{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

Hello;I've been about 20 days for about 20 days.I started with 33u and already a week ago that I increased with 42u;And nothing as if I didn't put me slow insulin ... With Lantus I put 41u, I had no rises or decreases but since I use threeiba by doing normal life I have up to 250 (something that before with Lantus did not happen to me).I get the impression that Tresiba does not work for me.Does anyone have that problem?

Type 1 diabetic: Tresiba 42u at 8:30 p.m.
Novorapid about: 23-18-20.I modify according to hydrates and measurements
Before Lantus 40U (and without problems)

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
12/02/2018 noon
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maybe it is fixed by uploading a little more three more time.Yes no, you return to Lantus or Toujeo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2018 3:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

piruha said:
have you noticed that you gain those you are using threeiba?I have been with it for three months and I follow the same rhythm and food, and I have won 2 kg that are still increasing ...
>

If I have gatged exaggeratedly, I put on Tresiba for 7 months and what never happened to me and I have been with diabetes for 40 years is that an insulin would affect me like this, as soon as I have noticed I have left it and returned to Lantus

And by leaving threeiba I have also noticed that I have recovered the energy, I feel more awake and with less appetite

It is clear that my body was not sitting good even if it had good blood glucose controls

RuthChari's profile photo
RuthChari
07/11/2019 12:42 a.m.

Desde 1979 diabetes tipo 1
Novorapid 2 - 3 - 2 y lantus 8

At the time it was also said and it was very said that the Lantus even fattened that caused cancer, there are many people without diabetes who do not know what insulin is also thinns and fattens for multiple reasons, thyroid, food etc. etc ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/11/2019 3:35 p.m.

I have not fattened anything, I have been using it for several years

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/13/2019 10:07 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello everyone, I didn't know where to introduce the question so in Tresiba I leave it.
Well my consultation is to know if you leave a lot of time between the ultrarapida and threeiba or on the contrary you put them at the same time.
I usually get threeh at 00h but I'm thinking about 9h along with Humalog

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/15/2019 5:59 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
hello to everyone, I didn't know where to introduce the question so in the three -year I leave it.
Well my consultation is to know if you leave a lot of time between the ultrarapida and threeiba or on the contrary you put them at the same time.
I usually get threeh at 00h but I am thinking about 21h along with Humalog

No problem;You can put it one after the other and in the order you want.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/15/2019 9:41 p.m.

Thank you very much, I will do so tomorrow

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/15/2019 9:46 p.m.

What difference is there with Tougeo?

joageri's profile photo
joageri
08/18/2019 12:43 p.m.

Joageri said:
What is the difference with Tougeo?

Toujeo (it is written with jota j) lasts 24 hours or a little more (Lantus lasted 22 hours or less, depending on the amount).
Toujeo is more concentrated than the vast majority of commercial insulins.The concentration is 300 U.I./ ml.There is U500 regular insulin not available in Spain.
Tresiba lasts up to 42 hours and has a concentration U100.
Both insulins are administered every 24 hours and in the case of Tresiba the schedule is important (due to overlaps).

mamarvazq
08/18/2019 7:14 p.m.

Hello, has anyone gone from the Toujeo to the Tresiba?The endocrine has changed to me because it went up at night and in the afternoon, did I want to know that doses I put with the threeiba and how much with the toujeo?, I put 20 from Toujeo, the endo I have scheduled 14 of threeiba,But being living alone, it is a lot of thing, so I have read here is 20% less than the lantus, but I have not read anything to change the toujeo to the Tresiba.Thank you

maca's profile photo
maca
12/06/2019 9:59 a.m.

Good afternoon everyone.Diabetic for 34 years, with Tresiba (already a few years) and Novorapid.Hemoglobins between 7 and 7.7.Recently I have put the freestyle for social security, and there has been a change in the knowledge of my illness, in a body mine, with enough insulin resistance.With the glycemia control method at the first hour and those related to two hours, as we did before everything, because I got very chords based on putting a lot of basal (in this case there were 54), and with the need for obligationLunch and snack.It allowed to lead an easy, relatively life, and of course far from the outstanding one.

Upon arriving the freestyle (one month) and its arrows down, its eight -hour curves and others, I went to the endocrine (sometimes it took three to six months until the next citation can arrive), try to start from scratch,From 38, wait three or four days.I've been like that three weeks.The procedure is the same.I am injected with the three -year at 7.15 in the morning, and then novorapid in three meals, now without lunch or snack, if perhaps a tangerine when you arrive about 90 or 100 and the trend is constant, but down.

1.- I have been with 44 for three days, and the same thing happens to me as with 38, 40, 42 and 44. one, two, three (depends) very good days, but sudden2 days.There are clear signs, as from three in the morning that begins to rise a little (even when it is more or less stable), for example tonight, after a perfect day.123 At two hours of dinner, 107 when going to bed, 97 at two in the morning, and suddenly until seven that marked me 138. Then I put the basal again, with one more unit ofFast of the normal, with the same breakfast as every day, and 202 at two hours of breakfast, and I have reached the food with 233 after 245 peak (and without stopping to move that I was working).

