{'en': 'Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...', 'es': 'La diabetes me está empezando a tocar psicologicamente...'} Image

Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...

rpk7's profile photo   02/19/2016 4:21 a.m.

What a good hemo @rpk7!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2016 1:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone!I am new here, but I have 38 and 32 of them with diabetes, 5.8 glyc, still use: -s and novorapid, I have always had many hypos, but since the freestyle is something else ....
I have several specific guidelines, I refer to behaviors, what I do is put the lantus early in the morning (7:30) and then I am clicking as I need it, I have a very changing job and life, with whatthat sometimes like one and other times at 4 .... but with the novorapid I carry it well, what I am clear is that the guidelines have always earned me for little, I remember one day I was with 40 and ateAnd I drank ..... I think I ended the world reserves ... and after hours I reached 121, I said I relax ... in half an hour 60 ... why, because no idea, just like sometimes withoutEating anything does not come down from 200, it's time to get fast and you get a unit and in half an hour 6.Sometimes I quickly picho 4 times and sometimes 8 ...
What I try is to always be inside my strip (70-140) and with exceptions I get it, but why ... I sincerely don't care because they are uncontrollable

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/09/2016 11:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

anaisabel said:
congratulations for that hem that I would like to me;)

jconegar said:
congratulations for that hemo @rpk7

ruthbia said:
What a good hemo @rpk7!

Thanks to everyone :)

marmonza said:
hello everyone!I am new here, but I have 38 and 32 of them with diabetes, 5.8 glyc, still use: -s and novorapid, I have always had many hypos, but since the freestyle is something else ....
I have several specific guidelines, I refer to behaviors, what I do is put the lantus early in the morning (7:30) and then I am clicking as I need it, I have a very changing job and life, with whatthat sometimes like one and other times at 4 .... but with the novorapid I carry it well, what I am clear is that the guidelines have always earned me for little, I remember one day I was with 40 and ateAnd I drank ..... I think I ended the world reserves ... and after hours I reached 121, I said I relax ... in half an hour 60 ... why, because no idea, just like sometimes withoutEating anything does not come down from 200, it's time to get fast and you get a unit and in half an hour 6.Sometimes I quickly picho 4 times and sometimes 8 ...
What I try is to always be inside my strip (70-140) and except exception

I perfectly understand what you say, but those uncontrollable things are the ones that took me out of my boxes and that is why I wrote this thread, because it seemed super frustrating and I was not able to take it more calmly, which made me "depress me" a little.

One thing that happened to me for a few years, when I did not use Lantus (and there was no freestyle), it was that when this time of pre-summer came, if for example I put me 20, from one day to another the body asked me for 10 (because yes, there was no explanation) ... imagine!It is like putting the insulin twice, which once led me to that state that every diabetic should avoid, have to prick another person the glucagon because you are no longer aware of your state and there may be a rather serious outcome, in addition to seeingYour very scared family, come on, all very unpleasant.Thank God, many years have passed since the last time it happened to me.

And I think that you have said that you ate a lot and did not upload you until hours later, if you did not get it, that would have happened to you.You get to sleep or a nap ... but less bad that it didn't happen.:)

It has also happened to me that I had to prick many times in a single day, and of course it was not the physical pain of the puncture, which is barely noticeable, if not seeing that I had not done well, as a reminder of your mistakes (that they are not such, because as I say they are inexplicable and uncontrollable things).

Finally, I recommend that you change the 24 -hour insulin, my change has been positive, not the panacea, but positive, but being diabetic, any positive change is always more than good.

A hug!:) :)

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
06/12/2016 11:06 a.m.

Hello everyone, this seems my blog, telling my life haha, but the experiences of all help us improve ours :).

Previously I said that the cholesterol had risen a lot, because in an exact month I have lowered 70 units following a "homemade diet" with food recommended for it and with moderate exercise.Even I was surprised that I have dropped so much in a single month.I am at an outstanding amount of being in the limits that are now considered good (a few years ago I would be inside, because they changed them haha).

I will continue with this diet to lower it more, since in a month it has dropped so much, in 5-10 days I have it perfect.

Ah, hemo remains the same, at 5.8.

Greetings!

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
07/02/2016 10:56 a.m.

I sometimes think that these files x are because of the bolis., So, the Lantus, my daughter, always puts it with syringe, which leaves her loaded every night.
And the truth is that it is quite stable.
I don't know if the new slow ones have vials, but hopefully the bolis are reliable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2016 11:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Encouragement that is disease must be taken day by day.

Marytzoc's profile photo
Marytzoc
11/21/2016 5:46 a.m.

