{'en': 'Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...', 'es': 'La diabetes me está empezando a tocar psicologicamente...'} Image

Diabetes is starting to play psychologically ...

rpk7's profile photo   02/19/2016 4:21 a.m.

Hello, the first of all I do not want to bitter, nor do sorry, I just want to share what I feel with other people who have the same as me.

I am 27 years old and I have been diabetic type 1 since 1999, more than half of my life living with this, but now I am at a point of mental exhaustion.Nor have I had any complication, not even slight related to diabetes.I really have no "problems" in life than this.

But I have been a year and a half that it seems that my body is bad, insulin produces variations in fully abnormal glucose levels, I have 290 as 50 (with the same "diet", the same dose of insulin andsame lifestyle) and that is "sinking."(I'm not going to give insulin names, although I already said it in another thread, I will only say that everything has started after 2 years using 24 hours).

Has it happened to you that you have the glucose at normal levels, you get home and without eating anything, nor exercise you upload or lower your glucose to totally inexplicable levels, and all suddenly and suddenly?Well, a week, at least it happens to me 4 days, it is a feeling of failure that invades me, I change my mood radically and my smile is erased, because I have not looked for those descents or those climbs, or eatingor playing sports.You see the graphics of my controls and looks like the Wall Street bag.

I have controlled diabetes to the maximum, glycosylated to 5.6, book analytics, but it is based on clicking 5-6 times a day (I have ever click 8-9 times, but it is very rare, whether it is fromstep), to be awake until the early hours of the morning and to adjust the insulin levels for almost the days, praying so that there are no exponential increases or declines.And for me that is not normal life ...

The punctures do not hurt me at all, nor can I be able to eat sweets, or have to eat something with the descents, but that feeling of failure hurts, and nobody understands because it is, both the endocrine and my relatives nod and encourage me, they encourage me,But I know you can only understand another diabetic person.

Thanks to the one who has read it, I just wanted to let off steam.Much encouragement to all and if you already have it a little time to me, that I will need.A hug.

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
02/19/2016 4:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nor can you imagine to what extent I identify with your comments @rpk7, I think you have embroidered it, I do not know if you use any continuous monitor, I do, if I show you the graphics they fit with what you have explained, I have better times and other worse,But you can never lower your guard.

I think that is what most tired, being always controlling, not being able to rest from diabetes, or for a few days.

You are not the first (nor will you be the last) to open a topic to vent from diabetes, if you are looking for in the forum there are enough, it is good to get what we carry inside, and share it with whom you can understand, even the couple, family and friends, if they are not diabetic, they do not usually understand what diabetes implies.

Do not feel bad, the bad controls pass, and we have no choice but to follow, so I encourage, your glycosilada is very good, you may need to relax the controls a bit and lower the emotional pressure, especially the feeling of failure,You should not have it, and less with that result of the glyc, which in the end is what matters !!;)

Anyway, you have our support and encouragement !!, here we are for what you need.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2016 5:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@rpk7 As you say good better than another person who has diabetes to understand you.Just as @Fer I feel identified, but I would say that there are many people who have that sensation sometimes.

Last week they opened a new delegation of the Diabetic Association and I approach me, it is more to sign up since I was not in any and the one I had so far close I did not convey.There were my doctor and my nursingIt helps a lot, the family and health personnel support and try to help, but it is not the same.

I do not know if you have that option, and but here in the forum as you did, but dent to occasionally go well ... what you should not do is discourage or focus only on thinking about this, more with how controlled you are !!Give yourself a breath from time to time and above that mood !!:)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/19/2016 9:12 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@rpk7, huy, you don't know how you are telling me ...
Do every day exactly the same with the hope that they will be equal and not look at anything, turn to the head, now what is done wrong?, If yesterday at this time it was fine and today I have 300 ...
Be 24 hours aware of whether you go up or if you say days to prick 12-13 times and fingers ... that mentally exhausts anyone.
I think we are many who feel like that but as my compis Foros have told you, you have to come up and occasionally loosen the rope because if we do not live.
This forum has come from pearls, finding people in the same situation and not feeling like the worst diabetics in the world because I did not reach the controls that the endocrine wanted and thinking that it was me that made it fatal, now I see that this daggerDisease is so and you have good, bad and regular days, no one has perfect controls continuous as the Endocrine motorcycle sells us.
So when you have a day of the marsh

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/19/2016 9:52 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

