{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

Come a little humor, I start.

Health personnel:
- "You can make a completely normal life."
- "This is heals at most 10 years."
- "debut" (I hate this, I always try to say that I have been diagnosed, not that "I have debuted").

People:
- "You can't eat sugar, right?"
- "I know a diabetic to catch his drunkenness and nothing happens."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I hate:

Ah, if diabetes, you don't eat sugar, right?
Surely they find a solution to this in 4 days, if there are many advances.
Diabetics?oh take care of how you cut yourself.

and the funniest:

Oh diabetic, my uncle, (grandfather, always a super distant relative) cut a leg (sometimes a finger) for being diabetic.

And a week ago an older man who said to have many knowledge of diabetes told me: Diabetics cannot work as mechanics PQ if they are cut they do not heal and have to be a lot of discharge.

Let's get out, :))

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/18/2015 12:32 p.m.

a last one, and this if I get to the soul because my father -in -law was from my son:
If necessary I pay € 10,000 € -12000 to cure the boy huh?If it is for money I have it.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/18/2015 12:33 p.m.

"My grandmother also has diabetes," I always put face to: Tell me more, that I am very interested.

And yesterday I met a girl who, apart from telling me the famous "my grandmother also has diabetes", when I told him that I could eat sugar without dying (he asked me like that like a hahaha) he told me that Ahhhh well, then it wasn'tSo if I can still eat chocolate even if I have to give me "a puncture a day" (sic).
I understand that people are ignorant with the subject (I was), but if you have no idea because they don't comment because they just say nonsense :))

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/18/2015 1:56 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

artories said:
- "debut" (I hate this, I always try to say that I have been diagnosed, not that "I have debuted").
I hate it too, I don't know why that word has to be said instead of the beginning, appearance, diagnosed ... but it is like educators when you know those 2 words "debut" and "hip" are already believed experts, and actuallyThey know less than a monkey with Alzheimer's.

And in general I also hate the infantilization with which they treat us in hospitals, associations, courses and others.As there may be any child, everything adapts to the crying and they speak to you as if we had some type of delay.And on top of that I have never seen any crio in these places, they must go to Pediatria or only their parents go.So all infantile language could save it and treat us as adult patients.That is the only thing I ask.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/18/2015 2:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

To me the most bother me are not the ones that can tell me, if not the ones I have to give to explain in the airports that I carry the insulin bowls and the continuous meter ... They look at you as a terrorist and the people around2 palms gossiping, that is not having the minimum of privacy and making normal people feel bad.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/18/2015 2:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The one who replaced me was in the hospital when, I "diagnosed me", (I go for you artoriss) I also don't like the debut), that a nurse came with a blade to remove points, I don't know if you know how they areBut it has about 2 tips and it was to control my finger with that (the puncturers, the lancets to hair were not yet, but blades?I didn't touch me with a finger and let out a:
"Calmate, that the diabetics can not get angry ... that the sugar is altered ..."
I remember that I looked at her with a face of fierce unleashed ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 3:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I believe that what bothers me the most of everything is when someone who knows another diabetic takes the freedom to tell you what you do right or wrong (depending on whether you do the same or not as its acquaintance) and suddenly the world isFull of endocrine that criticize you and look bad.

FunSugarFree's profile photo
FunSugarFree
06/18/2015 3:24 p.m.

It also gives me a lot of anger when someone tells you stories not to sleep from their relatives who have become blind, they have amputated them, etc ... Is that people do not know what empathy is?If someone tells me that you have a cancer, I can't tell him "ah yes, my uncle who rests in peace too."
Well, and in general that they assume what you can or/not do for diabetes (you can't eat that, you can't do that ...).

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/18/2015 6:57 p.m.

And that you tell me when someone finds out that you are diabetic and says: "Are you one of those who are click?", Accompanied by a face between disgust and disbelief ...

fer's profile photo
fer
06/18/2015 7:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

:)) :)) :)) That is very typical!Or, but what is you, the good or the bad?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 7:24 p.m.

Hahaha I have a good anecdote.Just diagnosed, I told a co -worker who was diabetic and that I had to prick insulin and the uncle began to dizzy and fainted right there!I stayed with a face ... I face, I guess there are people who really give the needles a lot of impression.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/18/2015 7:24 p.m.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Poor, what happens to them not knowing !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/18/2015 7:27 p.m.

And that of, there is ... and so young ... that lady, you encourage ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2015 7:31 p.m.

It bothers me a lot to tell me what I can and I can't do ("You can't eat sweets").
Yes I can, I just have to inject the insulin that corresponds to me.Besides, I am in Normopeso, not like you, aren't there mirrors in your home?:-(

It seems to me a low blow that they tell me, if I am angry or annoying "eat a little, go, that you are hypoglycemic.
Grrrr, I'm perfectly, but I have the same right as others to express some emotion from time to time !!!!!.

And, what burst me most, in general, is the people who want to "remove iron" and tell you: well, but you are fine, right? I see you well ... (as if they had a built -in glucometer).
No, I'm not fine.Glucose increases and descents are destroying me inside.Diabetes is one of the 10 diseases that causes the most dead and the first cause of blindness in the western world.I'm not fine, I'm screwed.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/18/2015 7:46 p.m.

roar said:
bothers me a lot to tell me what I can and I can't do ("You can't eat sweets").
Yes I can, I just have to inject the insulin that corresponds to me.Besides, I am in Normopeso, not like you, aren't there mirrors in your home?:-(

It seems to me a low blow that they tell me, if I am angry or annoying "eat a little, go, that you are hypoglycemic.
Grrrr, I'm perfectly, but I have the same right as others to express some emotion from time to time !!!!!.

And, what burst me most, in general, is the people who want to "remove iron" and tell you: well, but you are fine, right? I see you well ... (as if they had a built -in glucometer).
No, I'm not fine.Glucose increases and descents are destroying me inside.Diabetes is one of the 10 diseases that causes the most dead and the first cause of blindness in the western world.I'm not fine, I'm screwed.

I share what was said!And I include ...
_ They see you eating something sweet and they tell you ...

How do you spend right?Today you should have punctured the whole ball ...
(And they take for granted to everything.)

I hate tmb If you eat at someone's house, call you or ask k do to eat !!!
(I have enough task to make the menu of your celebration !!!!)

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/19/2015 2:15 p.m.

Ah, without a doubt, the phrase that I hate with all my being is

"Well, cancer is worse " ... grrr.

First, that is opinionable.Cancer is often cured (diabetes not yet), cancer does not enslave you with iron chains (we are slaves of the gulcosa and its capricious rises and descents), to a cancer patient no one blames him for having good or badResults (I have had to endure many broncas by all are people who have studied a lot but who have never had to deal with the control of the uncontrollable) ... and well, even if cancer was worse…. Is it notWe have the right to complain and express frustration?It is what I always say: if I take a brick and revive someone on the face, that he does not dare to complain, that cancer is worse!That is quiet and very grateful.Just as they want me to have "only" diabetes.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/20/2015 10:33 a.m.

It is also a phrase, and as I tell you, if but or you cure or die, this is not, this does not have a time limit, 3 months, 1 year, it is every day the same fight, it is acareer that you don't know how many km it is and you have to always be running and you never see the end (for me it is like that, that there will be other people who are very confident of diabetes)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/20/2015 12:43 p.m.

Yes, it's like Sisyphus's martyrdom: endless, without any meaning ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/20/2015 2:35 p.m.

As soon as they see you measure:
Are you OK ?Do you want something?
I'm just measuring man I'm not going to die.
Even so, they usually tell me wanting to help so get angry.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
06/20/2015 5:24 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.