{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Yes, yes .. mine is also on its way and I asked yesterday.Well .. little by little we return to normal

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2018 6:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello!I am thinking of acquiring the free freestyle kit and I have some doubts.Forgive if these doubts have already solved them, but I do not have time to read the 111 pages of this thread: S
- The endocrine told me that, before buying it, he told him because he could get it (I suppose he would be the reader and a sensor ... Has anyone achieved it for social security?).I think it would hurt to save what the sensor is worth.
- I can't afford to spend 120 euros on sensors every month, so my idea is to use it for vacations/special occasions.Nothing will happen to the reader for not using it for a season, right?
- A sensor lasts about 14 days.Do you know any trick to extend the sensor's life?
Thank you very much in advance!:)

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
08/06/2018 11:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.If you have an Android mobile with NFC you don't need or buy the reader, simply with the sensor and mobile you already work.If your endo gets a sensor to try, do not need to make any initial investment.That I know there is no way to extend the sensor more than 12-24h additional using another app that is not Abott's, Glimp for example.You will see how you get hooked!All the best.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/07/2018 10:32 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

anuska said:
Hello!I am thinking of acquiring the free freestyle kit and I have some doubts.Forgive if these doubts have already solved them, but I do not have time to read the 111 pages of this thread: S
- The endocrine told me that, before buying it, he told him because he could get it (I suppose he would be the reader and a sensor ... Has anyone achieved it for social security?).I think it would be good to save what the sensor is worth.
I have asked about the Infanta Sofia de Alcobendas hospital and there they know nothing :(

anuska said:
- I can't afford to spend 120 euros on sensors every month, so my idea is to use it for vacations/special occasions.Nothing will happen to the reader for not using it for a season, right?

Nothing happens, no problem

anuska said:
anuska said:
- a sensor lasts about 14 days.Do you know any trick to extend the sensor's life?
Thank you very much in advance!: ...

I know that with mobile applications you can lengthen "something" the life of the sensor, but I think that no more than 24 hours (once I tried and did not reach me to 5 hours other) if you are not used to using free I think I don't thinkYou compensate for you with the time won

What I recommend and much, is that when you are going to use the sensor, you put it on and do not activate it up to a day later, and that when you activate it it is at a time that you have the stable sugar, with this minimized the gap ofthe sensor/capillary readings of which the sensor suffers in its first days

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/08/2018 11:33 a.m.

Another sensor that active and dies without giving signs.
I've called Abbott and they change it as usual but I'm on vacation without a sensor and almost without strips because I didn't think I was going to fail me :(

@"Anuska" apart from what you have been told here (activate it 24 -30 hours after having put it, be stable for calibration) if you do not buy the sensor you have to activate it with an app Gimp s and then the glimp formeasure daily.ABBott's own app, I'm not sure, it doesn't activate sensors.I have not yet used it to activate

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/08/2018 3:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I've been a while for the sensors to come to me in poor condition every 2 by 3. Does it happen to you?Sometimes the needle is not stuck well and last night for example the paste had what I from hair (imagine the hair I have).And since my son is 2 years old they tell us that since he is not approved in children under 4 years, because they do not subsidize them and do not change them when they are defective.What a panda of sausages

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
08/15/2018 1:05 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Yes ... glue less.I notice when putting it, I'm afraid to remove the applicator because I see that he is not well stuck.How can I try to catch how little it stands out while it is very slowly shot from the applicator.I quickly put an adhesive.
This one that we carry sensational, the difference with the capillary is 1md/dl few come out like this.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/15/2018 1:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" The sensors that come good is sorry to take them away when they expire, you get to take love.The problem of the glue can also be due to heat, since we sweat more, I put fixomull over the sensor and what I have noticed is that the fixomull in summer is detached much earlier, but the sensor is still well stuck.Now in the summer I usually place the sensor after showering with cold water, which I am very cool.

@"Dalu" although I am scratched to give the reason to a multinational one must recognize that it does not behave badly in most cases: many of us, among which I find myself, ask for the change of the sensor after having torn it for a blowaccidental and change it without problems, except for some specific case that they will know why they do.And in the instructions that accompanies the sensors it makes it clear the age of the people to which it is intended, and it is you who have to assume the risk.We deceive them more, like good Spaniards, than them (it is recorded that consciousness is not enough for me).

runing50's profile photo
runing50
08/15/2018 5:34 p.m.

@dalu @"ruthbia" I have also had problems lately, with one I did not nail my needle, he folded, with which I just put it seems well it works well but yesterday he gave me a couple of mistakes, he told me that I would wait tenMinutes to be able to measure, after a while it worked well, and in June with another it told me that I could not measure that the sensor was very hot and then it also kept working well.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/15/2018 7:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I am from Argentina and a failed one also came to me.Just the last one and on a Friday :( I placed it and told me to try in 10 minutes, as at 5hs he died at all. I've already had almost a week without sensors and probably another one because we have a holiday.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
08/15/2018 10:41 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

I do not know if there in Argentina they have put the restriction of sensors in Spain (yes, so advanced that it is the only country of the US where the sensors restrict us), but when we could ask for those who would like, I always askedThe sensors when I still had several left, to prevent problems of this type, and when I went on a trip I always took one of more spare.When I did the Cº de Santiago last year, the sensor started when leaving the shower of the Pamplona shelter, and thanks that I had the spare.Now that they give them to us when I go on a trip I take if I have, and if I do not stay, I leave with the position and singing short.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
08/15/2018 11:03 p.m.

