{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Well, it seems that you were right ... After two weeks with the sensor placed directly, without additives, there has not been the slightest reaction.
It was all due to adhesive wipes.

Now I have to find something not too spectacular for the sensor to stop him sticking, because at two weeks he has been completely detached and he was working perfectly.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
08/31/2014 9:47 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I am now testing with the Hydrofilm, Hartmann, are transparent and very finite and much more easy to put them flexigrip that if you cut them so that they are not so large no longer add up to take off all the papers, these yes andAt the moment they have not irritated me.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/31/2014 10:18 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

New: Dexcom has just released a "new" transmitter for the G4 (Slim Profile), come on, a little finer (which is one of the failures with respect to the excellent of the Seven Plus that was tiny).

It is good news (in principle for them) ... now it only remains to know (and possibly so) how much they have reduced the life of the transmitter, because surely wears smaller batteries.Thing that Americans will not worry, but here you pay everything it can be another small "stick."

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/14/2014 11:16 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But do they sell it here ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/14/2014 11:53 a.m.

Well, I don't believe, they usually take some to get here (there are already receiving the users who have changed them), and sincerely ... I would advise to quickly buy some of the "old", because I smell me, I'm afraid ... whatThis will have a battery life of two news ... Dexcom works like this ... Seven plus 2 years and peak ... g4 1 year ... and this ... 5-6 months ... and the one whoGo for Bluetooth ... 2 months ... I hope I is wrong and the new one is not so, but working in the same way, reducing size ... larger batteries I do not think it takes, rather the opposite.

They are products for and for Americans where the cost does not matter ...

I leave you a photo.Of course, the size, have resolved for me one of the biggest defects (I have always said it ... make great if you want the receiver ... but the transmitter, which we take to the body, has to be small!).

greetings

pabloj2000
10/14/2014 2:28 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It looks pretty but you cannot compare size, do you have any improvement in reliability or only aesthetics?Is exactly the same as the other or different characteristics?Action range, durability, reliability.... Anyway, if you find out something else you tell us, Pablo.Thank you.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/14/2014 4:16 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello, I have no more data, but I do not think it has affected anything other than the size (one of the weak points of the "involution" of the Seven to G4).But what was said ... take it with "tweezers" hopeful results and characteristics, they have reduced the scope and thereby increase the life of the batteries.But if it is a mere reduction in size, I am pessimistic, and you have to wait the worst (batteries).

In the photo you really appreciate the difference, they have basically taken the "chepa" that made it quite fat ... like that, having a G4 transmitter in his hand, I would say that they have taken 2 mm high (whichMissing him).

all the best

pabloj2000
10/14/2014 7:52 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Look in this photo I think the new Slim sensor looks much better.What a past !!!!
The one above is now and the one below is the new.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/16/2014 2:43 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Now that the theme "battery or distance" does not bother us because due to the missing size it was done, often pegote that we carry ... surely even less detaches because this is hooked with everything ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/16/2014 4:42 p.m.

Without a doubt, they have solved one of the main defects of the G4.Let's see if they officially and nationally tell about it, especially the topic "guarantee" that will know ... the Seven Plus gave 1 year ... the G4 give 6 months ... and the G4 Slim Dan... ?????If they give 3 months, we already know to stop (6 months of life).
Personally, if you have to touch something as a gala, battery or distance, reducing the size, I clearly say that "distance" are loaded.It is that the battery goes to us to the pocket and hard (because if you have to buy 2 transmitters a year ... Telita).
Here I put a comparison of several continuous measurement devices transmitters ... The G4 was a step back on the fine of the Seven Plus.This new evolution, I think it replaces it in that size which seems correct to me.

greetings

pabloj2000
10/16/2014 5:10 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well the Medtronic, another chestnut, you go with a stuck clam that on top that is hooked because it is only subject at one end and what is the shell goes without an adhesive, I did not like anything at all when I tried itAnd on top of that you have to recharge the transmitter battery with another pot ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/16/2014 5:32 p.m.

