{'en': 'What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?', 'es': 'Cual fue tu cambio desde que te diagnosticaron Diabetes?'} Image

What was your change since you diagnosed you diabetes?

ani's profile photo   07/27/2016 7:46 p.m.

@Artorias, that is what worries me about my daughter, we have been with this for a year, and she is still the same, at any time she has lost her smile or has changed her way of being, she has not even asked why her, not a jolin, nor that roll to carry this load day by day ... and with 14 years that he is worried that this takes him inside and does not externalize it.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/03/2016 10:23 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello, the truth is that after everything read, your regular body is left ... I have just been with this "condition" for four months.When I was diagnosed on April 1, I thought I was dying, I couldn't stop cryThey gave two insulin bolis, a quick and a slow, not only does sugar influence my family ... There are no diabetics, I didn't know anything at all.When I went to my head doctor, in my health center, I had the best of the luck, a nurse (with a diabetic son), seeing me crying in the hall, he asked me what happened to me, and from minute one, IHe helped learn to count rations, to explain what diabetes is ... We both believe that my diabetes has manifested at this time because 2015 went for me a horrible year due to stress.
Since then, of course my life has changed, you have no choice but to have, with punctures, watching what you eat ... I live alone, I am 32 years old, I have always been to leave and enter and not worry anything about whatI ate ... Now I'm afraid, of course I have it, almost everything, and I don't talk to anyone much, I don't want my parents to see me badly, I don't want them to suffer, I want them to think I get along, but in myIncentos they torment me certain fears, to the sequels that this disease will leave over the years, to a serious nocturnal hypoglycemia, not to wake up ... and alone.Yes, I recognize it, I'm afraid.
But I also believe that this disease (which of course I have not chosen and which I am not glad to suffer) has also taught me, I have already told you that 2015 was a horrible year for me, and yes, diabetes helped me to throw thebrake, to worry about the important, to take distance ... and now I live with diabetes, but quieter, enjoying more of the things that matter to me and trying to send to the damn those that do not matter to me.I always say it, I have the same problems I had, the same, but I try to look at them with other eyes, I've been very new, but I try to see him with optimism.
ah!I forgot, every day I get up thinking that soon, we will heal, and that among all, we have to force, unite to pressure, and investigate until they truly find a solution.
I hope I haven't bored with my story, I wish you all a happy Wednesday!

aritagc83's profile photo
aritagc83
08/03/2016 12:09 p.m.

32 años DMT1 desde abril 2016.
Apidra 7-5-3 (aprox) 12 Tresiba (noche)
Hemo 6,2

@Aritagc, welcome to the sweet "clan" !!!I am ani c/55anos d dbts !!!And I check, through your comment, that we all "seem" in infinite things and reactions when at the beginning you have to face this "sweetness" and our "see the future" to follow !!Do not despair, listen, read this forum why you will check everything here is commented and draws your own conclusion, because all DBTCs are different, both in treatment, and in reacting to this disease, take care and much encouragement

ani's profile photo
ani
08/03/2016 3:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

"Rociollinares">, that's what worries me about my daughter, ...........
My dear Rocio, I read your text and would like to tell you that she does the same thing, because she knows that it is a "responsibility" (let's call like this) for her life and that only she belongs to her and does not want to give concern to who herMother, what was, this and will be next to her, always !!!!!!!!!, look that you do the same?You do not want to give or demonstrate concern, because it is for your whole life, (let's wait soon an advance in science) but, for the moment it is the present, and you have to live and cling to these advances !!!Go, woman, a lot of encouragement and take care !!!Sweet kisses for Maria,

ani's profile photo
ani
08/03/2016 3:39 p.m.

