{'en': 'Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...', 'es': 'La diabetes me está empezando a tocar psicologicamente...'} Image

Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...

rpk7's profile photo   02/19/2016 4:21 a.m.

rpk7 said:
hello, first of all I don't want to bitter, nor do it sorry, I just want to share what I feel with other people who have the same as me.

I am 27 years old and I have been diabetic type 1 since 1999, more than half of my life living with this, but now I am at a point of mental exhaustion.Nor have I had any complication, not even slight related to diabetes.I really have no "problems" in life than this.

But I have been a year and a half that it seems that my body is bad, insulin produces variations in fully abnormal glucose levels, I have 290 as 50 (with the same "diet", the same dose of insulin andsame lifestyle) and that is "sinking."(I'm not going to give insulin names, although I already said it in another thread, I will only say that everything has started after 2 years using 24 hours).

Has it happened to you that you have the glucose at normal levels, you get home and without eating anything, nor exercise you upload or lower your glucose to totally inexplicable levels, and all suddenly and suddenly?Well, a week, at least it happens to me 4 days, it is a feeling of failure that invades me, I change my mood radically and my smile is erased, because I have not looked for those descents or those climbs, or eatingor playing sports.You see the graphics of my controls and looks like the Wall Street bag.

I have controlled diabetes to the maximum, glycosylated to 5.6, book analytics, but it is based on clicking 5-6 times a day (I have ever click 8-9 times, but it is very rare, whether it is fromstep), to be awake until the early hours of the morning and to adjust the insulin levels for almost the days, praying so that there are no exponential increases or declines.And for me that is not normal life ...

The punctures do not hurt me at all, nor can I be able to eat sweets, or have to eat something with the descents, but that feeling of failure hurts, and nobody understands because it is, both the endocrine and my relatives nod and encourage me, they encourage me,But I know you can only understand another diabetic person.

Thanks to the one who has read it, I just wanted to let off steam.Much encouragement to all and if you already have it a little time to me, that I will need.A hug.

ani's profile photo
ani
02/22/2016 7:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But what is "the guard" to lower the diabètes ??????No and no !!!This disease is only for brave !!Go ahead and a lot of encouragement !!And it has everyone here that we are your "sweet family" ......... ani

ani's profile photo
ani
02/22/2016 7:47 p.m.

Hello everyone.I write again.I prefer to answer that almost one by one.

I try not to obsess myself, but I do control, see the graphs and glucose level and put myself as I said at the beginning.It is impossible for me to "disconnect" a little.

I have been with insulin Tresiba for 3 weeks, positive very little, the only thing that seems to resist night hypoglycemia better, but not too much.It is important if, but I expected better results.I started with 28 units, I arrived at this time at 22, and now again 28 (today), the problem is that, as with the Lantus, today the body asks me 28, in 4 days I may not have to go downDrastically to 22, and so on every time, in a very small time and it is something that I do not understand and "bitter", because it is not 1-2 units, it is a buried.

My glycosilada is very good if, but basically obeys statistics, if I have 260 for x hours and 50 for more hours, and the rest well, because you get a perfect glycosylated.It has no more.Before I had glycosylated between 5.8 and 6.5 but those variations in glucose levels did not exist or were very rare.My endocrine told me that you better have the highest glycosylated than risk severe hypoglycemia.
I also have it for the ABBOT device, which is not to advertise, but removing some differences in measures at specific times (which gives for another thread), I have changed the way of living diabetes for good.

Today the day has not been bad, a small hypo after eating (explainable), but tonight I had 160 and has dropped to 65, right now 156 after a hot milk with a sady of sugar.I will continue to investigate the effect, because other times with what I have taken tonight I did not up 10, and today much more, things of diabetes haha ​​...

Thank you very much to everyone for the spirits, today having been almost well or that at least you can explain why I feel better of the levels :)

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
02/23/2016 3:34 a.m.

Everything is a matter of recognizing where it fault, how and when you committed it and so you will try not to rebuild it, do not look for why things ???But if you remember that every day it is different !!!both for you, for the other and all in the world of diabetics !!!And you have to start every day and not "compare with yesterday !!!! (I tell you from your own experience) and ................ it works, I assure you !!!Much encouragement and always move on :)>-

ani's profile photo
ani
02/23/2016 7:14 p.m.

Well there we go ...

On the 23rd I said that I was putting me 28 (February 22) and today February 24 I have set 25, tomorrow to get 23 because it has progressively lowered but slowly from 193 to 60 and it seems like a burial ... and everythingIt is for 24 hours clearly, with the fast I have no problems.

That is, I started with 28 3 weeks ago, I went down to 22, I put on 28, and tomorrow 23 ... all that time based on hyperglycemia and hypos to find the dose.If this is not desperate ... God comes and see it ...

I will keep that today the hypo has been little by little (3 hours to get off, so there was room for maneuver), because as I stay with the bad ...

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
02/25/2016 3:31 a.m.

Hello @rpk7, you are a brave warrior and I am sure that you will tell me your positive results, you just have to save an immense patience !!!!I go through the same "blows" and I have already 54an with this sweetness ............ Take care and continue fighting !!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
02/25/2016 6:14 p.m.

