{'en': 'Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.', 'es': 'Células beta encapsuladas, gran esperanza en 5 años.'} Image

Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.

Artorias's profile photo   09/12/2015 4:29 p.m.

It is unfortunate that after so many years of research (or that we want to believe) it has only improved in insulin feathers (which is not little) and the new glucose meters (apart from the pumps that is not a little) but the truth but the truth but the truth but the truthIt is that according to the forecasts of the scientific community there are still years to be able to find a quantitative improvement on the disease whether the stem cells, the encapsulated cells, or new medications whether intelligent, or selective insulins, or even because no, the new pillsOf insulins, look at how many solutions we think of in a moment, it hurts all wet paper
Well patience and faith.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/04/2016 8:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am with you, that the only advances are the MCG and the bombs is unfortunate, and gives an idea of ​​how much it has been invested in diabetes.
For my part, I have some optimism about the next investigations, but not because of anyone's altruism, but because the number of diabetics is increasing in a bestial way.
I think that hope should not be lost, after all there is some advance (for example Toujeo and Tresiba), at a rate that can be desperate, yes, but the thing is going to better.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
03/04/2016 8:15 p.m.

For those who know English, here another interview with the type of Viacyte.The thing seems to keep going slow but sure.
Link

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
04/07/2016 9:46 a.m.

mikel01 said:
for which you know English, here another interview with the type of viacyte.The thing seems to keep going slow but sure.
Link

He came to put just a summary of this video that you have put, which is very interesting.

English summary: Link

Key Points Are That Phase 1 of The VC-01 Trial You have demonstrated that:
1) Therapy is safe and well tolerated
2) The capsule is performing to Prevent Autoimmune and Adaptive Rejection
3) The Pancreatic Stem Cells Can Survive Transplant and Proliferate at 12 Weeks
4) The Pancreatic Stem Cells Are Differentiating to Endocrine Tissue

The Trial Still Needs To Supp:
1) WHETHER OR NOTH CAN CONSISTENTLY ACHIEVE TOGES Results in Many Patients.
2) Efficacy

I translate:

Key points that Phase 1 of the VC-01 study (name of the device) has demonstrated:
1) The therapy is safe and well tolerated.
2) The capsule is getting the autoimmune response and adaptive rejection.
3) pancreatic stem cells can survive transplantation and proliferate at 12 weeks.
4) pancreatic stem cells are differentiating the endocrine tissue.

The study still needs to prove:
1) If these results can be consistently achieved in many patients.
2) Efficacy (current cohort has subterapeutic doses)

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/20/2016 4:15 p.m.

Well something is something

DiabetesForo
05/20/2016 8:45 p.m.

@Sif, has not talked about the end of the new basal that lasts more than 24 hours?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2016 11:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Does anyone know how this project progresses?
I hope it is still as promising as it seemed a few months ago.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
08/27/2016 5:43 p.m.

Without great novelties, the current study ( Link ends within a year or so.

When the ends will be published the results that we hope are very interesting.

If everything has gone well there will be another study, that I pray that they already move on to phase 3.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/28/2016 4:05 a.m.

As @artories says, at the Hospital of the Faculty of Alberta (Canada) they have told me that at the moment they cannot publish anything.I keep calling them and writing to them every month at least once.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
08/28/2016 5:28 p.m.

We will continue waiting then.Thanks for the information!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
08/28/2016 7:50 p.m.

Link

I don't like what they plan to do.They are going to get an apparatus similar to the one they were working, but that is not waterproof to our immune system.
That is, you have to take immunosuppressants while using it to work and not have to inject insulin.
In theory it is focused on people with diabetes complications and very bad control.

This has always seemed to me to kill gunflows, such as pancreatic islet transplant with life immunosuppression.

I hope this does not slow down the development of how truly useful it is a device with the impermeable membrane to the immune system.
Or perhaps this means that it is costing them more than expected to get it and in the meantime they take out the shabby version.

For me they are certainly bad news.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/07/2016 5:02 p.m.

I prefer to think that they continue with the protection project, but in the meantime they take advantage of the potential of the cells for cases with a lot of complications, and they can study if they improve with good control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2016 5:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone,

Sorry for having taken so long to speak here again, I have not fulfilled as I had said.By the way, I remain stable thanks to the thinning and exercise I do (and socially I have improved a lot, it is incredible), although if I get a little back to the levels of prediabetes.But well, that's not the important thing on this subject.

Well, I don't talk to them for months, but today I will try to contact again, before Christmas progresses.On what @Artorias comments, there is a new product (VC-02), which what it does is directly vascularize beta cells.It is used for high -risk patients (that is the intention, if it goes well) in which glycemia control is urgent.I understand that it is used in patients with great risks of hypoglycemia and that the risk/benefit is worth taking immunosuppressants.Keep in mind that VC-01, the encapsulated with protection, has been 8 months for complete revascularization.

The VC-01 investigation continues, and plans to end phase 2 (2 cohorts, is a multicenter study) in January 2021, following more or less the times that are handled in clinical trials.It is a study without randomization, as is logical.The progress of diabetes is easy to measure, and well -known placebo ... it doesn't have much effect.

As soon as I know more, I will post it.

Greetings, Merry Christmas!

joejunior
12/21/2017 1:46 p.m.