@aritagc83 welcome to the forum, but not to this hell to carry this disease, it is a very long and hard sentence, there are those who lead him to get something positive, I in particular do not get anything, (discipline, eat well, take care, knowing your body, etc. can be obtained without suffering from this poison.to worry/think about diabetes.time.Damocles calculates with your sword either newborn, children, adolescents and adults, leaving the marked devastating mark of the life, it is that hard and unfortunately we must even endure what I will hold as a result of age.I am sorry to be the one who bitter the presentation, perhaps I could have painted it with roses, but I would be cheating you.This disease is Joker's disease requires you to have a drawn smile permanently, despite being fucked, sad and undone inside.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/03/2016 4:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Good morning everyone, afternoons for my pq I have already eaten, I soon enter to work.I wanted to write something in this thread since I read the statement, but I needed time to find the words with which try to express that it meant and in which the appearance of diabetes in my 23 -month -old daughter.
I think in my case was a loss of innocence.A discover that everything could change in a moment and that life could become a nightmare, and that had to learn to live in a new world full of fears, anguish, dangers, schedules, careers, learn to think incessantly, about everything, aboutEverything, a thousand times, without leaving improvisation.
Over time, some things change for better or less bad, there are advances, (few in my opinion, although important), living certain T situations is strongly strong, and you acquire the capacity of reaction.But with the loss of innocence that brought diabetes came the real and potential fear to lose a child, it came to live ugly situations and limits, ambulance trips, income, difficult questions to answer.The anxiety and pasture of Lexatin also came as a result of the tremendous responsibility, which becomes suffocating.In the case of being a single -parent family, it is already to hallucinate.M diabetes made more unbrowning, sometimes more realistic, sometimes even paradoFuck, with forgiveness, diabetes.
You have to learn to live with her, of course, it makes you strong, of course, like any other limit circumstance in life, and there are undoubtedly worse.But the animic and psychological changes that it brings are so deep, so deep changes, that in many cases they condition changes in personality and you become different .... Naturally this is something personal and each one lives it in their own way, there are peopleSuperpositive as @ani that see the good side ... I wanted to leave my reflection here.Hugs to everyone.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/06/2016 1:42 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Nila ... I have no therapy for this pathology because with the correct food and the exercises my values ​​have returned to normal.To put it in some way ... but from what I see is not your case ... as they advised you change your doctor, you will need a drug to control it ... and you are right every time you go anywhere and insistin which you drink something and you do not ... And the other does not, in the end you have to give the explanation of the reason to people who do not even know you, or someone who is present and knows the reason there goes and goes out with the story that you are diabetic...... I already feel that my life has changed for worse and so much, that I have lost the peace of mind and even at that time I can feel a normal person;Always with the same story of the diabetics who eat everything and why you do not .. ... and I tell you that I should not even regret compared to other diabetics that are here and are dependent insulin and pass the penalties of hell... I hope I find a new doctor the right treatment so that you manage to control your values ​​.. A health and good luck, that it takes us ..

nury's profile photo
nury
08/06/2016 5:51 p.m.

Yes, @ainhoa, it is a very traumatic diagnosis, and should be added a psychological treatment_ psychiatric for parents, who have to take care of a very complicated treatment in addition to pain.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2016 7:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you, Nury, as in a few weeks I have to do analysis and I have an appointment with the doctor in Sept because since they look at me and decide, I am already a little tired of being around me

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/06/2016 10:07 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@ Ainhoa ​​do I think the same as you, everything changes the day that tell you that your child has a disease forever and think about him?and why so small?But we have no choice but to be with them and make them take this as much as possible and that integrate it as something that is part of their life.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/07/2016 8:34 a.m.

nila said:
thanks, nury, as in a few weeks I have to do analysis and I have an appointment with the doctor in sept because since they look at me and decide, I am already a little tiredthat they have me spinning

Do not stop giving us news of the results and that they have told you ... I hope that finally a good doctor will see you and understand what is the right treatment for your health ... fortress !!
:-H.H

nury's profile photo
nury
08/07/2016 11:27 a.m.

@"Nila" I am a little like you, I am without any treatment, until September I do not have to make myself to do analysis and decide ... meanwhile I have everything under control with food, if it is sometimes frustrating, about aboutEverything when you go out there to take something, but it is what we have left, for the moment I take it as I have to take advantage of not having treatment at least that gives me a little life, hopefully it lasts a lot in my case ...Greetings and courage!

johannez's profile photo
johannez
05/28/2018 6:46 p.m.

artories said:
to me on the outside, even among my loved ones, I look more or less as before, I still do a lot of sport, with "health", as of everything, I drink very sporadically, I still fight for my dreams, I have a job of the "not suitable for diabetics" ...

I share it, I am still first in this disease but I have taken a stick.Of course I am willing to fight I have two strong motifs my children and live facing what has touched me.

I value all that and I think it is very good, but being honest as it can only be in this forum: a great part of me, my happiness, the day of my diagnosis died and it will not return until there is a cure.

I am still a cheerful person who does everything and is happy, but I feel that I can never have a complete fecility even if I fulfill my dreams, have children, touch the lottery, dominate the world or fly.
Not as long as it is a guy who does not click he dies.

Of course, no one of my loved ones will never know this and for them I will continue to be the example of "carrying a disease like this good that it does not notice."

Lauropolis's profile photo
Lauropolis
06/01/2018 9:33 a.m.