This situation can be extended one day or two, but if I rectify quickly, or I go by bicycle like Sunday, on one of those hard days, from 288 to 135 in two hours, 21 kilometers of mountain bike with high intensity, andThen have to take glucose because the fall was still several hours later, but then normalization.

The truth is that I have this demoralized, and I am a very positive uncle of 46 years, but between the obsession of the freestyle and these incomprehensible actions, I am quite surprised.Attached image of tonight, which in the end has ended in constant ascent, which will last all day, even if I get faster, I do not make rectifications because then severe hypoglycemies occur.

Sorry for the roll, but I am very discouraged, a few days it works perfect (although then the mornings can go to 135 or 145, but in good fight all day), until suddenly, as if the insulin had ended, althoughI have put my dose.The same is that it is still scarce.
My doubts:
a) I continue with the procedure, climb two of threeiba (today they were 44), until the situation is stable for several days, especially without basal hypoglycemia, which I previously had in 54.
b) In the case of sports, on a Sunday morning, it will fall into dive, and apart from the typical Platano I will need that it does not fall so quickly.

I had to comment with someone who understands me, I just aspire to find a dose that allows me to live without this anxiety.

tulio7777's profile photo
tulio7777
02/11/2020 4:04 p.m.

Forgive me but I don't know how to place the indexing of the photo.
Link ZM1H-2JTPVV3CSIUX? HL = ES

Now I have put a link well, I think, of the second photo, in which the climb is seen, and the sudden descent with only one more unit in the food.You advise me to continue going up, until you notice up in the last morning hours, when breakfast in the morning and without hypoglycemia?

Thanks, with all my heart.

tulio7777
02/11/2020 4:14 p.m.

@tulio777

You have been with diabetes and experience for many years.

I can only advise you to use the Abbott sensor as a help.Trends in Abbott usually work more or less but the level that is sometimes very different from capillary control.

Change guidelines just because of blood controls.Not because of what the sensor tells you.Do not put insulin because the sensor says that you are tall.Only when in blood is confirmed.The opposite error, that the sensor says that you are very low (and you are not) and eat something, it is not serious.Well you will be higher than you should.But putting corrections or making basal changes because the sensor says it, I would not do it.Only if those readings have been proven later by the traditional blood method.

Until that you get used to reading and interpreting the sensor and not overreacting it takes a while.There are sensors that come out very bad and give war.But in general you will help you better your control.But calmly and patience and do not leave your blood controls and everything you already know about your body

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/11/2020 5:20 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi @tulio777:
I advise you to consider the use of insulin pump with the free freestyle sensor.
You will learn a lot from your diabetes and you can make very precise adjustments (especially with the basal)

mamarvazq
02/11/2020 8:58 p.m.

The fattest problem that has threeiba is that it is made for people who have a very flat life ... at the time you do little or a lot, you are going to hyper or hip.In my case, after several years using it, I had to go to a bomb because in the morning I had to eat a lot

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
02/12/2020 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

@tulio7777, I also have been with this and use Tresiba for a few years.I use it in combination with the Apidra.If you allow me advice, I would tell you, after reading, first that you do not pay so much to the freestyle readings and their trends.And when I tell you this I mean that you do not change your dose of insulin overnight.My advice, tries to maintain the insulin guideline that until now made you feel more stable and/or controlled, and play with food.If after several days you see that lack of control or high figures are maintained at certain times, then it acts with insulin, always very softly, without sudden changes in the dose.

It is what it occurs to me to try to help you.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
02/16/2020 12:10 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Surprised said:
@tulio7777, I also have been with this and use three.I use it in combination with the Apidra.If you allow me advice, I would tell you, after reading, first that you do not pay so much to the freestyle readings and their trends.And when I tell you this I mean that you do not change your dose of insulin overnight.My advice, tries to maintain the insulin guideline that until now made you feel more stable and/or controlled, and play with food.If after several days you see that lack of control or high figures are maintained at certain times, then it acts with insulin, always very softly, without sudden changes in the dose.

It is what it occurs to me to try to help you.

Greetings.

Thanks surprised.

tulio7777
02/16/2020 6:46 p.m.

Hello!

I have been using Tresiba for almost two years, at first it had to approve it medical inspection, but then I have had it in the electronic recipe without problem.Almost two years and it is great, the Lantus did not endure hours and with this much better.
I live in the Community of Madrid, in case it serves

Sandra44's profile photo
Sandra44
02/16/2020 10:28 p.m.

In the end I have chosen to use the capillary six times a day, and use freestyle and analyze trends every eight hours.
I have found in 41 the basal decline limit, stable trends from 163 to 167, or from 100 ending at 163 at the 22 and 24 hours. By having basal deficiency, the results with Novorapid are bad, climbs to 250.
What surprises me without the fulminant drops in the third hour.Yesterday, 167 at, tomorrow, after 8 linear hours, but with trends from up to 22 basal.201 at two hours in capillary, and described from 203 to 73 in the freestyle until the third hour Denovorapid that stopped down.
It was already a day by bicycle, with descent to the third hour.
Today I start with 42, to see results in four days until I find the appropriate dose, taking advantage of the information, after the Freestyle from the web.

And see the evolution of the rapid with adequate basal dose.Then I would consider the quick change, and that Levo, 30 years with Novorapid.

tulio7777
02/17/2020 10:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.