{'en': 'Can we give ourselves a "free" day?yes or no?and how??', 'es': '¿Podemos darnos un día "libre"? ¿si o no? ¿y como??'} Image

Can we give ourselves a "free" day?yes or no?and how??

ani's profile photo   03/06/2016 3:52 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Juan_miguel1 said:
I do not say that we have to always go with a smile and super cheerful for having diabetes but sometimes this forum usually medepress a lot on this issue that I try to have the maximum positividas.

I do not understand that I can depress you that people get rid of that false positivity and say what it really feels.

If you live it differently, explain it too, but it shouldn't affect you what happens to others.

Or maybe it depresses you because you realize that you think the same thing?

No, I am quite optimistic with diabetes.
I only have 1 month with diabetes and make it possible to see how people with many more years having diabetes say they are tired, enslaved ... and think that I can end like them.

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
03/07/2016 11:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juan_miguel1 said:
no, I am quite optimistic with diabetes.
I only have 1 month with diabetes and make it possible to see how people with many more years having diabetes say they are tired, enslaved ... and think that I can end like them.

Quiet, I think exactly the same from the first day, until today.:)

Anyway, this is not something I have in mind during my day.I also try to have a positive mental attitude, to help me develop in my daily life.But when I write a post in this forum, I try to analyze it cold and express my most objective and sincere opinion.Despite who weighs him.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/08/2016 12:08 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Juan_Miguel1 Here you will find opinions of all kinds, in general they are positive, in the sense of encouraging us, but diabetes is what it is, and nobody has asked to have it, so you will see hard messages, others very objective, realistic, etc ...

The important thing is that you can say what you think, and share it with other people who understand you perfectly because they know diabetes like you, yes, complying with the rules of the forum!, To avoid hurting others and maintaining a good tone among the foreros!!;)

Keep reading issues on the forum and you will see what I tell you, like all long -lasting activities, there are better and worse moments, so it is important to be realistic and also encourage us, so I encourage!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/08/2016 7:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I tell you that if the day came I would go fear, hahaha
Anyway everyone takes care of one way or another arrival at a certain age, and there are few days.

We will continue to enjoy our way !!:-)

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
03/08/2016 9:10 a.m.

@Juan_Miguel1 to see I am even her very.It is not a sea of ​​roses as some people sometimes tell, or tell their challenges or just their beautiful, that is not the reality, it would be to fool us, we are slaves.
It is true that fighting and with sacrifice things can be achieved.
And I will be fed up but I can tell you that at 43 I am the happiest person in the world seeing what I do and after seeing what I have never done and that for me it has been disappointing and frustrating, and I am very clear that I don'tI will stop fighting to have my dreams.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/08/2016 6:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jconegar, you are the most slave of all because when you do sports you have to make more numbers than Pythagoras.Can you imagine take the bike or run, without more? ... I would give all my years of life for a single day.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
03/08/2016 8:12 p.m.

roar said:
jconegar, you are the most slave of all because when you do sports you have to make more numbers than Pythagoras.Can you imagine take the bike or run, without further ado? ... I would give all my years of life for a single day.

Why do you have to do more numbers?

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
03/08/2016 8:22 p.m.

@Fer, I check that you have responded very quickly and then you have corrected yourself, "those are the brave" who recognize their mistake and congratulate you !!!Because knowing what is the result to your action, (although only 24h) I would try to have 1 day "free" only at a precise moment and then resume the "old inhabitants" to fall into temptation !!![-X a big hug and continues to say that, we like that !!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
03/08/2016 8:44 p.m.

Thanks @ani!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/08/2016 9:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@roar I really have something overwhelmed.Depending on whether I have competition or not, the training is hard of more and as there is always some, everything varies a lot, continuous basal changes, calculate schedules so that there is never insulin in the body, depending on how it should take the more pulsations orLess HC, it's a mess, so when they tell something sports and put everything like a sea of ​​roses I don't understand it.
It is true that we can, but as you say they are continuous calculations, statistics according to training, I did not go for the bomb I would also go crazy and go like this and everything.
Maybe it's me alone, I've always thought about that too, but look this Sunday made my third half marathon, I had a week and a half with more hard training, reducing basal almost every day many hours by 80 % and with descents, the continuous trainingThey made me need much less insulin.
I cannot think about running or going out by bike without more worrying about fatigue, for me it would be a dream to be able to make a competition like this, without thinking about anything else.
A dream that I know I will not be able to, I only ask that these children who are can have their dreams more easily.
What is clear that we can, that we sacrifice more but we should never stop dreaming for being diabetic, I have more complicated future challenges, but the diabetes will not take away my illusion I can assure you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/08/2016 10:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jconegar, I totally agree with you, you know you are my model to follow.For me and for everyone who knows what it means to live with diabetes, what you do is heroic.

Juan_miguel 1, stop by Jconegar's blog
Link
And see how they plan the millimeter each of its challenges.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
03/08/2016 10:49 p.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
sherpa41 said:
Juan_miguel1 said:
Juan_miguel1 said:
I do not say that we have to always go with a smileand super cheerful for having diabetes but sometimes this forum usually depressed me a lot in this issue that I try to have the maximum positividas.

I do not understand that I can depress you that people get rid of that false positivity and say what it really feels.

If you live it differently, explain it too, but it shouldn't affect you what happens to others.

Or maybe it depresses you because you realize that you think the same thing?

