{'en': 'Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]', 'es': 'Nightscout y xDrip [Guía de iniciación]'} Image

Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]

Artorias's profile photo   03/21/2016 3:12 a.m.

Do you know if with the MEDTRONIC 640G pump and the continuous Medtronic Meter is there something like this to communicate it with the mobile or with the Swath?Use Bluetooth right?

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
04/24/2016 9:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The 640g is already dento of the Nightcout project.It seems that they use a USB OTG cable to connect the mobile to the Bayer Contour that comes with the pump, from there they take out the data and send it to the Nightcout website.
But an app to communicate directly with the Bluetooth pump, which I know, there is no.That would be milk.I understand that the information that is passed through Bluettoh to the bomb will be encrypted ... but I don't know.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/25/2016 12:32 p.m.

Thanks @gala, I don't know, I'm doubtful.We will have to wait for the conditions of No Novalav for the G5

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/26/2016 6:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello, for whom you may be interested.I was using the original XDrip firmware in my Wixel, that is, the one to be modified with your transmitter number and then compile.This firmware only sends raw glucose value to the phone (RAW).But the Dexcom transmitter provides, in addition to this value, the filtered value (filtered).
I have loaded the XBDRIGE firmware in my Wixel, an improved version of the original firmware.This version sends both values ​​to the phone, not just the RAW.Now I am much better, the XDRIP algorithm is adjusting more the values.I can also see both values ​​on the Nightcout website and are very useful (attached screenshot) White points are raw values.
Xbridge firmware for Wixel is compatible with traditional architecture without resistance.Although it is better to mount the new design with some resistances that multiply the duration of the battery, since the Wixel turns off the Bluetooth module when it is not in use.
By the way, with this wixel, it is not necessary to put the transmitter number, then through the XDRIP App of Android the transmitter number is specified, by connecting it the first time it happens to the wixel this number of transmitter to filter and send us only ourvalues ​​and not those of the neighbor

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 4:48 p.m.

And with the XBRIDGE firmware if you get well the circuit that they specify with their resistance, you can see in the XDRip app the battery left to the home receptor, that is great.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/19/2016 5:38 p.m.

The receiver that I have of the XDRipkit website is not compatible with Xbridge unfortunately, at least I have not managed to work.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/19/2016 5:40 p.m.

Artorias, I have 2 xDrip, one of them is the classic bought from Steve on the XDripkit website.I have put the new Xbridge2 firmware to the Wixel and works perfectly.The only thing that does not save energy (it does not carry the 10K and 27K resistances) but it works.

I thought that the Xbrdige2 did not work in the "classic" XDrip but yes, it only does not save drums:

Link

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 9:49 p.m.

The most advanced firmware for the Wixel (Xbridge2.wxl) and the PDF where everything is explained is here:

Link

Then in the Android XDrip app you will tell him that the "source" of the data is a "Xbridge Wixel" (instead of a "Bluetooth Wixel" that you have now) and you put him in the Android app itself your transmitter number,so that the packets of yours are passed to the wixel and filter.

To load the firmware you get off the Pololu website (Wixel manufacturer) the SW to load the Wixel.Prmero you give him a previous version and then write new.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 9:56 p.m.

An important thing if you decide to install the new firmware to the Wixel.Before making the XDRIP turn off or at least turn off the Bluetooth connection with the mobile.If we load the new firmware with the Bluetooth on, the HM10 Bluetooth module of our XDrip can be hung in an unwanted state.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 11:03 p.m.

So and summarizing:
1) I install the Pololu Wixel Configuration Utility application that is on the Pololu website
2) I turn off the "classic" xDrip
3) I connect the Polyu Wixel to the cable computer
4) I open the Pololu Wixel Configuration Utility application and I give to the "Wixel/Erase Wixel" option to erase the old firmware
5) Position the new signed.To do this I give "Write to Wixel" and selected the file "Xbridge2.wxl" that I have previously lowered here:
Link
6) I give OK and load the firmware and tell me that it has been written correctly
7) Disconnext The computer wixel
8) I open the Android XDRIP app and in Setting I selected as "Source" data source the "XBRDIGE WIXEL" type (formerly had the Bluetooth Wixel), a new menu appears where the transmitter number enters.
9) I turn on the XDRIP with the new firmware
10) In the Android XDrip app I am looking for the new device, for this I give "Scan for BT" and select the new device called something like Xbridge + the last two figures of my transmitter number.
11) Once connected to 5 minutes you should start seeing values.

