{'en': 'What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?', 'es': 'Cual fue tu cambio desde que te diagnosticaron Diabetes?'} Image

What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?

ani's profile photo   07/27/2016 7:46 p.m.

The key is to adapt to change.

«It is not the strongest of species that survives and neither does the smartest.It survives the one that most adapts to change ».
Ch. Darwin

Try it, always try it.
"A person who has never made a mistake never tries anything new."
A. Einstein,

In our trajectory of Diabtcs, there is to adapt to the new changes that she, the dbts, imposes us and due to errors, we learn and improve our present living !!

ani's profile photo
ani
06/10/2018 5 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It cost me about 2 years to accept it.

It helped me that I had buried my brother, who looked 6 years in a row against a scleroderma that did not give him truce and with which he had loss the departure beforehand.

We have the diet, exercise, insulin, bombs, continuous meters ... My brother would have given anything for having a minimal chance.Yes, it puts you to the limit of your resilience, it kills you little by little, but, that is not life.Of course, if you compare with people without DB, it is not fair, life is not, but you choose whoever shares.

Today, after almost 20 years exercising and taking care of myself, I feel healthier than most of my friends.I can run a half marathon in less than 2h or swim 3000m in less than 1h, I traveled and I still toured the world without any limitation, even through places like Ethiopia ....

DB is not an obstacle to my happiness because I do not grant him that privilege, he does not deserve it.

Maybe, in 20 more years and with the complications of the DB and age I will not think the same, but I will try

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/10/2018 6:14 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Hello, Pramru, I see that you already use insulin fiasp, do you notice advantages over the rapids?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2018 6:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The question is where Fiasp has been prescribed because in Spain I think it was not yet ...?@"PRAMTRA"

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/10/2018 10:16 p.m.

Yes, I notice it.It is faster and reduces postprandial peaks more effectively.

Here in UK you prescribe it

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/10/2018 11:04 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

Because it has the same price as the novorapid

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/10/2018 11:05 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

@"Ajm" your salt and enjoy.Of course I only drink 1 copita because the soft drinks carry sugar but sometimes, as at the wedding of this weekend, the tonic without sugar appears and then I with a full stomach (if it is not dangerous) I encourage and take 2 copies.Of course, I have no habit, the next day I am made dust.
If I leave the reed I take a glass of wine and without problems, I do not alter the glucose, more than 3 I have not tried and always eating something.
I try to make a life of the most normal, but I will not drink as if I had 20 years less and it was not diabetic.Nor did I do it at that age and I didn't have this disease.Enjoy a lot without doing what young people do now.

Dare and go ahead.We are very afraid because professionals know that little by little we will miss the fear of diabetes and we will get out of the site.
I jump out of the pot, but with a head.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/11/2018 7:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, my name is Alfredo and I am 30 years old, recently I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for obesity.It can be said that diabetes changes your life, it's like being chained.I know that most of you suffer from type1 diabetes and for you it was even more difficult, personally I had to change my food intake eating much healthier, avoiding the sugar as much as possible and starting to exercise.I guess it's good because I am sincere is the first time I invest in my body and in my health.

Fr3Dix's profile photo
Fr3Dix
06/11/2018 5:55 p.m.

I will comment briefly.The change I see looking 40 years ago are many.How did Ani know we didn't know anything.Learning that when you have it is and you urine is transparent you carry sugar through the clouds that the syringes and needles of 40 or 50 years ago hurt a lot and was injected very deeply.The change I see regarding my debut is that I am part of the story and what can I help young people who debut now.A advice about your illness do not learn in a month.If I see myself 40 years ago I think there are many worse diseases than what we have our community.Courage to all debutants and count on me

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/31/2020 7:37 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Depression, it is my feeling, I control myself but I keep the same eating less sugar in sweetIt will not force me to eat if I did not feel like, I have type 2 and it is a disgustingHe always asked with all the advances there, how are we so behind it? Is frustrating.

13wikimar's profile photo
13wikimar
10/02/2022 7:49 a.m.

I feel very identified with all of you ... I have not been a year and there is no day to think that my life is only worthwhile to see my children grow and share my life with them as long as possible ... I am broken byInside, sad, I have become an anguished, crying mother, that every day I hug them I think it can be the last ... that I have lost my pleasure to go to restaurants, family meals (I carry my tupper) and look for anotherside, renouncing the things that I liked so much, that I am afraid to travel, ultimately live ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/02/2022 10:25 p.m.

@Cassie you don't have to give up certain foods, you can eat them with the necessary insulin.
You can travel and do everything you liked.
I have a low diet in hydrates for a year but if I go to a special event and there is something that I like, I try a little;I always reject the desserts, I do not pass out there, but for example, a prawn to the gabardine, or a teaspoon of farm Jews to see how they know ... if I take myself.Insulin is there to know how to rectify or put a little more at a special meal.

