Continuous sugar meters

aranzazuleg's profile photo   11/25/2015 12:51 p.m.

@Gala was certainly very fast, but the main thing to say goodbye to the hypos you comment and the rebounds !!And the kilos ... well they will leave little by little if it touches, while it is for good !!;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/28/2015 3:50 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

davidt1 said:
what I don't understand is, if free is able to keep how you have been ... so difficult/expensive is to put a sensor to older than when it is below xOr above and throw a beep?Wow, I don't know, like the watches and the alarm that whistles at an hour that has been existing from the digital age.I will be losing something I suppose ...

Free uses NFC technology, which is not designed to issue and receive data continuously, but to transfer data in a timely manner by approaching two devices at a very short distance. Link

In order to transmit and receive data continuously, and be really an MCG, I would need to use another protocol, such as the radius of the Dexcom G4 or Medtronic Enlite, or the Bluetooth of the Dexcom G5.

It would have to change, its design, size and price, the only advantages that free from the Dexcom has right now.
And as I said in my previous comment the free for what it offers is already quite expensive, if you are able to stretch the sensors the Dexcom ends up going better price.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/28/2015 4:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Gemater, the truth is that yes, and in these 3 years the highest I have had has been 6.1.If the kilos took them at first but I have already released them
Now if I pregnant to see those who pillo

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 4:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala the descent of the Hemo, in 2 words im-presative !!

Out of curiosity, have you tried the free .. ??

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/28/2015 4:17 p.m.

regina said:
What matters most to me is the reliability of glycemia, in the case of buying any ..
You have lowered the hemo with the continuous meter?

From my diagnosis I only made a hemo and 7.5, without using Dexcom.

I already want to make myself another, the Dexcom estimates that it will be 6.1

The issue is that I see it difficult to download more, since if you have many hypos it is easy to have a low hem that does not really reflect good control, it is "artificial".

I go according to statistics less than 1% of the time below 70, that is, almost never hypos.

Without the dexcom days like this: Link would be impossible, especially with my work, in which I can never be below 90 in case I have to throw a carriage ...

The issue is often not just that I let you know of a hiccup, but to prevent them from happening ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/28/2015 4:34 p.m.

@sigsauer, yes, I have tried the free and literal

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 7:57 p.m.

Uffffff !!!I already stay much quieter !!!
There are no more questions bonuses ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/28/2015 8:02 p.m.

I do not know how you will be quiet or not but the only thing I said yesterday is that there are people who criticize things that have not tried in favor of those that they carry.Try them and then talk, or talk about how good you are going to you with your device and how delighted you are but without criticizing what you have never tried, I think it is not logical

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 8:20 p.m.

Buffff I think I'm going to leave it, read all my comments first and then you tell me on what point I have criticized the Free, Dexcom or the Blessed Mary !!In the end

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/28/2015 8:52 p.m.

Joseludi said:
If my utility does not have bluetooth and I do not need my car worse than another that if I have the bluetooth?

@joseludi, I think the comparison is not the most correct.Maybe if you compared an airbag car with another that did not have it, the comparison would be closer.It is normal not to have an accident (call asymptomatic hypogucemia), so the airbag almost nobody has tried how it works.But the danger of accident is there, and if it happens, it is infinitely better to have airbag.
Surely you understand me.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/28/2015 9:02 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I find the debate that has opened very useful, I did not think about the utilities that had.

I thank you all, for the price I take the freestyle, since I notice the descents and I basically want it to better control without increasing the punctures.

I have learned very things with this question :)

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/28/2015 9:05 p.m.

@sigsauer, as you say, can you know where I said that I will lead me?Leete a post above that I make very clear "@sigasuer, this is not going for you"

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 9:12 p.m.

@joseludi, it is not worse, it is simply more complete that if it has it.Nothing else
I say that the free is bad, I say that the dexcom is complete, that you do not need it is something else

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 9:16 p.m.

gala said:
@Joseludi, is not worse, it is simply more complete that if it has it.Nothing else
I say that the free is bad, I say that the Dexcom is complete, that you do not need it is something else

I don't know if you mean when you say there are people who criticize Dexcom without knowing him.I have never criticized it, in fact if you read sometimes I recommend it.What cannot be said is that I do not need, it would be to me and many people.

The Dexcom in absolute termcorrect option.

In addition, if tomorrow a better thing comes out, I would immediately exchange me (total I would only lose the 60 euros of the reader), did you have spent all that money you could say the same?

I want this debate to serve that people who are in doubt whether to get into a dexcom or a free have the clearest things, not to create a bad vibes :-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/28/2015 9:31 p.m.

aaandres said:
Joseludi said:
If my utility does not have bluetooth and I do not need my car worse than another that if I have the bluetooth?

@joseludi, I think the comparison is not the most correct.Maybe if you compared an airbag car with another that did not have it, the comparison would be closer.It is normal not to have an accident (call asymptomatic hypogucemia), so the airbag almost nobody has tried how it works.But the danger of accident is there, and if it happens, it is infinitely better to have airbag.
Surely you understand me.

Here the priorities would enter and if the need of truth is pressing.I, if having the airbag means paying 10 or 20 times more for the car I would have to think (it is more or less the proportion of the price between one and the other)

In your case as the father of a diabetic child, I didn't even think about it, I would go to the head of the head

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/28/2015 9:39 p.m.

I will make a thread when I have a while, comparing prices of one and the other, because you are very deceived.There is not so much difference, and in my case I get cheaper the Dexcom, with many more performance.

And if something new and better comes out, I change as soon as the transmitter is exhausted, obviously.The only thing that is lost if you change is the receiver.Besides, I have not bought it ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/28/2015 10:21 p.m.

@joseludi, @Artorias has answered you.
I have been 3 years and I have matched the cost with the free.Apart from here Ne leaves € 10 cheaper than the free, taking out an average of 4 weeks that usually lasts to me, that some have lasted 5, bone cheaper.
The price is the same, but with the Dexcom you pay it in advance.
I have referred in general, reading the post, I wrote last night, in which I clearly say @sigsauer, this is not going for you, it is generally ", there are more people for the forum
And I the same, try to clarify exactly what Dexcom does and also clarify that alarms are no disadvantage as I have read in different threads, it is an addition
I also do not intend to create bad vault or bother anyone

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/28/2015 10:53 p.m.

As you say, everyone who sees their needs.After ten years of DM1 I think that my 7.5 hemo has never lowered, and in recent years I have not dropped from 8. Between that and that in the last two months I had 22 hypos (according to the statistics of the Glucometer Soft that I have),And a mowery while I was on a motorcycle from work home, I have finally decided on the Dexcom.I have been with him for a week and he has already notified me of a couple or three hypos, and since they do not happen, my body does not find out, I no longer suffer :) So, although my body warned me from the hiccups to 45,I prefer that the Dexcom let me know 80 and going down before suffering or a symptom.Now the next step, I hope to lower the hypo.Although it is not as spectacular as @gala (Bravo!), But getting out of 7 I am.;) The important thing is that they are investigating and leaving more MCG systems, surely each one leaves, serves to meet the needs of each of us.

valky's profile photo
valky
11/29/2015 12:54 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Exactly @Valky, it is not that I let you know that you have hypoglycemia, it is that it warns you before you do not have it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/29/2015 1:07 a.m.

@Gala I need to know how much you charge you Novalab for the spare transmitters, I think I did some offer and it was less than 400?
It is for calculations that I am doing.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/29/2015 1:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.