{'en': 'What bread is better to eat with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Qué pan es mejor comer con diabetes?'} Image

What bread is better to eat with diabetes?

quenio's profile photo   10/18/2016 9:57 p.m.

A few years ago, the doctor told me that he had a little high sugar on an empty stomach, about 145 or 150, but I didn't pay attention.

Recently, in an analysis, my sugar level came out to 230.

The doctor has advised me to control if I want to live, especially after having suffered a small heart attack.

Obviously, all this is new to me, and I have had to make a radical change in my life, both in food and drink.

My question is: What kind of bread is the best for a diabetic?

I really like to eat bread, but even the integral or roasted causes my sugar level to shoot at 190 or 180.

Thank you very much in advance.I have to learn to live with my new lifestyle.

quenio's profile photo
quenio
10/18/2016 9:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What you have to do is adapt insulin units to the rations of hydrates that you eat and for this you should go to diabetological education

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/18/2016 10:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

As Nigiri says, up the insulin doses according to what I eat as an integral bread without salt or mutslices of bread of this type or integral bread with cereals etc if you eat 2 slices and a half more because you put 1 of insulin more.So in everything if you eat an apple cake or a small piece of cake because you add to your usual dose in insulin food because another 3 or 4 more everything is to calculate and if it is the first one to the second one you point it out and that's it

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
10/19/2016 12:32 a.m.

We don't know if I insulin does not ..?, I have not read it at least.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/19/2016 8:55 a.m.

@quenio tell us a little more about you if you think it is convenient for people to help you.
But I think the same if it is for diabetes and if you get insulin, calculate the HC well and eat the one you like best.Insulin is to use.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2016 12:15 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is that many breads even if they are comprehensive, they carry sugar (for example, the bulk bread of the Mercadona rises a lot).

You will have to control the rations and test different types, control the ingredients and already about what you see, decide, but I already tell you that above all control the amounts, for which we do not have insulin or pills we have no other (notI know if it's your case) ... exercise and control.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/19/2016 2:54 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I have now bought the Mercado mold, also in my bakery town, but since I have moved I do not find bread that does not upload me much ... what bothers me is that I like bread and mold not enoughIt's bad, I like it, but for me it's not real bread.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/19/2016 2:56 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

True is @sigsauer: P

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/19/2016 3:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The spelled bread goes well and is rich.If you have a bakery and you can do it, better.Many who sell you around Espelta, then only have 20% of spelled flour, you have to look.The bakeries is usually 100% spell.

morgana's profile photo
morgana
10/20/2016 10:47 a.m.

In the sensationalist society that-fiscal-flesh-by-selling and getting money (among them, for example, calling a vessel with a vessel with 2/3 of water and 1/3 of wine; or advertising Abbot's free sayingthat no more punctures are needed in the fingers ...) it is useful to know some things and thus act with full awareness, deciding at every moment one wants something for itself or not.

What seems joke with wine with bread and pasta: I have seen in many bakeries and many bread bags that puts “whole wheat bread” and, reading what we carry puts things as well as: wheat flour, wheat flourIntegral (10 %) ... or: wheat flour, wheat bran….Or what it puts: rye bread, and when reading the composition you see: wheat flour, rye flour (5 %) ... anyway.

Integral flour is made with whole, complete cereal grain, what is called the integral grain: the cereal grain has several layers that cover it, and also protect the cereal germ, which is where most nutrients accumulate.Thus, in the cereal refining process, the germ is broken, all layers are removed (from which the bran, fibrous) is obtained and the nucleus is left (see white rice, for example).That grain has much less nutrients than complete or integral grain and, of course, barely fiber.

As many of you count here in lots of messages, that type of grain rises more glycemia.When you eat white rice (paella or similar, I have read for several sites) you must put more insulin or have more x files, I have read everything.

When, as white bread or white wheat flour macaroni, even less than integral, I have to prick more insulin.With the integral rice, extra contributions of insulin do not need, while as a white rice, I have not only to prick more, but the climb throughout the afternoon is of action-intrigue film and dangerous adventures.With that, and that my organism is better fed with the integral grain, I am clear about what is usually better.Each one who tests in itself and chooses.