To me with this new firmware the XDrip algorithm is much better.I have the Android XDrip Beta5 app installed.RAW values ​​do not appear in the XDRIP Beta5 app but can be seen on the Nightcout website.We are going to Nightcout and in Settings we always give the option to see RAW values, we save and from this moment on Nightcout we will see white dots that are the RAW values.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 11:03 p.m.

Thank you, I will try again because the previous time I could not put the XBRIDGE2 firmware in Steve's xDripkit.I also did some bad step.I had to flash the normal firmware of its website.

Let's see if I get it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/19/2016 11:13 p.m.

It only occurs to me that you will forget to change the source of the XDRIP app (Step 8).
The Lord that has done the XBRIGDE2 firmware has cured and detects whether we are using the classical configuration or the resistance.Both work.

Eye I am using the XDrip app for Android Beta5 (the last), although I understand that with previous versions it will also work.But I assure you that the classic XDRIP of Steve (Xdripkit) works with this firmware and the Beta 5 app, I have it.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/19/2016 11:49 p.m.

Hello
We have been with the XDRip for almost three weeks and the truth is wonderful.
Today the entrance of the charger has been released, for misuse, (plug it without looking at the position) but a friend has tinned it and is already going well.
I would like to have a replacement since we do not have the dexcon receptor and I have read that there is one, that of the resistances, which consumes less battery for the subject of the
Bluetooh disconnection.
Does anyone know if they sell it semi mounted?
We have Steve that is going well but we would like to try that other.
Thank you so much

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
05/25/2016 7:58 p.m.

Hello again!
I was taking a look at previous comments and I found it to understand that the Melrose phone does the XDRIP function, that is, it transforms the radio signal to Bluetoooh, this is the case?
Thank you

Antonmartin
05/25/2016 10:35 p.m.

antonmartin said:
hello again!
I was taking a look at previous comments and I found it to understand that the Melrose phone does the XDRIP function, that is, it transforms the radio signal to Bluetoooh, this is the case?
Thanks

No, you still need an XDrip receiver.

Melrose is very talked about because it is the smallest mobile that supports the requirements of the XDrip app (Bluetooth and Android version).Parents buy it to pack it to the child and raise the data to Nightscout for telemonitorization.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/25/2016 10:42 p.m.

Thanks Artorias
I had already excited me.

Antonmartin
05/25/2016 11:31 p.m.

Hello, I have mounted the XBRIDGE version (the 27K and 10K resistance).The resistances allow you to measure the remaining battery and thus be able to see in the Android app the % of bacteria that you have left.With Steve's XDRIP the % bacteria shown by the XDRIP is not the real one.

In addition to the XBRIDGE2 resistance and firmware for the Wixel, the Bluetooth is turned off when a lot of battery is not used and saved.

In this thread are the components to buy and the website Don the Document PDF (xBrdige2.pdf) where it is explained as mounting it:
Link

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/26/2016 8:57 a.m.

Thanks AlbertoT
Let's see if I encourage myself with the help of a friend.

Antonmartin
05/26/2016 2 p.m.

Hello, I have not started with the XDrip or the G4 but I have everything ready so I will begin and I already have a doubt that I would appreciate that you will clarify me, is it possible to use the XDRIP simultaneously and a receiver or is there any problem?It sounds to me to have read that if you start the sensor with the official receiver then do not read in the XDRIP or vice versa.Thanks a thousand.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
06/15/2016 10:10 p.m.

There is no problem.Actually the transmitter does not "start" because it is always working.That is a pampin of the official receiver.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/15/2016 10:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.