There is no way, 130 before dinner, in 7 minutes (literal) I get up to 182 without any explanation (I had not yet dinner), because yes and point.I get the quick, I wait 20 minutes, Ceno and right now 270, and I have dinner what we could consider even diet, some more than simple cereals that at another time would have eaten them and I would hardly have needed to put insulin, if perhaps2 units, today 6 and 289 (while writing this and went to the service has risen 19).

Nice way to start a weekend.Pff ...

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
03/04/2016 11:17 p.m.

Hello @rpk7, the glucose curves, in my case, also go through pronounced ups and downs, the important thing is to be in "normal" figures at 2 hours, it doesn't matter so much if you have made a peak at 20 minutes or 40 minutes... I'm going to copy you a link on the glucose curves that I think can help you.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/05/2016 10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Since I have the free freestyle you are seeing the curve and the peak piece that you do to the 45 mnts/ 1 hour of starting to eat and I asked me if it would always be so although at 2 hours I was in targets, of course before if I looked at mePostpandrial glycemia and I was fine and I didn't worry but with the free you see the curve of the first hour and you say, will this be normal?With this thread I stay quieter @fer

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2016 11:58 a.m.

@rpk7 The truth is that the behavior of our body and our glycemia is unsuspected.I had been guiding me only for the glucometer punctures, and now with the Dexcom that I have realized that these values ​​are very relative.
This week I have had a lot of jaleo at work, and quite large concerns, well, on Thursday I got off the bicycle in the afternoon in 106, I'm going to the shower and 15-20 minutes after getting out of the bike 170?????I am taking a walk home, I arrive, I punctuate 123 with the glucometer and with the Dexcom.At 5 minutes the Dexcom marks me 158 and going up, I think, "that's it, after 40 days it is beginning to fail," I punctuate to check, and surprise, the glucometer marks 160.
As you say this is not an exact science, and there are countless things that influence, and not just insulins and sport (I already start thinking that more than the gym we should go to the psychologist to regulate us :)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/05/2016 11:59 a.m.

@Nacho of the climb of glucose after the sport is normal, as well as the abrupt drop after a few hours, there are several issues in the forum that explain it.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/05/2016 12:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

good @fer !!!Already, already, if I referred to that.What he meant is that not that is controllable;Because I have increases from those after sport for a few days but others no;and also depends on the type of sport you practice (aerobic or anaerobic).
What I meant is that I blame it rather the "circumstances" that I have had during this week.I don't know, that's my perception

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/05/2016 1:22 p.m.

@Fer that thread on curves had escaped me !!And at the beginning with the Free I spent, I was surprised or as sometimes up, but as @sinsaguer says I am calmer.Look above but I'll consult it more calmly, thanks

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/05/2016 2:28 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Nor had I read this thread and I stay calmer to see that "the curves I had is normal."

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/05/2016 3:18 p.m.

Here my last 24h, I consider them quite good!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/05/2016 5:58 p.m.

@Nacho I imagine that you already know that if you do anaerobic sports with fitness and weight machines, the glucose trend is to rise unless there is little weight load but if you are one of those who put it cane in 90% of theCases will rise to you, always leave 10% for how the files x ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2016 10:12 p.m.

Yes, more or less I know.I measure 1.87m and weight 75 kg, so imagine the weights I put :)) :))
Even so it is difficult to control everything, it is what I wanted to say before (a simple cold, bad news, a lot of work, ...)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/05/2016 11:18 p.m.

Hello,
It is normal that he despair trying to do things well and that they do not go well, but it is so life, especially in diabetes, that no day is equal to another and we get very angry when some blood glucose has no explanation and we are doing everything right.It is difficult to learn to live with this disease but is achieved.

@rpk7, for what you say is the Tresiba that is driving you a little crazy, I am similar because I do not find the good moment of the day to put it on and I have been trying and testing for more than a month.But well, you don't have to surrender and have to move forward.Within not much the toujeo will come out and if not also you can ask your endocrine for the bomb, I do not know ... the thing is not to give up.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/11/2016 11:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Good afternoon,
Much encourage @rpk7!You have the glycosilada very well, huh ... I would like, Joer.
This of the spirits with diabetes goes for streaks, but keep going ... better times will come.The bad thing about this is that there is never rest and if the results do not correspond to the effort because ... you think that all this is a &*%%*$ &%!: P
A hug

Docas's profile photo
Docas
03/12/2016 5:56 p.m.

27 años. 17 años dulce.

Hello everyone, after more than a month and a half testing and testing with the right dose, "it seems" that I have given a little with the key.The climbs without reason are still and that one day the body asks me for a dose and to the other 3-4 more/less, but less pronounced than at first and say that less dangerous with hypoglycemia and brutal hypoglycemia, they are slower and allow them to adjust them totime.

To get an idea, this was a lousy control and so I spent a few weeks, alternating with acceptable days:

I've been like this for a few days.That peak that is seen are the increases without reason, but it was 189, so nothing of the other world.

Little by little :)

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
03/28/2016 11:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.