Continuous sugar meters

aranzazuleg's profile photo   11/25/2015 12:51 p.m.

Today I got up at 118 with Free and 113 with Accouchek.To me this sensor gives the same measures saved when I am low that the free marks

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/27/2015 10:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ah, then he hears the endocrine was what he told me, so we did not take it to my son, it is still because he does not measure the same in young children than in adults?Tb that's why I want to take it first, let's see how it goes.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/27/2015 11:47 a.m.

As in children I do not know.
From what I have read here not all the sensors, sometimes, you are the same.Tomorrow I will put on the second and to see how such that I have been perfect

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 12:11 p.m.

Tyo I think they give the same in children as in adults, will pass ogual than with the Dexcom, which was first for adults and the parents tested it with their children so then they officially approved it for minors of 2 and is the same.
And he would put the child and measure him as always the first days to compare and how it will be similar, avoid that punctures the child onwards.
Remember that it has been delayed for 15 minutes so in stability periods the result blood/interstitial will be similar, but when you are up or down there will be more difference because 15 minutes in a descent are many ... I have the alarm in 80 and when I whistleI usually be with 65 and when we eat the same, the MCG still has 100 and the same are 120 and climbing ...
An endocrine that does not recommend an MCG, is that it has not seen many ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 3:11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Anaisabel you comment that Free tells you minute by minute like these, so I understood only tells you how you are at the time you pass the device through the sensor, right?Come on, it is not a continuous meter, even if the concept is very similar.
I ask why this is not clear to me.Yesterday I was in the consultation with my endocrine commenting several options, pros and cons;This was one of my questions and forget to say, to see if you get me out of doubt

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/27/2015 3:59 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

You have nail it @gemater

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 4:53 p.m.

@Gemater, when you escape how you are and the trend that your glycemia carries.The sensor is keeping data at all times or not, provided you are not less than 8 hours without scanning.In the glucometer it makes reports but as it is so small it is not appreciated.You go to the computer and there you see perfectly how it goes up etc.
For example you look at 12 at night and then at 6 in the morning because you can see what happened to you during the night.If it were from 12 to 10 am only from 12 to 8 at 8 at 8, it only saves 8 hours but escapes.You would lose two hours.You wouldn't know what happened.

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 4:53 p.m.

And if not scanning you every hour or couple of hours at least, that it is useful to know last bull as you have been if you can no longer correct yourself?
I explain myself, if I look at 2:00 p.m.do anything to correct it?
I understand that you have to pass the reader at least every hour to be able to correct if you need.Or at the reverse, I do not perceive the hypoglycemia, if I do not warn the dexcom I can throw myself 2 hours in 55 and I still do things, until it gives me a bouncing of the milk and I put in 400 or I fall round.What is it useful to know when it has happened to me?
With the Dexcom when I have the alarms if I see that you can spend hours without looking at it but with the free I do not see it feasible, at least every hour a pass, unless you are super stable.
I was with the Free to give you above all in the afternoon that is when my sugar clamp is most going and nights that are many hours, for sugar because to sleep they fall short;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 5:57 p.m.

Come we start with the regional derby dexcom-Freestyle free ... that each one uses the best coming partner !!: D

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/27/2015 6:48 p.m.

Hahaha we fight for reality.
In addition, as always is the money, what sense is Abbot and as much presentation as new in the media when in England is already the new one with alarms
That are already left of nonsense and present the new
All diabetics I think, we suffer some hypo from time to time, I think so.What is it worth knowing when it has already given you?It would not be better for Dexcom to let you know and avoid it?I think so

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/27/2015 6:52 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is not any derby, I am not comparing the MCG, I am saying that if you carry an MCG (both the free and the dexcom or literalSee how "these" and be able to make decisions.
The normal thing is that you carry it to whether you see that you go up or down to correct and not to know how you have been, that it is useless.
If I carry a free, I do not spend any more time without looking at it, you have to make it profitable, I say

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 6:55 p.m.

