{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

Try to get a couple of units to see what happens

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/08/2016 11:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is as if the Tresiba took to act .., but, if it lasts more than 24 hours, that should not happen.
Over a bit, as Gala tells you.Maybe, with a unit it is enough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2016 12:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As I continue to upload units I already pinx

paquimacias's profile photo
paquimacias
03/09/2016 9:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Josep111 What time do you put on the threeiba? What time did you get Lantus? What do you improve notice now comparing it with Lantus?

Regina, apologize for not being able to answer you before.I will try to explain my sensations and conclusions with threeiba:

Let's see myself, I was putting it so far at 10pm but to those who got up with a slightly high blood glucose and lowers us before the food the best time to put it on is at noon specifically in my case at 2:30 p.m.We solve this problem.This is because when you get it, it takes 30 to 90 minutes to start its action.

I get up with good glycemias and I don't have the downturn before eating.

2 - Lantus set ????

The lantus put it twice because I didn't cover 24h.The strong dose at 10pm - 18 units and the other would complement at 2:30 p.m. - 3 units.

3 Question ????:

Improvements regarding the Lantus:

At the moment in an injection per day I cover perfectly 24h.Since using Tresiba I have not had nocturnal hypoglycemia something that had previously regularly.And when I put it in twice the Lantus did not get so much improvement in the afternoons as three that I put in one time.

Summarizing:

If the lantus covers you perfectly 24h in a single injection per day (it was not my case) and it works well because you do not change because you will not notice improve since one insulin and the other are very similar.

If, as it was my case, I did not cover the lantus and you had to put it twice or play with the rapid - sport because you will notice the improvement with threeiba since you will solve your problem and with one update you have covered the day.

"For me the best time to put the taking of Tresiba is at noon about 14:30 am"

Greetings to all and much encouragement.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 10:12 a.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

Telling everyone that the Tresiba works very well and covers the 24h of the day but you get it it is because you have not found the right dose or do not correctly handle the quick in my specific case the one that works best for me is humalog that and to the tastes of each one.

I have been testing and for me the best setting of the Tresiba is at 2:30 p.m. (at noon).It takes it to take effect of 30 to 90 minutes and even if you have the day before because almost 42h do not have to be delayed at the schedule of putting it on.

Remember to put it at the same time every day and in some consequence concrete to be able to advance it a little never delay it (flexibility does not have as much as this is advertised if it is true) otherwise very happy as so many people who are using it.

Courage everyone and is valid from a year of age.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 10:43 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

I, after trying different schedules, for me also the best time, at noon, which is not good because I have to take the 2 feathers but it is the one that has given me the best result that ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/09/2016 2:33 p.m.

Today we had a visit with the endocrine and thought would change us to Tresiba, but it has not been so.He has told us that at the moment the lantus works well and it seems that it is covered by 24 h and without considerable hypos, that for the moment let's continue.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/09/2016 4:39 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

If something works, so you will change

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/09/2016 7:41 p.m.

Tomorrow they give me the Tresiba, I have been talking today with the educator nurse and tomorrow I go to the endo.

I have asked them if there is any rapid insulin that has a more powerful and fast effect than Humalog, and that ends before, and for now there is nothing in the market.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/09/2016 7:44 p.m.

artories said:
Tomorrow they give me the threeiba, I have been talking today with the educator nurse and tomorrow I go to the endo.

I have asked them if there is any rapid insulin that has a more powerful and fast effect than Humalog, and that ends before, and for now there is nothing in the market.

Tips for new ones with the threeiba:

1- Put it at noon (example about 2:30 p.m.) Always at the same time every day try to adjust to the fixed schedule.The schedule each who puts the one who comes well.I have put this schedule because I have done tests and this is the one that works best for me.

2- Dose:
We multiply the total body weight by 0'2 units and the result is the total of units that must be put on.Then every two days we adjust dose (+ - unit) and wait for those two days to see the result and so on.

Example: Weight- 73kg by 0'2 = 15 units will surely then upload about three units and we would stay in 18 totals.Very similar to the total of Lantus

3- Fast (in my case Humalog) on ​​demand.Meals and adjustments.

Greetings and tried to contribute my experience.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 8:56 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

For that rule of 3 ami I do not get insulin or in the middle of the k I am putting weight 80 x 0.2 = 16 and I am putting 36 Asiesk tell me me

paquimacias
03/09/2016 9:16 p.m.

Thanks for the help @Josep111, the time of noon is also good for Lantus, at least this is how my daughter is doing well., that continues to change or not.Lantus is doing well, but it is very justified, the last hour goes up, although not every day.The truth is that I expected a longer duration of the Tresiba.
@paquimacias, the dose must be found, each one needs a different one.My daughter uses Lantus 22 and weighs 60 kg.And look at what @Josep111 says that the three -one takes to act, it is the problem of slow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2016 9:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If I put it at 20:30 with the rapid tmb of dinner

paquimacias
03/09/2016 9:47 p.m.

How long does it take to act?
I put on 19 and according to that rule I would have to put 14.
Put it at noon because it is fatal because or I have not entered to work or I am working.I could do it, but I know myself and I am liada I would forget.Like the Kantian I put it at night for me it is very comfortable because I am normally at home.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/09/2016 9:49 p.m.

Katian forgiveness no, Lantus.I write with my mobile and my finger went.

Anaisabel
03/09/2016 9:50 p.m.

The rule is guidance for the new three who do not know how many units put on.Then everyone must adapt the units to their day without rules.

The most comfortable time and that we all like it is at night that is very clear.But in my case it works for me better at noon, I have better glycemia when I wake up and glycemia does not lower me before 2pm.It is what there is to put it at noon.

The advantage is that this is a bit more flexible than the lantus (not much more but it is covered by 24h).

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 10:23 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

anaisabel said:
Put it at noon because it is fatal because or I have not entered to work or I am working.I could do it, but I know myself and I am liada I would forget.Like the Kantian I put it at night for me it is very comfortable because I am normally at home.

Once it takes between 30 and 90 minutes to act.

The most comfortable thing is at night if it works for you, do not change it at noon.In my specific case I change because I have better glycems when I get up and glycemia does not lower me from 12: 30h to 13: 30h (before eating).

I hope to see you helped in your question, Anaisabel.All the best

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 10:28 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

anaisabel said:

Ignore any rule.The rule is being as stabilized as possible and point.

The rule I have put is orient for people who begin and did not use Lantus.So that they know how many units start putting on.Then they will have to adjust them.

Anyway, the endocrine is the one who will say what needs to be done at all times.Everything we comment in this forum as in others is always orientative and under the supervision of the relevant endocrine.

Courage everyone.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/09/2016 10:36 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

From thirty to ninety ... ok.How do you know?

Anaisabel
03/09/2016 10:40 p.m.

@Anaisabel, associate the threeiba with the humalog of food and so you don't forget, I also prefer at night but I don't go well so there is ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/09/2016 10:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.