There are a lot of alternatives to white wheat flour: spelled flour (spelled is a type of wheat), rye flour, saddlebon flour or sarracene wheat, oatmeal, barley… etc.All of them are in their refined-white and integral version.And not all of them digest the same or influence the same in glycemia.

You can find bread of a specific and comprehensive type of flour, or mixed, because with certain flours there is a very dense bread that most palates are not accustomed.It is also evident that with a total rye bread you cannot wear a common sandwich like that of the bars, and many people have a hard time changing habits and flavors.So many times diverse flours and other elements to make various and more “affordable” textures to the palate.And, of course, to reduce economic costs.

The real integral bread, and without sugars and additional strange things we can find in count"Community Ecological Consumption Groups" come directly.Those of Mercadona, Consume and other supermpresses are full of things that are not necessary to make bread, but allow doing it in huge amounts and lower costs, in addition to giving special spongy that make “bigger and more beautiful” the bread.Economic interests usually put in front of the interests of knowledge and needs of people, and there is no repair in putting sensational and misunderstanding posters to many foods.

And, of course, no sugar is required to make bread: flour, water, mother's yeast and salt.If not usedMother yeast and another is used, as lemon to acidify the dough.And oil if you want also, because it softens and is a good preservative.

Then there is the thing of the type of cooking, which also affects nutrients and food digestibility (for example, dextrinated bread, similar to biscottes, but with other characteristics).But this is very long.

As usually at home, dextrinated bread, integral rye bread, bread mixture of white and comprehensive spelled, integral wheat flour, spelled or rye.Also as sometimes a very common bread, of consumption, that does not carry added sugar.Integral rice grains, quinoa, Sarracene wheat, sometimes other things.When it was, I adapt, and I have to adapt the insulin issue, and I also have more X files.

Everything has its pros and consBy the time you are there, and it is also comfortable to go down to the corner to buy it).

What really seems important to me, only that is that people act with awareness of what we are doing, and assume the responsibility of our life.
If I want to eat a good chocolate chocolate value, which is that you fall for my taste, then great.But I don't tell me lies, I know what effects can have on me, and I know it carries refined sugar.

Hugs
:)

imara's profile photo
imara
10/20/2016 7:31 p.m.

I add to what has already been mentioned above, that not all breads are the same.In my experience, I would flee from mold bread.Too sugary.The best, the rye bread, is the one with the lowest number of HC rations per gram.To understand it, when you give bread, what is taken with heat is the HC, the more it is, the more HC carries.If you put a bread will toast a lot.A white wheat bread (especially those prefabricated ones that in the super baked only) will roast a lot, if you put a rye, it will take a long time to toast.I use one of the lidl, which weighs 1kg and is about 1.98 the piece.I put it in the cutting machine and give it a medium cut.Thus it lasts all week and every slice is a ration and a half or almost two, approx.Lo, I can use for sandwich, or put in the toaster for breakfast (although it does not suck much oil later in the typical Mediterranean breakfast).As important as the amount of HC is the type of HC (fast or slow).Of course, the mold usually makes bad spikes to control.I suggest seeing the prospect and/or searching online different sources that talk about bread and types.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2017 3:52 p.m.

How bad the bread of the Mercadona upload the glycemia a lot of the worst even the forming nurse I recommend that in the end I think it is better to do them oneself

pverde's profile photo
pverde
03/16/2017 3:03 p.m.

Well, comment that I was reading the subject for a long time, since I am Pan-Adict, and with the majority I did not go very well ... I have been trying with the rye bread and the truth is that it is much better,I do not give me those unexpected postpandracial peaks that I gave me the majority of integral "assumptions".Now that is, it is a dense bread and that I understand that it is not for all the palates, I like it, but also to say that it is very heavy, not that it feels bad, but that literally (at least the one I boughtFor now), it weighs a lot, that is, a slicing is many portions.Of course it also fills muucho, so it's normal ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
03/17/2017 11:54 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I have tried the ecological Kamut bread.It is Sarracene wheat.Its hydrates enter the blood slower.

Rozio Tornado's profile photo
Rozio Tornado
03/26/2017 1:45 p.m.