Hello, yes, there are some who are like going with a mussel.Today, the only direct alternative to Dexcom, is the Abbot Freestyle Navigator II, and I have read the opinion of a Dexcom user of a clinic who has tried it, and liked it more in the operation, surely more precise because the measurementsHe takes them every minute! Which is much better and will give graphs in real time (and alarms).The worst, again, the transmitting piece (come on, those of the G4 are nothing) and the insertion of rigid needle.

Link
Link Here a comparison with the G4 to see components.

I believe that continuous measurement manufacturers have to be mentalized that a small transmitter must be offered because it is what we have glued to the body.But I also say one thing ... In this case, the Freestyle Navigator II with this large transmitter, for me it could become justifiable, only if it had rechargeable-interesting batteries ... Come on, since you have a large one, at leastDon't have to spend on changing transmitters every time.Now, a mussel and change it every 8-12 months, well ...

The sad thing is that I think MCG manufacturers (automatic, alarms) know that the transmitter is a consumable and a constant expense for us, and can also play with it (reducing battery to spend more).If they thought of us, they would have to have affordable prices (for example, 99 euros), or if not, replaceable or rechargeable batteries (on a base through the contacts for example).

greetings

pabloj2000
10/16/2014 5:48 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

That of a minute of glucose measurement has to assume a large battery expense maybe that's bigger.
What is clear that Dexcom has heard us the issue that the transmitter is great.
The theme of the distance by children is already solved with the scout theme that they have confirmed that it works and if you are at home the mobile can be connected to the Wi -Fi.The truth has always been very good for me in both Seven and G4.I would have preferred that the same characteristics of the Seven had maintained.
Let's wait for news from the new transmitter that I have hope that it does not get worse.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/16/2014 6:21 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Man, I like that the G4 has those meters away, because I take him in my bag and if I separate nothing or work I leave it on the table and I can move pir the cabinet because I have to bend down several timesAnd in the pocket of the robe at the end it ends on the ground, or at home that I do not have to carry it tied with the clamp or I get into the bathtub that threw an hour a soak in the heat and I leave my husband soWatch me ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/16/2014 8:27 p.m.

In that case, clear you are right, if the reach is so little if, but I do not know because my seven reached me from 8 to 10 meters without problems, it is more ever left it in the bathroom and I was used to it and I did not get upBecause I knew that the alarm jumped that yes, then with anger because I woke up everyone, ha ha ha.
With the G4 it is already impressive, I leave it in the living room, there is a room in the middle of the salon and the room of marriage comes without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/17/2014 4:20 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I have been confirmed that the battery, scope and price is the same, it is only aesthetic change.I am glad to have been one of those who sent an extensive letter to the US about its size.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/17/2014 2:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

And in Spain for when ???It is that my transmitter is when I fall and I would not have to have to take the normal when this already exists.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/17/2014 3 p.m.

Well, it is excellent news ... That is an advance (and they could have done it before, already ...), but skeptical that is one ... the duration of the battery we will wait to see results, is that"Officially" the current G4 lasts 6 months (it is what they say from Dexcom USA and here) although then it lasts 10-12 months (but that is "unofficially") .... what may be is that it effectively lasts "too""6 months for them, but that are 6 real months, and that is what I fear (but it is an assumption of someone who distrusts all these movements).And what was said, if not, the same battery duration, same reach, and reduction of size, perfect, that is an advance!

The first to prove it will be the ones that give the "real" results.

greetings

pabloj2000
10/17/2014 3:50 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Gala the truth particularly when I need something I have never waited for the following model to come out, a typical thing that usually happens with the mobiles.There will always be something new after.When I decided to buy the Seven within a few months I knew that the G4 would come out but I bought it, I knew it was quality of life that would lose if I expected.

There is an issue that if I would love to import Spain and it is the Omnipod bomb.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/17/2014 6:53 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I have not said that I am going to wait for me, I have said that I will soon have to change the transmitter and that to see if it is already on sale in new and not have to load with the fat one one more year existing the Slim

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/17/2014 7:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.