Keep waring old!It is normal for you to go through these, but you have been strong and you will continue to be

Well, another that diabetes drives him crazy.That I climb a lot, that I have hypos then ... I believed that with more years that you have it better, but with almost 30 years I understand it sometimes ...

The last thing was yesterday that I faint at work for the hiccD glucose and continue working well ... or so I thought, because one thing that I have noticed when I have hiccups is that I obsess myself with something and it is seen that yesterday was to end up replenishing things, so I'm in my world withoutRealizing me is going down more, although I remember noting strong tremors in the arms and legs ... until I fall and the show begins because I continue in my world and although in my work they know that I am diabetics are new and do not knowHow to react.Then let's say that at 15-20 minutes since everything started I react (it was already the time of closing and one of the work has left only the manager) and I already take more glucose and it seems that the thing starts to rise ...And today I have reached work and all the people asking me if I was fine because it is seen that the boy who was there has told everything.

So if it touches moralI do not want to go to work and see that they look at me with pity or even with fear that I have something similar ... and it is true that that touches the moral.

In addition to complications such as retinopathy and possible neuropathy I can have ...

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/23/2016 3 a.m.

@Anasyx I distracted myself a lot at work when I am concentrated, more than once I have had to eat a candy or something being on the phone and how the noises are heard, they ask me ... I am ashamed, but it is my health.They must think that if I do not have another time to eat anything .... I have come to the conclusion that I don't care, first it is me.
Files "X" There is always ... A week ago I did not get off 150 or insulin or with anything and this week I do not raise 90, eat what you eat ... You see.
I check the needles and feathers because I think they do not work .... I have come to put the quadruple of insulin and have not moved blood glucose.And this week with 1 only dose for 4 rations I'm going to hiccade ... leading the same life ... hormones, stress, tiredness ....?namely...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2016 9:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am in a loop that I do not leave, more and more discouraged and I have an impact on everything, except you want to go out, more anxiety and hungFrom the mody, they do nothing, the consultations with the endocrine are limited to "you are the first time you come, do not? Analysis all well, it returns within 6 months."And this loop is repeated in each consultation, it always tells me that if it is the first time I go.After there is no money to do the analysis, it was supposed that the geneticist would call me in September and still nothing and so I have been taking my blood for genetic tests. It seems to me that everyone is laughing at me.

Yesterday I ate at 4 in the afternoon because I arrived from working at that time and at 5 I was hungry.At 6 I got even more or less than 5 toasts and a glass of milk.Come on, I can't control anxiety, I knew I was making it fatal and despite that, I ate everything.And then the rest of the afternoon feeling guilty and pissed off the rest of the day with me and with the world in general.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/24/2016 10:07 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@nila
Your quiet, you have great glycosylated ones that we already want a lot, do not throw the towel per fi.
They are seasons, always being there in the gap is hard.
Look, about some doctors and how they organize, it's a shame.At the beginning of debuting, I did not see myself and every time I went to the consultation I had to tell a different story.You feel fatal, pisceam a lot because they go to Mata Salto.Of the first ones I had the doctor told a nurse friend who worked with him who was a bit rare or who was obsessed with diabetes.I answered my friend, I would not like to see him telling HC, adjusting doses, deranged because he does not know why he is high or low, pointing everything ... she tells me, you are very right.
The word of a meduco, according to which, does not go to Mass.They are all human, not gods.
Cheer up !!!

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/24/2016 10:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Hello RPK7, I understand you perfect!It happens to me the same about the changes of cheerimThe classic metformin now send me my doctor lantus and I have been surprised with the results, here I go to talk and relief, there is no other diabetic to understand what other people feel often do not know what you are talking aboutAnd they think you exaggerate

I send you a hug from Mexico Greetings ...

Gerard Sys's profile photo
Gerard Sys
11/28/2016 7:22 p.m.

Diagnosticado desde 2007 (tipo II) medicado con metformina, insulina Lantus desde Noviembre del 2016

It is true, I have to exercise like 2 hours or 3 every day to get a half levels, you get bad because you do things the best you can and sometimes do not see great improvement, the people around you many times blames youAnd he says that you do not try enough, it battle

