternative in my country is the Medtronic sensor that is exaggeratedly expensive and to top it off a ridiculous amount of calibrations per day that make no sense, so I still did not leave free.I am waiting for the Dexcom G6 to arrive in Argentina at least and there to make accounts and see if I can stretch from there.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/18/2019 11:50 a.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

pgarcía said:
notice in case you are fair of sensors: it seems that all orders of this month have delay.In Abbott they have said that they have problems in the warehouse again and that they can take up to 3 weeks to send.

I was just going to ask why I made an order this week and I don't know anything about them ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/18/2019 9:02 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hello.I've been using Freestyle more than a year.At first everything was going great, but lately the sensors have more variation, some have produced allergy and the last two are scandal.I put it on, I wait for it to activate, and when measuring I get the message of "sensor not available, wait 10 minutes" and when you return when you pass it that the "sensor does not work, replace it with a new one."The latter has happened to me twice, calling Abbott tell me that they send me an envelope to return it and that in about four weeks they will return a new one.!!! 4 weeks !!!!I want to think that it is a spiker that has come out bad and that it has touched me.But how long for 4 weeks to return a sensor is a barbarity ... Is someone else?

Awicky3's profile photo
Awicky3
01/24/2019 11:20 a.m.

They must be the same again with the delays, I made an order on January 13 and nothing, without news

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/25/2019 1:15 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Indeed there have been delays this month.From what I have read in Facebook groups, the day after 25 had begun to arrive the orders of the people who had done it on day 3. That is more than 3 weeks late.I hope you have already solved the jam and begin to arrive the rest of the orders this month.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/27/2019 11:41 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Good morning.I made the order on the 13th and I had a sensor that had to put me today but has given me a sensor's failure :( I don't know how long the order will come to me.
Someone from Madrid who wants to sell me one?

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/27/2019 12:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.