You have all your right to have emotional low, all in this world whether for one reason or another it has them at some point, and it is most understandable.I am a girl with a girl with diabetes since June, and if I suffer those downs and fed up to cry, how you are not going to have them !!!!!
I can only tell you that a lot of encouragement, that you are some champions and true brave.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/19/2016 10 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@rpk7 the first thing congratulations on that glyc and for being so strict with your diabetes, it sometimes costs me!And the second, normal that you vent!We all have bad times and above all sometimes it happens that without knowing why sugar is uncontrolled, as @Fer does not get off the guard or a second and this is a background race ...
I personally find this forum helped me a lot at a time that was quite low in general, sometimes I felt that nobody understood me and now I see that there are many people who are in the same situation.I carry with diabetes virtually all my life, I started with 9 years and now turns 35!But hey, it's what there's, we have to go to hint ...
I send you a lot of encouragement and especially what they have already told you, relax a bit and give yourself a break emotionally.

All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/19/2016 12:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@rpk7 I also started like this, making cenes and controls of controls to maintain stable glycemia and at the beginning I got to have some hem of 5`8 but with what consequences ...?Well, being with hypoglycemia one day and another also until one day talking for a while with my endocrine with which I took greatThose around him ...
The files x ..?As @gala says, the truth is that they continue to touch the c ........ s but they relativizes them and I no longer like coconut as years ago, I know there are days that this is uncontrollable and a roller coasterAnd I try to mentalize me for it ... telling you that the last hemo was 7 and what 5 years ago would have seemed insufficient at the moment I think it's a good ...

Many spirits and try to relativize all this that we have had to live because if we could not live

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/19/2016 3:05 p.m.

We cannot blame ourselves for failing to do the work of an organ with a treatment that is almost 100 years old.

We do what we can, the fault is not ours, it is one of the media that we have that they are shit.

Cheer up.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/19/2016 3:08 p.m.

An announcement says "Life is not made to count calories", because much less to do everything you do.Try to relax and not give it so much importance.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/19/2016 3:57 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Have you tried with the Tresiba?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2016 4:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think we all feel identified because sometimes tired.But you don't have to feel bad about "bad" controls (although you have them wonderful).What is bad is to be thinking about diabetes, salt, listen to music, read, walk, interview but enjoy what you do every day.We are going to listen to you here so you are not ashamed because it is normal to feel overwhelmed.But I tell you try to distract you, not to not think, but enjoying.
A hug!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
02/19/2016 8:14 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Hello!My name is Rafael and it is the first time I write, although I have been reading the forum for a long time, which helps me a lot. I have 12 years of diabetic and as muchopted not to obsess me.

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
02/19/2016 10:52 p.m.

Well, welcome to the @rafaelcaballero forum and thanks for taking the step of writing, so you can help other foreros and people who (like you so far) read the forum, encourage and ask or share what you want !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2016 10:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2016 11:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Does the endocrine encourage you and still complain ????.

99'9 % of people with diabetes are blamed for their bad glycemic results .Going to the doctor produces great stress and we don't have any support, so consume thinking that at least something is doing well.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/19/2016 11:43 p.m.

Welcome to everyone, and this is indomitable many times.As much as it is said that there is always a reason that has to be, sometimes controlling is very difficult, doing the same, two different results.Nerves?infections?discomfort?insulin resistance?intense sport?Whatever you will have a reason but difficult to control.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/20/2016 12:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

My advice, if it is worth it, is that you do the best you can without ever expecting perfection.Accept that diabetes is the control of the uncontrollable, and do not despair.
Much encouragement !!!

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/20/2016 5:33 p.m.

That is rowing!And to live!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2016 6:39 p.m.

Cheer up !

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
02/20/2016 10:18 p.m.

Welcome @rpk7 and @rafaelcaballero

Do not feel bad and relax as far as possible @rpk7, this happens to all to a greater or lesser extent.Many times doing the same and taking the same measures we get one day from lime and another one of sand.It is curious that sometimes one day it gives you to make a "struggle" and you tell the way and I'm going to hit a small tribute, result?You have the following 24 hours with the best levels of the decade: D

Other days however much you insist there is no right.The only thing we can do is follow the general guidelines that we know for our diabetic education and if it goes well and if not ... tomorrow will be another day

Our dear companion would give for a whole season of the fourth millennium, hehehe

PS: Congratulations on your glycosilada, it is very good

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/21/2016 11:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.