{'en': 'What bread is better to eat with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Qué pan es mejor comer con diabetes?'} Image

What bread is better to eat with diabetes?

quenio's profile photo   10/18/2016 9:57 p.m.

By the way, there is a bread that seems designed for diabetics;They had it in the butcher shop of a Syrian and was typical of their land.They were pancakes of just a millimeter thick, which opened inside to fill them.I put a special fresh cheese and olive oil.With two grains of wheat, you made an Aupa snack, and brought them twice a week (nothing to do with the exotic equivalent they sell in supermarkets).I will find the name, which has entered me hungry.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 9:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Dear @quenio:
In my opinion, the less bread you eat better for you;Basically, for 2 reasons.The first, the added sugar so that the dough rises faster during the elaboration of the bread;The second, wheat, rye and barley have fructans (fructose of cereals) that worsen all your type 1 or 2 diabetes.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/18/2018 1:51 p.m.

@isma First: bread does not carry sugar and the second: eating bread does not get the disease.
You have to know that you eat and how our body reacts.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/18/2018 8:02 p.m.

Rozio Tornado said:
I tasted the ecological kamut bread.It is Sarracene wheat.His hydrates enter the blood slower.

Dear Anisabel:
The bread does not carry sugar but they add it so that the dough rises faster.
What are your reasons why you think the bread does not raise blood glucose?

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/18/2018 10:17 p.m.

Have you tried the rye bread?But I say the original not the one they sell in food chains that in some nor the tenth is of rye.In particular, the effect of HC is slower.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2018 12:08 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

How many things do you know about bread!
We always count that 20g are a ration and now.., And from the target, because with the integral sores come out in his mouth and I don't know why ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/19/2018 2:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think that bread or any other "healthy" food does not worsen diabetes if you wear the appropriate insulin dose.

The white plan has a high glycemic index, so glycemia rapidly rises, whole wheat bread, rye, etc. that have the lowest glycemic index is better, so it is easier to control blood glucose peaks ..

There is no food that worsen diabetes, what worsens it is bad control.Everyone knows that he controls better and worse, hence some eliminate certain foods, but not because they are "bad", but because we do not control it well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/19/2018 7:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I think that bread or any other "healthy" food does not worsen diabetes if you put on the right dose of insulin.

The white plan has a high glycemic index, so glycemia rapidly rises, whole wheat bread, rye, etc. that have the lowest glycemic index is better, so it is easier to control blood glucose peaks ..

There is no food that worsen diabetes, what worsens it is bad control.Everyone knows that he controls better and worse, hence some eliminate certain foods, but not because they are "bad", but because we do not control it well.

Exact Ruthbia totally agree, the issue of taking rye bread in addition to making less peak is its properties above all.Knowing the composition, insulin effect times, ratios and others, we can eat everything and so should.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2018 8:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Exact Regina, 20 gr a ration.
The differences between one type of bread and another is the glycemic index and also that it is eating with bread.If accompanied by another food rich in fiber, its absorption is educated and we do not make such high peaks

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/18/2020 9:55 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

When do you talk about peaks, what value are you referring to?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/19/2020 11:13 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez said:
As Nigiri says up the insulin dose according to what I eat as an integral bread without salt or sugar from the mercadona goes in transparent bags with blue label with a good sugar controlFor your food or dinner with 3 4 insulin units you can eat 2 3 slices of bread of this type or integral bread with cereals etc if you eat 2 and a half slices more because you put 1 of insulin more.So in everything if you eat an apple cake or a small piece of cake because you add to your usual dose in insulin food because another 3 or 4 more everything is to calculate and if it is the first one to the second you point it and ready

But that bread is one that is roasted hard that puts 100 p.100 integral are sugar?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/06/2021 4:46 p.m.

I was addicted to bread, before having diabetes, now I have given up eating it because normal, integral, they upload me a barbarity .... just as for lunch and snack slices of a protein who sell in the Aldi supermarkets and it is quite good (Its appearance is similar to that of mold).To eat and dinner, I like some piquitos that resemble the tips of the bread bars (about 14gr.) And I tell them like a ration.
But I miss the bread sandwiches that made me ..... 😓

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/06/2022 10:31 a.m.

Account rations and put more insulin when you want to eat a snack.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2022 11:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
counts rations and put more insulin when you want to eat a snack.

But how much more insulin?That is what I do not control .... If it tells me 6, I click 7 or 8, to tuntún?How long do you take to control these things?

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/06/2022 9:25 p.m.

Cassie said:
nigiri said:
count rations and put more insulin when you want to eat a snack.

But how much more insulin?That is what I do not control .... If it tells me 6, I click 7 or 8, to tuntún?How long do you take to control these things?

Weigh the bread.Half are hydrates, with what you already know the rations.
On the other hand, I do not like white bread because it makes me a very fast peak.I have to prick the insulin a long time before so that the PAN Pico coincides with the action of insulin (for example my brother does not happen ...).
Proof.First look how rations the bread has.Without they are 80 grams are 40 of hydrates, 4 portions (more what you put to carry hydrates).If it turns you and then it goes down very quickly, it has risen you before insulin, then try to put the insulin more in advance.This is rehearsal-error and each one is different.
It is a roll and I would not eat a sandwich every day but at least I can give you a luxury from time to time ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/06/2022 9:35 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I used to eat bars or bimbo but after I have diagnosed the retinopathy, I preferI put insulin, since the 4 slices do not upload more than 150 if I put insulin give me hypos so it is a wonder in the glucemic appearance, but I prefer the normal white bread or bread of bakery mold, mygirlfriend always eats normal bread and gives me an envy but well she is not diabetic haha

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/06/2022 10:33 p.m.

I take protein bread, Keto or Low Carb or what is called.
In Supercor they have it in La Tahona, it is a bar, I ask for slices, I freeze it and take out the slices that I am going to eat,
In Carrefour they have a mold, more comfortable because it is preserved for many days.It is this

If the normal bread has 70 grams of hydrates, it has 7. It is a pass, it does not rise.
Anyway I only take it for breakfast, the rest of the meals do them without bread.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/06/2022 10:48 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

As the same, from Carrefour, I always buy 3 packages and freeze it and take out the slices that I am going to eat, always at breakfast too, I already tell you, if I get up to 80-85 I do not put insulin, with the threeibaFrom the night I already shot and if as less than the 4 slices I did not reach 140

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
08/06/2022 11:04 p.m.

salad said:
I take protein bread, keto or low car or what is called.
In Supercor they have it in La Tahona, it is a bar, I ask for slices, I freeze it and take out the slices that I am going to eat,
In Carrefour they have a mold, more comfortable because it is preserved for many days.It is this

If the normal bread has 70 grams of hydrates, it has 7. It is a pass, it does not rise.
Anyway I only take it for breakfast, the rest of the meals do them without bread.

Oyster salad because I bought it and I have it enter it .... 2 times I have had breakfast and 2 peaks I did ... something that does not happen to me.The only explanation that I see is that although the Carrefour has less carbohydrates, it has much more sugar.Carrefour has: 6'1g.of HC of which 2'4g.They are sugars and that of the Aldi 9 HC, but sugars 1'4 .... all per 100gr.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/07/2022 9:43 a.m.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/07/2022 9:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.