Let's see in 14 years I have hardly corrected.Only timely.
It serves me to know what happens to me at night since I usually lift myself.Although I would have seen at 4 in the morning 250 I would not have punctured me.
I am not afraid of hiccups, but I understand that there are people who do.

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 7:42 p.m.

In the end I believe that what it is about is that the MCG is one or another one of a security, tranquility and quality of life that will not give you the glucometer, that is, if you are to grate your head a lot,With the free you will be all the holy day passing the reader through the arm and with the G4/5 you will be all the holy day with the ear put on the receiver to see if the alarm or the musician sounds to you and of whatIt's about reassuring you and not that you stay worse than you were with the capillary glucometer, let's say.I have now left the free and at home I happened to me when I eat, I drink or when I notice something weird (hip or hyper) but when I really take out performance in tranquility it is in the work, when I do sports or if I go to aFamous Swedish franchise to look furniture for 5 hours ...;) and I am neither anti nor pro of one or the other, in fact I do not rule out at all the dexcom ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/27/2015 7:47 p.m.

You are not afraid of hiccups but you are very high at night, not to have hypos?

I say the usual, free is not an MCG (legally they do not let it be called that way, but "flash" system), there is no war, free is not comparable to Dexcom.Free only wins in size (normal that is smaller when you do not have to continuously issue a receiver) and in price.
And that price is relative if one knows how to look well for chestnuts, I am arriving at 4 weeks with each sensor, so I get 75 euros per month, adding the 400 of the transmitter prorated in 12 months (400: 12 =33) I get out of Dexcom spending 110 euros per month.
I spend the same thing that would spend on free.

And the free in principle has a cheap reputation, but nothing cheap, for what it offers it seems very expensive, 120 euros every 28 days (not every 30).

Dexcom are carros who mistreat the European client, especially with the nonsense of the G5, but Abbott are not little sisters either.
What happens that Abbott unlike Dexcom does things well, he does a lot of advertising and will enter the SS based on suitcase.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/27/2015 7:58 p.m.

Do not you run with 250?I from 130 have told me to correct

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 9:11 p.m.

@sigsauer, neglect that with the dexcom you do not have to be attached to the receiver .. those who use it already know why I say it and if you do not want to hear it the disconnects and point, do not put the alarms like a paste because it is not,It is an advantage.
This does not go for you @sigsauer, it is generally: when you criticize a product, try it before, because I am a little tired of reading comments from people who have not used it and talk about hearing.
May each one use the one who wants or the one who can but since one spends the money that makes him profitable.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 9:17 p.m.

Well, if they told you @Gala, then do it.I don't.I correctly correct.

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 9:59 p.m.

@anaisabel here we are really helping.If a doctor has told you that with those figures you do not correct yourself, as a diabetic advice I would tell you to consult another endocrine and tell you with the heart in the real hand.For me we are all very important and the help and advice among us is fundamental

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/27/2015 10:05 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Let's see, if there is a lack of an hour to eat and see a 300 I wait to eat or advance the food and put me insulin depending on the HC plus what I need extra to stay at 100 (it would be ideal hehe).If I see a 300 without ton or there they correct myself, but this does not happen to me because after eating at two hours I usually be well between 140-160 if I look at the time of eating I am taller but the insulin is still taking effectfast there I did not correct myself.
It is difficult for me to explain myself here, but I am less my last hemo (7.5) the other perfect.
I always take into account your tips now had a few years that I did not enter but I learned a lot participating in this forum.
You always learn and if it's great here.
Thank you all

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 10:45 p.m.

@Gala in part you are giving me the reason, I agree that the alarm is an advantage but if, psychologically you have been aware of them and disconnect it to not grate, what advantage is on free ... ???If you disconnect the Dexcom alarm you have on free ..?With the free you have to pass the reader and with the Dexcom you have to look at glycemia in the receiver.And I keep saying in case any/or has not read it: "That I am neither pro or anti of the free nor of the dexcom .." I like both, now I am using one but I do not rule out the other ..

The fault is mine for getting where they don't call me, Ale have a good time .. <:-P

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/28/2015 3:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.