{'en': 'Toujeo insulin', 'es': 'Insulina toujeo'} Image

Toujeo insulin

Dori's profile photo   03/03/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hello, today I can finally say that I am already stabilized with the toujeo.Suddenly one day I don't get up with a rush and I have been further or so.So in the end I don't call the endocrine of which I'm glad, total for the case I was going to do ...
If I continue like this, in the end you were right that it was a matter of time, but it took me a month to make her and in the end with 4 units more than the Lantus.
Jasom, now I can also tell you that you have patience and probably your body also adapts to change.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
05/05/2016 3:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems that the 4 units was the magic figure for us, I also have a pair of normalized days after climbing up to 4 units, from 24 with Lantus to 28 with Toujeo.
Let's see how it follows but then for now the effect is quite flat throughout the day.

Greetings

jasom's profile photo
jasom
05/05/2016 6:28 p.m.

I'm very happy to hear it.Insulin is very flat and perfectly covers 24h.

The truth is that they have greatly improved the lantus concentrating it is like a new glargine.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
05/05/2016 10:50 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

I upload this issue to keep telling how you are going.
So, even if you go with Lantus, it is worth changing?
Do you notice that the toujeo is flatter and lasts longer?
What time do you wear it?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2016 12:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I upload this topic to keep telling how you are going.
So, even if you go with Lantus, it is worth changing?
Do you notice that the toujeo is flatter and lasts longer?
What time do you wear it?

Of course it is worth the change.Flat and perfectly covers 24h

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
05/09/2016 9:18 a.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

Thank you very much,@Josep111, is already determined.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2016 4:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

hello everyone!
I have 4 days with Toujeo and for now no hypoglycemia but I have seen that I have more Apidra needs, because I am having postprandial hyperglycemia.
For now I am maintaining the same dose of Toujeo as of Lantus, my basal are around 80-115.

nuniru's profile photo
nuniru
05/22/2016 5:37 p.m.

36 años, LADA desde los 31
Toujeo 10 ui; apidra 3 - 4 -3
última glicosilada 6.4

Hello everyone,
I have uploaded the following comment in another thread but I see that this is more successful .. I hit it here to see if you can give me a hand.THANK YOU!

I have been with the toujeo for two weeks and I tell you how he is going to see if someone can advise me a little.
To me the Lantus covered me quite well.I put it at night and reached the dinner the next day about 120. The problem with her was the nocturnal hypos.I put it at 23.30 and many days at 5.30 in the morning, Hipo.That's why when my endo proposed to try the toujeo I thought I would leave much better.
It is true that I notice it much more flat but I have a doubt that I don't know how to solve.I started putting it at the same time as the Lantus, at 23.30, but I noticed a couple of days that at two hours, on 1.30 it was over 60 or less (this after having dinner).Then I put it at 21.30 to check if the ‘descent’ effect was from the basal and yes, if I put the toujeo at 21.30 and not as anything, at 23.30 I am touching the hypo.I solve this by reducing the quick dinner but I am already conditioned and bothers me.
The thing is that Toujeo has a three -hour margin to put it on.So what happens if x example will I go for dinner and put it at home at 7pm?Well, I'll get off dinner.
I don't know if it's good so, but the toujeo goes down the sugar during the first hours of putting it.That shouldn't happen right?
Because now imagine that I put it at four in the afternoon, after eating, because it forces you to snack, you want or not, you can or not ...
How do I do?Those who use toujeo can you guide me please?
I had a little with her but I thought it was going to be faster to catch the trick.
Thank you so much!

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
05/24/2016 12:37 p.m.

Hello again to everyone
I don't know if someone will read this thread but I tell you in case you can help someone who is like me or start with the toujeo

I fatal at the moment with the toujeo.It is not atino.During the day well but at night the following happens to me:
- I put 11 units with dinner (I have been testing different doses to have a profile).Well, there are days that I wake up at 200 and others that about two in the morning wake up with a hiccup of 40 (that with similar posts).So I don't know if I am slow and the hyper morning are due to hypos that I don't find out or what happens to me.

So I don't know what to do.With the Lantus I had the peak of six hours but for the moment I have not improved anything with the toujeo.Tomorrow I go to endo but the truth is that it is generating a lot of anxiety.