@"Running50" I do the same.Every 25 days I order 3 sensors (I always have 3 reserve) and I always travel with 1 more but the last failed and pull capillaries.
Now I go again and the first thing that has gone to the suitcase is the sensor, tape to cover it and a box of needles.Insulin in the thermal bag, double roads ... that outside of Spain they cannot be bought so easily.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/17/2018 1:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Dear Meginer:
I send you this article in case it can be useful.

ISMA.

Type 1 diabetes management with a very poor carbohydrate diet

Lennerz Bs, Barton A, Bernstein RK, et al.

Pediatrics2018 Jun;141 (6): E20173349.

The glycemic control was evaluated in children and adults with type 1 diabetes (DT1) that consumed a very poor carbohydrate diet (DMPC).An online survey was carried out to adults and parents of children with DT1, glucosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) was measured, change during diet, the total daily dose of insulin and adverse events.

Among the 316 participants, 131 (41%) were parents of children with diabetes.The Middle Ages at the time of diagnosis was 16 ± 14 years, the average duration 11 ± 13 years and the follow -up time of the DMPC was 2.2 ± 3.9 years.The daily average carbohydrate intake was 36 ± 15 g.The HBA1C concentration was 5.67 ± 0.66%.Only 7 participants (2%) declared having suffered an income related to diabetes in the last year, including 4 by ketoacidosis and 2 for hypoglycemia.

Therefore, a DMPC associated with an extraordinary glycemic control and a minimum rate of adverse events between pediatric and adult patients with DT1.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
08/20/2018 7:37 p.m.

erpla said:
hello.If you have an Android mobile with NFC you don't need or buy the reader, simply with the sensor and mobile you already work.If your endo gets a sensor to try, do not need to make any initial investment.That I know there is no way to extend the sensor more than 12-24h additional using another app that is not Abott's, Glimp for example.You will see how you get hooked!All the best.

Hello.A long time ago, reading with the iPhone is also operational but I think from model 7

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
08/26/2018 5 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

What does this have to do with Freestyle?

isma said:
estimated meginer:
I send you this article in case it can be useful.

ISMA.

Type 1 diabetes management with a very poor carbohydrate diet

Lennerz Bs, Barton A, Bernstein RK, et al.

Pediatrics2018 Jun;141 (6): E20173349.

The glycemic control was evaluated in children and adults with type 1 diabetes (DT1) that consumed a very poor carbohydrate diet (DMPC).An online survey was carried out to adults and parents of children with DT1, glucosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) was measured, change during diet, the total daily dose of insulin and adverse events.

Among the 316 participants, 131 (41%) were parents of children with diabetes.The Middle Ages at the time of diagnosis was 16 ± 14 years, the average duration 11 ± 13 years and the follow -up time of the DMPC was 2.2 ± 3.9 years.The daily average carbohydrate intake was 36 ± 15 g.The HBA1C concentration was 5.67 ± 0.66%.Only 7 participants (2%) declared having suffered an income related to diabetes in the last year, including 4 by ketoacidosis and 2 for hypoglycemia.

Therefore, a DMPC associated with an extraordinary glycemic control and a minimum rate of adverse events between pediatric and adult patients with DT1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/26/2018 11:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Has anyone spoiled the freestyle reader?
I no longer recognize my hair strips.He doesn't make contact well and I have to put something that pressure to use the strips.
I bother having to ask for another.
Have you tried if the mobile app starts the sensor?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/26/2018 11:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Does anyone spoiled the freestyle reader?
I no longer recognize my hair strips.He doesn't make contact well and I have to put something that pressure to use the strips.

The same thing happens to me with the reader, I have already caught the trick to go, although it is a nuisance.I will try to have my nurse a new one.
The app does start sensors but if you start it with the mobile then you can't do it with the reader.To the contrary.

beeyou's profile photo
beeyou
08/27/2018 12:20 a.m.

Thanks Salvador, I would appreciate information about the meter ... I'm thinking of putting it on, because I measure me every day 6 times and I have a fingers made a calamity. Thank you again ... I will be aware :)

ernesto said:
@Salvador is the best for your mother.
I will give you information about what happens at night and how it is evolving up or down that is what is needed to be able to make the right decisions.
You will have to get used to the reading it gives, since blood glycemia does not measure but the interstitial and may not have the same value as that of blood, but the thunder box is the interstitial.
If next week I can, prepare information about this

maríajosé33's profile photo
maríajosé33
08/27/2018 12:38 a.m.

ruthbia said:
Does anyone spoiled the freestyle reader?

My sister was spoiled and sent a new one.It is supposed to have guarantee so they would have to solve it.In the case of my sister, the free readings did not work either but if the blood reading does not go they would also have to give you a new one.Call to see what solution they give you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/27/2018 10:22 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The truth is any glucometer that has failed me, of different!I have called and send me a new one, and, the case of Abbot, very fast.I have changed a few ...

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
08/27/2018 10:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.