{'en': 'What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?', 'es': 'Cual fue tu cambio desde que te diagnosticaron Diabetes?'} Image

What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?

ani's profile photo   07/27/2016 7:46 p.m.

Suddenly someone appears with new news about our "estimated health, xxxxxxxx, you live with diabetes".Many of us had no idea about diabetes.Those who were diagnosed being children or knew what that word meant.Suddenly we had to learn about the effects of certain foods on our glucose levels, we had to memorize times of action and functions of some drugs and we had to become chemicals to perform experiments and measure our blood glucose concentration.There are many and very big changes in a person's life.

However, the human being has the ability to adapt to change .... slow, fast, happy, unhappy but we can adapt.

What was the greatest change in your life after your diagnosis?How did you deal with this change?Let's help our new friends in this forum that our experience can help them greatly.

ani's profile photo
ani
07/27/2016 7:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mine did not create to help anyone

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/27/2016 10:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Go free to live in jail.Nothing else.

I did not have to learn anything, because there is nothing to learn from diabetes.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/27/2016 11:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I share with the classmates, my life changed totally.We can but fighting a million times more than the others.
It is not a sea of ​​roses.
Well there is a part that I differ, learn if I have had to learn a lot to be able to survive and try to lead a life no more similar than others because it is not so, but try that diabetes stops me little, but it costs a lot.
My head is a computer in continuous work process that must be changed processes and RAM continuously to be able to update day by day, and those changes go to my coast with real aid especially of all of us who share this tenth of lottery that weHe has played without buying the lottery and also all those who live with us and who often endure us because our behavior (at least mine) is not most pleasant as a result of not being able to rest like the others, hopefullyI could train I thinking only as others do.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/27/2016 11:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

My change was to lose tranquility and live distorted a lot of time.The other change was to regain balance, although never as before.
What comforts me is to see my daughter calm and happy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2016 3:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My feelings are the same as Regina, I suppose it is because in our case it was our daughter.Uneasiness, fear, despair ..... Gradually we are improving our feelings, to the extent that diabetes allows us.But the change that amazes me the most and with what I stay and makes me forget many things, is that my daughter demonstrated an unthinkable maturity for a 13 -year -old girl;Maturity, courage and struggle that follow a year later and from which he has learned to value many things that her friends do not value or subtract importance to many things that for others of her age is a problem.As I say, diabetes has brought us many changes, mostly "bad", but also many good and has made our lives among wonderful people, which understands what we are happening.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/28/2016 11:58 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Yes, life changes;Mia 100%.To eat anything, go from meals for work, travel without worries, eat in the canteen of work, live relaxed, never go to the doctor, sleep happy and rest .... to have to learn to eat 5 times a day,Do sports, not try the rice or potatoes, count rations, glycemic indices, continuous visits to endocrinology and nurses for material, organize meals, stew at home and end up exhausted from collecting so much, loading all day with insulin, glucometers and others, noSleep ... and always worried about not going on anything, having a good and without complications control.

You adapt because you have no choice, but it is not a good taste dish and it is hopeless to know that it has no cure today.And that I have the rest of my life to keep clicking, thinking, controlling ... never ends.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/28/2016 12:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
if your life changes;Mia 100%.To eat anything, go from meals for work, travel without worries, eat in the canteen of work, live relaxed, never go to the doctor, sleep happy and rest .... to have to learn to eat 5 times a day,Do sports, not try the rice or potatoes, count rations, glycemic indices, continuous visits to endocrinology and nurses for material, organize meals, stew at home and end up exhausted from collecting so much, loading all day with insulin, glucometers and others, noSleep ... and always worried about not going on anything, having a good and without complications control.

You adapt because you have no choice, but it is not a good taste dish and it is hopeless to know that it has no cure today.And that I have the rest of my life to keep clicking, thinking, controlling ... never ends.

I call all that to live in a prison.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/28/2016 1:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I believe that being a young I did not realize, probably my mother at that time happened to him as well as @regina and @rociollinares.
What has been spent and when I opened my eyes, I realized that my life would not be like that of others and that if or if I had to live with it.I don't like it !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
07/28/2016 2:43 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Sherpa41 in a way yes...
It is a prison because you have limited freedom to exercise, eat or take anything

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/28/2016 9:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me on the outside, even among my loved ones, I look more or less as before, I still do a lotNot suitable for diabetics "...

I value all that and I think it is very good, but being honest as it can only be in this forum: a great part of me, my happiness, the day of my diagnosis died and it will not return until there is a cure.