No, I am quite optimistic with diabetes.

Juan_miguel1 said:
fer said:
touché !!!= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;

You are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

ani's profile photo
ani
03/09/2016 10:04 a.m.

Juan_miguel1 said:
fer said:
touché !!!= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;= D & GT;

You are sometimes a bit negative the forum in general

ani's profile photo
ani
03/09/2016 10:13 a.m.

Hi @Juan_Miguel1, I will tell you that I carry your answers and I can afford, if you accept it to me;that makes some clarifications about the "beautiful" diabets (be type1 or 2) that we suffer from each of the domebetics, here and in the world !!!You are a "baby on this subject" because you only have lived with her and you still don't know all the "artimanas" and ugly blows that this disease presents at every moment of the day and night;I can only advise you, (since the medical staff will not do it) because it is almost impossible to do so in the 1st.Visit: Only the patient should do so to measure controls, feeding, medicine, and an adequate way of living to avoid Hypo and Hyper !!and start "knowing" .....;)

ani's profile photo
ani
03/09/2016 10:33 a.m.

@Juan Miguel1, our life of diabetics everyone lives it in the best possible way but, thanks to this forum and all of us inside, it gives us the opportunity to express our feelings that sometimes, it is overwhelming and we can "get rid of" ourselves "Speaking to others who alone, they can understand;You don't take this to your judgment, just dedicate yourself to listen to "read" and if you can, ask and ask, nothing more!I ask you to analyze this case, and there will be thousands more: I only have 54 Diabètes and I get to my 70os of life and without many complications due to the disease!Do you not believe that in those 19,710 days and nights I will not have negative days ???(I did the mathematics) for you, of my days because only that gives me strength, Valentia and also rage !!!The Diabètes is only for brave and ............. You are one of them: go ahead and a lot of gerrero!= D> = D>: -ss

ani's profile photo
ani
03/09/2016 10:55 a.m.

I agree with many of you, with my 11 years of diabetes, I do not consider myself a rookie but much less an expert and every day I am learning, learning with negative days but trying to make them turn them into positive.It is true that a whole day of freedom without thinking about our obligations I see it impossible (I recently took a flight for a long weekend and just thinking about my material to carry Porsia, it was a burden, reports, needles, bolis, meter ...), but a couple of moments that I felt free and that I share you have come to my head:
-Before having the Dexcom and with the habit of looking at me with the glucometer 6 times a day, because one day repeating the routine meals, in a whole day I did not measure myself in blood!haha, right?But it was a relief not to measure or write it down in the rigor librettite: P
-There is a burden that makes me feel slave sometimes and is always going with my bag everywhere, with bars or cookies or sugar, just in case.I remember a vacation day, within a few years of the debut, after dinner that we went for a walk near the hotel and had nothing on top, my empty hands!(It was the same was a bit unconscious but since I had eaten in excess I allowed myself that moment of freedom that you cannot imagine, I sat divinely): \ ">>

valky's profile photo
valky
03/12/2016 12:59 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

valky said:
-there is a burden that makes me feel slave sometimes and is always going with the bag everywhere, with bars or cookies or sugar, just in case.I remember a vacation day, within a few years of the debut, after dinner that we went for a walk near the hotel and had nothing on top, my empty hands!(It was the same was a bit unconscious but since I had eaten in excess I allowed myself that moment of freedom that you cannot imagine, I felt divinely): \ "& GT;

The girls are lucky that you have good to wear a bag.The boys according to how we go, totally break the image, wear a backpack or bag.

In fact, in summer, I never take any material on top of it, at most a preloaded mini-hinge, in my pants pocket, but only if I have to go to eat out (in winter if I always carry a ball and a glucoup in thejacket).

But I do not recommend it at all, I remember once leaving a party in the forum of Barcelona, ​​which was walking only on an empty road and gave me a bass, I became so strong that it was almost impossible to look like the sightLuckily, I don't know how, I found an open bar (at 5 or 6 in the morning!) And a huge Coca-Cola saved me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/12/2016 12:10 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Whether it is winter, as a summer, in a bar or in the pool, I always carry the Dexcom, 2 or 3 envelopes of sugar + a glucup, and the rapid ball somewhere, pocket, bag, or cold wallet... there is nothing worse than being shot up or down and not having the minimums by hand!: -B

fer's profile photo
fer
03/12/2016 12:33 p.m.

fer said:
both if it is winter, as summer, in a bar or in the pool, I always carry the Dexcom, 2 or 3 envelopes of sugar + a glucup, and the ball of theFast somewhere, pocket, bag, or cold portfolio ... there is nothing worse than being shot up or down and not having the minimums by hand!: -B

Can the ball fit in your pants pocket in summer?To me, at most, I already say that I have a minijeringa with insulin.And the glucup bought it when they left many years ago and I have not used any, I don't even know what they like, if I notice that I am from Bajon I prefer to wait to get a Coca-Cola or Fanta.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/12/2016 1:21 p.m.

@Sherpa41 How is that of an insulin minijeringa?/:) I have only had bolis that go from one piece, and they have the size they have, all the same, and it is a problem for small bags when you want to carry the minimum.
Well now that you say @Fer those pool moments are also mini moments of freedom, although if you are a long time in the water, the time of doubt that you consider "I have swam a lot, I feel strange, how much will I be?": P So it does not count.

valky's profile photo
valky
03/12/2016 8:41 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.