{'en': 'Free freestyle sensor allergy', 'es': 'Alergia sensor FreeStyle Libre'} Image

Free freestyle sensor allergy

Anaisabel's profile photo   01/14/2016 9:15 p.m.

@jconegar, but how do you get the hole?I saw the video of how they do with Dexcom, but with the free sensor I don't know how I can do.When I open another sensor I will look to see how I can do it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/21/2016 12:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't have the free, would you have to see it, you can't make a hole first in the aposty that will go in contact with the skin first in that of the free?And then do you hit the free on the skin?I don't know if I explain well

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/21/2016 12:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi @anaisabel this afternoon I wear the sensor, tomorrow I tell you how, I'm a little nervous to see if it's going well.The hitting with the hole, I believe and say that I do not use decom, that the Free needle is much more lazy and that can make it difficult to apply it, especially in case it twists, that goodbye sensor.
Health

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/21/2016 1:20 p.m.

Today work of afternoons and I am not going to take it out now because I will have to cure etc., but at night I am going to take it out because the itching is constant and I do not want it to go more the possible rash I carry.
When you get some Apbito I will look at the way of being able to put it on.
@lemurdiabetico, you will tell how you are doing.
@jconegar, I understand what you mean.I'll try to do it.

Anaisabel
01/21/2016 1:32 p.m.

But @lemurdiabetic you cannot make a hole on the tape that will go on the skin, with one of those that make holes in folios, that has the hole made since it does not have to go through.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/21/2016 1:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I just removed it and I have a rash.I have called customer service and they will change it to me.
On the other week I go to the endocrine and see the if he tells me what I can do and if I will do the usual to continue with my usual glucometer.

Anaisabel
01/21/2016 10:53 p.m.

I have been put on the new sensor for about 12 hours and for now all bie, I don't want to think much, it will be that I think so much to picar hehehehe.
@Anaisabel you will tell us how everything ends, what bad luck !!!
all the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/22/2016 10:05 a.m.

It happened to me the same with the last three sensors, in the previous 4 or 5 I had no problem, a slight irritation.The appearance in my case is very similar to that indicated by @lemurdiabetico.I also believe that the adhesive has changed something.Let's see what happens in the next.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
01/22/2016 11:16 a.m.

When reading the previous comments I have encouraged myself to disassemble a freestyle applicator.The first time I removed a sensor, I was surprised by the flexibility of the filament that leaves us inside the skin, I did not explain how I could transfer it without bending.And the other day to see an animation of how the Dexcom applies that they used the same system to host the filament.Actually, what crosses the skin is a metal needle where the sensor carries is housed inside, then when the skin has already pierced and leaves the sensor with the non -metallic filament under the skin.I do not believe then that there is a problem in putting some dressing under the skin.I will more specifically try with Fixomull Transparent in a few days.I do not think it is necessary to previously drill the dressing.I'll tell you.
I don't know if I have explained well.I leave the video link where it is seen clearly.Also photo of the "disassembly"
Link

calerun's profile photo
calerun
01/22/2016 11:55 a.m.

Hello!!I tell you new experience: Iago has been using the freestyle for almost a year and has not had allergy problems, except in the last one that we have also worked, which was firmly stuck and even found it painful to take it out.I have claimed Abbott and as always without any problem they replenish the sensor.
On another occasion the sensor stuck and also the needle that guides the filament, which in the center of the sensor appeared a small lump.When I carefully extracted the Iago needle, he said, he said it was the first time that it bothered him.The sensor did not work either.
The truth is that in this year of use of the freestyle we have had everything but Iago is supercontent with him, even protest when they take to send it.So with all your deficiencies I think we will continue to use it a big time, until something better appears [-o <

Enma's profile photo
Enma
01/22/2016 12:08 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

It is not to scare, but it may not be a change in the adhesive but simply the allergic process by usual contact, which goes from less to more.It is always like that.If it is not avoided, it can produce reactions even in other areas of the body that are not in contact.

