My name is Javier, type 1 diabetic

xavi79's profile photo   11/07/2015 1:34 a.m.

Type 1 diabetic

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 1:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Xavi forum.A pleasure ;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/07/2015 1:32 p.m.

Welcome @xavi79

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/07/2015 2:02 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Xavi79, Welcome.!
Tell us something else.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 2:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Javier, what a joy to have you between us and welcome !!!Count something of you .........

ani's profile photo
ani
11/07/2015 2:28 p.m.

Well, I am 36 years old, I was detected the diabetes with 19 although I was sure to have it before ,,, I am type 1 diabetic and I have found this forum to talk to people like me diabetics ,,, to talk about my frustrations, motivations that motivations thatThere are few, I don't like walking or like food ,,, but hey ,,, that is the cross that we diabetics have, not being able to eat what we like ... in short I do not know what to say more...

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 3:38 p.m.

You can eat everything, with fast insulin at meals., But they are more punctures, of course.
Normally, the slow once a day and the fast before meals.
That gives freedom of schedules and meals.
With metmorphine, you will have to carry strict control of hydrates ..
Do you have hemoglobin well with that treatment?
Less than 7?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 4:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
you can eat everything, with fast insulin at meals., But they are more punctures, of course.
Normally, the slow once a day and the fast before meals.
That gives freedom of schedules and meals.
With metmorphine, you will have to carry strict control of hydrates ..
Do you have hemoglobin well with that treatment?
Less than 7?

No, I only have mixed, I had the previous analysis well in 7.2, but I have gone from eating what I should not and in the last analysis I had 9.2 so now I have to correct it, a lot of exercise, a lot of vegetables, meat and meatFish to the plecha, nothing salt, and my doctor has given me a period of time of 3 months to correct it ,,, which is what measures the glucosilada, the problem is that on an emptyEat and after walking I have 120, I am at light pace 1 hour every day and sometimes even more, like today, that I have finished so tired that I need to rest even if it is only one afternoon ... sometimes it despairs thatDo not go down more, because I get home with my heart out and the happy apartment measures almost the same ...

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 5:06 p.m.

If you are type 1, I think they should put you quick insulin instead of metmorphine... and more with that hemoglobin.,
Downloading based on exercise and limiting both hydrates does not always result.
That you see a good endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 5:22 p.m.

Javier, don't despair !!From Diabètes Alta we do not die any but if we accelerate the complications of spoiling vital organs such as: eyes, rhinons, heart, etc., that is why we can eat everything on the table, but controlling the quantity and quality that is ingestedBy day and according to insulin or medication units and physical energy expenditure, so, coral, patience and constancy and a great constant effort !!!!!!!ANI

ani's profile photo
ani
11/07/2015 5:23 p.m.

ani said:
Javier, don't despair !!From Diabètes Alta we do not die any but if we accelerate the complications of spoiling vital organs such as: eyes, rhinons, heart, etc., that is why we can eat everything on the table, but controlling the quantity and quality that is ingestedBy day and according to insulin or medication units and physical energy expenditure, so, coral, patience and constancy and a great constant effort !!!!!!!ANI

Well, I don't know ,,, live in the city of free cajajaja tapites, it is very complicated not to fall into temptation, and even more if you like to accompany her with a fresh beer, and vegetables, no artichokes, nor cauliflower nor coliflor nor cabbage, so I find it a lot to eat ...

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 5:30 p.m.

regina said:
If you are type 1, I think they should put fast insulin instead of metmorphine?.. and more with that hemoglobin.,
Downloading based on exercise and limiting both hydrates does not always result.
That you see a good endocrine.

I asked my doctor if we could raise the insulin and told me that he was not interestedUnder the glucose ,,,,

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 5:33 p.m.

@xavi79, change endocrine, to put the appropriate treatment for type1.No satisf yourself with a hem greater than 7. If you are in 6, better
.With the right treatment you will have much better control and much less sacrificed.You will make a much more normal life.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2015 5:38 p.m.

Did you say mixed or metmorphine?I am not clear.
If it is mixed without raising dose, you could upload a percentage, years ago I went with them and it is more difficultTouch your noses a bit.Silly times we all have;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/07/2015 5:43 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Are you taking metformin?If so, you are already changing endocrine to another who knows what you are doing, because if you are type1 it is as if you are taking water pills.With 180 basal it is evident that you do not have well adjusted the Lantus.I do not have as much experience as you with the disease, but clinical knowledge for my profession, and it is the only thing that I dare to advise you.Shake yourself the basal insulin yourself and stop taking the metformin.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
11/07/2015 5:46 p.m.

gemater said:
did you say mixed or metmorphine?I am not clear.
If it is mixed without raising dose, you could upload a percentage, years ago I went with them and it is more difficultTouch your noses a bit.We have all silly times;)

both, mixed with metformin, 20 units in the morning and another 20 at night, and half a pill metformin at breakfast and a half at dinner ,,,,

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 5:48 p.m.

Thank you all for your animals ,,, I needed them, because I am with a dog humor ,,,,

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 5:49 p.m.

xorxie said:
are you taking metformin?If so, you are already changing endocrine to another who knows what you are doing, because if you are type1 it is as if you are taking water pills.With 180 basal it is evident that you do not have well adjusted the Lantus.I do not have as much experience as you with the disease, but clinical knowledge for my profession, and it is the only thing that I dare to advise you.Ajes yourself the basal insulin yourself and stop taking the metformin.

Well,, to see, at first they considered me that it was type 1 because I said there were no young people with type 2.But in the last revision that I went to the endocrine he told me that it was probably of type 2, that there were already children with type 2, but I know that type 2 do not need to puncture, unless there are complications, the truth is thatThat believing I have to continue clicking, who sent me the metformin was the endocrine and apart I take losartan for tension and secalip for triglyceride, according to they told me to protect ...

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/07/2015 6:01 p.m.

@Xavi79, I have answered you in another thread because I had not seen this.My case is very similar to yours, but I get Lantus and Novorapid.I complement me with metformin and losartan to avoid damaging the kidney, and it is working.Each is a world, but with 1 hour walking, which is extraordinary, you should not have that glycisilada.We all sin a little every day and counteract it by adjusting fast and in many other ways.As they say here, it changes endocrine that the problem is not you.As poor Mr. Montes said, life can also be wonderful!And sometimes just change insulin, dose or schedules!I encourage and ask what you want, I do not have awards to the diabetic of the year and I am at 6.8 and bass, changing 4 things.Of course, if you got with a dexcom or a freestyle your life would turn a turn, sure

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/07/2015 8:35 p.m.

You can also come to Barcelona, ​​which until the third round does not put you olive.I don't have that problem jjjjj!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/07/2015 8:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.