{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

The evaluators and scholars of the subject will be doctors or doctors and researchers managed by the political party on duty, that is, they are confidence doctors on public positions that are going to make a very biased and interested assessment.I have read the report and after a lot of acronyms ((AMGS) SMCG-TR) qint = qtot-(q1 + q2 +… + qn) nhs eed, unintelligible crd the only conclusion and clear word that is understood as the entire reportIt is not is advised.They are politicians, I didn't expect anything else ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/16/2016 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They are not advised because it is not they who click 8 times, if any of those who have done the study had a Siabetico son you see that they quickly put it ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/16/2016 7:18 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

good afternoon everyone!!!Well, after a few days of use I would like to share my experience with this device.
The first thing to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the duration of the sensor.Today the 4 week of use is fulfilled and it still works quite well (I only had one day with the interrogations for about two hours at dawn).I have it on the upper gluteo.
The most remarkable things that I have noticed and that I expose here to see the opinions of the most experts would be:
- I am a person who does a lot of sport, and I have noticed that when I have been making room for a while, the device loses precision (especially if I make a leg).Normally if it marks 120-130, it is because I am in 80 or so.In addition, sometimes being training the arrow, it goes up very fast and my "feeling" is not that.
-In the morning the device usually marks 20-30 mg/l less than the glucometer, especially if you are in values ​​close to 130-140.
- I am delighted.It has made me learn about this in 4 weeks almost more than I knew after 15 years of illness.It is true that the device is expensive, but for those who can have access to it I think it is highly recommended.

Greetings to all and good Saturday afternoon

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/20/2016 5:42 p.m.

@Nacho Those differences in training can be normal, he thinks that he has about 15 min delay, I do some sport and always take precautions for that delay, fuck seems to talk about something else hahaha.
Regarding the difference when you wake up, can you confirm whether you always sleep on your back or face down?In a US forum we are realizing that when we sleep and the sensor crushes the body against the body, the differences are greater, then as soon as you make the calibration all day great, even without the afternoon calibration is necessary.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/20/2016 6:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

When I have been with the sensor for 3 weeks, if I sleep from the sensor side, it does not fail, I get the questions, I turn and voalá!In the quarter of an hour they disappear, the first 2 weeks does not do so

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/20/2016 6:17 p.m.

The sensor that I have now is to frame it, I have been on Tuesday, January 12 (39 days with him), in 3 days I restart for the sixth time and without any question.The other maximum 4 weeks about 28 days.Let's see how much endures !!

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
02/20/2016 7:03 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Carlos!!!!!!You are a crack !!!!!I neither dreaming

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/20/2016 7:21 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

To me 36 who most ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/20/2016 9:42 p.m.

@jconegar, because the truth is that no idea how I sleep;I sleep little (about 6 hours), and when I fall or realize how I do it, but it is likely to be for that.
I train it more to some substance that is released during weight training, because above all it is uncontrolled with the leg training (and as I say I carry it in gluteo)
Otherwise very happy.I have continued by clicking almost the same, because I still don't "see" from the device, but seeing its precision I will be relaxing a little

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/20/2016 11:38 p.m.

Very good !!First, congratulations on bringing light in this matter, it is very important for people with diabetes.I am in doubt of buying the Dexcom G4 because the G5 is already there and perhaps in a short time stop marketing the spare parts of the G4.I am valuing to buy the G5 and as in Spain it is not yet sold, I would like to know the possibilities of asking the US (if one could and who would have to contact if someone knows it).They have told me about Novalab that in June it will be in Europe and in September they will surely start marketing it in Spain.

ocd93's profile photo
ocd93
02/22/2016 7:37 p.m.

@ocd93 The G4 will continue in Spain, uses the same sensors as the G5, what changes is the sender.Novalab cannot stop service with G4 mainly because there is no bomb for G5 or forecast that there are for now and having to change all the bombs would be a huge cost.In addition to already there is a strong competition and if they only sell the G5 it will be more difficult for them to compete.
The G5 issuer will be more expensive for the issue that the emitters who have limited life.If it is not because you are interested in uploading the data to the cloud so that others can see it consider it well.
I particularly have no intention of changing it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/22/2016 8:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

cprinp said:
The sensor I have now is to frame it I have been on Tuesday, January 12 (39 days with him), in 3 days I restart for the sixth time and without any question.The other maximum 4 weeks about 28 days.Let's see how much endures !!

And how do you get it?Or stop being reliable ... to what extent do you have the glycemia?

fer's profile photo
fer
02/22/2016 8:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With the G5, you have to change 4 times of transmitter per year, we are paying every 3 months what is worth a transmitter for 1 year of the G4 and another thing, by law they have an obligation to have spare parts for 5 years since it stops manufacturing

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/22/2016 8:51 p.m.

Good @fer, as I commented the other day I still last the first one I could, and there are already 30 days (not the 39 of CPRINP, but it is not bad).The only trick is that I am protecting it with Hydrophilm, and every week or ten days I change it and take advantage of giving the dressing a bit of Skin-Tac.
As for the measurements, they are still quite good, except at the time of returning from the gym (today for example it marked me 130 and I was in 85), but the rest of the day very, very good (I will try to take the meter aday to the gym and calibrate it at the middle of the training session, because it is also true that I calibrate it in the morning and at that time it is already 12 hours from the calibration and the best for that reason it loses precision)
Another doubt that arises to me is as follows: view the duration of a sensor, is it not risky to buy with the annual subscription ????I explain myself, if I do it when this box of four ends that I have now and seen what they last would go two years or two and a half years of sensors and for that same moment there has already been a large advance in this and that of going withSensors glued to the body has become obsolete, right ??What do you think ???

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/22/2016 10:32 p.m.

@Nacho I think the ideal would be to find another person who lives nearby and paying the annual subscription between the two, that way the initial investment would not be so strong and the offer would be better used

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/23/2016 2:51 a.m.

Ok, well, if someone is interested to send me a private.I live on the outskirts of Madrid

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/23/2016 11:06 a.m.

The sensors do not really expire, do not worry you do not think of selling them and less losing money.I have used expired one year and go to the hair.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/23/2016 4:35 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Good @jconegar, the concern is not so much because they expire, if not because in two years (or more) when the annual lot ends new meters or advances in this field that make the Dexcom G4 obsolete.
By the way, today I fulfill my 32nd day and there it continues, like a Swiss watch (without any interrogation for more than 10 days) :))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/24/2016 10:41 p.m.

What a luxury, if they last that, let them not come out because they will surely be more expensive, hahaha.You continue with this
I have already three annual subscriptions, the latter I did in July I will go to the age of now, for now I have two and a half boxes left.
For me as long as I keep up at price, I am not interested in anything, and the other MCG with these durations are clearly more expensive.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/24/2016 10:44 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I just passed to Dexcom, so far I have used free and have several doubts .... How is it in the arm how in free?Anyone has updated the software how in USA?I hope not to have wrong, it is for my child and I see the alarms very important.Greetings and thanks to all.A curiosity, in Novalab they have not assured me that the receiver serves for the G5, I hope it is worth but they have not assured me.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/29/2016 5:15 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.