{'en': 'Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...', 'es': 'La diabetes me está empezando a tocar psicologicamente...'} Image

Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...

rpk7's profile photo   02/19/2016 4:21 a.m.

@"rpk7" I understand you.It usually happens to me too and the truth is a mustrant when it happens because despite our self -controls there are times when without explanation we get up or gets off.When I get a lot and sometimes without knowing why, it gives me courage because despite what is done the same happens.
It is good to know that there are people who spend situations similar to mine: ')
I think what I do to avoid being spinning with control is clearing the mind in other things to distract, laugh, I don't know, what you do well can do.
Forces!

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:24 a.m.

Diabético Tipo 1 desde 2007
Apidra y Lantus (plumas)
HbA1c: 6.4% (dic. 2017) - 5.9 (mar. 2018)

Hello everyone
My grain of sand.To avoid as much as possible that this disease affects us a lot psychologically, especially those that we have been having many years (approx. 30), is to try to control our thoughts.And that means, after understanding after much battle with this, that we should not worry so much about the figures.Let's be a bit flexible, and if one day we are with "roller mountain" figures, nothing happens.Let us encourage ourselves.We know how to handle this.
In other words, we must keep our emotional and psychological stability safe, above a timely blood glucose figures, and even glycosilada.Our positive attitude, and knowledge we must put them at the service of our psychological well -being.I think this should see it that way, and we will understand it better above all those of us who have been with this for many years.
We cannot afford to come down.This forum helps us all.
If we are able to control our thoughts, we will be able to control our emotions.That's what it is about.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/21/2017 11:53 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Surprised said:
Hello everyone
My grain of sand.To avoid as much as possible that this disease affects us a lot psychologically, especially those that we have been having many years (approx. 30), is to try to control our thoughts.And that means, after understanding after much battle with this, that we should not worry so much about the figures.Let's be a bit flexible, and if one day we are with "roller mountain" figures, nothing happens.Let us encourage ourselves.We know how to handle this.
In other words, we must keep our emotional and psychological stability safe, above a timely blood glucose figures, and even glycosilada.Our positive attitude, and knowledge we must put them at the service of our psychological well -being.I think this should see it that way, and we will understand it better above all those of us who have been with this for many years.
We cannot afford to come down.This forum helps us all.
If we are able to control our thoughts, we will be able to control our emotions.That's what it is about.

Greetings.

Totally agree @Sorprende.I leave the title of a video of You Tube that explains how the process is carried out.Valid for everyone, but essential to understand this for those who live with a disease as "tired" as diabetes.

MARIO ALONSO PUIG.- The types of thoughts

uma's profile photo
uma
07/27/2018 10:41 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

I still don't see the video you comment.But I like that phrase that you put: "Never let the future disturb you. You will face it, with the same weapons of reason with which you face the present today."
Marco Aurelio.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
07/27/2018 12:08 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Jo.I am also fried with glycemia.He even took sleep pills.Sometimes I take it better than others.The only thing I can tell you is that you don't despair and look for psychological help if you need it.Delivery and worry in excess is the worst we can do to the body.

Bea Claro de Luna's profile photo
Bea Claro de Luna
07/29/2018 5:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rpk7 said:
well we go ...

On the 23rd I said that I was putting me 28 (February 22) and today February 24 I have set 25, tomorrow to get 23 because it has progressively lowered but slowly from 193 to 60 and it seems like a burial ... and everythingIt is for 24 hours clearly, with the fast I have no problems.

That is, I started with 28 3 weeks ago, I went down to 22, I put on 28, and tomorrow 23 ... all that time based on hyperglycemia and hypos to find the dose.If this is not desperate ... God comes and see it ...

I will keep that today the hip has been little by little (3 hours to go down, so there was a room for maneuver), because as I stay with the bad ...

>

Hello
I am going through something similar I am with Toujeo, what I realized is that if I put 50 units and then on the next 44 and then 48, of course the glucose will vary by effect of the insulins for example: Toujeo lasts 36hrs, Lantus 24hrs and Tresiba up to 42hrs, but in the case of threeiba42hrs and toujeo36hrs if you put them at the same time and change of drastic doses you will have the effect of the previous day depends on the doses, if you get 22 and time your glucose does notLow is not basal for bolus (Humalog, Novorapid) do not make sudden basal changes, better increase the rapid dose but starts from 22 basal, you do make changes in basal that is 1 or 2 units every 3 days always andWhen you wake up high glucose but you have quick adjustments without drastically increasing

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/17/2019 1:42 p.m.

Hello good night, someone knows nightmares on real diabetic nights

walterortiz006's profile photo
walterortiz006
01/24/2019 3:32 a.m.

They can be hypoglycemia for having too much slow insulin.It is checked with the glucometer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2019 3:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I don't know if someone made you this comment because I didn't read all your messages.
Would you like to know 24HR is the peak of action that is ultra slow?All without saying brands.
I apologize could not according to my ignorance, return to the previous insulin system you used, bomb and insulin change it.

I use it since I started at 27 ... But this is your situation and I know about people that happens to you.

Look what that can be insulin, ... I am not a medical study of English teachers.Like, I would like to tell you that you could do more studies or change insulin for another of different action peaks.

Please if you have news to know

CHEER UP!!!!!

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
01/16/2023 8:30 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

The same thing happens to us all.Diabetes is not forgotten on a day -to -day basis, as if it can happen with other pathologies.Every time you take something in your mouth there, present.

Do not obsess.We try to do our best and there lies our fight.Doing exactly the same, there are days with control and others of lack of control.

Here we are to throw a cable when we need it.Come, courage and live the day to day.Each awakening is a victory in our life.And let's not think about the "future", which we already know that does not exist.Let's live the present.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/16/2023 2:15 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

rpk7 said:
hello, first of all I don't want to bitter, nor do it sorry, I just want to share what I feel with other people who have the same as me.

I am 27 years old and I have been diabetic type 1 since 1999, more than half of my life living with this, but now I am at a point of mental exhaustion.Nor have I had any complication, not even slight related to diabetes.I really have no "problems" in life than this.

But I have been a year and a half that it seems that my body is bad, insulin produces variations in fully abnormal glucose levels, I have 290 as 50 (with the same "diet", the same dose of insulin andsame lifestyle) and that is "sinking."(I'm not going to give insulin names, although I already said it in another thread, I will only say that everything has started after 2 years using 24 hours).

Has it happened to you that you have the glucose at normal levels, you get home and without eating anything, nor exercise you upload or lower your glucose to totally inexplicable levels, and all suddenly and suddenly?Well, a week, at least it happens to me 4 days, it is a feeling of failure that invades me, I change my mood radically and my smile is erased, because I have not looked for those descents or those climbs, or eatingor playing sports.You see the graphics of my controls and looks like the Wall Street bag.

I have controlled diabetes to the maximum, glycosylated to 5.6, book analytics, but it is based on clicking 5-6 times a day (I have ever click 8-9 times, but it is very rare, whether it is fromstep), to be awake until the early hours of the morning and to adjust the insulin levels for almost the days, praying so that there are no exponential increases or declines.And for me that is not normal life ...

The punctures do not hurt me at all, nor can I be able to eat sweets, or have to eat something with the descents, but that feeling of failure hurts, and nobody understands because it is, both the endocrine and my relatives nod and encourage me, they encourage me,But I know you can only understand another diabetic person.

Thanks to the one who has read it, I just wanted to let off steam.Much encouragement to all and if you already have it a little time to me, that I will need.A hug.

The first to tell you that I think you are doing quite well, and you should not discourage yourself, from heart I hope your mood rises.Greetings

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/16/2023 4:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.