Hello everyone.As I promised, I have spoken with one of those responsible for Viacyte (the same man with whom I have always spoken, he already knows me. He is a great guy, he has even congratulated me Christmas in Spanish).I want to tell you that all the information I put is first hand, that is, direct of them.

As the conversation is long, I will simply put the conclusions:
- The degree of "enragrad" they have observed during the efficacy study has been less than expected.This means that:
1) The degree of revascularization at 8 - 10 weeks (which is the time they expect to give transition) is lower than expected after preclinical trials.I want to clarify that a few months ago I understood that it took 8 months, but they expect the final product to take about 10 weeks, during which it will have to be administered prudence.
2) The degree of differentiation.They have clarified that the cells are still inserted without differentiating in beta cells, that is, as precursors.Once inserted in the patient, they differ.Many of them have turned out not to survive.This differentiation also lasts about 8 - 10 weeks.

So that there is no confusion, this no invalidates the project, whose clinical trials continue as planned because there are still no conclusions.It is too soon because it is not yet known if the cell dose is enough.I have clarified things with respect to clinical trials.I'm going to explain how they do.

For the vc-01 encapslado (the one that interests us), they make two cohorts (two follow-up groups, let's go), one with a subterapeutic dose expressly thought to know that the product is not toxic.I tell you that this should be done in all clinical trials, I assure you.For that reason, they have not yet seen any level of insulin Independence, as they have communicated to me.Cohort 2 is to do the effectiveness of effectiveness, and it was launched from the end of this summer, both for the vc-01 encapsulated and the VC-02 not encapused, with which whatI have begun that we are patients since it is very soon to give results.

If your question is (which was what I did): Does anyone involved in that study could stop putting the insulin?The answer is that it is not yet, but it is normal because the only complete cohort is subterapeutics and for the second it is still very soon to see results, because although it is not published, it began at the end of summer and at the moment those have been found2 inconveniences with what they have not yet made patients have complete independence to insulin.Conclusion: Please, be patients because efficiency tests end just to start.

Finally, so that there are no fears, the collaboration with WS GORE is precisely to improve the survival of the pancreatic precursors that are inserted into the capsule.So if there was someone who was afraid that the VC-02 (the non-protected) was the new great project leaving aside the encapsulated, can remain calm because precisely that association is to develop a new capsule of a fluoropolymer that It has already given clearly excellent results in Animal Model. So quite the opposite of your concern.Very soon the clinical trials will begin with this new polymer, but will continue with the already encapsulated for the moment.

For my part nothing more.If you want my personal conclusion: you have to be optimistic but patients.Clinical trials can last many years.But I think they want to get this, if you look, this company has few projects and the cake is juicy.In addition, for researchers I have no doubt that it is the opportunity of their lives, they will never have any other the same.If they did not wantTo take it out, they would not have signed the millionaire contract with those of WS Gore (which by the way, are based in Barcelona) or their company would depend on such very few projects or start repeating clinical trials with the new polymer.They trust their cells, cost them too much effort to determine the factors of differentiation of beta cells.In addition, the patent ends in 20 years, it has to take advantage of it.

Well, if someone wants, I have some of these conversations in writing and more detailed information about everything that Viacyte told me.Let me send me a private and I pass my number.

Courage, we will see the functional cure.I have no doubt.

joejunior
12/26/2017 12:26 a.m.

Thanks for informing us in so much detail @"joejunior"

The little vascularization of the capsules is fucked, I imagine that is why many of the interior cells die.

Is it known why vascularization always works better than in people and cells survive more?

And see if there is more luck with the new polymer.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/26/2017 12:56 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thanks for the info, I will pray to work, leave the market as soon as possible, and be affordable.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
12/31/2017 2:48 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Hello,
Just tell you that cohort 2 of the PEC-Direct (VC-02).As I said in the previous post, cohort 2 had started at the end of summer, but it was not official yet.Today, January 5, the second phase has been made official with cohort 2 in already therapeutic dose. yes, of the open device.

PRESS NOTE: Link

It has been published 4 hours officially.I will be very attentive to find out everything I can.Let's cross the fingers, because even if it is not the encapsulated device, we can know if the cells differ and survive properly.

As I commented, the completion of this phase is projected for December 2020, January 2021.

A big hug, and that kings behave well !!

joejunior
01/05/2018 6:54 p.m.

Thanks joejun

joejunior said:
hello,
Just tell you that cohort 2 of the PEC-Direct (VC-02).As I said in the previous post, cohort 2 had started at the end of summer, but it was not official yet.Today, January 5, the second phase has been made official with cohort 2 in already therapeutic dose. yes, of the open device.

PRESS NOTE: Link

It has been published 4 hours officially.I will be very attentive to find out everything I can.Let's cross the fingers, because even if it is not the encapsulated device, we can know if the cells differ and survive properly.

As I commented, the completion of this phase is projected for December 2020, January 2021.

A big hug, and that kings behave well !!
Thanks for the joejunior info as they say while there is life there is hope

DiabetesForo
01/08/2018 8:50 p.m.

But is it only for type 1 diabetics?

Pirata's profile photo
Pirata
01/13/2018 8:49 p.m.

I opened this issue for more than 5 years ... I had already lost all hope.

today, they announce that they go to phase 2:
https:/vavacyte.com/press

This is the closest thing to a functional cure, which we are going to be close in many years, if it really works.

My only hope of having a 100% normal life before I get old age ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/03/2021 3:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.