{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Well, I bought the machine with the two sensors 3 and a half weeks ago knowing that it was going to take to arrive, I release the first sensor yesterday but I had no plan to buy even more in case I was not good or something although seeing how things areI will touch me to advance money and take them from now and even at risk of taking it with 3 weeks of margin, they will not get to me ... what horror.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
03/14/2018 1:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I ask for the sensors of 6 in 6, but I do not ask for the expiration dates.The next order will be 2 as they have told me.We will see what the others that these months do.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2018 11:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello
I do not know if this is the concrete thread to ask this but hey, as a couple of months ago it has been spoken, to see if someone has any idea.I always give myPut me under a compeed one, but he swells little by little until the last sensor that I put stopped working 2 days before.The latter I have tried to put it on top of a somewhat more finest hydrocololid dressing than the compeed but I see that it is degrading and I have only 4 days with it.I have seen that some protect the sensor with Kinesiotope, I thought that next time I can put the kinesiotope under the sensor, what experience do you have with that?Do you think can endure the 14 days?I have also seen that @sigsauer has used some anti -friction dressings of Hansaplast, how do they work for you? Do they sell them in the pharmacy?The truth is that this issue is assuming me ... thank you very much!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/15/2018 4:21 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Erpla" to me the Hansaplast antirozaduras under the sensor avoids the allergy, I put a layer of nobecuta or skin tac tac, the hansaplast and the sensor ... the kinesiotope I put it "on top" to protect the sensor orTHE BLUCON.- They sell them on the Internet, in pharmacies, I have even seen it in some supermarkets.- The Hansaplast is thinner than the compeed and it endures me well.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/15/2018 10:15 p.m.

@"Erpla" My son puts a Tegaderm 6 × 7cm dressing under the sensor and is much better than before.Now he only has the prick scar, but not the entire wounded and macerated red circle as he had before.I buy them at Amazon because in the pharmacy they have told me that they are hospital material and is not distributed to the public.I put the link:
Link
If at any time they stop doing well, the idea is to move on to the Hansaplast Anti -Racing of @"Sigsauer".

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/16/2018 9:02 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Thank you very much @pgarcía and @sigsauer.The Tegaderm was also looking at it but since I have used Fixomull before and sometimes it took off easily, I was afraid, also as you say, in Amazon it is expensive and in pharmacies I do not find it, but the brand must be very good and it must give very goodresults.I have seen on the 3M website that there are about 4.5 x 4.5 cm that seemed very reasonable but I have not seen them on Amazon.
A question.Do you put it the size of the sensor?Or a little larger to increase the adhesion surface ..... I say it because if at any time it is necessary to put a dressing to protect the sensor, when I remove it I will take the one below, if it stands out a lot ....Well how I have plenty of time I will see what I get before.Thank you very much for your help!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/16/2018 10:38 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Erpla" The 4.5 × 4.5 tegaderm we have not tried, but if you don't want it to stand out from the sensor, it may be fine.In our case, the 6x7 stands out a little and increases the adhesion surface.Then on top of the sensor we put a fixomull (a tad larger than the tegaderm) that just adheres perfectly to the tegaderm that stands out down, so that the fixomull lasts the 14 days of the sensor and does not have to change it.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/16/2018 11:04 a.m.

And have you tried it in summer?Sweat, beach, pool ... I think I'm going to buy both for the Amazon and try.Thanks a lot!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/16/2018 11:11 a.m.

erpla said:
And have you tried it in summer?Sweat, beach, pool ... I think I'm going to buy both for the Amazon and try.Thank you very much!

Ufff, in summer not!The Tegaderm has put it for just a few weeks.You will have to cross your fingers ...

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/16/2018 11:29 a.m.

@"Erpla" Try what is best or most cheaper, I tried even with 2 tegaderms under the sensor and the allergy was still coming out.What I have told you before, for the summer, sweat, water etc ... before the tegaderm or Hansaplast 1 or 2 layers of Nobecuta or Skin tac liquid that hits the devil ... !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/16/2018 11:57 a.m.

It is true that you commented that you needed two layers of Tegaderm, I no longer remembered.I have nobecuta at home but I don't like it very much, I threw it yesterday to reinforce the hydrocoloide that I have now and it has been bicycling all night.I'm going to try Skin Tac that everyone speaks wonders!Thank you very much!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/16/2018 1:11 p.m.