I am still a cheerful person who does everything and is happy, but I feel that I can never have a complete fecility even if I fulfill my dreams, have children, touch the lottery, dominate the world or fly.
Not as long as it is a guy who does not click he dies.

Of course, no one of my loved ones will ever know and for them I will continue to be the example of "carrying a disease like this good that it does not notice."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/29/2016 9:05 p.m.

I trust that the new treatments make our lives more and more easy, but while so much we have to enjoy life as much as you can. If anxiety seizes, it is medically, that we do not prevent us from living !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2016 11:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Arotorias I drop the tears reading you ... that has been my attitude so far, but as the mother of a two -year -old diabetic girl ... when I go first in a state of disbelief, because although there is a history,I never thought that my daughter would have a little time ... Then I said you have to take it as well as possible for her and from the first day and with the knowledge she had (much less than those who believed) she took the bull for the hornsAnd try to simulate the maximum possible normality (although I cry as a dentor every time my daughter takes out a bag of chuches from some birthday and say you cannot eat it ...), so it was, so far, in which she has arrivedA point that can accumulated anxiety and I have already asked for help, because it is not easy neither the disease nor everything that has brought me (having to ask for leaves while fighting to get a transfer or a reduction of paid day, organizing howWe will do for school because it is his first year, trying to encourage my parents when I'm either well ...)
Anyway ... you have to take it as well as possible and that will continue trying.
Thanks to all of this forum for how much you have taught and helped me.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/30/2016 4:01 p.m.

I totally agree with everyone, I take a little bit of the reflection of each one and I do it mine ...
I remember when I left the hospital in the previous talk with my educator, which is by the way it is a charm, and asked me, the police will never smile ..?And my answer was "until yesterday I was smiling ...": D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/30/2016 6:15 p.m.

My mother the truth that we are relieved but well ... group therapy;)

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/31/2016 9:32 a.m.

I have borne my life.Before the bitter the oppositions and now this.I have been this weekend with friends and I have not been able to enjoy anything because the character is souring me.I spend the day looking like people eat and drink what they want and I think to myself that this is a punishment

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/01/2016 8:59 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well, a lot of courage for everyone ... you don't have to think what others do, if not what would you like to do and as more or less get it.
In feeding issues it is relatively easy, it is a matter of getting more insulin, now in sports challenges, it has more crumb the thing.

Yesterday I left comilona with glasses and everything.Great glycemia, flat curve, but I have a terrible hangover today ... They are no longer ages ... so @nila can do many things and enjoy friends is a matter of finding the right pattern at every moment.Do not limit your life and look forward.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/01/2016 2:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not put insulin or have a pill so or as based on lettuce basically or everything goes up and is horrible having to be giving explanations to everyone.If you ask for water, you already have a comment for not asking for alcohol.If you go to fish bars and ask in common, all fried, if you don't want a drink, again.My friends do not understand it, they think that since I have no treatment it is roll everything and I exaggerate or if they tell me that Fulanito is diabetic or eat x or baby and.And it turns out that these people are insulin -dependent

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/01/2016 3:19 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I do not remember life without diabetes so I can say little but obviously it is not a dish of good taste for anyone, there are days that you are even noses but I at least, as a general rule, I get well.I keep the comment of @Artorias.
I have my mother here next to her and she says that for her it was a total and absolute disgust, the world fell on her, yes, she always hid it in front of me, what I do remember is that I had a monitoring and controlled day and nightAnd she confirms me that she would always have wanted her to happen to her and not me.Today he thinks like me, which is a task but that taking care of himself can lead a virtually normal life.
When I started, he punctured me with syringe and the machines to measure glycemia were another world compared to what is now so that under my humble opinion, things have improved, although there is still much to go ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/01/2016 9:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nila said:
I do not put insulin or have a pill so or as based on lettuce basically or everything goes up and is horrible having to be giving explanations to everyone.If you ask for water, you already have a comment for not asking for alcohol.If you go to fish bars and ask in common, all fried, if you don't want a drink, again.My friends do not understand it, they think that since I have no treatment it is roll everything and I exaggerate or if they tell me that Fulanito is diabetic or eat x or baby and.And it turns out that these people are insulin -dependent

@Nila, I would go to the endocrine to me to recipe me to control glycemia and have a better quality of life.If everything you eat goes up, of course it is not enough to diet and exercise, and it is normal for you to be fed up and that is encouraged to demoralize you.Go to the doctor and that I prescribe half a pill, in the end the blood glucose is treated and you can live well, depression is much more difficult to treat and get out of it.
Be heavy and tell him that you just want to try it to see how you are doing ... Yes, you get nothing, change your doctor.The important thing is you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 11:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.