I've been from May 7.I don't know if it's a lot or little and I have read you and some have improved later but I don't see the light ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
05/31/2016 11:53 a.m.

@Sugarde, maybe it is good to put it at noon or at eating.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2016 1:14 a.m.

@Sugaed Give him time, I have been with Tresiba for almost 2 months and now it is when I am starting to take the calm, each body we are a world, it takes effect in 1 week and others in 2 months, this is not mathematics ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/01/2016 3:10 p.m.

Sugared, I like you, late in getting the toujeo, I got up with an average of 300 every day but suddenly one day it seems that everything was receded, that if with 4 units more than of Lantus, so I recommend you havepatience and consult it if between your endocrine and you get to find the dose and the most appropriate time.
Much encouragement, many of us go through the same and after a month and something we get it.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
06/01/2016 10:10 p.m.

Thank you very much!
Well yesterday I went to see my endo and we started putting it at noon.Let's see how it goes.At the moment I had a good time but I went to sleep at 116 and I got up at 206 ... Anyway, with a day I just can't get a pattern so I will try to be patient.
He also gave me free with such a sensor we can see what happens at night.She believes that I have hypos that then make me rebound ... today it seems that it has been.
I am calmer after talking to her but wanting stability hehe

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/02/2016 9:44 a.m.

Or it may need one more unit ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2016 4:14 p.m.

Watch the night

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2016 4:15 p.m.

Hello!
Well, the thing is going much better since I put the toujeo at noon.With the free I have proven that if I do not make hiccups at night, I spend quite stable.Now let's see if we get stabilized like this and keep it hehe

Regina, that was the doubt we had.If the Hyper in the morning were due to lack of insulin or hypos that did not notice and it seems that it is the second.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/06/2016 10:15 a.m.

Hello again
How are you going?

I have been putting the toujeo at noon for a week and I have improved.This is my guideline (clear adjusted according to the rations I eat):
Toujeo 0-11-0
Novorapid 3-3-3

I have a consultation to see what you think.

Right now if I go to go in values ​​objective 90-120 I am arriving in the morning about 140
At dinner time with 11u from Toujeo, Max 90 arrived (they say that the toujeo has no peak but has it although not as abrupt as the lantus)

I would like to adjust the value of the mornings.So, if I put more units of toujeo my question is whether I will hicc up in the afternoon ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
06/09/2016 9:49 a.m.

Hello colleagues a week ago that I have changed my one -sized to Toujeo and from the first day I look very good as with Levemir but I have lowered the quick I put it at night after dinner novorapid = 6 desyu, 6 food, 4 dinnerand 18 of Toujeo

irene's profile photo
irene
06/13/2016 2:37 p.m.

It seems that the toujeo is doing well

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2016 1:10 a.m.

Hello chic@s !!I have been reading some of the comments about the new insulins, Tresiba and Toujeo, and from what I see, the vast majority are great.
I would like to know, if someone, apart from A @Sugard and @luvi, do not go so well ...
I was with 24 of Lantus in food, and in the morning, about 7 always descended blood glucose, even if I had eaten something in the postcena or not ... but I solved it with two cookies Maria.It happened to me with all the insulins that I have tried (with some descent has been more marked than with others).
In January they changed me to Tresiba.My endocrine told me that it was a new insulin that did not produce hypos, and so much ... !!!I have spent almost 4 months with levels around 300 (sometimes above and sometimes below) going every Wednesday during the 4 months to talk to my diabetological educator to try to adjust the insulin dose.Apart from my hormonal system, it has been uncontrolled.I have begun grains on my face, chest and back, telling that I have never had grains (or in adolescence), not to mention the rule ... has disappeared.
After trying and seeing that Tresiba was not working, I decided to talk to my endocrine to try to put a solution.This time it changed me to Toujeo.With this insulin I managed to be a little better controlled, but I also had moments of hyperglycemia.And, I have even had to increase Humalog units, having to put 1 or 2 more units in food and dinner (before I put a unit by ration).
Yesterday I went to my GP and I told him, he told me to return to the Lantus.So, yesterday I started again with her and I have noticed that my glycemias are adjusted again !!!At last!!
Now I just hope that when my endocrine returns in September, I don't get the anger ...

JOANASM's profile photo
JOANASM
06/16/2016 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.