You have to adapt diabetes to your lifestyle, not the other way around.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2022 8:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello.
I am not a diabetic, but I am here for my son who has debuted with only 18 months of age.We have been with this for a month and the truth is that there are days when I get up is only for him.When they told me that it is a diabetic, the world fell on me, the truth is unfair, and I think that I would hope I had touched me and not him.I just hope science advances and something comes out that makes your life better.

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
10/03/2022 5:41 p.m.

Cassie said:
I feel very identified with all of you ... I have not been a year and there is no day that I think my life is only worthwhile to see my children grow up and share my lifeWith them as long as possible ... I am broken inside, sad, I have become an anguished, crying mother, that every day I hug them I think it can be the last ... that I have lost my pleasure for going to restaurants, to family meals (I carry my tupper) and I look the other way, renouncing the things that I liked so much, that I am afraid to travel, ultimately live ...
Fati love.
It is true that I have a quite stoic personality and it has cost me little to assume this condition.The disease cannot be avoided, suffering does.
Ask for psychological help, it is a shame to live in suffering.I hope it will happen to you soon

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/04/2022 11:54 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA I also hope that it will happen to me soon ... you caught me at a time of downturn and the comments did nothing but foster my thoughts and I will sincere how I felt at that time;Seeing that there are people who have been with this disease for years and are still with the same restlessness ... but as my husband says I am a strong woman, and I can with this ... but not with more!hahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/04/2022 12:36 p.m.

@Ruthbia .... We want to make a trip to Ireland about 3 days, my husband and I, but I say: And what am I going to eat around, I take the scale?I ask Salad and Steak at all hours?hahaha my educators tell me the same thing that diabetes has to adapt to me, not me, but it is complicated ... especially at the beginning ... my insulin needs were a few months ago and now they are others.... What I had targeted in the notebook with some meals, it doesn't work for me anymore ... and the low insulin desulin give me panic.In fact, I do not punctuate many units, my diet is based on vegetables, proteins and some brushstrokes of hydrates .... the righteous to inject something: 2-3 UD.I think the maximum that I have put into 7 units and at noon (which is when I need more) ... but rarely.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/04/2022 12:48 p.m.

@Cassie in Ireland I was in June, 4 days and this Friday I go to UK, 6 days .... Imagine what diet !!!

Now I am at the worst moment, I have a crisis with insulin, I have gone from 4 units in meals to 12 or 20 suddenly and I have not reached for days.I thought I would come down with menstruation and when I went cold, but no, here I continue, without control.
I put insulin, I react and bass at 80 and at 2.5 hours, when the novorapid goes out again to 160. I have uploaded the basal from 14 to 22 and I do not get normal values.
I already had a similar episode 4 years ago, I lasted a month and I had to get used not to get out of 160, there was no form.Endocrine did not know what to tell me, the protocol is insulin and more insulin.It goes as it comes, but you have to pass it.

In Ireland I ate a lot of chicken, and chicken and more chicken, coffee with soy and take my protein bread in the suitcase.They have left over :) hamburgers without bread and the best place was a Chinese because there were at least meats to choose from (scratching the sauces) throughout Dublin I only found two Irish typical food restaurants that are stewed with old lamb with many potatoes.Everything else is hamburgers, pizzas to Tutiphen and hot puppies.Thus they are fat.He had been learning English and did not remember it that way.

The good thing is that he walks a lot and burns everything on vacation.

In uk, some friends invite us one day ... but to an Indian ..... now more of the same.

On the back regular, for a few days nothing happens.My glyc has risen, of course, but not excessive, from 5.9 to 6.3.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/04/2022 2:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia you are a sun!Hahaha I understand your words that when you travel you have to "rush" with lack of control ... You have given me a joy with putting the protein bread in the suitcase that I don't even tell you!(I thought they did not leave) ... I already see you scratching the chicken sauce: D hey, not so badly ..... we will look for an appropriate weekend and I will embark ... I think I don't have to always be thinking aboutThe possible future consequences, that is what limits me .... Maybe a pot falls down the street and I don't even tell it!:#
Really, thank you very much <3 you have made me smile by reading you and you have opened my eyes a little more ...
Enjoy in UK a lot and then tell me your experience;) By the way, I hope your crisis will be resolved soon, although I see that you take it with another mood, I suppose I have to take time and send my fear of hell.:*

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/04/2022 3:20 p.m.

Buff, forgive but you are giving me a depression, I cannot comment because I was born type 1, but please ask you to encourage it, that we do not have a disease, terminal and today I think we are very controlled by the doctors, view reviews, analytics..... come encourage everyone

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
10/10/2022 7:05 p.m.

titartimartinez said:
buff, forgive but you are giving me depression, I cannot comment because I was born type 1, but please ask you to encourage you, that we do not have a disease, terminal and today I think I thinkthat we are very controlled by the doctors, view reviews, analytics ..... come encourage all

Well, you are the perfect person to encourage those parents with very young children who detect type 1 and write in the forum totally depressed.You have lived it in the first person being the child and I think you are perfectly adapted.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/10/2022 8:21 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.