Hello, my name is Julio and I am not diabetic .. but I do not like my sugar level to move away from 100 +O- 10.
I am almost 57 years old and I think it is a good reference for my age.

This is my personal experience with sugar levels and does not mean that it is for other people.

A few months ago he gave me looking at the fasting glucose index and gave 120. It did normal food, I did not usually eat pastries, cakes or any fast carbohydrate, except birthdays and similar events.Even so, I repeated again after a few days and the values ​​were the same.

After reading and looking for information, I came to the conclusion, of course personnel, that among dietitians, doctors and other experts in matrity, they are more lost than me.When you finished collecting information you are more loudly than when you didn't know anything.That if the white bread does but in moderation, that if the cereals do but some do not, that if with whole grain yes, but not wheat that if the brown sugar is not worth because it is also refined.Yes ... blah, blah, bla

First, each person is a world and second, two diabetics of the same type can eat the same carbohydrate, same amount, such as a chocolate cake and one is triggered by sugar and the other goes up two points.

What does it mean?Well, the protocols of experts in that eating do not use for everyone .. the one that can best control sugar is oneself.Regardless of being type 1 diabetic, type 2
Or it is not.It is evident that a diabetic person will have to be more rigorous with what he eats, than another that is not.

After taking with tweezers, all the information collected, I decided to make my own "diet" that is rather my personalized menu and until today, my glucose index is where I want it to be.100 + O - 10.

Anyway, this is a personal opinion and nothing else.Each one has to do what can best and know, in their situation and get carried away by what he feels he will work.But as my father said, there is no better doctor than the patient.

Greetings and encouragement to everyone.

Juliorh's profile photo
Juliorh
04/27/2017 5:47 p.m.

Hello!
The best option is to do it at home with integral flour of any kind, or mixing whole wheat flours.In this way we will know for sure that the bread carries and we will know to stick.Integral oatmeal and chickpea are also good options, (apart from those that put here).
If we do not have that option or we do not feel like doing it, looking for one with the highest percentage of integral flour, than what it is going to do is that, when carrying fiber, it has a minor IG and therefore make less peak and the absorption is slower.
It is a complicated issue, because as they comment up here, the issue is that by selling people do and puts on the labels what is needed.
In normal supermarkets it is very difficult to find a completely integral bread, I have not found it today.
I was diagnosed with diabetes in Holy Week this year, and since then I have been told a lot of things and many of them nonsense ... "Diabetics cannot eat bread ..." One of the worst and freshly diagnosed in a bakery.But the worst thing is that there are many diabetics who don't really eat it because they think they can't.
Each one is a world and our body acts differently, many factors influence diabetes, not just what is eaten.Many depend on us and others not so much.
You have to look at how our body acts and know that despite everything with this disease not always 2+2 are 4.
Much encouragement for everyone !!!!

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/15/2017 1:24 p.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

Welcome to the "lettyle" forum, thanks for these tips! They certainly say many nonsense, we have an issue where we collect a list in which you could add is that we cannot eat bread, here I leave it.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2017 9:56 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Bread is another food for the spirit than for the body, if they did it with plaster, it would give the same, it feeds but does not nourish except that the manufacturer tells you.From the glycemic point of view, it does the same one or another, unless they attest sugar.I like the chapata, especially the tip, which never gets home when I buy it.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 12:04 p.m.

What doesn't nourish ??Flour, water, yeast and salt is what carries bread and with only these ingredients it provides phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iodine, zinc, etc. and is an important source of HC. And it has very few fats.And Group proteins and vitamins so don't say it doesn't nourish because it is a very nutritious food.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/16/2017 1:36 p.m.

Well, calcium has everything, magnesium almost anyone, iodine, for the color of mercromin, I do not think it has much unless it is tumaca bread, and the rest, I do not know.But a food that is cooked at such high temperatures, quite does the structure and not ending ashes.
However, for this business to raise and lower glycemia and eat five times a day, it is needed as a war ammunition at least (or an equivalent).
I would eat the bread that I liked the most, I would ask me to wrap it for a gift and fill it with everything, so.
Bread = carbohydrates+happiness, but nourish, nourish more a cherry.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 8:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.