Normal is not enough in general.As I have already put 3 or 4 times by the forum, we are now, for the Dexcom, with:
- Two abundant layers of Cavilon Spray (it is the one that endures the longest adhered to the skin and better quality).
- Two transparent patches of Tegaderm (with a hole where the needle will enter)
- Always apply it in an absolutely healthy skin zone and recovered from the previous sensor (in that, Dexcom gives more possibilities).
On this we apply the adhesive/Dexcom sensor.

It is the only way we have managed to have absolutely any reaction (which by the way, continued to have this system very slightly until it disappears completely).

I would not recommend putting the needle crossing a dressing.Of course the needle will cross it without problems.But part of the skin can enter and, in 14 days, produce a beautiful infection.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/22/2016 2:51 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thank you very much for the Aaandres councils, it had not occurred to me that part of the aposty could enter, I will try Cavilon Spray and the rest of the process as you indicated.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
01/22/2016 4:27 p.m.

Well I could not endure and today I have put the sensor again.I have placed it in the abdomen.I hope to tell you that I am doing greatly and that I do not pike me or anything at all.I have been with the Tresiba insulin for seven days and I will see how it acts.

@lemurdiabetico, how are you?

Anaisabel
02/06/2016 2:24 p.m.

@Anaisabel you inform us that the measures in the abdomen would not have to go wrong truth ..?I is one of the sites where I want to try along with the upper gluteus part ... you tell us ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/06/2016 3:33 p.m.

At the moment it is not going very well.There is enough difference.Freestyle 60 less ago.

Anaisabel
02/07/2016 9:26 a.m.

I do not remember very well, I already tried the freestyle, could not be calibrate?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/07/2016 11:06 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

calerun said:
When reading the previous comments I encourage myself to disassemble a freestyle applicator.The first time I removed a sensor, I was surprised by the flexibility of the filament that leaves us inside the skin, I did not explain how I could transfer it without bending.And the other day to see an animation of how the Dexcom applies that they used the same system to host the filament.Actually, what crosses the skin is a metal needle where the sensor carries is housed inside, then when the skin has already pierced and leaves the sensor with the non -metallic filament under the skin.I do not believe then that there is a problem in putting some dressing under the skin.I will more specifically try with Fixomull Transparent in a few days.I do not think it is necessary to previously drill the dressing.I'll tell you.
I don't know if I have explained well.I leave the video link where it is seen clearly.Also photo of the "disassembly"
Link

My mother, what a sneak that you have made @calerun, now the next one that puts me I will think seriously;)) I do not think it is a good idea to let the needle transfer the aposty, it would be better to leave a cut cut into medium

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2016 11:35 a.m.

aaandres said:
is not for scare, but it may not be a change in the adhesive but simply the allergic process by usual contact, which goes from less to more.It is always like that.If it is not avoided, it can produce reactions even in other areas of the body that are not in contact.

I think that the ideal in case of reacting is to change the areas.That is, for example, start in the left arm, gut left side, left thigh, right thigh, right side gut, right arm ...
Fortunately I have no reaction although I play wood.

DiabetesForo
02/07/2016 11:37 a.m.

anaisabel said:
well I have not been able to endure and today I have put the sensor again.I have placed it in the abdomen.I hope to tell you that I am doing greatly and that I do not pike me or anything at all.I have been with the Tresiba insulin for seven days and I will see how it acts.

@lemurdiabetico, how are you?

Let's see if you are lucky @anaisabel and you are better

DiabetesForo
02/07/2016 11:38 a.m.

gala said:
I don't remember very well, I already tried the freestyle, it could not be calibrate?

You cannot calibrate gala, or you get good, very good, regular, bad or very bad.Personally I must be lucky because I have touched regular to very good.This one that I currently have is of the "very good", it is almost the capillary since minute 1

DiabetesForo
02/07/2016 11:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.