Continuous sugar meters

aranzazuleg's profile photo   11/25/2015 12:51 p.m.

I have a question with continuous glucose meters, are there many brands but all of them have the same price?
What is the cheapest?

Is there someone who has seen any Chinese?because these people do everything at half price.

And where do you buy the patches?

Will you get rid of your finger at some time?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/25/2015 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Many brands?

Basically there is only the freestyle (50 euros the meter and 60 each patch of 15 days) and the Dexcom (1500 euros the meter plus 90 euros each sensor that can last up to 30 days).

I don't know any Chinese brand to do this, although it would be very good.

When I took them and the sensor worked well obviously free from about 8 or 9 to about 3 or 4 per day.The problem is that the sensors began to fail, the hypos were never right and to fall for anything for what they take so much mania that I no longer want to know anything until they make them better and much less uncomfortable.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/25/2015 1:12 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Tb is the Medtronic Patch.

And where are you getting the freestyle meter?Pq at home only serve those who have already bought it.

aranzazuleg
11/25/2015 1:16 p.m.

Enter the freestylelibre.com page and there you have all the information
It's a matter of trying and if you don't like it then you don't put it
I have been the first sensor for 11 days and for the great moment.In the fingers I hardly look at me ... finally rest!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/25/2015 1:28 p.m.

Sorry, Freestylelibre.is

Anaisabel
11/25/2015 1:30 p.m.

Yaya, on that site I have already gotten, but they no longer sell them, at least for the moment they will notify me when they have stocks.

aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 9:22 a.m.

@Anzazuleg, if they sell them, but you have to ask for it and put you on hold.I request it in January and 14 days ago they told me to be able to order.If you are interested, ask for it now, and at the time they let you know if you have changed their minds and you are no longer interested because you do not order.

Anaisabel
11/26/2015 9:53 a.m.

Aaaahhhh ... I already take now, I have put myself on the waiting list but I thought it was a bit of teaching, I mean we are talking about a year of waiting ... and then the supply is continuous right?

aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 10:17 a.m.

The sensors can ask for 15 days since the last order, what I no longer know if you can ask for two or more or one in one.
Now it seems to me that you don't have to wait so much to request the start kit

Anaisabel
11/26/2015 12:04 p.m.

Well, let's see if they tell me soon, because it is not for me, my son would take it, which is worth much less than that of Medtronic.

aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 12:14 p.m.

Hi @Aranzazuleg !!I asked for the freestyle for my son and when asking him at the beginning of the "Bumb" they served me quickly.I ask for 2 in 2 the sensors, when you have one week (more or less) the 2nd I already order.They serve it quite fast.On some occasion we had to ask for a sensor change because I stopped working without more and served us without problem.We also had to ask for change in the reader, for failure in the strips reader and changed it to us.The truth is that it works quite well, in our experience.That yes, I ask for my name because otherwise I'm afraid they wouldn't help me.Even his endo that was quite reluctant to all "new technologies", in the last consultation encouraged Iago to get more out of the reader, adding the amount of insulin that was punctured and the rations he ate since that avoided him to cover a notebook....
For a child I advise you if you do not adapt at least you will not have spent a paste.You have to help you with a fixation to the sensor, but endure well ... \: D/

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/26/2015 12:27 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

But I am seeing that there is enough variation between what comes out in the machine and what the glucometer gives, the same for my son is soon to take one of those, more than anything because he would tear it away.And yet it gives me that of few punctures the poor would be fought.

On the other hand, as if we eat, I do not look at myself and make more "normal" life than he does not go wrong to go better controlled, but for a child with as many food shots .... I don't know.

aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 12:35 p.m.

We rarely fail us and we don't find much variation between what gives the sensor and strip.I look like a freestyle commercial, I am not (hehehe), I am only convinced of its functioning and for my son at this time it is an aid since very discreet medions can be done, he thinks that he is a teenager and does not like to get attention for this.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/26/2015 12:48 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Yayaya .... I do not look directly, hahaha .... But of course your son is a teenager, it is another song, my son with two years is not prepared, but if I do well, I would be to put it on when I already had 4years or so, do not take it off and how you say look more discretion.
But first the probatina will pass through its mother, :-)

aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 12:57 p.m.

As they say in the masters for the beginning of the year they will have sensors to supply everyone that we are on the waiting list and an Android application for mobile readings such as those that are now (Liapp and Glimp) but ABBOTT official...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/26/2015 1:46 p.m.

I had been waiting for a waiting list since March and they just warned me that I can buy it, I'm not going to buy it because my girl has put the Dexcom, if someone already wants it, contact me.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
11/26/2015 8:15 p.m.

Hello, a question (I'm new) free, is it for over 18 years? Thank you

fergonzalez73's profile photo
fergonzalez73
11/26/2015 11:25 p.m.

con_q_de_quimica said:
I had been waiting for the waiting list since March and they just warned me that I can buy it, I will not buy it because my girl has put the dexcom, if someone wants itAlready, contact me.

Well, I wouldn't mind having it already, but can that be done?

Fergonzalez73 said:
Hello, a doubt (I am new) the free, is for greater than 18 years?, thank you

There are children who carry them, the only thing to keep in mind is that in the end it is a patch stuck and you have to be careful that they do not even start it.I believe that for 8 -year -old children can be carried, but we must not put aside traditional measurements, children tend to much more variability than an adult.

aranzazuleg
11/27/2015 9:09 a.m.

Why shouldn't you leave traditional measurements?Well, from time to time it is proven that the free is going well but since you take it to look like before ???The Free tells you how these minute by minute throughout the day and with you scanning at 8 hours at least, you can see all your blood glucose.

Anaisabel
11/27/2015 9:59 a.m.

To me the endocrine of my son told me that before the meals we had to measure capillaryly because they were more accurate measurements, and for what I have seen online it is, it can vary quite a lot.

aranzazuleg
11/27/2015 10:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.