How many stories, how many feelings, all with a common denominator .... Transmit life with diabetes.What to say?Being a 5 -year -old boy's mother, with one year using insulins ..... her diagnosis XWithout receiving "a cheese" some softer others stronger, I don't live calmer, my head is plugged in no 24 hours, 25 hours.But I try to convey the naturalization, part of life with diabetes and how do other breasts say, I see it with a smile and so happy that it keeps standing ... I live thinking how everything will be when care depends on it?Or in adolescence?If my life changed ...... if from the hand with the life of my son.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
06/06/2018 5:16 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

In my case I am a honeymoon and I am even the diabetes crown, then I think about the honeymoon and what I will miss this stage ...
I am tired of counting rations, playing fortune tellers when it were, of the controls, of the medical visits, of not being able to eat the times that I want, etc.
Summarizing: for me the freedom to do what you want, not having routines is what has changed to me and what I have worse.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
06/06/2018 10:29 a.m.

Dear Forero families, I read them with immense and detained attention and respect!Because each one, he squeezes his own sensitivity and experience living c/this great "sweetness" who invaded us, without asking permission, and was installed by definitive in our life and our destiny !!I know what the dbts is a treacherous and very invasive and every day, it is "taking over" of oursballot!
In my case it is the same and to which, as we "live" very united: dbts and I, we already know each other to the last Rincon and we know how far we want to arrive !!Therefore, l is there, where our great intelligence plays and observe ...
I can tell you, what can you!A little patience and will to service and slowly fix our daily life and we consider ourselves with the most minimal rewarded effort !!
For the father/mothers, it is similar and different!But to accept what their son will become independent and know what the good way to follow, just give them/show them today, the tools to get it !!
Let's fight and sacrifice, but always smiling and knowing what we are: one/as Valientes and Guerrero!
That is what the dbts expects from us !!brave and warriors!Not to be able to make our life unhappy!
Sweet kisses d @ani

ani's profile photo
ani
06/06/2018 11:02 a.m.

To my personally the diabetes traumo, my levels were above 500 when I was diagnosed, the doctor who attended me at the beginning I prescribed insulin I was worse that it was fast and slow is everything and that I had to inject myself in total 105 units.When I went to see the endocrinologist he told me that it was too much insulin and I prescribe another guy and with much less units in addition to metformin and all that, after my levels were more or less stable, I began to lose sight, it was horrible immediately I thought aboutGlaucoma, as my levels were worse, my vision was put, I went to consultation with an ophthalmologist and I reviewed exhaustively and I mentioned that everything was fine that there was no damage to the rise in sugar and that it was normal.Now I am with my excellent vision, losing weight and with my normal sugar levels.

Fr3Dix's profile photo
Fr3Dix
06/09/2018 8:05 p.m.

For me it was a stick and a great change, of being a person without schedules and eating what I would like, being physically good and at 49, type one diabetics, I did not understand it and I think inside my I still don't understand it, I had never been sick, I am apprehensive to click, at first only to cry, I have been long for two years and I still do not clarify with the HC, sugars ...... and not counting that I have 14 k of more since I am diabetic.
The truth is that it costs a lot to accept it and you can't do what you want, I try to take it as best that I can but that is not really taking it.

AJM's profile photo
AJM
06/10/2018 10:40 a.m.

Ruthbia how do you do it?Do you click more?
I have a farewell to a great friend who was doubting if I was going, but when you read you you have given me a little push, how do you drink and keep good?
It scares me, I don't drink since I am a diabetic for fear.

AJM's profile photo
AJM
06/10/2018 10:43 a.m.

Reading this interesting and human thread, open by @ani, one cannot help solidarity and understand the experiences and feelings generated following the diagnosis.
My case: with 30 years, type I. I lost my job, forced me to a change of residence.Another city.You consider yourself useless.Fear, stress, anxiety.misunderstanding of those around you.Notable weight loss, of muscle mass.Change of aspect that denotes disease.It is not assumed.Chronificed anxiety, treatment.Diabetes is still there, and will continue.For the age of my parking, clear memory of me before and after.Day and night.What a tragedy!Continuous slavery, mental exhaustion.Bitterness, unease, pessimism, hopelessness .... only the "comfort" of seeing, over the years, that all this suffering is shared by many more people, by you who read me, encourage me, in an exercise ofSolidarity, to stop looking at myself, and try to forget my role as a "anointed" victim for the finger of misfortune, in the form of perpetual, degenerative and very slave disease.
Today, I hope now, with a slow but inexorable drip, its complications.
Thanks, @ani, for this commentary thread.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/10/2018 12:58 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.