Hello, I do not recommend the kinesiotope under the sensor, the kinesiotope is prepared to be on the skin about 5 days, then it starts to chop but itch before, you can put it on top of the sensor but underneath you will not endure the 14 days.I tell you because I am a physiotherapist and I use it in my work and its duration is 5 days that it takes to regenerate the most superficial layCheap, and I see more and more allergic reactions.

Marisa33's profile photo
Marisa33
03/19/2018 10:11 a.m.

Thank you very much @marisa33.In the end I had to put on the kinesiotope because the sensor that was going to last until next Sunday failed me yesterday and I had nothing more than the hydrocolloids that are working fatal to me, so to endure touches.Total if only 8 days it is less than when I didn't put anything ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/19/2018 3:49 p.m.

A question for those who have had treatment with Abbott's customer service.
Let's see, I had a sensor change last night;I put it on, I waited for the end of the one I had, I activated and, when I measured the time of rigor, it came out 'what';I thought it was a punctual failure, I measured with the capillary and it did me good.This morning I have measured again and the same result;In addition, the graph appears as a straight line.I have supposed that the sensor had left defective, I have removed it, I have put another one and it already works without problems.
My question is whether there will be any problem to make me a replacement for a new one.I guess no, right?Counting what has happened I suppose they will think the same as me: that it has been a defective sensor and will make me change.
Anyway I wanted to consult it here before.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
03/31/2018 9:31 a.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Hello @"alb85".I don't think they put problems.Maybe they tell you that you had to have waited at least 24h before taking it away, once they told me and since then although I always hope I hope, but even that time they replaced me because I told them that I did not want to risk the healthof my son and understood.

When you call the sensor or mobile reader with whom you look at you.Both have a record of events and who takes the phone will probably ask you to tell them the messages that were recorded there.Greetings and luck.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
03/31/2018 12:02 p.m.

Well, the thing has come out.They have told me that, having not had the sensor for more than 24 hours, they cannot make me any replacement.In return they send me a box of strips.Anyway, sixty euros in the trash ...
And that was already about notice;This happens to me to be honest, for the next one, I know I have to lie.XD

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
04/02/2018 3:59 p.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

alb85 said:
Well, the thing has come out.They have told me that, having not had the sensor for more than 24 hours, they cannot make me any replacement.In return they send me a box of strips.Anyway, sixty euros in the trash ...
And that was already about notice;This happens to me to be honest, for the next one, I know I have to lie.XD

Go for God @"alb85", I feel that they have not replaced you.In any case, do not regret having been sincere, this is how you always have to be in life and what gives better long -term results.
Anyway when the data record of the reader/mobile events were asked for probably, you would have seen that you take it before 24h.

You have had bad luck, both with the defective sensor and with customer service.But that does not have to be the usual tonic, I hope it only stays in a bad streak.All the best.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
04/02/2018 4:36 p.m.

pgarcía said:
Anyway when the data record of the reader/mobile events would probably have been seen that you took it from you before 24h.

Yes, it is also true.Well, nothing, for the next one something like that happens (if it happens, hopefully not) I will leave it and spend the day with punctures.

Thanks for the comments, Pgarcía.:)

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
04/02/2018 6:49 p.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

Hi @alb85.It happened to me exactly the same thing, but it was in the afternoon, it gave me the whole time and when I measured in capillary I had more than 170, at 4 hours of seeing that I did not work I took it off and put on a new one.When the next day I call Abbot and they tell me that they do not know if they are going to replace the sensor I mounted a chicken because they were working fatal, because they were sending sensors that do not work correctly (at least the last ones I have been able to try), becauseThey lie on the delivery dates, etc. And in the survey I later put the worst score, everything to call me at 2h to tell me that they were going to replace it .... I do not know, I do not seem like a receipt thatYou have to be 24 h with a sensor that clearly does not work, if you had told them that you have taken off you would have changed it without problem, a pity.

By the way.The last sensor that I have put seems to have memory failures, when I read it with the reader or the mobile, it gives me a value, in addition that it is good, but it seems that it does not almecana data from the previous 8h ...Has someone happened?Let's see if I can attach a photo.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/03/2018 12:21 p.m.

Well yes.I should have gone with more bad drool.XD
But well, everything is learned.
Thanks for the comments.

By the way, I just realized that my last message does not appear.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
04/03/2018 2:36 p.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.