{'en': 'Can we give ourselves a "free" day?yes or no?and how??', 'es': '¿Podemos darnos un día "libre"? ¿si o no? ¿y como??'} Image

Can we give ourselves a "free" day?yes or no?and how??

ani's profile photo   03/06/2016 3:52 p.m.

I believe that a day free of diabetes control "we deserve it", at least once a month !!!

And that serves to go back to bring control better, to be well controlled every day ........: d l-)

ani's profile photo
ani
03/06/2016 3:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What are you talking about?To eat whatever you want?Of course you can do it, whenever you know how to calculate the fast.
You can even give yourself a fast injections free if you are consommorable that day ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/06/2016 6:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I hit a "tribute" from time to time and nothing happens, yesterday it was one day of those, I have dawned a little uncontrolled I have done sports I have cut myself in hydrates and I am "like new" what I will not consent to isthat diabetes send in my life

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
03/06/2016 8:17 p.m.

Hi friend;
@regina, I proposed this question to everyone so that each one expresses what signs most appropriate to his person, I do it very convenient, more or less every month and also, that depends on many personal factors, on @rafaelcaballero coincides with myway of seeing and I think that he;It is doing well !!!= D> Greetings and always ...........

ani's profile photo
ani
03/07/2016 9:30 a.m.

For me, one day free would be 24 hours in which I could:

* Stop thinking about the amount of insulin that I have to wear.
* Stop following the glycemic curves.
* Forget about controlling time and hours.
* Do what I wanted without more ... do sports, eat, sleep ...

That day, it would be a great day !!!:)) :)) :)) :))

fer's profile photo
fer
03/07/2016 11:01 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

No, we can't give ourselves a day off.A shame, but it is so.You can do something that you know is not going to sit well, but if you already know you already know the consequences.But a whole day?Well no.If I could do what I wanted I just think about eating without counting and without clicking.If @fer, it would be a great day :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/07/2016 12:21 p.m.

We are dependent on insulin injection and that is our jail, not eating one thing or another or eating "better" or "worse."

Until they take out a cure or the cells encapsulated those, we will not be able to give ourselves free days.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/07/2016 12:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

fer said:
for me, one day would be 24 hours in which I could:

What accounts would be milk !!I don't know what I did that day .....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
03/07/2016 12:48 p.m.

Well, I do not see myself capable of not pricking or not eating carbohydrates, from my own experience that of skipping meals or not eating carbohydrates, it takes me, a meal I can pass it, and with the basal adjusted in the pump, but beforeor after reaching the next thing the thing is out of control ... free day for me sounds to Utopia :(

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/07/2016 4:09 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

There are no days off, we are slaves, for the moment.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/07/2016 6:28 p.m.

artories said:
There are no days, we are slaves, for the moment.

@Arotorias I agree that I just realized that in my comment I obviously ignored it!:)) :)) :)) :))

I would like to have such a day as long!8- & GT;

fer's profile photo
fer
03/07/2016 6:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I am very happy with Leados and verify that we think in a similar way, despite that we have very different treatments, we are different as a person, our "dear" Diabètes we understand it from a different point because I reach our lives, at different ages, countriesand medical advances ... but;In the same response and we say unison: we would not stop taking care of ourselves, because we know that it is catastrophic for each and every one of the diabetics, and I agree with all equally and very correct to think of: @Arotorias, @Aranzazuleg @Sherpa41;Sweet greetings and encouragement, brave !!!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
03/07/2016 7:34 p.m.

fer said:
for me, one day would be 24 hours in which I could:

ani's profile photo
ani
03/07/2016 7:36 p.m.

fer said:
artories said:
There are no days off, we are slaves, for the moment.

@Arotorias I agree that I just realized that in my comment I obviously ignored it!:)) :)) :)) :))

I was implicit in your penultimate phrase ...

fer said:
do whatever I wanted without more ... do sports, eat, sleep ...
>

... Be free.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/07/2016 8:59 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Touch!!!= D> = d> = d> = d>

fer's profile photo
fer
03/07/2016 11:08 p.m.

fer said:
touché !!!= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;

You are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
03/07/2016 11:11 p.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

On the contrary, it is good that diabetics force us to be flanders for which everything is fine and everyone is very beautiful and nothing happens, because if not by the poor children who can read this, or for the poorparents....

We will release at once all this, we end the flanders and talk clearly from now on.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/07/2016 11:21 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Juan_miguel1 said:
you are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

On the contrary, it is good that diabetics force us to be flanders for which everything is fine and everyone is very beautiful and nothing happens, because if not by the poor children who can read this, or for the poorparents....

We will release at once all this, we end the flanders and talk clearly from now on.

I do not say that we always have to go with a smile and super cheerful for having diabetes but sometimes this forum usually depressed me a lot in this issue that I try to have the maximum positividas.

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
03/07/2016 11:26 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Juan_miguel1 said:
you are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

I believe that this disease is so enslaving and makes you so dependent, that it makes you prone to adopt a submissive attitude above all.We must fight that and put the cushions on the table, that if we add to the type2 we are a lot and we should have much more power and be more heard than now, that we are seen as a sanitary expense thanannoying and little more.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/07/2016 11:28 p.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
I do not say that we always have to go with a smile and super cheerful for having diabetes but sometimes this forum usually depresses me a lot in this issue that I try to have the maximum positividas.

I do not understand that I can depress you that people will get rid of that false "positivity" and say what it really feels.
If you live it differently, explain it too, but it shouldn't affect you what happens to others.

Or maybe it depresses you because you realize that you think the same thing?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/07/2016 11:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.