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
12/04/2016 7:50 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to explain how I feel and the truth is that I share a lot of what has been said in this thread.Sometimes and lately I also notice that diabetes is beginning to affect psychologically.In 10 years, it is the first time that I have cried of sadness thinking that I will always have to put insulin, count hydrates, hypos and hyper inexplicable, possible complications, and a long etc.The truth is that diabetes has not prevented me from doing anything, I recently returned from being a month of trekking through different sites in South America enjoying a lot.Even so, what I think is the same is that I have no one around me with diabetes that I can understand, and although with my partner he speaks a lot and supports me a lot, I know that he cannot understand it as another person with diabetes.
Then something else happens to me, in this last year or two years, and that is that the new people I have known do not know that I have diabetes.It gives me as a laziness explain it, or say it .. I know that I do not have to say, but I have stopped taking it naturally as before, and now sometimes I hide to put insulin.It does not happen to me with the people I know before, with my friends if we eat something I put the insulin or measure me without more and nobody says anything.It's like I have developed a fear of being judged and comments, and being in this phase of thinking "that slave makes me diabetes", I want to avoid new comments, new people who know it ... I don't know if I explain myself.I know that the new people I have met or judge me, do not care, but it is that I now care.For example, I am thinking of buying a continuous meter, at most next month I want, but I am so tired of always counting and calculating, having hypos or hyper inexplicable, etc.Sometimes I notice as much distance with the rest of the people, I do not know if it happens to you, with a little anger, as if we said, along a path I go, with diabetes, and on the other the rest.Then I think about it and it really is nonsense that I feel so distanced, I suppose, because who knows me does not think of me as "the one with diabetes", so I scratch me so much me alone ..

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/11/2016 11:08 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

The same is happening to you with the ring, each one has ours and as that one is our "treasure" ... a "treasure" that for the one who carries it is a torture so we also carry that burden and responsibilityFrom Frodo, in the end it is the same diabetes as the ring dominates us and seizes us.
I edit the post since someone who is very much in diabetes, has made me see that a protagonist is missing and that is Sam, with which many will also feel identified, are all those who even knowing that they cannot take theFrodo ring, they are so good that they do not hesitate to sacrifice and not only carry the ring but also with Frodo also so that within the possible, rest of that heavy responsibility of the ring.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
12/11/2016 12:18 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hi Ani
I am Angel Mom 11 years and almost 2 with diabetes.
Well, now I'm the one who suffers these mood and I don't want to think about my son and keep it
I think this is a day by day, I have learned to understand diabetes in my son ... my point is that we care about both his diabetes and the right to be happy.
You should know that this is not only you but that all of us who carry this disease because I consider myself.
We all have a purpose in this life and be happy whatever happens.

A hug

9406 's profile photo
09/11/2017 7:47 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
hello to all, I wanted to explain how I feel and the truth is that I share a lot of what has been said in this thread.Sometimes and lately I also notice that diabetes is ........ ", that's why I scratch myself so much.

Particularly I believe that diabetes touches us all psychologically ever, not to say many times.
It is clear that a person who has diabetes will understand you wonderful.We have to look for us to have an entertaining mind and find what to do in life to think less.

Possibly you will go through all the phases that we have all passed, hide it, not say it to anyone, to tell the friendships, then move on to know, then try to disseminate messages, you are very normal nothing, do not say that please.

I am one of the people who speak clearly and sometimes they tell me that I spend but I do not like to say things that I do not think, we are not people like others who do not have diabetes, nor can we make the same life or similar, our brains work without resting and thatIt exhausts not really being seen by most of our environment.We have a disease we want or not, and we have to fight to make it as normal as possible.
It is also true that diabetes forces us to be strong for many falls we have.

He also thinks that when you manage to do something that is not easy having diabetes your satisfaction will be twice as that of any other person, look for something to fight, something that is not easy and that costs you.Fight for your illusions, a big hug !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2017 9:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The very fact of worrying about having a profile as stable and within rank, says we are doing well.The increases, the "hypos", the adjustments in the dose, the changes of insulins ... are part of our daily struggle, the identity of the diabetic .. that same struggle would suffice not to fall into black thoughts, and maintain our self -esteemvery high.
As someone once said "for the laborious bee, there is no time to be sad", and we have a good task every day.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/12/2017 12:37 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hello.I already have diabetes like 25 years or so.The truth is that I don't even remember when I started.But I tell you that all these diabetic days I felt like your accounts.And I tell you every day !!!Now, this disease will not condition my life.I like to eat and enjoy eating.If what I am going to eat I know that the glycemia rises to me more insulin quickly.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
09/18/2017 10:42 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

@"rpk7" I understand you.It usually happens to me too and the truth is a mustrant when it happens because despite our self -controls there are times when without explanation we get up or gets off.When I get a lot and sometimes without knowing why, it gives me courage because despite what is done the same happens.
It is good to know that there are people who spend situations similar to mine: ')
I think what I do to avoid being spinning with control is clearing the mind in other things to distract, laugh, I don't know, what you do well can do.
Forces!

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:23 a.m.

Diabético Tipo 1 desde 2007
Apidra y Lantus (plumas)
HbA1c: 6.4% (dic. 2017) - 5.9 (mar. 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.